Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,299 comments
Thanks guys! It turns out I had a very old version of the track ROAD AMERICA. Now everything is OK!
Track apricothill has artifacts in the sky. The propeller of the helicopter is also not in place.
On the track, hidden_valley_raceway, too, is an artifact in the sky.
To whom can I give these and future mistakes for repair?

Hey Kran, first of all. As you seen with your version of Road America, sometimes updates could fix your issues. You shuold allways look first, if there are any updates. My versions of both tracks didn´t have descripted issues. Hidden Valley v2.15, Apricot Hill Raceway v0.85
And second, normally the trackbuilders themselves should imho fix issues from their tracks.

Hey Kran, first of all. As you seen with your version of Road America, sometimes updates could fix your issues. You shuold allways look first, if there are any updates. My versions of both tracks didn´t have descripted issues. Hidden Valley v2.15, Apricot Hill Raceway v0.85
And second, normally the trackbuilders themselves should imho fix issues from their tracks.
Thank you, I updated Road America. But I have the same versions of these tracks, but there are problems. Hidden Valley v2.15, Apricot Hill Raceway v0.85

2.15 Are there any updates?
I don't think so. I have also v2.15 (supposedly from Rainmaker & Joshuax), but on my system it (mostly the trees) look overexposed. Which is why I asked for your version because the trees are rather dark).
Even if I change the time of day to early morning or late afternoon (SOL-Windy) the effect is not very good.

But I have no issues with strange flying artifacts...

sometimes deleting whole folder of track before unpack current version helps too. some old needles **** could interfere with newer files and causes ****** things. :)

Balloons and Billboards (10 sets) for Bernese Alps.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/balloons-and-billboards-for-bernese-alps.26604/

wn0QgSe.jpg

DQ8XqDs.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think so. I have also v2.15 (supposedly from Rainmaker & Joshuax), but on my system it (mostly the trees) look overexposed. Which is why I asked for your version because the trees are rather dark).
Even if I change the time of day to early morning or late afternoon (SOL-Windy) the effect is not very good.

But I have no issues with strange flying artifacts...
This is what I have

Hi guys i don't mean to be a pain but i want the Anglesey track off RD but can't sign up there as they barred me due to not being a Lewis Hamilton fan.
Obviously it is a free mod but locked behind a wall. Any way i can get it as the whole point of these free mods is for the players and RD dont own them.

SOL 1.0 last on the RD.
CSP 0.1.25 \ 86
Hm, latest SOL is 1.1.1 on RD. I have SOL 1.2 Beta 1 and CSP 0.1.25-preview74
You could try to reset your "General patch settings", especially the optimizations. "Merge meshes" for example mades sometimes issues. I have it disabled. But this is only guessing.

Hm, latest SOL is 1.1.1 on RD. I have SOL 1.2 Beta 1 and CSP 0.1.25-preview74
You could try to reset your "General patch settings", especially the optimizations. "Merge meshes" for example mades sometimes issues. I have it disabled. But this is only guessing.
I installed Sol 1.1.1., But nothing has changed, the artifacts rotate in one place. Tried on 49 and 74, nothing changes.
"Merge meshes" is not activated. I do not know the reason for this. If we don’t manage to solve, I’m not upset.
This does not affect the speed of the car!:lol:

Attachments

• hidden_valley_raceway.png
    hidden_valley_raceway.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 46
  • apricothill.png
    apricothill.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 47
OK, thanks. 👍
It is exactly the same as my version.
So my overexposed trees are probably related to custom shaders/sol (running the latest versions).
In such cases, I am helped by a set of filters with RD. I forgot the name, but here's a screenshot.

Attachments

• InkedDesktop Screenshot 2019.05.03 - 14.00.09.81_LI.jpg
    InkedDesktop Screenshot 2019.05.03 - 14.00.09.81_LI.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 32
wow, full time on that 911... tried the previous version, and it really looks great. (it had some problems with the pirelli texture on the tires that was not arched)
About the physics, for my taste it sticks a bit to well to the road, but than again, I am used to vintage porsches... never had the chance to drive a recent model.

Thanks for the update! a really great model.

911 RWB further improvements:
https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR0XToN8w...C!EZs2iG73yDEU-6sGYBVDU2ViHkTWlxo59YSGOUeLO8g

59039471_2297935600524941_585774152661598208_o.jpg

Credits:

Leandro Bernal - Creator / Convertor
Assetto Corsa Racer Team - Physics
Peter Utecht - Numerous Visual Updates
Guliani Gabrielle - Jennabelle Skin
Mike Rudland - Fixed Windows and Mirrors
Dan Bucsa (Our Racing Simulator Team) - See Extensive Changelog...
Timo Laciny (Our Racing Simulator Team) - Tyres, Aero, Setups and Red RWB / Super Musashi Akira Skins

