Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,051 comments
@TheRealCeeBee
Thoughts on breaking up a model for meshes...

a. buildings generally have right angles and are basically blocks
b. roads are generally flat
c. most non natural colors are not found in nature (roads, cement, buildings) - grass, water are also fairly a uniform color

So, If I had talent and software, I would find software that you can outline "things" based on some simple rules like a.b.c and "break" the scene into (at least) a few basic elements... to start.

Roads are almost never flat. They are cambered (i.e., curved or crowned) for drainage. A totally flat road in a sim is an immersion-breaker for me.

From the way you post, its pretty obvious $50 means a lot more to you than me, that is fine. Everyone's value of money is different. Thing is, why don't you do everyone a favor and start converting forza models with exceptional graphics and physics and release it for free. I'm sure everyone would love it. Unless you can do that, you are in no position to criticize how the modder wish to distribute their mods.

By the way I am happy to support the modders that I like in any way I wish.
Just because someone can bounce back from getting ripped off because they're rich doesn't doesn't change the fact that they're getting ripped off

I see SD changed some wording... previous statement blamed 1 individual, it seemed, for the actual content ripping+selling ... which has been going on for years. (the current wording makes it seem like 2 people might be responsible for the "takedowns")

TBH, SD has/is only1-2 people anyway. Glad to see they say it will "change".

Roads are almost never flat. They are cambered (i.e., curved or crowned) for drainage. A totally flat road in a sim is an immersion-breaker for me.
this was quite a general statement by me, as obviously roads are not FLAT, as you say. I was on about how to discern different material/planes to basic mesh splitting ideas/techniques for a photometric model.

note: since it is a 3D scan, the "road" will contain the crown and cambers from the scan, now wont it?

| <--- a wall (a perpendicular vertical thing)
_ <--- a road (a parallel horizontal thing)
~ <--- a different thing (mostly natural landscape thing)

I had thought this was quite obvious to all who is paying actual attention to the topic discussed

Last edited:
I made some enhancements for Sebring 1970 by Gilles: a simple Grass FX and an alternative skin (named in CM as default) to replace the trees and to adjust grass-colours to my own liking. It's not much, but it's a little better now I think. I made the grass maybe ridiculously tall to hide some visual problems present with the track.

I just figured out this morning how the Grass FX works and I did not run many test-laps so there might be some issues. To be honest I was in a hurry to upload this 'cos this is the first thing I've done in AC that's worth sharing IMO. My first little contribution of "giving back" to this community. Hope it works. :D

View attachment 966575

http://www.mediafire.com/file/slwb6q5dmrp525h/seb70.rar/file

If you Didn't die of COVID or anything, please repost, track is rather inaccurate but its something to play around with.

And sim racers in 1st world countries should offset the cost for those living in a war torn 3rd world country surviving on $50 bucks a month.

Seriously, if you are surviving off $50 a month, you shouldn't even be sim racing and should figure out on how to earn more than $50 a month first.
Dude, are you serious? I very much doubt that your profile information is correct and that you live in Canada. Do you forbid people to play in a war-torn country? You make them learn how to make more than 50 bucks, where there is no work, but there is a war? Handsome! There is a war going on in my country and now I have to do it all? Judging by your nickname and your statements, you are from the country with which I am at war!

You mean sweep it under the carpet?
This is a general discussion thread for everything about Assetto Corsa PC mods but a lot of people seem to think it's just somewhere to drive past, reach out of the window and grab links to new cars and tracks.
If a discussion topic doesn't interest anyone, just skip those posts. It's easy.
What seems to be upsetting people is that discussion in a discussion thread is getting in the way of harvesting all those lovely download links.

Do you have a link for that? sorry couldn't resist :lol:

£50 means what it means. If i lost my wallet with £50 in it i'd be pissed with myself.

If someone who wasn't family gifted me £50 for a birthday i'd be thanking them and over the moon.

If i heard someone had gifted £50 to cancer research i'd think of them a little notch higher.

Your bizarre attitude to suggest anyone on here lives on under £50 a month is just the most immature response i have ever read on this thread, considering the entry level for sim racing is a lot higher than £50.

And to flip it around, if £50 is such a trivial amount, why does Geroda74 charge £50 and not give it away?
I mean £50 is neither here nor there is it, so why does he even want £50 at all?

Clearly you seem to think that spending £50 on ripped mods makes you a baller.

All i think is, i can get them for free and keep donating sums to cancer research to offset devil in me that gets free forza rips from a thief ...

What you need to understand is that some will be under 16, some at college, some adults but with mortgage's and bill to pay and kids.
Some will not use AC that much and may play flightsims more etc....

I have a gaming budget and a rule, i won't pay for ripped content from other games.....

I 'invested' £400 into iRacing and don't use it anymore, i spent £100 on Raceroom and barely use it.
Neither of those companies rip mods from others though.
It was my choice.

