Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,916 comments
New (old) tracks for Assetto

Guys, I need a hand here...

I have done a few tracks in the past for the gmotor2 and ISI engine (GTR2, GTL, rfactor...) do you know someone that would be able to convert them for Assetto ? Most of the tracks are unpublished and I am the author, so no problems regarding permissions and things

The only one that requires credits is the Preluk 1974, since it has been built on a base of the road mesh by the Sergio Loro's original GPL buid.
Credits must be given to Sergio Loro and DerDumeklemmer for this track, since both helped me with the build. (it was my first build :) )

this is what I am talking about:
"Baggersee" (it has even a small gokart track inside the big track)

"Grobnik 2012"

"Zaluzani GT"

"Beranovac"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObD84-HrGY4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afyDrr6m1pM

"Preluk 1974"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXSkQbfIXvI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXAYKVhCll4

"Sarajevo 2010"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNrFKQ1NvOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBhDXAeoZqY

"Crni Lug / Delnice"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPasXDQtGEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKZNp_lUuMo

"Novi Marof"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nuBQdD44W8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej8ch5dOpbo

...and many more... just have to dig them out

(all the tracks are in the gmotor2 format GTL/GTR2/Race07 etc... )

Whoever takes up the "challange" is allowed to improve the tracks, change whatever needs to be changed, since the tracks are almost 10 yrs old.

PM for details if interested.

Post them on RD and you'll likely get some takers.

And yes, the seats of the AP version are correct too:

125-int.png

I still have to drive the AG, but imo the AP version looks better on the inside:

AP:
AP-ferrari.png

AG:
AG-ferrari.png

:)

Just tried them both, and I must admit that, even tho the AG version looks nicer from the outside, I prefer the way the AP version drives... the third gear is quite different on both cars, and the AP version is more "delicate" to drive... less grip and more oversteer (on the default setup)

My vote goes to AP for the handling and to AG for the outside look.

Instruments have to be fixed on the AG version ! (oil pressure doesn't work)

NIce to see 2 different takes of the same car ... like them both !

Not sure if this has been asked already, but are Maple Valley, Bernece Alps and Rio from Forza 7 available for AC? If so, how authentic are they? 1:1?

Not sure if this has been asked already, but are Maple Valley, Bernece Alps and Rio from Forza 7 available for AC? If so, how authentic are they? 1:1?
Yep, pretty much 1:1.
Maple Valley isn't very well optimised, Rio and Alps are better.
It's great racing them in VR.

hmmm... strange... I get some insane "jumps" when driving on these tracks (maple in particular).

Rio is nice an alps too, but you can definitely see that the tracks belong to a different game.

Not well implemented in assetto IMHO.

My 2 cents comparing the two cars, I love the sound of the AG more, so I replaced AP´s sound with the one from AG. Because, as gstaraz said, I prefer driving the AP version too. Mostly agree with him.
Headlights workaround is now in the attachment. I´ve asked the AP Team for sharing it here, and they give me the Ok. Thx. :)
Rename old files before unpacking if you want to go back. ;)

This headlight workaround only works with shaders patch. Sorry, I´m no modder so I only copied and pasted config files from other cars and modified them, till I was satisfied seeing something more at night. ;)
Backlight and flames are modified a little too.
As I´ve seen at youtube, I changed the light to more yellow ones.

It´s not perfect now, but for me good enough and at least drivable at sunset, night and sundown. :)
:cheers:

Attachments

• ap_ferrari_125s.zip
    22.6 KB · Views: 36
AG vs AP
from a VR perspective, they are both very average as a cockpit experience. Do I hate the wheel going trough the leg of the driver and the bad hand shifting animation in the AP more than the missing feet and no animation at all from the AG? Good question!
As for the driving, they are both average as well.
My vote if I have only to keep one would go to the AP, as it feels more overall as a vintage it is supposed to be, the AG feels more like a vintage replica.
They are both a perfect example of better than nothing but both a botch job never the less.
We should do more of those same car different "modder" comparison, this was fun, thank you @Silvio

Thanks @Fanapryde I tried the '37 mod, but there are only 4 or 5 cars that I remember...

A cool mod anyway and maybe some "meat" for a next comparison... I saw that Alfaromeo and Mercedes by many different modders... at the end I have no idea who brought the first models to AC... but never mind...

Very fun to drive indeed !

632F69780FE6F394083988B623F46D3B81481E00

Do we dare? a real modder vs a conversion job.
Mantasig W125 vs F1 1937 W125.
none of us can claim having driven the real thing, which one do you prefer and why?

