Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,051 comments
Meanwhile, ASR Formula have released their version of the Ferrari F2007. Is it better than VRC's F2007?

AC ● Ferrari F2007 2007 v1.0 – ASR Formula

ac_f2007.png

You are still missing the point.

Oh dear.... oh dear.

You can be ripped off even if something costs £1, if said product isn't fit for purpose or the person selling it stole it.

Your digging in now on a major defensive, to the point of claiming that if you don't bend over to Geroda74 you must be poor living off under £50 a month!!:lol:..

I could very easily afford £50 to spend on Geroda74's mods but refuse to give a scam artist who rips forza assets my money...if that makes me in your eyes 'poor' then fine, I'll take that.

To be clear i don't believe you really think like that, you are just trying to save face. What you wrote makes no logical sense.
There are no rich people bragging about being ripped off as a sign of wealth.

Do you really spend £50 on lunch everyday though?
£350 quid a week on lunch?

From the way you post, its pretty obvious $50 means a lot more to you than me, that is fine. Everyone's value of money is different. Thing is, why don't you do everyone a favor and start converting forza models with exceptional graphics and physics and release it for free. I'm sure everyone would love it. Unless you can do that, you are in no position to criticize how the modder wish to distribute their mods.

By the way I am happy to support the modders that I like in any way I wish.

Last edited:
I intend that the Digital Apex Mods will always be free, with the option for donation. We have a Patreon going on but it's redundant and we're not really into public betas.
We'd like to have a Fundraise campaign to buy a drone for photogrammetry and an iphone 12 pro for upclose building scan but we don't think anyone would donate...

Pessio Garage RD1 (fictional) Nations Cup skins
Thought I would share these in case anyone wants to use them - They're fictional so just for a time when you want to have a break from online racing and fancy a more relaxed race (such as challenging family/friends or simracers from around the globe for bragging rights) - Just drag into content manager and install from there.
Ive also included a preset race grid - preset goes here; yourdrive:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Race Grids

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-fictional-nations-cup-skins.40588/

Pessio Garage RD1 'Porknose' by Pessio link;
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-porknose.30886

screenshot_pessio_garage_rd1_monaco_1966_10-2-121-21-21-29-jpg.453515

View attachment 996952 View attachment 996953 View attachment 996954 View attachment 996955 View attachment 996956 View attachment 996957 View attachment 996958 View attachment 996959 View attachment 996960 View attachment 996961 View attachment 996962#

• Canada
• France
• Germany
• Great Britain
• Italy
• Mexico
• Monaco
• Netherlands
• South Africa
• Spain
• United States

Ive used the tracks from my custom championships which you can find here
Driving Through The Decades - 70 Years of F1 - 1969
70 Years of Formula One Mod 1969 (Freemium)
and here Round the World Challenge using the exciting Guerilla Mods Toyota S-FR car
Hey Cozy61,
Are you by chance taking any requests for your skins on the Porknose? If you are I would really appreciate one for Portugal.
thanks in advance
:cheers:

1966 Mustang RTR - Updated to V0.99
https://mega.nz/file/M1giRDJK#LQDkqovGckq9LvAQShPUcUWIPvsbOjUfq97qIGXdbys
upload_2021-3-10_19-23-49.png

Update log:
Working Wipers - Thanks to @flyingsaucer
AO Skin Mapping - Bonny and others for teaching me to do it
New Driver (60's) - Thanks to Júlio Sousa for recommendation
Updated FFB - Thanks to John D Rippert for recommendation
New Driver Animation - Thanks to @Masscot for guidance and suggestions
A few internal adjustments like better roof liner details and gear lever. Removed safety net.
Updated suspension and height settings
Fixed up collider dimensions.

Feedback welcome.

Last edited:
Seems like you guys are frantically pointing me out about being "only" interested in money, but you are the ones talking about money.
Sure, I'm interested in getting paid for what I love and my passion, and I spend a LOT of time on this activity. I believe I make good stuff now, and I'm never going to criticize a dedicated modder (and not converters) who makes things by him/herself and releases it whether free or not. I respect everyone's choices and opinions.

You can rant all you want and criticize me all you want, I'll let you guys say and think what you wish. Again, I didn't ask you guys for anything, you're the ones bringing this up. I pointed to my YouTube channel where there's Phoenix, someone saw my Dallas track (which I didn't point out) and saw the fund, went nuts and posted it here. Thanks a lot.

And what happens with other people's donations and my crafts remain strictly confidential between them and myself, and I will not deceive them.