Last year i donated in total £200 to cancer research and raised £1000 for parkinsons doing a mountain climb.
I know the value of £50...that doesn't mean that £50 doesn't get eaten by bills and fuel and insurance and food really quick.
I still can value money because i was brought up right...

I do also use the steam holiday sales i get games..... why? Because who the hell doesn't like a bargain?

I stand against anyone charging for ripped content....... isn't that what the last few days have taught us?

Its actually you that want to make me sound rich. $50 means a lot to you. I won't be pissed if I dropped $50, I've tipped waitress more than $50 because of her exceptional service. You probably would expect a ******* from her, because $50 for you is a lot of money. In fact, that $50 to the waitress is a lot and its more than her salary for 3 hours of work. Maybe you need to realize, $50 to me is like 50 cents to you. So yea, you can consider I got ripped off by geroda, I don't really care. Its not a lot of money to me and I don't think you'd be pissed or upset if you dropped 50 cents on the street. You can't use your value of money and paste it on everyone.

And FYI, where the $50 bucks a month came from is from this dude. Asking for someone to buy mods and share it to the poor because those live in first world countries don't know the struggle of some one in some war torn third world country that lives on $50 a month and still need to sim race.

Buddy! If this is a small amount for you, then maybe you buy and share with us so that everyone knows what their products are actually worth. You can actually buy all of his gold mods - this is not a problem for you! In our community, there are people who live on $ 50 a month and many understand this, but not you.

Too good not to share here, among driving enthusiast and AC mod fans.
It is about that instant when you immediately recognize a strech of road you have never driven in real life but that a master modder, @Phoenix77, has so faithfully recreated in AC, that you just know where that guy is driving. Then their is the car, that is part of your hundreds of iconic AC car collection.
Only one thing to do after that, launch AC, put the VR goggles on, as if wearing a helmet and drive the dream.

Last edited:
If you Didn't die of COVID or anything, please repost, track is rather inaccurate but its something to play around with.

No, I'm still hangin'.

Since you asked, but honestly I feel a bit uncomfortable sharing this, since I know I could do so much better if this track wasn't a paymod.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/voola60ynfb9sqx/seb70.rar/file

If you have the original config, please install this because there are many tweaks in grass. There are also couple of little kn5-files, one for the ground material that was invisible and one for some kind of background.

The track is a complete mess still. But after all, for now it's the only vintage Sebring we have, so... I kind of like it anyway on some level. :D

You mean sweep it under the carpet?
This is a general discussion thread for everything about Assetto Corsa PC mods but a lot of people seem to think it's just somewhere to drive past, reach out of the window and grab links to new cars and tracks.
If a discussion topic doesn't interest anyone, just skip those posts. It's easy.
What seems to be upsetting people is that discussion in a discussion thread is getting in the way of harvesting all those lovely download links.

Fair point, I take that onboard; it's relevant to the topic at hand. The discussion itself strikes me as fair game, but the last couple of posts on it are getting increasingly aggressive and not exactly furthering discussion. Ultimately, this is going on, ideally I'd like to see a mod post a few rules about what it is/isn't for - as you pointed out previously, posting links promoting 'your' (whoever posts) paid content is against the rules, as per my understanding. Is that for anything (eg top quality VRC / RSS / DRM team mods) or just for the charged and unauthorised conversions? Is discussion of that content fair game, so long as it's not promoting?

I made some assumptions in my post, you're right to call me out on it, so I'm just looking for some clarification (and hopefully a winding in of some of the aggression).

---

Too good not to share here, among driving enthusiast and AC mod fans.
It is about that instant when you immediately recognize a strech of road you have never driven in real life but that a master modder, @Phoenix77, has so faithfully recreated in AC, that you just know where that guy is driving. Then their is the car, that is part of your hundreds of iconic AC car collection.
Only one thing to do after that, launch AC, put the VR goggles on, as if wearing a helmet and drive the dream.

I both love the footage and simultaneously wished the shots were longer and the engine given a chance to sing in the vid!

Fair point, I take that onboard; it's relevant to the topic at hand. The discussion itself strikes me as fair game, but the last couple of posts on it are getting increasingly aggressive and not exactly furthering discussion. Ultimately, this is going on, ideally I'd like to see a mod post a few rules about what it is/isn't for - as you pointed out previously, posting links promoting 'your' (whoever posts) paid content is against the rules, as per my understanding. Is that for anything (eg top quality VRC / RSS / DRM team mods) or just for the charged and unauthorised conversions? Is discussion of that content fair game, so long as it's not promoting?

