Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,859 comments
My annoying questions again, sorry!
Year is 1992. Man in the picture, Gabriel Tarquini, driving a Fondmetal.
I wonder if anyone knows the brand of the gloves and the suit.

upload_2020-11-11_0-26-44.png

A Roborace Devbot 2.0 mod car came up on RD. Certainly an interesting mod and series. The cars look like they came from a cover car of a video game. What are your guys' thoughts on AI racing in the future?
(Havent tried the mod yet, seems like an interesting find) ((Yes they're the guys who drove an AI to a wall, but different car)

Car Link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/roborace-devbot-2-0.37036/
preview2-jpg.418975

preview-jpg.418976

Using the Nissan Skyline GTR R34 V-Spec (Nismo LMGT4) - not sure who the author is, but getting engine damage with the higher revs well before the shift points. I performed the search function above and came up empty handed as I am likely not putting in the correct words.

What is the correction so that the engine damage highlight stops showing? Hopefully, I am stating this correctly. Assuming in the data.cab with engine.ini...

Thanks.

SM

Cool, glad to see it made on your mod, just wanted to make sure. Looking forward for the release, glad to see more people doing things properly

@Uolt
Excuse me my question, can i ask you friend how to do AO for car ? (Besides using nvoptix. I also know preparation steps and so on so, just need the best proven method)

Almost forgot. "Thank you" :D
(In advance :) )

Last edited:
BRABHAM BT62 ADDON PATCH
----------------------------------
(wiper animation, windows, banner, mirrors and "digi" cluster with mirror camera FOR OFFICIAL MOD & v1.32 by @Shokeus)

--> this is it, no kidding :D, so it's over 1MB now (but still PURE gtplanet hosting :D LOL with ".txt" extension)

Really there is not much to show there - you have to try it.

excuse my stupidity, but where do i put this?

So, um...

...Camtool 2 is pretty fun.

Here's a demo reel I put together. Should probably be going in the video thread but nobody ever looks in there.

Plus it's nowhere even close to being finished. I'm at like 30 seconds out of 4 minutes for the whole song. So, I guess this is what I've been working on recently when it comes to AC.

I agree, as far as I know this formula is nonsense.

Thanks a lot for the explanations. :cheers:

I tried the following Python code to change the CoG :

https://pastebin.com/fZp7UECG

I tried to change the CoG of a BMW 2002 from front engine to rear engine. :D

In suspensions.ini I have :
=================
[BASIC]
WHEELBASE=2.48
CG_LOCATION=0.55

In car.ini I have :
===========
[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0,-0.495,-0.17

In the script I've set the wb, orig_cg and the z_offset accordingly.

I want to change the CG from 0.55% to 0.41% to make it rear engine.

If I try that script on an online Py interpreter, for example this one :

https://www.programiz.com/python-programming/online-compiler/

It calculates a new z offset of : 0.1772

Then if I put this in suspensions.ini :

[BASIC]
WHEELBASE=2.48
CG_LOCATION=0.41

And the new z offset in car.ini :

[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0,-0.495,0.1772

At first glance it seems to work. :D

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the explanations. :cheers:

I tried the following Python code to change the CoG :

https://pastebin.com/fZp7UECG

I tried to change the CoG of a BMW 2002 from front engine to rear engine. :D

In suspensions.ini I have :
=================
[BASIC]
WHEELBASE=2.48
CG_LOCATION=0.55

In car.ini I have :
===========
[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0,-0.495,-0.17

In the script I've set the wb, orig_cg and the z_offset accordingly.

I want to change the CG from 0.55% to 0.41% to make it rear engine.

If I try that script on an online Py interpreter, for example this one :

https://www.programiz.com/python-programming/online-compiler/

It calculates a new z offset of : 0.1772

Then if I put this in suspensions.ini :

[BASIC]
WHEELBASE=2.48
CG_LOCATION=0.41

And the new z offset in car.ini :

[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0,-0.495,0.1772

At first glance it seems to work. :D

Pretty neat using the code. I just eyeball it.
Some thing like that, you might want to swap the BASEY values as well. Then adjust ride heights and/or spring rates to compensate for the changed weight bias.

BRABHAM BT62
-----------------------

Here is a digital_instruments.ini for dev purposes. It adds delta to the lcd cluster at the place of Last Lap

The fonts from @Shokeus do not include +/- so not possible to know if your delta is better or worse. The attached fonts are from RSS Bayro 6 and do have the plus/minus and they display delta values correctly.

