Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,311 comments
Guy's.....any advice on how to set up a Google drive storage? They give me a free 15gb one , but if I wanted to upgrade to a 100gb storage , and set it up in a way that I could share a link here to a file I have , without that person being able to just wander through my entire google drive.....how do I make a part of it private , and part of it public?

Gawd I hate Mediafire! I swear , every time I have to try and DL something from there , I get pop ups from hell as it basically takes over my computer! Should be a damn crime to host a file sharing site like that!!

I've tried probably 10 times so far to get the newer Potrero de los Funes track from here >>> http://www.mediafire.com/file/6s19n8bhs6bq79f/potrerov3.rar/file

And I can't get it to work this time at all. Anyone share a different link for me on this? I hate to keep asking for anything , but being new to AC , I'm way behind and trying to get caught up. Sooner or later I'll have a big library , and my google drive full to help feed the newbie's.
Use Adblock Genesis and the Adblock together if you're using Chrome, works wonders.

New ACR mods.

Wait a minute, is this the same ACR as AC Reworked that got shut down a while ago? Since when did he became one of the bad guys? As far as I remember, the mods on his site were free and they drove pretty well unlike the scamfest copy paste jobs from RTM/Simdream.

Yes same here, I suggest for this track in particular, as I tried it earlier, to use _Sol broken clouds, as a quick fix. it gives a nice result, I think.:)
I tend to use Sol's 'Windy' weather, as it's the closest to the old 'Autumn' one from GBW. I love the blue sky peppered with dark rain clouds, and the way the light changes as you move between shade and light. Set the wind speed to around 15mph for the best experience.
This is by far my favourite of the Sol weathers, it not only looks fantastic but also creates a great atmosphere.
Try it if you haven't already - I think you'll be impressed.

Wait a minute, is this the same ACR as AC Reworked that got shut down a while ago? Since when did he became one of the bad guys? As far as I remember, the mods on his site were free and they drove pretty well unlike the scamfest copy paste jobs from RTM/Simdream.

Two different groups - ACR = Assetto Corsa Racer.

There is a Motegi track for AC, but it is so bad and ugly...:ill:
One is being worked on, but it's taking forever...

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/twin-ring-motegi-wip.150792/

motegi5e.jpg

Last edited:
Guy's.....any advice on how to set up a Google drive storage? They give me a free 15gb one , but if I wanted to upgrade to a 100gb storage , and set it up in a way that I could share a link here to a file I have , without that person being able to just wander through my entire google drive.....how do I make a part of it private , and part of it public?
Want to share a file? Open access by reference in the file menu. Nobody can see anything except this file.

Hi guys, I was looking for the "Preluk" track, you know if someone created it or converted it for AssettoCorsa?
If you can pass me the link .... Thanks

Hey,
Masscot inspired me with his post where he mentioned "Autopolis always being a bit bleached and washed out, like a lot of older NFS Shift conversions are" and "I guess it'd be relatively easy to apply a universal one-hit correction to all of the textures". He brought me to think about it. But doing this not with Photoshop, but with free tools. At least I found a way doing this. But I think it could be tweaked a little better.
However Masscot meant to post my actual results here and now I´m asking for feedback. I´m developing, testing and tweaking it the whole day, and now my eyes are hypertensive to see the relevant. ;)
https://we.tl/t-fgmBI9Qkpb

What do you mean, is it darkened and saturated enough or could it be even more or less?
There are 2 skins, the textures, now saturated and darkened, and so the old billboards too. So combining the textures with gladbecker82´s new Super GT billboards is possible.
Have anybody a idea what other tracks could need this kind of treature too? Saturating and darkening a bit.
I´ve uploaded 2 screenshots as a short preview. :)

:cheers:

#skin, #autopolis

Attachments

• orig_autopolis_oita_20-4-119-17-16-20.jpg
    orig_autopolis_oita_20-4-119-17-16-20.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 82
  • vivid3_autopolis_oita_20-4-119-17-15-40.jpg
    vivid3_autopolis_oita_20-4-119-17-15-40.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Hey,
Masscot inspired me with his post where he mentioned "Autopolis always being a bit bleached and washed out, like a lot of older NFS Shift conversions are" and "I guess it'd be relatively easy to apply a universal one-hit correction to all of the textures". He brought me to think about it. But doing this not with Photoshop, but with free tools. At least I found a way doing this. But I think it could be tweaked a little better.
However Masscot meant to post my actual results here and now I´m asking for feedback. I´m developing, testing and tweaking it the whole day, and now my eyes are hypertensive to see the relevant. ;)

What do you mean, is it darkened and saturated enough or could it be even more or less?
There are 2 skins, the textures, now saturated and darkened, and so the old billboards too. So combining the textures with gladbecker82´s new Super GT billboards is possible.
Have anybody a idea what other tracks could need this kind of treature too? Saturating and darkening a bit.

Looks incredible, a massive improvement! Can't wait to test this later when I'm back home. Fantastic stuff!

I can't think of any other bleached tracks off the top of my head right now, but there are quite a few that would benefit from this treatment.

Anyone got a solution for the flickering trees? I'm guessing it's the tree textures z-fighting, or are there two overlapping textures maybe?

