Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Merry Christmas to everyone!
Could anyone make a conversion of this track? https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Omnitel 1000km
If you can find a download for it, and hopefully an author contact

re:
Siracusa / Syracuse has a few sources. I would rather not start with the GPL version as its really bad.
If anyone knows which version Gilles75 used, or which to convert let me know.
gtr2:
https://esport-racing.de/sdm_downloads/siracusa-2010-for-gtr2/

rF:
https://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Autodromo internazionale Siracusa (no dl)

Last edited:
Happy Christmas everybody!

Decided to try out RMI Wood's Alfa TT12 Convert after he got in touch with a few different people and completely overhauled the Physics.

It's worth a download now, really, really fun to drive. I would recommend replacing the sounds from the Alfa 33 Stradalle, something with a Flat-12 if possible, though. I'm using the Ferrari 312T engine and it's close although not quite there.

Like listening to two radio stations at once.

Anybody know where I could find the drift version of Corvette C5 which GIBBONS' excellent stock C5 was developed from? I had it but I lost it and can't seem to find it anywhere now...

(Dear mr. Ribeiro, I know you must have it if no-one else does... :D)

Lol, I will check.
If it is parked inside my garage I will put in your chimney.

Merry Xmas - Koro Tabletop Racers Update v1.x.7 by RMI_Wood.

- creates unified brand "Tabletop Racers"
- replaces badge icon with "Qhoro-Q" artwork
- creates unified names in content views
- no online mismatch

Thank you RMI_wood.

For those who have access to @FileMissing's Discord. Here is a link to access the updates for the pack (courtesy RMI_wood).

https://sharemods.com/r1me2avu3ypf/Koro_cue_cars_-_UI_update_v1.0.7z.html

Best,

upload_2020-12-25_15-44-41.png

Last edited:
If you can find a download for it, and hopefully an author contact

re:
Siracusa / Syracuse has a few sources. I would rather not start with the GPL version as its really bad.
If anyone knows which version Gilles75 used, or which to convert let me know.
gtr2:
https://esport-racing.de/sdm_downloads/siracusa-2010-for-gtr2/

rF:
https://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Autodromo internazionale Siracusa (no dl)
The one posted earlier is the Gilles version (though it does not say so in the ui).

Anybody know where I could find the drift version of Corvette C5 which GIBBONS' excellent stock C5 was developed from? I had it but I lost it and can't seem to find it anywhere now...

(Dear mr. Ribeiro, I know you must have it if no-one else does... :D)

Lol, I will check.
If it is parked inside my garage I will put in your chimney.

I need more data, - 'drift version of Corvette C5 which GIBBONS' excellent stock C5 was developed from' - 99.54893382% of my content, I don't remember where I got it from nor the source, In fact I don't even try to know to remember.

And the Gibbons Vette doesn't even have an authors name. As so many mods.

Which skin is that ?
I have 22 skins installed for that rrs_gt_vortex_v10 and none of them has that red Chrysler banner.
Checked all skins, and no issues here.
Hi ! :)

I think this is the skin which is involved in his trouble.

I will check it but, and I repeat, I don't use Sol and rain Fx.
Last but not least, I run AC with the last recommended version of CSP as 0.1.60 and It misses these important informations for his trouble.

Cheers ! :cheers:

Last but not least, I run AC with the last recommended version of CSP as 0.1.60 and It misses these important informations for his trouble.

Thanks for the info.
That's a skin I don't have. It's been a while since I collected them, so I'm not going to exclude the possibility it had an issue then and therefor I didn't keep it.
I do use SOL and the latest 0.1.69 preview1 CSP, rainFX disbaled atm.

