Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,530 comments
Old Sandevoerde "test" - GrassFX RainFx and a wee bit of tree colour toning. you know what to do with it.
View attachment 965079
View attachment 965080

I have quite an extensive ext_config.ini for Sandevooerde with 6 EVENT_ sections, soundbank changes, LIGHT_SERIES_0 section and MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT sections. Do I just add the Rain FX lines and edit the other relevant sections to your versions? Or do you recommend using yours as a replacement?

Thanks, by the way!

Last edited:
Anyone with a Rift S running via Oculus software could try downloading Oculus Tray Tool and switching off ASW. It has now stopped throttling my FPS down to 40 when I use RainFx or whatever.

Hi there! I have CSP and it shows me the encrypted message when I try to open the CM Showroom or the update previews option. How did you done that? Cheers!

Jesus Christ I don´t know why everyone´s got a problem with these Porsches. See here, showroom works:
upload_2020-10-15_14-17-42.png

Updated preview:

upload_2020-10-15_14-18-17.png

I installed the car like I do for every car with drag & drop into CM.

Maybe you got an outdated CM? Check it for updates. Maybe that´s the culprit here.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ I don´t know why everyone´s got a problem with these Porsches. See here, showroom works:
View attachment 965099

Updated preview:

View attachment 965100

Maybe you got an outdated CM? Check it for updates. Maybe that´s the culprit here.

Doesn't work either. And the lights / car instruments are ****ed too.

CM app version : 0.8.2149.36611
CSP 1.60.

View attachment 965099

Updated preview:

View attachment 965100

Well I guess, maybe you downloaded a version of those Porsche that's not encrypted?

I can't open it on showroom and can't update the previews, and I have everything up to date.

Attachments

• porsche.jpg
    porsche.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 101
Sorry but you have seen my screenshot, no message appears that it is encrypted. I can load the showroom and can update the previews like usual.
Strange. There's no message appearing on my side, but when I want to update the previews, nothing happens...nothing...

View attachment 965099

Updated preview:

View attachment 965100

Very strange problem indeed! I have my CM auto update enabled so I believe I have the latest version (CM ver. 0.8.2149.36611 + CSP 0.1.66) and it won't let me update the preview of this Porsche
Error note:
Can’t update previews:
• Failed to load 3D model, this particular encryption is not supported. You can contact model creator for more information.

View attachment 965099

Updated preview:

View attachment 965100

Is it possible you grabbed the cars before they were updated? That might explain it if the showroom encryption was added in the stealth update.
Could you please upload your cars and we can check?

View attachment 965099

Updated preview:

View attachment 965100

Like Masscot said you probably got an unencrypted version. I have everything updated on this side. Trust me.

Attachments

• Sem Título.jpg
    Sem Título.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
shi
Since there were requests from @TimLotus and @Luca959, I created RainFX config. Feel free to modify and share it. The contents are the following 4 courses.
・goodwood_circuit
・goodwood_hillclimb
・sebring
・daytona
View attachment 965108
Only the RainFX config is written. Add it to the end of the original file.
It rains ALOT in the UK... if "Buxton" had rain_fx, many people will be very thankful and you will be credited :)

Last edited:
Guys, I will upload both Porsches with wetransfer in some minutes. You may try with mine then hence I doubt this will be the solution. Btw I use the latest CM from Patreon; maybe there is a little gem included which knocks the encryption out? ;)

since I am already in trouble with the department of war and finance regarding my spending spree on sim racing gear, is the buttkicker thing worthwhile or just meh? Does it work with AC?

I had a buttkicker seat setup in my sim rig and thought it wasn't powerful enough, so I installed a 10" woofer, a low-Hz crossover and a bridged pair of 400-watt amps. Still not anything like enough (it was either that or a 6-plane full-motion rig), so I gave up. IOW, it ain't hardly worth it.

shi
Since there were requests from @TimLotus and @Luca959, I created RainFX config. Feel free to modify and share it. The contents are the following 4 courses.
・goodwood_circuit
・goodwood_hillclimb
・sebring
・daytona
View attachment 965108
Only the RainFX config is written. Add it to the end of the original file.

I keep seeing people add RainFX scripts to the config files, but when will the RainFX be officially released? There have been updates to the shader patches but no RainFX. I dont want to do or have the time for doing the pre-release of this addon. I am in no hurry for RainFX, just curious what is holding this special effect up. Thank you.

Unfortunately ... No :-(

You have to completely redo the animation (it really isn't hard to do but it somehow is one of those chores that one always kicks into the next day, and the next, and ...)
;-)

Here is how I set up the F1 cameras when working on a mod:

1) get car in game, set up cockpit camera to taste, click save to car.ini in the Kunos cockpit camera app -> cockpit camera done

2) open car in CM in custom showroom + open the car.ini file
3) switch in custom showroom to the driving camera you want to adjust (F1 key works here as well as many other shortcuts)
4) adjust camera to taste in car.ini (and dash cam in dash_cam.ini), save the ini file -> dash cam, bumper cam and bonnet cam done

If you like to have some "visual feedback" when adjusting the camera (like a road or track objects you can either place the car in a respective showroom or you have to jump in game to verify your cam settings.

awesome, thanks for the detailed response. I just copy / pasted the lines from another mod into car.ini and it looks ok for now but I will be trying your method out for sure as I need to fine tune it and it will cut down on guessing.

thank you

It rains ALOT in the UK... if "Buxton" had rain_fx, many people will be very thankful and you will be credited :)
Thank you for the request. I will make that config tomorrow.

I keep seeing people add RainFX scripts to the config files, but when will the RainFX be officially released? There have been updates to the shader patches but no RainFX. I dont want to do or have the time for doing the pre-release of this addon. I am in no hurry for RainFX, just curious what is holding this special effect up. Thank you.
I don't know the official release date of RainFX. Sorry.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back