Unfortunately I am not a modder - more I am a noob - with no 3d modeling knowledge so I do not know how to find the coordinates on car display to place the text for fuel,lap time etc at the correct place. The descriptions are on the .ini file but positions have no values. If someone is interested to finish it, it would be nice.

Furthermore since the car states TRACK on the upper left side of the screen it would be fun if someone could develop something like a program/script that when you press a button you can change modes for street (RMi Wood version - 460 steer lock) or TRACK (Shokeus version - 324 steer lock) and to display different info on screen and different behavior for the car itself - something like the Formula Hybrid MGU modes i.e. This obviously requires different data files I believe.

I do not know if it can be implemented - just food for thought.

File attached - where needed remove the txt extension.

Attachments

• digital_instruments - DEV.ini.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 30
  • brabham_bt62.png
    brabham_bt62.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 30
  • brabham_bt62.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
@leBluem posted a v0.5 for Prague (from FM7) in the Custom Shaders discord. I'm guessing this is a new update? My last install was v0.4.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nr0dhtkt2d9d6dr/prague_fm7_v0.5.7z/file

Mine says 0.2 in the UI, so looks like I'm waaaaay behind the curve.
Unless the UI wasn't updated? It often gets missed with track updates. Easily done.

vo5c.png

Aparently, the developer/s forgot to update the track version inside UI.

Version 0.4 also stated 0.2 in the UI. Easy fix.

just a heads up, I compared the files from my v0.4 with 0.5 and I can’t find any differences.
Edit: which is just because the ui version# was not changed.

Last edited:
I tried to visualize this formula to help with BASEY, its incomplete... lets do this! (please verify)

#!/usr/bin/python
#input your values
wb=2.500
orig_cg=0.38
new_cg=0.38
z_offset=0.345

d = (wb * (orig_cg - new_cg)) + z_offset
print(d ,"#new graphical offset")

#lets try basey
#Distance of CG from the center of the wheel in meters.

#Front Wheel Radius-BASEY=Front CoG
#Rear Wheel Radius-BASEY=Rear CoG
#Actual CG height = (FWR-FBasey)+(-Rbasey))/orig_cg%
# CG_LOCATION% = FRONT COG % in car.ini

#FWR - BASEY = FCoG [solve for BASEY]
fwr=
fcog=
#fBASEY formula here
print (fBASEY) #debug

#RWR - BASEY = RCoG [solve for BASEY]
rwr=
rcog=
#rBASEY formula here
print (rBASEY) #debug

#(fwr-fBASEY)+(rwr-rBASEY))/orig_cg% = Actual CG height [aCoGh]
# wtf is this number? = Actual CG height
aCoGh = (fwr-fBASEY) + (rwr-rBASEY) / fcog
print (aCoGh, "actual CG height")

#seems to work (almost)
using:
55% cg (suspension.ini)
fwr=.25 (tires.ini RADIUS=)
rwr=.30 (tires.ini RADIUS=)

result:
0.345 #new graphical offset IF cog change
0.11582400000000001 #front BASEY
0.224028 #rear BASEY
0.5352181052631579 #actual CG height

#updated with fcog=CG_LOCATION (example with 917/30)
#todo - ARGV()
#poc: https://pastebin.com/5cn6q7nw

Attachments

• basey.py.txt
    952 bytes · Views: 15
Last edited:
Hey all you all.. my wifes first car was a Datsun 120Y, searched all over but all I find is the Datsun 510 at assettoland, its feels "too fast" for what she recalls. Anyone know if the 120Y vs the 510 == same thing? or different thing, and if so, where i can find the 120Y model for AC?

They look the same
View attachment 971080

and only ones I can find are the 510?

https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/datsun
https://mega.nz/file/VEV2iCwD#LIqMElCbr8nO-06bYvh0xs3hxn_GRjJvCrID9xHLlGY
120Y came after, and was from a different model line than, the 510.

but I digress, I'm just using Google.

Last edited:
Higher CoG - Lower CoG = CoG difference

(CoG difference * CG_LOCATION) + Lower Cog = Actual CoG height

caveat being I only have Highschool Maths and Python is a type of snake. (Fracking spell check is trying to tell me I have spelt Maths wrong!)

(CG_LOCATION * WHEELBASE) = Cog forward of rear axle

CoG x, y, z where z is up and y forward. 0, Cog forward of rear axle, Actual CoG height[\s]

Last edited:
i think Kunos messed up if they base GoG from rear axle... no sense

IMHO, you (Kunos) needed to use actual CoG to derive these figures properly
WHEELBASE has nothing to do with CoG

I also only have basic math skill and very limited Python skill

Last edited by a moderator:
i think Kunos messed up if they base GoG from rear axle... no sense

IMHO, you (Kunos) needed to use actual CoG to derive these figures properly
WHEELBASE has nothing to do with CoG

I also only have basic math skill and very limited Python skill
No that was just me, everything in AC is taken from the wheel centres. I used the rear axle as a way to visualise where the real Cog would be if looking at the car side on.