So I tried this car by Esprit3905 the other day, and I found the FFB to be weird. When you turn the wheel it keeps turning in the same direction. This is a classic inverted FFB problem, so I solved it by ticking "invert FFB" in settings. It's strange because I never had to do this for any other car in AC. Turns out it has a new physics feature that needs CSP 0.162 or higher to work (something about Macpherson strut adjustment). I'm currently on 0.160 and I don't really want to upgrade until the next stable version is out, as unlike many here I can't spend oodles of time troubleshooting every single bug that came up with each new version.

My concern is, we've seen CSP incompatibilities break the game visually. We've seen the division that car encryption brings to the community. Now Ilja is introducing specific physics/FFB features with CSP that might potentially break cars unless they are updated to make use of the latest CSP. Which may render the WHOLE library of AC mods created before this useless. I know a lot of people really love CSP, but this is exactly the kind of thing I was worried about when I say CSP introduces more problems than benefits. I hope I'm wrong and all the old mods can still function with newer CSPs, but I'm quite nervous for the future of AC :nervous:

DL link in description if you want to try it.

Last edited:
Turns out it has a new physics feature that needs CSP 0.162 or higher to work (something about Macpherson strut adjustment).
Now Ilja is introducing specific physics/FFB features with CSP that might potentially break cars unless they are updated to make use of the latest CSP.

There is a jump here. This car was specifically built to make use of the new features in CSP, but CSP didn’t break any previous physics to do this. This has been going on for a while (there is a small handful of cars that need a specific or minimum CSP to work), and I would argue is part of the essence of CSP - always pushing forward, but ideally continuing to support what has already been created.

Someone had this banner problem with RSS GT mod ? I didn't see this in the past and I don't know how solve it ...
View attachment 980660

Which skin is that ?
I have 22 skins installed for that rrs_gt_vortex_v10 and none of them has that red Chrysler banner.
Checked all skins, and no issues here.

Thanks for the info.
That's a skin I don't have. It's been a while since I collected them, so I'm not going to exclude the possibility it had an issue then and therefor I didn't keep it.
I do use SOL and the latest 0.1.69 preview1 CSP, rainFX disbaled atm.

If It's the car, I didn't get any trouble here in the cockpit view and in the external view. ;)

@Fanapryde
I done a research on the RD website with "Vortex" and... I think You and me missed several (good) skins. ;)
By the way, maybe I got these skin here..!

EDIT
It could be one of these skins..!
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/51-52-53-viper-gts-r-team-oreca-1999-rss-vortex-v10.18930/
VSl7tO8.jpg

Screenshot from RD

Last edited:
I need more data, - 'drift version of Corvette C5 which GIBBONS' excellent stock C5 was developed from' - 99.54893382% of my content, I don't remember where I got it from nor the source, In fact I don't even try to know to remember.

And the Gibbons Vette doesn't even have an authors name. As so many mods.

It was made by author named EvlRabbit and I remember folder-name starting with letters "evl". Tried googling it, searched this thread and others, no success. No clue where I got it, but I had it until this morning untill I messed it up... Deleted one .nk5-file that was actually needed. :D

I know a lot of people really love CSP, but this is exactly the kind of thing I was worried about when I say CSP introduces more problems than benefits.

I hate to be that guy, but the vanilla game is always available if you don't want your game updated. No one is forcing you to mod your game or use CSP. Personally I like CSP because it adds new features, exactly like this. If old mods don't get updated to meet the quality of the new ones, that sucks, but I'll just drive the new/higher quality ones. Quality will always beat quantity.

Plus, this basically already happened with the new tyre models that Kunos added, and as far as I know, no one complained about that.

So I tried this car by Esprit3905 the other day, and I found the FFB to be weird. When you turn the wheel it keeps turning in the same direction. This is a classic inverted FFB problem, so I solved it by ticking "invert FFB" in settings. It's strange because I never had to do this for any other car in AC. Turns out it has a new physics feature that needs CSP 0.162 or higher to work (something about Macpherson strut adjustment). I'm currently on 0.160 and I don't really want to upgrade until the next stable version is out, as unlike many here I can't spend oodles of time troubleshooting every single bug that came up with each new version.