Ok, to the verdict W125 vs W125 :)

- First of all, both versions are a blast, and a big thanks to both modder/team

- Mantasisg seems to have got the proportions right and his version is much more enjoyable to drive (and harder) tho I hate that steering wheel (looks so fake,,, just a small detail that immediately cached my eyes)

- The '37 GP one seems a tad to small and is much easier to drive... the front and rear wheels are almost identical (bad thing), the car is much more "controllable" and requires almost no effort to master (consequently, the lap times are a tad better)

- About the wheels: yes, it seems not to be an optical illusion (the groves on the rubber); the Mantasisg wheels are pretty worn out seems :) ... much less grip, but it is not a bad thing... to me it feels really right.

Poweslides are much more "balanced" on a Mantasisg one ... on the 1937 one the slide recovers to easily

So, to the conclusion:

1037 GP : i would recommend this version to the occasional "Sunday racer" ...very fun to drive andnice the choice of skins
Mamtasisg : This one is for people that like to feel the car and like to drive on the edge, where a smallest mistake means the end of the race.

Again, I like both of them, but prefer the Mantasisg one, mainly because of the proportions of the car... about the handling, I could get used to eather of them.

Tested a few laps both on Ostereich ring no chicane ... times about 2,10 on 1937 GP and 2,12 on Mantasisg ...next track will be the Monza 66 and if you put a link to the Panama, I'll be glad to try it out @Cote Dazur

Winner for now Mantasisg for me.

EDIT:
No VR here, so just an impression on a single monitor setup

(found the Panama circuit on RD... )

Forgot to comment the look:

I like more the 1937... the 3D design seems to be more detailed with the front nicely shaped.

Last edited:
-A Replica of Richard Scaldwell's 5.0L GN Japanese V8 which was built in 1914 and rebuilt in the 90's with one of four Japanese 1908 V8 Prototype Engines-
The GN cyclecar was made in Hendon, North London, between 1910 and 1925, then moving to Wandsworth, London. The name derives from its founders, H.R. Godfrey (1887-1968) and Archibald Frazer-Nash (1889-1965) Production ceased in 1923 but the company kept trading until 1925 and the Bugatti Type 51 '31

Attachments

• 48393582_1038225506367201_1078932360696692736_n.jpg
    48393582_1038225506367201_1078932360696692736_n.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 91
  • __custom_showroom_1551476967.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1551476967.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 93
-A Replica of Richard Scaldwell's 5.0L GN Japanese V8 which was built in 1914 and rebuilt in the 90's with one of four Japanese 1908 V8 Prototype Engines-
The GN cyclecar was made in Hendon, North London, between 1910 and 1925, then moving to Wandsworth, London. The name derives from its founders, H.R. Godfrey (1887-1968) and Archibald Frazer-Nash (1889-1965) Production ceased in 1923 but the company kept trading until 1925 and the Bugatti Type 51 '31

The Bugatti is known to me... handles ok... not perfect but You can race him... instruments doesn't work in the version I have , but that other car is the first time i see it
Interesting front suspension hahahaha

The AP version has much better suspensions than the 1937 gp mod version... drives much better.

But the whole 1937 pack has very strange suspensions... on the elevated parts of the Monza 66 track is very noticeable the difference.
all the 1937 cars are jumping like mules... almost undriveable

Last edited by a moderator:
The AP version has much better suspensions than the 1937 gp mod version... drives much better.

But the whole 1937 pack has very strange suspensions... on the elevated parts of the Monza 66 track is very noticeable the difference.
all the 1937 cars are jumping like mules... almost undriveable

I know (Sim Dream you know..:P) I have not installed them permanently, mainly because I am not into open wheelers (one exception: the Formula Ford - Russel Alexis Mk14).
But I gave them all a quick drive today to refresh my memory and I noticed that the AP Alfa in the link I posted has some weird reflections in the cockpit. It did not have that in the first version I had.

hmmm... but I don't get it.
Is it so hard to "transplant" the suspension of a good mod to the bad handling '37 cars ???

(I know very little about car modding, that fore I am wondering... you have to redo all the 3D suspensions or it is just the .ini file that has to be edited ? )

hmmm... but I don't get it.
Is it so hard to "transplant" the suspension of a good mod to the bad handling '37 cars ???

(I know very little about car modding, that fore I am wondering... you have to redo all the 3D suspensions or it is just the .ini file that has to be edited ? )
I have no clue. Good chance I know even less about car modding... :D

Yes, just tried to replace the suspensions (.ini) of the Alfa 158 with the W125 and it works.
Sadly I have no clue how to do it the proper way, using correct data of the alfaromeo suspensions, but at least that Sim Dream car now doesn't jump around like mad.

tomorrow I'll try to transplant the AP version of the suspensions on the SD car, since the 3D model of the SD car is much better IMO, so at least the basic measures will match to the alfa (if the AP guys have done it correcly :) )

btw. any suspensions engineer here that would fix that SD mod for good ? :P

This could be good comparition AD vs ACL Ford gt40 "67
View attachment 803242

But they seem totally identical ?!?

Anyway, i'll pass on this one, since I never liked the GT40 and how it drives... not my cup of tea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back