Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,855 comments
Released! Volkswagen Scirocco R 2011 v1.0
Converted by me and physics by @JakubP

The model is a Forza Motorsport 4 model with some tweaks to make it look pretty good imo.
- AO on body and rims and VAO interior
- New front seats
- Bigger steeringwheel
- Better gauge textures
- 3d vw logo on rims instead of logo in texture
- Plates, car color, wheel color, seat color in cm paintshop

This is my first actual mod so please let me now what you think and report any bugs you find and I'll try to update it.

If you want to update/have updates for the mod please pm me.
If you want to make a custom/tuned version go ahead just keep in my credits and send me the mod! Would love to see some custom Scirocco's :)

Link:

View attachment 971152
View attachment 971153
View attachment 971154

Boys thanks alots for your efforts as always! Great job!

I have experimented with adding 2 layers of images and then using material adjustments on the transparent foreground to give the impression of the city lighting up at night, is there a better way of doing this?

It looks okay, but seems a waste of resources to have two large textures.

TFkL835.gif

Last edited:
This problem has only affected a very small portion of users but not to worry as there is a fix, it will be made public pretty soon so keep a look out. :)
Has anybody had a problem with the Corvette force feed back on the steering wheel. It is jerky- lumpy.

Fantastic. Are you doing that skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame F1 driver bodies deform the

View attachment 971174
Fellows,
Some brands are missing despite the cars being there. As an Exemple, I have this golf and others, but the Volkswagen brand isn't there. Any ideas on how to fix it?Thanks
View attachment 971226

Hi mate. If I recall correctly, the first Volkswagen in your list using "Brand: Volkswagen" on the UI info, must have a different logo, which applies to the rest of the pack. My suggestion is to do a Volkswagen search and assign them the same logo+brand info.

I gave this bolide a whirl (at the new R1 Circuit from actl). As with all electric cars (and the Chaparral), I find the single forward gear disconcerting, I guess because most of my driving 'cues' are prompted by revs and gearshifts, but all-in-all a credible effort, not all that much different from Volkswagen's hillclimbing ID.R. I know Lewis has sworn he'd never drive an electric race car, but it makes you wonder: if the only thing keeping auto races from being staged in city centers is the noise (which we all love and the unwashed masses hate), then maybe electric cars are worth a shot. Nah, I'd miss the ripping-canvas shriek of a 312B blasting past my Twenty at 140 dB. Never mind....
Im actually a fan of electric racing. I dunno, its unique, its different, its not the usual thing. I like it, despite the less-than-desirable tracks FE races on

Last edited:
Hi,
Is there any simple way to manipulate drag coefficient within data files?

Unpack the data.acd of the car using CM, then have a play with the data in the aero.ini. For basic aerodynamics, generally I copy the aero.ini and each wing .lut file from a well sorted car that's similar. Then use the CM showroom to position the body/wings. After that you can adjust the main aerodynamic properties simply by adjusting CL_GAIN and CD_GAIN in the aero.ini. CL_GAIN determines downforce or lack thereof, whereas CD_GAIN determines drag.

Download this track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/test-pad.10703/

It's very simple so loads quickly and if you've enabled Developer Apps, then you can open the Aerodynamic Debug app and run up and down the 9km straight. You'll then see the values generated by each part of the aerodynamics with regard to drag and downforce at various speeds. All you need to do then is fiddle about with the aero.ini until you get your desired result.

hi, i have a question, i have this track: vila_real_international, and the number of pit is 1.. is possible change the numer of pit?

i dont have this particular track, but someone would probably have to add/edit in more pit stalls and starting grid locations to the main KN5 file.
You could try going into the UI file and bump up the number of pits, but if the KN5 file does not have the number you select, you will get errors or all the cars will get forced to pit location 1. good luck.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but man, these Porsche never seen before concept are all really cool! I hope some of them make way into AC in the future! That 919 Street version looks insane!
porsche-919-street-clay-model.jpg

Porsche EV Van
porsche-vision-renndienst.jpg

porsche-904-living-legend.jpg

Some of these are not even working prototype, but it would be so easy for Porsche to put them into AC so that we could sit and drive in VR.

i dont have this particular track, but someone would probably have to add/edit in more pit stalls and starting grid locations to the main KN5 file.
You could try going into the UI file and bump up the number of pits, but if the KN5 file does not have the number you select, you will get errors or all the cars will get forced to pit location 1. good luck.

ah ok.. but not exist an other version to Circuit Internacional di Vila Real track? or a fix file?

I have experimented with adding 2 layers of images and then using material adjustments on the transparent foreground to give the impression of the city lighting up at night, is there a better way of doing this?
It looks okay, but seems a waste of resources to have two large textures.

Hey man, I love all the tracks you've released so far, but I must say, if you're still using JPGs for textures you'll waste resources no matter what.
For the buildings, if you´re not using different materials on the windows or you want to light up only a few sections of them, the double layer materials are the way to go indeed; material adjustments should barely have an impact on performance.

Last edited:
Hello friends, not getting into controversy about SimDreams mods. A friend bought me some more mods. And from the 1969 Alpine-Renault, I first made these skins for the Alba Romolo T33 / 2 (Alfa-Romeo de Le Mans 1968) and then I created a specific directory for the car in question, that is, if I make a race or training, the name in question will appear. I also intend to make Margot 630, (Matra 630), from Le Mans 1967/1968, just to have fun, and to diversify the Le Mans grid.

Attachments

• Alpine.jpg
    Alpine.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 70
  • carro38.jpg
    carro38.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 66
  • carro39.jpg
    carro39.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 62
  • carro40.jpg
    carro40.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 64
  • carro41.jpg
    carro41.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 66
I get this error message when starting the AUDI R8 IMSA GTO.
Game crashed
BLURRED NODE (RIM_BLUR_LF) WHEELINDEX [0]: CANNOT LOCATE OBJECT
0.1.67-preview1
sol 1.5x
Where is my mistake?

Hey man, I love all the tracks you've released so far, but I must say, if you're still using JPGs for textures you'll waste resources no matter what.
For the buildings, if you´re not using different materials on the windows or you want to light up only a few sections of them, the double layer materials are the way to go indeed; material adjustments should barely have an impact on performance.

Hi Mitch,

I mostly try and use DDS where possible, but some models found online have a lot of different textures, and it takes ages to convert the textures 1 by 1, hopefully you know a quicker way?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back