Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,299 comments
That damage model does look amazing. But I think there are two things that stop it from becoming a reality in AC;

1) AC physics engine limitations
2) Lack of modeled engine compartments on cars

Guys, are you interested in some time trial with modded content? I would like to start a thread in AC Club & League and the time trial should always last for a week. I will indicate the download links for each track or car. It can be a mixture of Kunos tracks and mod cars and / or vice versa. If you are interested, give a hint here. Otherwise I will scrap it. I will always try to make interesting combos, each for a special event which is during that period and / or some kind of memorial. I have something in my mind for the first one. Let me know your thoughts.

Guys, are you interested in some time trial with modded content? I would like to start a thread in AC Club & League and the time trial should always last for a week. I will indicate the download links for each track or car. It can be a mixture of Kunos tracks and mod cars and / or vice versa. If you are interested, give a hint here. Otherwise I will scrap it. I will always try to make interesting combos, each for a special event which is during that period and / or some kind of memorial. I have something in my mind for the first one. Let me know your thoughts.
Why not? but it shouldnt lead to spam with laptimes. but sure we can do this, if someone keeps records :)

I wonder why some developers hide themselves behind the statement: "Licence agreements forbid us to create the visual damage we want..."
If GT5 did already and now iRacing, I wonder why a detailed damage model can't be done.
probably too much time. just like URD doesnt model doors anymore.

I wonder why some developers hide themselves behind the statement: "Licence agreements forbid us to create the visual damage we want..."
If GT5 did already and now iRacing, I wonder why a detailed damage model can't be done.
The work that would have to be done is insane for really high quality damage, so I get why a company such as kunos have skipped it.

Its a lot of work, if a hood falls off you now need to model and texture an engine, same with bumpers, wheel arches etc etc. Not only that they will have to make LODs adaptive to the state of the car. All of this drastically increases the poly count and all of us here have tried enough 1billion poly mods to know it is not like it has a small impact on performance, fine for me and my powerful pc, not fine for little jimmy jenkins using Intel hd 4000 fighting tooth and nail for 30fps at 800x600(slight overreaction :P). Kunos were really strict with maintaining their minimum requirements which surprised me, the one time it changed in early access was with the addition of Yebis 2 post processing getting added.

That and I think Ferrari would hire five guys named Sal to thump you if you suggested having high quality damage for their brand new £300,000 supercar.

GT5 damage looks good enough for a not super powerful machine as a PS3. I would pay for that kind of damage :D
If we will see a Porsche with parts flying around in iRacing maybe something's changing...
We don't need a total destrusction of the cars, but part disconnected should fly away and a nice body deformation would be very welcome.

That and I think Ferrari would hire five guys named Sal to thump you if you suggested having high quality damage for their brand new £300,000 supercar.
More like their F1 cars. Ferrari is too picky with them. The F10 and F2007 didn't even make a comeback in GT6 from GT5, and from what I remember they in GT5 didn't have damage unlike all the other cars in the game. :(

More like their F1 cars. Ferrari is too picky with them. The F10 and F2007 didn't even make a comeback in GT6 from GT5, and from what I remember they in GT5 didn't have damage unlike all the other cars in the game. :(
True. Ferrari doesnt want their cars to be damaged or modified.
Two examples would be the "Purrari" from Deadmau5
Download (2).jpg

Or the modified F40 LM which had the roof removed and an engine upgrade. Ferrari forced both owners to remove the Ferrari-Logo from their cars
er.jpg

Just a tip, if you do it don't put it in the Clubs & League subforum or even in the online racing section. I don't think many/any PC guys look in there anymore so it probably wouldn't get any attention. Just put it out here in the main section, if a mod moves it to the online racing section try to protest because that will likely be the death knell for it. I had a little club several years ago, it did decently but as soon as they created that subforum and moved my thread there it began to die and eventually petered out because it removed it from everyone's view. Same thing happened to a friend's club.

Post #8081
But it does not seem to work for Jerez, where I have a similar issue:
Put file in ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\ and rename it to jerez.ini
Should work.

@Kran shure you have the latest version from https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-america.7095/ ?
Or which version from Road America do you mean? I don´t have any issues with the latest version from racedepartment.

#config, #fix, #tweak, #horizon, #Jerez

Attachments

• jerez.ini.txt
    136 bytes · Views: 28
Last edited:
Fantastic, nice I could help. :)
gtplanet don´t let upload certain files. So you had to rename the txt file. Sorry for the circumstances.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-270#post-12715014 has the same text.

Do you have any issues with Road America too? I can´t reproduce the issue Kran have.

Well, I actually copied the extra lines into the jerez.ini file I had. :D

I seem to have missed your earlier post holding the fix :embarrassed:

No issues on Road America here (I'm using the Albert McSaltens v3.6 conversion).

Edit: btw: I posted the Jerez issue on Discord, had no answer yet and took the liberty to add your jerez.ini file to my post, as a solution. Hope you don't mind ?

Last edited:
Thanks guys! It turns out I had a very old version of the track ROAD AMERICA. Now everything is OK!
Track apricothill has artifacts in the sky. The propeller of the helicopter is also not in place.
On the track, hidden_valley_raceway, too, is an artifact in the sky.
To whom can I give these and future mistakes for repair?

Attachments

• photo_2019-05-02_13-41-20.jpg
    photo_2019-05-02_13-41-20.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 37
  • photo_2019-05-02_13-39-58.jpg
    photo_2019-05-02_13-39-58.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 38
  • photo_2019-05-02_13-39-49.jpg
    photo_2019-05-02_13-39-49.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 37
I change the viewing angle and the artifacts disappear. What could it be?

Attachments

• hidden_valley_raceway_0.png
    hidden_valley_raceway_0.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 32
  • hidden_valley_raceway_1.png
    hidden_valley_raceway_1.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 30
  • hidden_valley_raceway_2.png
    hidden_valley_raceway_2.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 32
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back