Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,855 comments
Remade the skins I did a while ago - now in 2046x4096 and with AO. Went from this ***** :

KFqdu2b.png

To this :

acGyCPY.png

Bit better isn't it ? I love AO. It's mint.

The skins :
zUpEJzw.png

https://we.tl/t-AwkQfMjDH0

I can probably figure this out, but exactly which mod is this for? I think I have at least two versions of it.

For any modder providing wonderful mods or upgrades, it helps to include a folder structure in the rar or zip, like in this case "content/cars/car_mod_name/skins." If not that, maybe include a reference readme txt file. Sometimes I download 5-10 mods earlier in the day during a break, but don't install them until that evening. If I don't check the downloaded files, I often end up with a "skins.zip" or "ext_config.ini.txt" and because I've been working several hours, I can't remember what they were for.

Remade the skins I did a while ago - now in 2046x4096 and with AO. Went from this ***** :

KFqdu2b.png

To this :

acGyCPY.png

Bit better isn't it ? I love AO. It's mint.

The skins :
zUpEJzw.png

https://we.tl/t-AwkQfMjDH0

These are great, thanks! Is there a reason there's an ao image in only one of the skins? I assume it can be copied over to the others.

These skins also fit Legion's CLK GTR if you rename the files to skin.dds and skin_ao.dds

I can probably figure this out, but exactly which mod is this for? I think I have at least two versions of it.

For any modder providing wonderful mods or upgrades, it helps to include a folder structure in the rar or zip, like in this case "content/cars/car_mod_name/skins." If not that, maybe include a reference readme txt file. Sometimes I download 5-10 mods earlier in the day during a break, but don't install them until that evening. If I don't check the downloaded files, I often end up with a "skins.zip" or "ext_config.ini.txt" and because I've been working several hours, I can't remember what they were for.

They seem to fit the AssettoGarage CLK LM (wec_mercedes_clk_lm) but they also fit Legion's CLK GTR with a filename change.

These skins also have a desktop.ini file included as a bonus which says the folders are shared online. I realise that's not a big security issue but I like to delete those anyway.

Last edited:
Do you observe this after applying my patch or with original v1.32 by Shokeus?
Steering assist is 0.3 in my patch, 1.0 in Shokeus release. You can adjust to your liking (depends on the wheel and FFB setup of course)

It's with Shokeus v1.32 including your 'wiper patch'.
I tried several values fort steering assist (from 0.1 to 2.0), also different FFMULT, but there's no change in that center spring.
Strange thing: standing still, there is no center spring effect at all, and when I start driving, it's there. It should be the other way around imo... ?

In 1998, there were 2 differnet mercedes driving GT1. The old 1997 one, which was V12 (URD), and a new one V8 (all the others). They look very similar, but are not the same car. Especially on the physics side of things. The 1997 was a transition year from modified road production cars to prototypes. So they had to use a base road car that could be heavily modified (much more than in previous years), in 1998 most of the restrictions were then totally lifted and those cars are full on prototypes. The difference under the chassis was massive.
1997 version:
Photo-6.jpg

1998 version:
Mercedes-Benz-CLK-LM_4.jpg

Last edited:
These are great, thanks! Is there a reason there's an ao image in only one of the skins? I assume it can be copied over to the others.

These skins also fit Legion's CLK GTR if you rename the files to skin.dds and skin_ao.dds

Leftover, the skins already have the AO integrated. Woops.
And this is for Legion's GTR - which is in reality the LM.

Oh by the way - question got lost in the thread yesterday so I'll ask again : which camera is the base one (one behind the wheel) ? CAMERA_1 or 0 ? Have no clue. Would like to make a second one - a bit more centered, like the PC2 cockpit cam. Is it possible ?

Last edited:
Leftover, the skins already have the AO integrated. Woops.
And this is for Legion's GTR - which is in reality the LM.

would you consider making skins for the URD? It's a nice car, but the skins are full of United Racing Design Maures b*ll*cks, which I know they have to do for licensing reasons.

Baby Capri was born...Physics, Camera then post...

Well, upon further inspection we have a lunch problem. All the .ini files are encrypted so....

i cannot take the awesome physics and use them - unless someone has a decryper. for now, i will use other physics.

IGNORE - I used the wrong Capri - Was good practice to iron out the BUGS in 3DSIMED i paid $50. He needs to fix that program.

It's with Shokeus v1.32 including your 'wiper patch'.
I tried several values fort steering assist (from 0.1 to 2.0), also different FFMULT, but there's no change in that center spring.
Strange thing: standing still, there is no center spring effect at all, and when I start driving, it's there. It should be the other way around imo... ?

