Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,051 comments
Could be the timing man. Due to recent events you have a lot of people running around with torches and pitchforks looking for witches and werewolves.
It's got nothing to do with that. It's got everything to do with calling someone out for their bare-faced arrogance in expecting to be paid £2,000 in advance for a track that doesn't even exist yet from a modder who admits that his previous work was rubbish.

For what it's worth, I can vouch for @EKO SimRacing and his work. His High Plains Raceway he released is something of the level that LilSki has produced and I don't say that lightly. Which brings me to my next point...

2000 euros for a track , thats a new record i guess.
Keep your stuff pls.

I was quoted about 5x this for WSIR by the very same LilSki mentioned above. Track mods, especially scratch built versions cost serious coin and take a lot of effort and resources to build and $10k from LilSki would go a LONG way into making WSIR awesome, no doubt. $2k in donations from various people IMO is a very reasonable.

I'll show myself out now. I'm really not here for the Sim community drama. I just wanna have fun yeeting cars.

Last edited:
It's got nothing to do with that. It's got everything to do with calling someone out for their bare-faced arrogance in expecting to be paid £2,000 in advance for a track that doesn't even exist yet from a modder who admits that his previous work was rubbish.
In no way was I intending to single out anyone, especially you. Just a generalization.

Amen... DCS is KILLING me.. I think their DLC downloads total to around 4000USD or the cheap ones at 50USD per plane, but good planes around 120USD.

MSFS2020, I just bought the modded Sydney teraain, 80AUD...

Car sim is damn cheap by comparison..
Talking of... anyone managed to extract scenery from MSFS2020 for use in track building yet?

Last edited:
$2000 for a track - maybe I should re-think my $1 policy :boggled:

Anyway... My version of Wild Horse East will be public in a few days. I'll upload it to RD as usual.

Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_wild_horse_pass_motorsports_park_9-2-121-20-1-36.jpg
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_wild_horse_pass_motorsports_park_9-2-121-20-3-24.jpg
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_wild_horse_pass_motorsports_park_9-2-121-20-4-42.jpg
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_wild_horse_pass_motorsports_park_9-2-121-20-5-31.jpg
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_wild_horse_pass_motorsports_park_9-2-121-20-5-53.jpg

I was quoted about 5x this for WSIR by the very same LilSki mentioned above. Track mods, especially scratch built versions cost serious coin and take a lot of effort and resources to build and $10k from LilSki would go a LONG way into making WSIR awesome, no doubt. $2k in donations from various people IMO is a very reasonable.

I'll show myself out now. I'm really not here for the Sim community drama. I just wanna have fun yeeting cars.
There's really no drama. It's important that this type of thing is discussed because the way things are going it might shape the very future of our hobby. Encryption is becoming the norm and hobbyist paymods seem to be heading that way too. If we can't weigh up the pros and cons and form opinions on their relative merits then what are we all doing on a sim racing discussion forum?
And regarding LilSki's price, surely you can see the distinction between wanting a specific track made and getting a quote for its commission, and publicly announcing a track then holding it to ransom and refusing to release it until a bounty is met? There's a big difference.

Last edited:
Is there a version of this forum where only the mods are listed?
I'm really not interested in all this drama and it's quite painful to navigate through 20 pages before I actually find a downloadable mod.

Is there a version of this forum where only the mods are listed?
I'm really not interested in all this drama and it's quite painful to navigate through 20 pages before I actually find a downloadable mod.

Nope, this is first and foremost a discussion thread about mods not a sharing mods site, just ignore people if you don't want to scroll through drama or go to assettoland and facebook

Last edited:
And this is the thing. Geroda74 by having GOLD membership's it gives people the feeling they are special, suddenly spending £50 on ripped mods makes you some big all star baller, splashing the cash living the high life.

When in truth you are simply being ripped off.

Not wanting to spend £50 on geroda74s mods doesn't mean you don't have £50 to spend does it?

Anyway i have most of geroda74s mods and paid zero for them.
He is free as you are to take some moral high ground, but when those mods are stolen from Turn10 in the first place..... well i really don't care.

Being ripped off or not really depends how much value you view your $50. Yea, if you are living on $50 a month, it does sound like a rip off and makes no logical sense. I could care less about the $50. Its the cost of lunch for me. To me, I'm just treating someone for a nice lunch.

Last edited:
i, exist this car for ac???

Attachments

• 207239240_1.jpg
    207239240_1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 38
  • cautofotoFerrari-SF90-Stradale-07-900x480.jpg
    cautofotoFerrari-SF90-Stradale-07-900x480.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 41
Pessio Garage RD1 (fictional) Nations Cup skins
Thought I would share these in case anyone wants to use them - They're fictional so just for a time when you want to have a break from online racing and fancy a more relaxed race (such as challenging family/friends or simracers from around the globe for bragging rights) - Just drag into content manager and install from there.
Ive also included a preset race grid - preset goes here; yourdrive:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Race Grids

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-fictional-nations-cup-skins.40588/

Pessio Garage RD1 'Porknose' by Pessio link;
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-porknose.30886

screenshot_pessio_garage_rd1_monaco_1966_10-2-121-21-21-29-jpg.453515

united_states.jpg spain.jpg france.jpg monaco.jpg holland.jpg germany.jpg mexico.jpg great_britain.jpg italy.jpg canada.jpg south_africa.jpg#

• Canada
• France
• Germany
• Great Britain
• Italy
• Mexico
• Monaco
• Netherlands
• South Africa
• Spain
• United States

Ive used the tracks from my custom championships which you can find here
Driving Through The Decades - 70 Years of F1 - 1969
70 Years of Formula One Mod 1969 (Freemium)
and here Round the World Challenge using the exciting Guerilla Mods Toyota S-FR car

Last edited:
Being ripped off or not really depends how much value you view your $50. Yea, if you are living on $50 a month, it does sound like a rip off and makes no logical sense. I could care less about the $50. Its the cost of lunch for me. To me, I'm just treating someone for a nice lunch.

You are still missing the point.

Oh dear.... oh dear.

You can be ripped off even if something costs £1, if said product isn't fit for purpose or the person selling it stole it.

Your digging in now on a major defensive, to the point of claiming that if you don't bend over to Geroda74 you must be poor living off under £50 a month!!:lol:..

I could very easily afford £50 to spend on Geroda74's mods but refuse to give a scam artist who rips forza assets my money...if that makes me in your eyes 'poor' then fine, I'll take that.

To be clear i don't believe you really think like that, you are just trying to save face. What you wrote makes no logical sense.
There are no rich people bragging about being ripped off as a sign of wealth.

Do you really spend £50 on lunch everyday though?
£350 quid a week on lunch?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back