As far as I'm concerned I will NEVER spend money on any mod. Never. Ever. I will TERMINALLY not pay ANYTHING to ANYONE for absolutely no mod whatsoever, even if it is 100% perfect. Even if it goes beyond perfection. Out of my personal principles, I will never pay any modder any money. Even if it's 100% scratch made. Don't take me the wrong way, though... I think that if things are 100% made by you, then you have all the right to ask for it with whatever you want. Conversely, I have all the right to say "Nope". But if someone is selling conversions, they are incurring in a crime. And people who buy those mods are accessories to that crime. If it's up to me, all the mod sellers - converters, rip-offers and even legit scratch-made modelers (so few of those around, these days...) - will go dirt poor and starve to death. None of you shall see the colour of my money. If everyone were as decidedly anti-paid mods as I am, there simply wouldn't be any paymods at all because people wouldn't make anything out of them. What's that? Then you wouldn't do mods?! Big whoop. Who the F cares? To me, paid mods don't exist anyway. I have no interest in anything that's hidden under a price. I already have 5000+ cars and 500+ tracks and paid only 20€ for Assetto Corsa itself back in the day. Nothing more. Those are more than enough to keep me entertained for the rest of my life. People who buy mods are enablers and are encouraging the practice by providing positive reinforcement.

I know I'm an absolute radical on this, and sometimes too blunt in how I express myself. So I want to let everything clear: I have no ill thoughts about you or any scammer/pay-modder but I completely and utterly loath the practice you people indulge in and I absolutely refuse to incur in it. Cheers.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned I will NEVER spend money on any mod. Never. Ever. I will TERMINALLY not pay ANYTHING to ANYONE for absolutely no mod whatsoever, even if it is 100% perfect. Even if it goes beyond perfection. Out of my personal principles, I will never pay any modder any money. Even if it's 100% scratch made. Don't take me the wrong way, though... I think that if things are 100% made by you, then you have all the right to ask for it with whatever you want. Conversely, I have all the right to say "Nope". But if someone is selling conversions, they are incurring in a crime. And people who buy those mods are accessories to that crime. If it's up to me, all the mod sellers - converters, rip-offers and even legit scratch-made modelers (so few of those around, these days...) - will go dirt poor and starve to death. None of you shall see the colour of my money. If everyone were as decidedly anti-paid mods as I am, there simply wouldn't be any paymods at all because people wouldn't make anything out of them. What's that? Then you wouldn't do mods?! Big whoop. Who the F cares? To me, paid mods don't exist anyway. I have no interest in anything that's hidden under a price. I already have 5000+ cars and 500+ tracks and paid only 20€ for Assetto Corsa itself back in the day. Nothing more. Those are more than enough to keep me entertained for the rest of my life. People who buy mods are enablers and are encouraging the practice by providing positive reinforcement.

I know I'm an absolute radical on this, and sometimes too blunt in how I express myself. So I want to let everything clear: I have no ill thoughts about you or any scammer/pay-modder but I completely and utterly loath the practice you people indulge in and I absolutely refuse to incur in it. Cheers.
OK fine... Next!

Why stop at paying for the game? Did you not know you could download it for free as well? I sure hope one day all mods are locked behind a paywall, the amount of entitle leeches in this community is quite amazing.

good for you pal

The amount of blood sucking parasites is even more amazing, TBH.

Man, I sure hope you have never heard of a sim call "iRacing" or Raceroom. You might get a heart attack after you find out how much they charge for one car and track.

So this Simdream incident basically escalated from

Stealing mods and selling them is bad -> selling converted mod is bad -> setting up a patreon or asking for donation is bad -> any paid mod is a crime whether scratch made or converted.

And sim racers in 1st world countries should offset the cost for those living in a war torn 3rd world country surviving on $50 bucks a month.

Seriously, if you are surviving off $50 a month, you shouldn't even be sim racing and should figure out on how to earn more than $50 a month first.

Last edited:
Yes, but what a list of cars! Technically it's a Grand Sport, so it's the 427 engine. DMd you a couple of links but nothing special.

Ah but it's not a Grand Sport! The Grand Sport is slightly different (different hood, differential cooler with an enclosure on the back deck, different side "gills") and the Grand Sport actually had a 377, but this is the best racing C2 mod I've found. Looks like Bazza is working with Mac Ten as it looks just like his mod. If you do have and Grand Sport mods I've been working on the physics for one, would be great to see what else is out there (with potentially a better model)!

Last edited:
Man, I sure hope you have never heard of a sim call "iRacing" or Raceroom. You might get a heart attack after you find out how much they charge for one car and track.

