Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,051 comments
I intend that the Digital Apex Mods will always be free, with the option for donation. We have a Patreon going on but it's redundant and we're not really into public betas.
We'd like to have a Fundraise campaign to buy a drone for photogrammetry and an iphone 12 pro for upclose building scan but we don't think anyone would donate...

1. I swore off Pateon because it generates a culture of "perpetual beta" status to keep the dollars coming and projects never actually finishing.
2. I have a Mavic Pro (with 4 batteries, the headset etc) collecting dust in a corner since they changed the law here and I live next a military base, I basically cannot fly it anymore.
if your need is legit, and you will openly share the process of scanning, stitching and software steps for processing to a track, I can donate the mavic, shipping to your pocket. (from sydney Australia), drone is good for about 25 minutes of full toss flying or 45 minutes for applications like photogrammetry, 16MP camera etc. more than ample.

I for one would love to know how to overcome the low poly nature of photgrammetry. Also how you break the single mesh it produces into useable parts etc etc. When I was playing with it some years ago the surveying software was hellish expensive (like 15K+) and results were still not really usable other than a "general" idea.. still requiring complete redraw of the project using the photgrammetry output as a reference, kind of defeating the point when 10-30m lidar seesm to be available nearly everywhere nowadays. If you can solve this I will do my damn licence for my P4P.

100.jpg

1493122862_1334043.jpg

@TheRealCeeBee
Thoughts on breaking up a model for meshes...

a. buildings generally have right angles and are basically blocks
b. roads are generally flat
c. most non natural colors are not found in nature (roads, cement, buildings) - grass, water are also fairly a uniform color

So, If I had talent and software, I would find software that you can outline "things" based on some simple rules like a.b.c and "break" the scene into (at least) a few basic elements... to start.

Last edited:
@TheRealCeeBee
Thoughts on breaking up a model for meshes...

a. buildings generally have right angles and are basically blocks
b. roads are generally flat
c. most non natural colors are not found in nature (roads, cement, buildings) - grass, water are also fairly a uniform color

So, If I had talent and software, I would find software that you can outline "things" based on some simple rules like a.b.c and "break" the scene into (at least) a few basic elements... to start.
I author some software that does this in my jewellery world, it examines meshes , finds creases, and uses an algorithm of mo creases == mo work to quote end users a manufacturing price from uploaded stls or nurbs based files. But, the sheer size of a photogrammetry project is insane (unless you do it in a heap of small bits and align afterwards. my algorithm sorts triangle by adjacent triangles and looks for those creases, not a lot of work to then make it isolate the areas enclosed by the creases and split them into individual faces, but, from a programming perspective its is daunting to say the least, you start to walk into the world of commercial reverse engineering scan meshes to solid, and that software can also run into several thousands of doallrs a pop.

If i ever get bored enough I may look at converting some of that code to python for blender, lord knows I do get bored sometimes ;) hid this easter egg in my Rhino3d plugin for my users ;)

Last edited:
Ah but it's not a Grand Sport! The Grand Sport is slightly different (different hood, differential cooler with an enclosure on the back deck, different side "gills") and the Grand Sport actually had a 377, but this is the best racing C2 mod I've found. Looks like Bazza is working with Mac Ten as it looks just like his mod. If you do have and Grand Sport mods I've been working on the physics for one, would be great to see what else is out there (with potentially a better model)!

I stand corrected! Thanks for the info.

@TheRealCeeBee do you want the raw meshes I used for (an upcoming) showroom(s)?
The 2 in my screens I posted are certainly small enough to get a feel. Hell, I think I have them in .kn5 if I recall (showroom test)

Let me share this with you, guys...
Today is a happy day :)
After about one year of trial and error, of giving up and trying again and again, of resignation and resilience, I´ve finally found my graphics card sweet spot for AC. Thanks to nVidia Profile Inspector.
All video settings to the max with all the good stuff on CM with Extra Effects all on, with Vsync, with Sol on Ultra, with rain, sunsets and dawns and a good number of cars on track...always solid rock 60 fps with no latency. After thousands of tests...
I´m so, so happy...

My setup
GPU Nvidia GTX1070 8Gb
Monitor 60 Mhz
24 Gb RAM
CPU I7 4790k 4 GHz (no OC)

All my AC content on a external 3tB HDD.

Gave up on MSAA. Both AC´s and Nvidia. Activated 8x Supersampling and my life changed :lol::lol::lol:
Capturar1.JPG
Capturar2.JPG

Pessio Garage RD1 (fictional) Nations Cup skins
Thought I would share these in case anyone wants to use them - They're fictional so just for a time when you want to have a break from online racing and fancy a more relaxed race (such as challenging family/friends or simracers from around the globe for bragging rights) - Just drag into content manager and install from there.
Ive also included a preset race grid - preset goes here; yourdrive:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Race Grids

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-fictional-nations-cup-skins.40588/

Pessio Garage RD1 'Porknose' by Pessio link;
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-porknose.30886

screenshot_pessio_garage_rd1_monaco_1966_10-2-121-21-21-29-jpg.453515

View attachment 996952 View attachment 996953 View attachment 996954 View attachment 996955 View attachment 996956 View attachment 996957 View attachment 996958 View attachment 996959 View attachment 996960 View attachment 996961 View attachment 996962#

• Canada
• France
• Germany
• Great Britain
• Italy
• Mexico
• Monaco
• Netherlands
• South Africa
• Spain
• United States

Ive used the tracks from my custom championships which you can find here
Driving Through The Decades - 70 Years of F1 - 1969
70 Years of Formula One Mod 1969 (Freemium)
and here Round the World Challenge using the exciting Guerilla Mods Toyota S-FR car

And as always, despite having one of the oldest tracks around Belgium is ignored once again ! Always the same lol

Last edited:
Let me share this with you, guys...
Today is a happy day :)
After about one year of trial and error, of giving up and trying again and again, of resignation and resilience, I´ve finally found my graphics card sweet spot for AC. Thanks to nVidia Profile Inspector.
All video settings to the max with all the good stuff on CM with Extra Effects all on, with Vsync, with Sol on Ultra, with rain, sunsets and dawns and a good number of cars on track...always solid rock 60 fps with no latency. After thousands of tests...
I´m so, so happy...