Hey,

Definitely way better when darkened up like that. I have noticed quite a few tracks that seem " bleached " as well , and would look way better if darkened up a bit.

@Kran.......thank you for the advice.

@Fanapryde ......Thank you for the Ambush link. The track wouldn't run though , as it said it was " Missing or no spline " in the file. I know that track isn't everyones cup of tea , but I've always dug it.

On a side note : with me being really new to AC , last night I drove a couple tracks that blew my mind. Okutama and Potrero De Los Funes. I have personally never driven on such a high detailed , impressive looking tracks like these , and with high frame rates to boot. Again , I'm new , so I'm not sure who converted these wonderful tracks , but my god I will take more of those any time I can find them! Incredible!

@Fanapryde ......Thank you for the Ambush link. The track wouldn't run though , as it said it was " Missing or no spline " in the file. I know that track isn't everyones cup of tea , but I've always dug it.

On a side note : with me being really new to AC , last night I drove a couple tracks that blew my mind. Okutama and Potrero De Los Funes. I have personally never driven on such a high detailed , impressive looking tracks like these , and with high frame rates to boot. Again , I'm new , so I'm not sure who converted these wonderful tracks , but my god I will take more of those any time I can find them! Incredible!

I'm sure somebody here will help you with a working link for Ambush!

Okutama and Potrero are indeed great (that while the first Portrero versions were utter crap)...:D
Try Fat Alfies Feldbergring (and Deutschlandring) too...amazing tracks.

I'm sure somebody here will help you with a working link for Ambush!

Okutama and Potrero are indeed great (that while the first Portrero versions were utter crap)...:D
Try Fat Alfies Feldbergring (and Deutschlandring) too...amazing tracks.

Thanks man , and no worries!! Glad you got me a way to at least get the track. Like what Cote mentions above , I'll play around in CM and see if I can get it to work. When CM say's " No spline "........that means there is no Ai line? This could be a learning experience for me.

@Clubber_Lang I tried, see the AI.lane attached.

It does not work, you will see why when you try it, also only use one opponent, you will understand why.:dopey:
it would need a starting grid to begin with, but also better track boundaries.:dunce:

Only good for hotlapping.

Attachments

• fast_lane.zip
    126.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Anyone got a solution for the flickering trees? I'm guessing it's the tree textures z-fighting, or are there two overlapping textures maybe?

I've got it.
I try to explane it in my english..... To solve the flickering trees issue at Autopolis you need a tree's texture with the two half (left and right) identical and obviously mirrored.
So you can open the trees textures, select i.e. the left half, copy, paste, flip horizontally and put over the right half. That's all :cheers:

Ema
I've got it.
I try to explane it in my english..... To solve the flickering trees issue at Autopolis you need a tree's texture with the two half (left and right) identical and obviously mirrored.
So you can open the trees textures, select i.e. the left half, copy, paste, flip horizontally and put over the right half. That's all :cheers:
sounds like something i could do in an update to my skin tomorrow. nice trick :gtpflag:

Currently I work on Jyllandsringen graphics update . What about flickering billboards? How can these be repaired? The track has some large billboards which flicker but as you move on and get closer the flickering stops. Like a LOD switch from B to A or something.

upload_2019-4-21_0-48-46.png

I'm fixing the colliders (all 180° reversed) to the WTCR 2018 cars and Shaun Clarke's Seat Leon.
Any idea why the collider on the Cupra does this odd thing?
Also for the Audi RS3.

Ema
I've got it.

Can I ask which version of Autopolis you guy's are running? The version I have now is over two years old , and I don't remember seeing a newer version any where. I got Masscot's billboard pack , but I don't think it's for the track I have.

@ Cote......Thank you for you explanation of the Ambush track , very much appreciated! Maybe one day someone will convert it the right way , like the ACU tracks.

@Delpinski.......Man , I just wanted to say thanks for a track you did a while back ( Varano ). I ran it for the first time this morning , very fun indeed! A week ago when I first found this thread , I started way back on page 50. I made it all the way to the end here , until my brain literally started to melt with all the info I was taking in. In that entire read , and a while ago , I saw you asking questions and so forth and learning this whole modding process.....you have come a long ways from what I can tell , and I always look forward towards the work you put out! Thanks BTW!

View attachment 815770
I'm fixing the colliders (all 180° reversed) to the WTCR 2018 cars and Shaun Clarke's Seat Leon.
Any idea why the collider on the Cupra does this odd thing?
Also for the Audi RS3.
That is very easy to correct, the dimension and the position of the collider box are in the collider.ini, in the data folder. If you look at it in CM showroom you can see the alterations done in the .ini in real time.
The box only react to the ground, the collider.kn5, that is shown in iridescent Colors is the one doing the contact to the car.

Can I ask which version of Autopolis you guy's are running? The version I have now is over two years old , and I don't remember seeing a newer version any where. I got Masscot's billboard pack , but I don't think it's for the track I have.

I haven't done a billboard pack for Autopolis, only Okutama and Miami Bayside.
Make sure you follow the correct folder structure when adding track skins otherwise they won't work. Check how the recent Gran Turismo/SuperGT billboard update (Autopolis) is done.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back