Oh, I know them. I'm just waaay too smart to fall prey to that kind of ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

So this Simdream incident basically escalated from

Stealing mods and selling them is bad -> selling converted mod is bad -> setting up a patreon or asking for donation is bad -> any paid mod is a crime whether scratch made or converted.

And sim racers in 1st world countries should offset the cost for those living in a war torn 3rd world country surviving on $50 bucks a month.

Seriously, if you are surviving off $50 a month, you shouldn't even be sim racing and should figure out on how to earn more than $50 a month first.
But with both RaceRoom and iRacing you are buying content that is officially licensed, using proprietary laser scanned data, and official manufacturer data. You're also getting models that are (hopefully) completely optimized for the engine they are being used in. Surely you aren't implying that these $50 mods come anywhere close to this level of value?

Sidenote, I think iRacing charges far too much for their content, and RaceRoom is only good value when they do their yearly sale.

But with both RaceRoom and iRacing you are buying content that is officially licensed, using proprietary laser scanned data, and official manufacturer data. You're also getting models that are (hopefully) completely optimized for the engine they are being used in. Surely you aren't implying that these $50 mods come anywhere close to this level of value?

Sidenote, I think iRacing charges far too much for their content, and RaceRoom is only good value when they do their yearly sale.

It doesn't really matter what quality the content or how much it cost anymore lol, any content that cost money is a rip off and should be condemned according to the logic of some of the members here.

And to answer some others, I've funded way more than $2000 for the creation of some of the mods you all enjoy for free yet I have never openly even consider taking credit for.

I personally dont have iRacing (I have Raceroom, but never bought a pack). I will never buy from these 2 titles...
and my income is much above any average. I have bought a few tracks of some high quality modders from Japan for a few Yen.
Ah but it's not a Grand Sport! The Grand Sport is slightly different (different hood, differential cooler with an enclosure on the back deck, different side "gills") and the Grand Sport actually had a 377, but this is the best racing C2 mod I've found. Looks like Bazza is working with Mac Ten as it looks just like his mod. If you do have and Grand Sport mods I've been working on the physics for one, would be great to see what else is out there (with potentially a better model)!

There was a C2 GS in RTR by Simbin that I converted to GTL. I am not interested in converting it to AC, but someone else may want to do it? Note: the same C2 is in the GTR2 Power and Glory mod

Last edited:
I think there is no point in discussing the ethical side of the issue here, how legal it is or not. when we are offered a stolen 3D model converted from another game (for free), most of us are very happy and do not feel any discomfort about the legality of this conversion. but it is worth asking for money for the stolen model, and we immediately remember about the laws and legality. for myself, I decided this question like this, rationality decides everything, if the quality / functionality of the mod corresponds to its price, and I am really interested in it, then I will buy it.

Pessio Garage RD1 (fictional) Nations Cup skins
Thought I would share these in case anyone wants to use them - They're fictional so just for a time when you want to have a break from online racing and fancy a more relaxed race (such as challenging family/friends or simracers from around the globe for bragging rights) - Just drag into content manager and install from there.
Ive also included a preset race grid - preset goes here; yourdrive:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Race Grids

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-fictional-nations-cup-skins.40588/

Pessio Garage RD1 'Porknose' by Pessio link;
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-porknose.30886

screenshot_pessio_garage_rd1_monaco_1966_10-2-121-21-21-29-jpg.453515

View attachment 996952 View attachment 996953 View attachment 996954 View attachment 996955 View attachment 996956 View attachment 996957 View attachment 996958 View attachment 996959 View attachment 996960 View attachment 996961 View attachment 996962#

• Canada
• France
• Germany
• Great Britain
• Italy
• Mexico
• Monaco
• Netherlands
• South Africa
• Spain
• United States

Ive used the tracks from my custom championships which you can find here
Driving Through The Decades - 70 Years of F1 - 1969
70 Years of Formula One Mod 1969 (Freemium)
and here Round the World Challenge using the exciting Guerilla Mods Toyota S-FR car

Those are really cool, thanks! Would be awesome to see a version with the 1969 South African and Canadian flags :)

It doesn't really matter what quality the content or how much it cost anymore lol, any content that cost money is a rip off and should be condemned according to the logic of some of the members here.

And to answer some others, I've funded way more than $2000 for the creation of some of the mods you all enjoy for free yet I have never openly even consider taking credit for.
his logic is like: I get my iPhone for $1000 that I can use it to listen to all music in youtube, so why pay for any albums in itunes when music "should be free".

this guy just ignore the hard work and dedication all modders put in their scratch made mod... Free mods are extra cool, but paying for scratch made mod like LAC can make the modder justify their hours put in the mod, motivating him to do better than ever, and leading to an even better creation

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back