My setup
GPU Nvidia GTX1070 8Gb
Monitor 60 Mhz
24 Gb RAM
CPU I7 4790k 4 GHz (no OC)

All my AC content on a external 3tB HDD.

Gave up on MSAA. Both AC´s and Nvidia. Activated 8x Supersampling and my life changed :lol::lol::lol:
View attachment 997048 View attachment 997049

What´s the point to enable 8x SSAA and let Nvidia overwrite all application settings and enable ExtraFX along with TAA (I think you have) then in CM?!

What´s the point to enable 8x SSAA and let Nvidia overwrite all application settings and enable ExtraFX along with TAA (I think you have) then in CM?!
Lol...I really don´t know. And yes, I have TAA on in Extra FX. The truth is I get better results. And from what I see, the fact of having Nvidia overwriting doesn´t mean that it "kills" the ExtraFX. The difference between TAA on and off is significant with the current Nvidia Profiler overwriting settings...

From the way you post, its pretty obvious $50 means a lot more to you than me, that is fine. Everyone's value of money is different. Thing is, why don't you do everyone a favor and start converting forza models with exceptional graphics and physics and release it for free. I'm sure everyone would love it. Unless you can do that, you are in no position to criticize how the modder wish to distribute their mods.

By the way I am happy to support the modders that I like in any way I wish.

£50 means what it means. If i lost my wallet with £50 in it i'd be pissed with myself.

If someone who wasn't family gifted me £50 for a birthday i'd be thanking them and over the moon.

If i heard someone had gifted £50 to cancer research i'd think of them a little notch higher.

Your bizarre attitude to suggest anyone on here lives on under £50 a month is just the most immature response i have ever read on this thread, considering the entry level for sim racing is a lot higher than £50.

And to flip it around, if £50 is such a trivial amount, why does Geroda74 charge £50 and not give it away?
I mean £50 is neither here nor there is it, so why does he even want £50 at all?

Clearly you seem to think that spending £50 on ripped mods makes you a baller.

All i think is, i can get them for free and keep donating sums to cancer research to offset devil in me that gets free forza rips from a thief ...

What you need to understand is that some will be under 16, some at college, some adults but with mortgage's and bill to pay and kids.
Some will not use AC that much and may play flightsims more etc....

I have a gaming budget and a rule, i won't pay for ripped content from other games.....

I 'invested' £400 into iRacing and don't use it anymore, i spent £100 on Raceroom and barely use it.
Neither of those companies rip mods from others though.
It was my choice.

Last year i donated in total £200 to cancer research and raised £1000 for parkinsons doing a mountain climb.
I know the value of £50...that doesn't mean that £50 doesn't get eaten by bills and fuel and insurance and food really quick.
I still can value money because i was brought up right...

I do also use the steam holiday sales i get games..... why? Because who the hell doesn't like a bargain?

I stand against anyone charging for ripped content....... isn't that what the last few days have taught us?

Last edited:
Guys, you've been going at this same thing back and forth now for pages - can we agree that people have the right to value different things based on their own opinion and preferences and move on?

I have a right to reply though.
I am staving off giving a run down of my spending and money in the bank and property, to prove a point as that is crass, but i am getting close...

Lol...I really don´t know. And yes, I have TAA on in Extra FX. The truth is I get better results. And from what I see, the fact of having Nvidia overwriting doesn´t mean that it "kills" the ExtraFX. The difference between TAA on and off is significant with the current Nvidia Profiler overwriting settings...

Will try it out today, I almost have all the settings as you do in Nvidia but without SSAA. Maybe I can tell a difference then as well.

I use TAA in extrafx which is a godsend, only thing i find is that in single seaters i get this weird effect on the drivers head, have you found away to get rid of it?

I use TAA and 4x MSAA so maybe i'll try disabling MSAA like you have.

Before turning to Supersampling I didn´t use TAA because I got a weird effect on the back wheels, specially with less worked mods. Now it´s all good...

Addicional info. I´m running CSP 0.1.74 preview3 and Sol 2.1 alpha 20 (on full beans)...

Last edited:
Guys, you've been going at this same thing back and forth now for pages - can we agree that people have the right to value different things based on their own opinion and preferences and move on?
You mean sweep it under the carpet?
This is a general discussion thread for everything about Assetto Corsa PC mods but a lot of people seem to think it's just somewhere to drive past, reach out of the window and grab links to new cars and tracks.
If a discussion topic doesn't interest anyone, just skip those posts. It's easy.
What seems to be upsetting people is that discussion in a discussion thread is getting in the way of harvesting all those lovely download links.

Last edited:
Whenever I look back the driver behind me also turns his head, is this a weird side effect of neck fx or is there another issue?

Last edited:
Does anyone have F1 2021 driver helmets for Formula Hybrid 2020? They were removed from RD for whatever reason.
They delete them because I set a minimun donation of 1€. I'm trying to solve that but I don't know waht to think with all that simdream thing, geroda, and so on...

Is one helmet sold for one euro?
No, I was asking for 1€ to get all of them (20) but I didn't finished them all. There are 8 right now (9 files cause 2 versions of sainz). When the new ones are finished, I send them by email to the donors.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back