My concern is, we've seen CSP incompatibilities break the game visually. We've seen the division that car encryption brings to the community. Now Ilja is introducing specific physics/FFB features with CSP that might potentially break cars unless they are updated to make use of the latest CSP. Which may render the WHOLE library of AC mods created before this useless. I know a lot of people really love CSP, but this is exactly the kind of thing I was worried about when I say CSP introduces more problems than benefits. I hope I'm wrong and all the old mods can still function with newer CSPs, but I'm quite nervous for the future of AC :nervous:

inverted FFB on MacPherson strut is like the FFB bug in Rfactor 1 lol

This track is so unique thanks.
AI needs work (I tried race layout of your first release)and how come there is no green colour?all vegetetion is gray or brown?I think with some colour tweeks it would look a lot better.
hello man, thank you !
about vegetetion, change skin to "Summer" it will be fine =) default is autumn, i prefer that color to green one. No semaphore on main layout you mean?

Imo, the Terra version, reworked by PatrikPat and optimised by @norms:
Can't find a link atm, so I uploaded my own copy (available for a week or so)...

Here you go (I added track logo, changed preview etc...): https://mega.nz/file/qO5ThaLb#s_O1BHduOHIYLHciYTATJlUH9ziBBf63FSvJiNWwCsQ

Hadn’t released that publicly yet, there is a couple of issues I need to sort out whenever I get the time to do it. Not to worry, it still should run fine and it’s Christmas so wth :):cheers:

Just a conversion, dont know why they make CSP required (im not a big fan of it, using only some features). And its baggy thing as well. I dont think mods will be need to remake for new CSP phusics, because its nonsence. Assetto Corsa physics is made by Pros. CSP physics is make by who, programmers with no drivin experience? Sorry and please correct me if i wrong

@Fanapryde
I done a research on the RD website with "Vortex" and... I think You and me missed several (good) skins. ;)
By the way, maybe I got these skin here..!

In the meantime I picked up a few (left some fantasy skins and a few that I did not like aside).
Can't find that #42 Oreca though (I have the #52 installed that has a blue banner).

Hadn’t released that publicly yet, there is a couple of issues I need to sort out whenever I get the time to do it. Not to worry, it still should run fine and it’s Christmas so wth :):cheers:
Ah sorry mate. I wasn't aware of that, nor of any issues btw.
All seems to be well and very optimised so I can actually race a fair pack without being confronted with a slideshow.
Shall I remove the link ?

There is a jump here. This car was specifically built to make use of the new features in CSP, but CSP didn’t break any previous physics to do this. This has been going on for a while (there is a small handful of cars that need a specific or minimum CSP to work), and I would argue is part of the essence of CSP - always pushing forward, but ideally continuing to support what has already been created.

Awesome, thanks for explaining. It's a relief to know it won't break previous mods 👍 I'm not sure what this new feature is meant to improve tbh, the car feels great even with CSP 0.160 :lol: But I'm sure there are people out there who appreciate the little differences.

Merry Xmas everyone. Now I'm off to enjoy my haul of mods this week :D Better than anything Santa could've brought me :lol:

Last edited:
Just a conversion, dont know why they make CSP required (im not a big fan of it, using only some features). And its baggy thing as well. I dont think mods will be need to remake for new CSP phusics, because its nonsence. Assetto Corsa physics is made by Pros. CSP physics is make by who, programmers with no drivin experience? Sorry and please correct me if i wrong
"Just a conversion" doesn't make much sense, whatever the origin of the model is, the quality can be the same or even better than kunos one. I know it's been stated in here before that conversion can't follow kunos standards but that's just due to converter's inexperience with 3d stuff because it is possible and it should be done.
About CSP extended physics, they were created by JPG_18 (the man behind IER physics) because some physics simulations weren't possible using only base AC physics. Call it nonsense if you want but I don't see why it is at all

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back