Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
Can I ask why so much hate towards that RTM group ? ...I mean, they are selling some stuff, and nobody forces us to buy it.

I can agree that is expensive, but on the other hand, like everything on the net, it suffices to wait for a bit and you can get all of it for free (i mean cracked or leaked).

I have personally tried some of their stuff, and I honestly don't like it... the models are nice, but the implementation in game (the handling and the thousands of small details that make an "immersive experience" are missing.
...but that is not a reason to hate someone ?!?

Could someone spend a few lines to enlighten me about ? obviously I am "new" to AC, so I am probably missing the root of the problem.
I'd just like to understand... nothing personal and no part taking from my side, of course.

I think this speaks for itself.
rtmjaguar.png

I would guess its probably with some of the crazy prices for those cars, and that many of them are basically Rips from other games.
which i dont mind even paying for, cause its still work, but in many cases its not reasonable to ask like 70 for one car.
But on the other hand you have to say - no one else is putting out those cars, and people should be happy about it.

I think this speaks for itself...

Got it... practically thieves that are playing smart***** that explains the wired handling.
Thanks for the reply !

Thanks, will try it right now.
If You appreciate some honest comments I can write down a few lines after testing ... or keep it to my self... how you prefer ;)

anyway, the firs impression by the look at the photo was "what is that for an "export" mercedes of the '70" loool

Thanks for sharing and for your time !

If You appreciate some honest comments I can write down a few lines after testing ... or keep it to my self... how you prefer

Not sure why you believe I have anything to do with that mod, I am just the messenger. Just letting the group know about what I believe to be a special IRL car and in VR the cockpit is very well made.

Got it... practically thieves that are playing smart***** that explains the wired handling.
Thanks for the reply !

Thanks, will try it right now.
If You appreciate some honest comments I can write down a few lines after testing ... or keep it to my self... how you prefer ;)

anyway, the firs impression by the look at the photo was "what is that for an "export" mercedes of the '70" loool

Thanks for sharing and for your time !
That's sad if you don't recognize a Facel Vega. Those cars were owned by all the wealthiest people back in the 60's and are amazing collector's items today.

IIRC, their structure was made of high-grade stainless steel (at a time where Rolls Royce was using cheap recycled mild steel with no rustproofing). Consequently, they lasted forever and were very safe cars in a crash (and they weighed a lot!). If you were a movie star or an oil baron in the 60's, you simply had to have one.

From the Wikipedia page:

Prominent owners of Facel Vegas (mainly of Facel IIs) included Pablo Picasso, Ava Gardner, Christian Dior, Herb Alpert, Joan Collins, Ringo Starr, Max Factor Jr, Joan Fontaine, Stirling Moss, Tony Curtis, several Saudi princes, Dean Martin, Fred Astaire, Danny Kaye, Louis Malle, The President of Mexico, François Truffaut, Robert Wagner, Anthony Quinn, Hassan II, King of Morocco, Debbie Reynolds, the Shah of Persia, Frank Sinatra, Maurice Trintignant, Brian Rix, Joe Hepworth and French Embassies around the world.[6][7][8] Race-car driver Stirling Moss would drive his HK500 from event to event rather than fly.

French writer and Nobel Prize winner Albert Camus died in a Facel Vega FV3B driven by his publisher, Michel Gallimard.[9] At the time of his death, Camus had planned to travel by train, with his wife and children, but at the last minute accepted his publisher's proposal to travel with him.[10]

Not sure why you believe I have anything to do with that mod, I am just the messenger. Just letting the group know about what I believe to be a special IRL car and in VR the cockpit is very well made.

Ah, I thought You were the author ... never mind, thanks again for the "message" :)

That's sad if you don't recognize a Facel Vega. Those cars were owned by all the wealthiest people back in the 60's and are amazing collector's items today...

Well, to say that such thing is sad, seems to me a bit stretched, but no problem, you have put an end to that sadness now :D

Thanks for the info, always appreciated !

This GeroDa74 guy is a very talented modder. The Facel Vega II is an amazingly fun drift car (of all things). It has a real sense of weight to it (as it should). The way it drifts is eerily similar to my IRL 2014 M6 (which makes me wonder if the weight distribution is similar).

CM shows it using the historically correct suspension setup, and this guy never just remixes stock Kunos pieces to create his cars. They all appear to be made from scratch.

And if you haven't tried his 909 Bergspyder, stop whatever you're doing right now, and do so! It is a very different, but equally fun/amazing car to sling around. Really looking forward to whatever this modder does next.

Here you go.

Mate, wherever you are, I hope RTM never stoops so low as to hire a hitman :lol: Keep up the good work, I have no idea how you collects all this 👍

RTM cars always look nice but they drive terrible. That's what I always tell myself if I can't get my hands on them to make me feel better :lol: Hopefully now talented modders can pick up the pieces and make them drive like cars instead of soap bars.

Mate, wherever you are, I hope RTM never stoops so low as to hire a hitman :lol: Keep up the good work, I have no idea how you collects all this 👍

RTM cars always look nice but they drive terrible. That's what I always tell myself if I can't get my hands on them to make me feel better :lol: Hopefully now talented modders can pick up the pieces and make them drive like cars instead of soap bars.
This PDF is a result of multible people and months and months of cars getting leaked. A big up to the guys over at vk.com and everyone sharing the cars they have paid for. Without them this would not have been possible:bowdown:

@Masscot
You asked for the 4k of the Gullwing America, so here it is in few variations (only one; the clean one without dirt and shading is 4K, the others are standard 2048)
I left the .psd inside every skin folder so if someone wants to mess around with it, be my guest ;)

You need the "mercedes_300SL" and the "mercedes 300SL_race" to use all the skins ... if I am not mistaken the mod is from assetto land

Gullwing America:
gullwing_americana8njay.jpg

gullwing_americana_2h6k6e.jpg

Gullwing Panamericana:
gullwing_panamericana2tk3r.jpg

gullwing_panamericanam4joi.jpg

The Panamericana is fictional, and the America is based on a photo by "Gullwing America"

Download:
https://app.box.com/s/e035kf0janozi3dnuaqe8eyeugolhgdv

F1 2000 Is also good and ACFL 1994 too
Is ACFL 1994 better than Simdream’s 1993? I don’t need F1 from every year. I’m hoping to have grid from each decade. I have:
Bazza’s 1967
Bazza’s 1975
Simdream 1988
Simdream 1993 (happy to replace with ACFL 1994 if that is available on that “other” website)
RSS Formula 2000
RSS Formula 2017

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back