I reinstalled the Brabham and applied the @hellothankyou patch without the data folder.
FFB works fine again ....

Yeah, those mischievous graffiti taggers at Nords :D Someone laid down a real piece of work, it was a solid white 30 foot **** and *****. :lol: (my asterisks)
And on the subject from earlier, I mean the place changes daily, its a taggers dream. AC doesn't even have any barrier/armco graffiti. Its forever changing, if someone is insane enough to keep up with graffiti on track and make new textures everytime theres big changes, have at 'her.

Not only is more tagging added daily, its always changing from weather, burnouts, cars on track and paint removal vehicles (you've seen them in the US) to name a few.

daan blur applied:irked::lol:
zj7d.jpg

agnn.jpg
But there are some paints that stay threre for years...sadly nords will be re-asphalt in a few time...

Hi! Everyone here it is ext_config.ini for Lancia Delta by wizard :bowdown: Wolf24h. It's needed only because CSP version has bug in detecting wipers collision with windshield objects.

as always remove .txt make a backup if you want and overwrite.

Front and back wipers working also to make some parking :D for smart people.

Or add this text in the file:

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]

SURFACE = EXT_WINDOW
WIPERS = WIPER_L_GEO_05, WIPER_R_GEO_05, WIPER_B_GEO_1_SUB1

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    16.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Do you observe this after applying my patch or with original v1.32 by Shokeus?

Steering assist is 0.3 in my patch, 1.0 in Shokeus release. You can adjust to your liking (depends on the wheel and FFB setup of course)

@killhop420
i see nothing stupid :D in your question. So, if you haven't solved it yet, then ... you know,
start with renaming the file, remove the ".txt", extract the .7z file somewhere, and copy the "content" folder to your assetto corsa directory.

@UolterUait - thanks man for your time to respond :D. Appreciated 👍

@pugsang - thank you mate, i'm not a seasoned modder either :D There should be "+" "-" sign in my font, so gonna check later your file with my patch.

Thanks guys for feedback :)
sorry but it would be easier to share the file in the right format directly, wouldn't it? there I do not understand anything when I translate into French

So, i just woke up, getting back to work on the 1998 FIA GT skins and saw @ParanoidDoge CLK LM skins for the 1998 season and i thought to myself "what are the odds of this happening":lol:. Should just work on the other skins and leave the CLK LM alone or should i continue working on it?
CLK LM 1.png

CLK LM 2.png

CLK LM 3.png

probably you can do physics update for Lotus?
I don't know i'll try.
I sent you a DM which can help you out on creating the accurate grids for the game plus I included some assistance for the STCC grid for you.

You're better off getting the GRID mega pack that Neil did pages and pages ago (quick easy search, however).

Jaq is back again bringing some more GT1 flavour skins to the field of cars ;) and if I'm not mistaken the Porsche 911 Evo (not the actual 1998 car that the factory used) and the merc are for the URD ones correct?
Yes, but only URD's CLK GTR.

So, i just woke up, getting back to work on the 1998 FIA GT skins and saw @ParanoidDoge CLK LM skins for the 1998 season and i thought to myself "what are the odds of this happening":lol:. Should just work on the other skins and leave the CLK LM alone or should i continue working on it?
View attachment 971125
View attachment 971126
View attachment 971127

I don't know i'll try.

Keep yours mate. Only reworked the base skins and gave them a HD look - they might not be accurate.

View attachment 971125
View attachment 971126
View attachment 971127

I don't know i'll try.

iirc the 1998 GT1 season had a '97 911 in the class cause it was the CLK LM that was raced only by merc, no CLK GTR.

Lamborghini Countach Sling Shot (Fantasy)

Credits:
Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV - Kunos

Side skirts,spoiler, air grills - Tune Your Car Kit! by Samuel St
https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/dr6J/tune-your-car-kit

TV Screen - Alpine Navigation Radio by \\\FOOF3R///
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mo...ce016ff63/Alpine-Navigation-Radio?login=true#

Tuning/Stickers - Dragster666
As always if you're the Creator of these parts and want them removed please PM on this site. Just click on my profile and select
send message.

If someone wants to finish up the Lods please PM me. Didn't do them since when i put the Lods in KSeditor for some parts i couldn't find the values.
Lets see how many people i can trigger with its design.
The full story on how the car was created is in the description of the car.
It can be used as an getaway car and maybe for wangan? not sure if the Old Clunky Countach can keep up with all of those 700 bhp+ Skylines and Supras.
__custom_showroom_1605123128.jpg

__custom_showroom_1605123085.jpg

The color of this one is based off an Koenig tuned Countach its really nice IMO.
01fbf4eddd569870984c671319554873.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back