Last edited by a moderator:
No that was just me, everything in AC is taken from the wheel centres. I used the rear axle as a way to visualise where the real Cog would be if looking at the car side on.
*gawd*
**gasp**
***lol wut***

Last edited:
Here is the vao-patch and grassFX (used @Zwiss configuration for Nogaro) for Magny-cours 2019 (link in quoted post). Also included excellent SOL track adjustments and night lights adjustments, stolen from @VheEth tracks (hope you guys don't mind :)).

Thank you!

If someone wants to look at the beautiful empty tribunes put this line into the ext_config as well (and enable "hide all spectators" in CM!!!)

[SPECTATORS]
; list of meshes used for custom spectators (not “camera_facing.ini” thing), to hide if user chose to hide spectators in certain modes
MESHES = crowd?

upload_2020-11-11_11-28-31.png

Any chance of a rainfx config for that track please? :)

Using the Nissan Skyline GTR R34 V-Spec (Nismo LMGT4) - not sure who the author is, but getting engine damage with the higher revs well before the shift points. I performed the search function above and came up empty handed as I am likely not putting in the correct words.

What is the correction so that the engine damage highlight stops showing? Hopefully, I am stating this correctly. Assuming in the data.cab with engine.ini...

Thanks.

SM

You have to unpack car data.acd via CM and then go to car folder to data/engine.ini and search like at the example below for section

[DAMAGE]
TURBO_BOOST_THRESHOLD=2.0 ; level of TOTAL boost before the engine starts to take damage
TURBO_DAMAGE_K=30 ; amount of damage per second per (boost - threshold)
RPM_THRESHOLD=8500 ; RPM at which the engine starts to take damage
RPM_DAMAGE_K=0.5 ; amount of damage per second per (rpm-threshold)

Start by changing RPM_THRESHOLD to a value way above engine limiter i.e. if rev limiter is 8000 make it 12000 or remove damage section completely

Then you have to repack data via CM in order for the changes to take effect

Last edited:
It's coming...
However I still have some grid slots to fill and some skins to find.
View attachment 970934

Here is what we have so far.
Mazda 787B - (Kunos)
F1 GTR - (Kunos)
917k - (Kunos)
Sauber C9m - (Kunos)
R33 GTR LM - ??
Ferrari F40 - ??
Porsche 911 GT1 (1996) - ?? (placeholder '97 in use)

I still need to find suitable mods for the remaining 3 vehicles, any suggestions?

@RMi_wood
That is the great track for some online Arcade antics, I'll add it to the rotation with some miniatures.
Is that a miniature Fiat500 in your screenshot?

I sent you a DM which can help you out on creating the accurate grids for the game plus I included some assistance for the STCC grid for you.

Can you send me the download links?

You're better off getting the GRID mega pack that Neil did pages and pages ago (quick easy search, however).

Since August, I've been doing FIA GT stuff. Now i am back for more, 1998 FIA GT Skins W.I.P. Theirs going to be 10+ skins that i will make for the 1998 season including the Bitter GT1 for the lotus GT1.
View attachment 970972
Their will be updates along the way, thanks.:)

Jaq is back again bringing some more GT1 flavour skins to the field of cars ;) and if I'm not mistaken the Porsche 911 Evo (not the actual 1998 car that the factory used) and the merc are for the URD ones correct?

I don't know if it's just me, but this car has a very strange FFB (I'm on direct drive wheel). Compared to other cars it has a very heavy center spring and just doesn't feel right.
Other than that (now even with a functional wiper) it's a fun car.

Do you observe this after applying my patch or with original v1.32 by Shokeus?

Steering assist is 0.3 in my patch, 1.0 in Shokeus release. You can adjust to your liking (depends on the wheel and FFB setup of course)

@killhop420
i see nothing stupid :D in your question. So, if you haven't solved it yet, then ... you know,
start with renaming the file, remove the ".txt", extract the .7z file somewhere, and copy the "content" folder to your assetto corsa directory.

@UolterUait - thanks man for your time to respond :D. Appreciated 👍

@pugsang - thank you mate, i'm not a seasoned modder either :D There should be "+" "-" sign in my font, so gonna check later your file with my patch.

Thanks guys for feedback :)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back