I made some assumptions in my post, you're right to call me out on it, so I'm just looking for some clarification (and hopefully a winding in of some of the aggression).
No worries at all, I'm probably being a lot more outspoken lately as my patience gets stretched ever more thinly with everything that's going on. These heated discussions soon peter out if left alone. Lively debate is stimulating and nobody should be afraid to speak their mind so long as things stay civil, on-topic and within GTP terms of service. It'll also help to dispel the ridiculous Discord myth that GTP is a hive mind. A good vent of the spleen is good for the soul and can do you the world of good. Enjoy it while you can before the woke brigade and SJWs manage to shut debate down for good :)
I also wouldn't worry about clarification of what's acceptable or not, we've already all signed up to the ToS. If I've learnt anything about GTP moderators it's that they have an almost supernatural instinct to sniff out transgressions and will instantly teleport in with a whiteboard eraser and a swift rap to the knuckles.

Last edited:
About the whole Baku thing. I'm not sure if this is the version that Fanapryde mentioned, but out of all Baku versions for AC I've tried, this is the best one. Looks good and accurate, AI works very well, good optimization. In CM it says that Terra21 is the author of this
https://mega.nz/file/OzxRmaZA#dD5sEB0Pxkd4Y7Hgmn7c7j6VETBQUqXXajG-0Yh6auw

I believe this is the one I kept in the end. Could be further optimized, running this track in VR with full grid AI still struggles.

Could you please upload the Baku again? Thanks in advance

If you searched Baku on this forum you'd have found the link I put up recently.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7e8m5osyk8ufppe/baku.rar/file

About the whole Baku thing. I'm not sure if this is the version that Fanapryde mentioned, but out of all Baku versions for AC I've tried, this is the best one. Looks good and accurate, AI works very well, good optimization. In CM it says that Terra21 is the author of this
https://mega.nz/file/OzxRmaZA#dD5sEB0Pxkd4Y7Hgmn7c7j6VETBQUqXXajG-0Yh6auw

Guys, I did not compare the tracks, but here is the one I have installed ( Terra21, reworked patrikPat, optimised by @norms v1.1 ).
Best version I tried so far:

https://mega.nz/file/nSpShZ7R#XOj5AIhl-6NjI4JKtHcWcO2-2gm7EbojpRb-hzdSpsE

Last edited:
Meanwhile, ASR Formula have released their version of the Ferrari F2007. Is it better than VRC's F2007?

AC ● Ferrari F2007 2007 v1.0 – ASR Formula

ac_f2007.png
In my opinion no... But there is a thing that bothers me about the vrc model: the front wing seems to have too much gap between the flaps; and this mod is better in that. For the rest this mod has more grip (way more) and the tyres aren't grooved. Anyway this is very enjoyful to drive

I intend that the Digital Apex Mods will always be free, with the option for donation. We have a Patreon going on but it's redundant and we're not really into public betas.
We'd like to have a Fundraise campaign to buy a drone for photogrammetry and an iphone 12 pro for upclose building scan but we don't think anyone would donate...

Don't understimate the power of donation in this case: people donate more if they know what's behind the idea of the mod and for what purpose you want to invest your money. In other ways, people refuse to give money for bad mods (even for converted)... what RTM do with all that money (for bad mods)? Do they buy weapons? We don't know!

Just to be clear I don't mean people need to give a justification for or in what they spend their money, but what I want to say is that your cause is noble so people people are more inclined to invest in what you do, because you would create something that few maybe do rather than give money for bad and/or ripped mods.

(In my humble opinion)

so.. I took seb70 off my "todo" list because I thought it has/was being redone by someone.

If this is not the case, I will add it back on the list.

I think its fine, honestly to share it here... it might be a "paymod" (air quotes), but it is another modders work base, without credits AND he is "charging"... he is IMHO a half of a degree from SD ethics (but he does not issue takedowns),

Last edited:
so.. I took seb70 off my "todo" list because I thought it has/was being redone by someone.

I think its fine, honestly to share it here... it might be a "paymod" (air quotes), but it is another modders work base, without credits AND he is "charging"... he is IMHO a half of a degree from SD ethics (but he does not issue takedowns),
It has been improved a bit, but it also needs optimising. For a relatively simple track it’s rather heavy.

Honestly I share your thoughts, but the forum policy about paymods (even Gilles' paymods) is what it is... And it's reasonable IMO.

pk3r72owns is building a vintage Sebring (can't remeber what year exactly) so maybe it's best not to waste any more time on these prehistoric conversions anyway. :D

@TheRealCeeBee do you want the raw meshes I used for (an upcoming) showroom(s)?
The 2 in my screens I posted are certainly small enough to get a feel. Hell, I think I have them in .kn5 if I recall (showroom test)

Im all good for meshes, I have slated in some time to look at this project during my next holidays. Primarily for my own plugin usage byut a side effect is it will run in blender too.

wow seems I missed a lot on these days..

I'm currently working on this conversions if anyone interested. They will be released for free ASAP.

Indianapolis 8 Layouts.
S3g7G7K.png

Atlanta Motor Speedway 3 Layouts.
Q1OEPGP.png

TT Assen 2001 (by Zwiss)
MA6W4ai.png

Toronto Exhibition Place 2016 (Basic conversion while we have pk3r72owns good looking version)
hHK7R5z.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back