Porsche 911 RWB Changelog

Fixed front lights object glitching through the front bumper by deleting redundant object
Replaced steering wheel rack logo
Improved body map with 2k higher quality
Replaced Porsche brake caliper logo with Brembo logo
Replaced rollcage texture
Improved sunstrip with x2 resolution texture and made RAUH-Welt logo transparent
Fixed missing rim blur by enabling render of 3D object and setting transparency to opaque
Fixed paint white map by cleaning texture
Improved gauges glass model and material
Improved all interior coloured gauges by cleaning texture and increasing resolution
Added more colours on gauges
Removed fake mileage from gauges for now, will be added correctly to work with Shaders Patch later
Removed faulty alpha on some skins
Added more colours on seatbelts
Added more colours on wheels, rollcage and brake calipers
Added more colors on sunstrips
Colour coordinated all the skins better to make them look more striking to the eye
Added more skins
Added Jennabelle skin, increased resolution x2 and remastered texture
Increased resolution x2 and remastered texture of RAUH Passion skin
Increased resolution x2 and remastered texture of Stella Artois skin
Removed front licence plates
Increased resolution x2 and remastered texture of rear licence plates
Added more cool licence plates
Changed steering wheel and added color centre strip
Added steering wheel Porsche / Momo decals
Changed steering wheel quick release base
Improved interior materials
Further improved windows and their materials to allow for external reflections but not internal
Fixed glitching wheel blur

Plus

Added detailed car description in UI
Setup matching UI tags
Added matching livery icons
Added high quality consistent previews
Setup Assetto Corsa driver skin
Added car manufacturer crew porsche3
Added car manufacturer AC billboard
Setup maching car manufacturer logo for menu and race UI
Edited car model with fixes and improvements
Edited all car skins with fixes and improvements
Created and edited JSON skin files
Updated correct ambient shadows
Edited car.ini and added extra variables
Edited tyres.ini and added extra variables
Setup cockpit cam for generic 76FOV
Setup consistent F6 cams
Setup bonnet and bumper cams
Setup chase cams
Setup dash cam
Pushed maximum LOD
Created Assetto Corsa (Our Racing Simulator) licence plates black and white
Optimized all files in data folder
Created data.acd
Added changelog.pdf
Added credits.pdf file to record all contributing modders
Added issues.txt for what still needs to be fixed
Added improvements.txt for suggestions and requests
Added mission_statement.pdf
Much more...

Dan Bucsa - Our Racing Simulator Team (02/05/2019)
Thanks so much for including a version number and a changelog within the file itself. Relatively small touches like that really help keep everything organized.

So many times I'll see a great mod that must have taken 100's of hours to create, but then the file itself is named "Content.7z" :banghead:

Thanks so much for including a version number and a changelog within the file itself. Relatively small touches like that really help keep everything organized.

So many times I'll see a great mod that must have taken 100's of hours to create, but then the file itself is named "Content.7z" :banghead:

Dude, the car is inside the content folder. Are you new to Assetto?
Copy or cut the Content folder, and then paste it into the folder i have marked here. you see where it is.

You can also just click on that content folder, on cars and just copy the car
Screenshot (390).png

Maybe @delpinsky could add functional wipers to that 993 911 RWB? It seems to be lacking them. It's a great model otherwise. Kudos to those helping to improve it. 👍

Edit: Also does anyone have a good brand logo for RWB company? I don't like that it's listed as Porsche...

Dude, the car is inside the content folder. Are you new to Assetto?
Copy or cut the Content folder, and then paste it into the folder i have marked here. you see where it is.

You can also just click on that content folder, on cars and just copy the car
View attachment 818453
LOL, I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Of course the car is in there (duh). That's not what I'm talking about at all (been playing AC since the first beta, 1003 hours total, 372gb folder size).

zpYTQ6J.jpg

By including a changelog and version number (the latter within the filename itself), you can determine exactly which of the many (in this case) "Porsche 911 RWB" mods this one is. Otherwise, good luck figuring it out later if you need to reinstall or you're just trying to keep up with which one is the latest (without laboriously opening up the archive and checking, say, the file creation date on the data.acd).

Tracks are even worse, since there's usually no single file within the archive that will tell you if the version you're looking at is the latest. The ACtrackreboot tracks were really bad about this, so I always added a version number to the filename. Normally with software, you include a version number either in a readme or in the filename itself. This is pretty basic stuff - especially when you're talking about such a prolific and fast-paced modding scene.

You've already seen in this very thread a guy who had issues because he had an old version of a track. There are now thousands of car and track mods, and probably 10's of thousand of skins. Unless you're someone who installs immediately, deletes the archive and then just uses CM to keep up with everything (dangerous, since a drive failure would wipe out years of collected mods, including some like ACtrackreboot that you can't easily replace), you'll need some sort of organizational system. Appropriate filenames really help with that.

Anyway, it's much appreciated when the author includes some sort of version number, preferably within the filename itself. The worst example is when they don't include any identifying information at all, which is where the "Content.7z" comment came from.

Surely, after expending hundreds of hours of work, it's worth actually naming the file?

Last edited:
Maybe @delpinsky could add functional wipers to that 993 911 RWB? It seems to be lacking them. It's a great model otherwise. Kudos to those helping to improve it. 👍
Since the original modder is working on the car, he should do that or, in case he just reworks visually the car, somebody should tell him I can do the wiper animation, if he likes the idea.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back