Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,840 comments
I like to take screenshots, thanks to the mods community the graphics became much better and almost realistic, but one thing that usually tells that the picture is fake is the driver inside the car. Most of them lack shadows and depth.

Is there any way the "fix" it, please? :dopey:
Thanks!

Last edited:
Can somebody share his/her setups for FH21? If it possible can you describe them by F1 game's presets? (Very HDF, HDF, Base, LDF, Very LDF, Quali) or based on tracks of the last 2 seasons?

I'm so bad at configuring the car, every track at 2nd gear I'm spinning out and messing the lap up.

At least can you group them? Thit one goes for this, this, this track and that one is good for that, that, that...

Buenas tardes.

I'm trying to convert an old mod, the showroom shows me the car but when trying to use it I get these errors, does anyone know what it could be?

1636485315635.png
1636485328301.png

I think @damone13x has all his tracks here:

But Mega is acting weird right now so I can't double check.

Thanks Ken, much appreciated. I think if you look in each layout's data folder you'll see a surfaces.ini file. Open with text editor (back it up first obviously), and try messing around with the Kerb vibration gain and length numbers. Hit save to store changes each time to see if it's doing what you want. This might cause issues for on-line play obviously. I'm assuming lower numbers will smooth them out more. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
I think @damone13x has all his tracks here:

But Mega is acting weird right now so I can't double check.

Thanks Ken, much appreciated. I think if you look in each layout's data folder you'll see a surfaces.ini file. Open with text editor (back it up first obviously), and try messing around with the Kerb vibration gain and length numbers. Hit save to store changes each time to see if it's doing what you want. This might cause issues for on-line play obviously. I'm assuming lower numbers will smooth them out more. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Hi. Had a play with surfaces ini file changed gain to 0.3 on kerb. It feels a lot better now. I don’t know if you had noticed after the first bend on the left hand side the green surface throws up dirt if you drive on it. Many thanks.

Can somebody share his/her setups for FH21? If it possible can you describe them by F1 game's presets? (Very HDF, HDF, Base, LDF, Very LDF, Quali) or based on tracks of the last 2 seasons?

I'm so bad at configuring the car, every track at 2nd gear I'm spinning out and messing the lap up.

At least can you group them? Thit one goes for this, this, this track and that one is good for that, that, that...
Since you are spinning out in second gear it sounds like you have a driving issue, not a setup issue. However, if you need general setup help, I can probably help you with some basics, to get a good foundation.

In 2nd gear you have to really feather the throttle on these cars because in slow turns there is very little downforce to rely on. It often pays to short shift up to 3rd. Rather than start tuning I think I would try to get to know the car better. Start slow and gradually build up speed.

has anyone got a link to a decent version of Santa Fe if possible. the one in the spreadsheet has two tone trees and the track looks crazy when coming back around. ive seen this on the web

that is a different version right?

I know a version of Santa Fe but it is a paymod.

Any feedback on physiks are welcome on all the gt4's , this will give food to people making physik for those cars , when I don t know ^^ but they said , they will ;)
I don't know if someone already told you, but there is the same problem of the alpine: the steer angle is excessive (like a drift car). I've noticed also that there's something floatin' around the front brake calipers while turning (I'll post a screenshot, I think it's the brake caliper logo). :cheers: In spite of everything, nice job :D

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    112 KB · Views: 17
Since this seems to be version 1.05, to what version is this update meant for? I have version 1.3, and it already has Rain+Grass FX, so your version number may be a bit confusing.
Its redlex and mine comfig not related to that one and full 3d surroundings Sintra hills in 3d

Its redlex and mine comfig not related to that one and full 3d surroundings Sintra hills in 3d
You should have updated the 1.1 version, with permission, and named it estoril2021 (if it includes newer features). The other option would be an "update" with your mountains separately as a KN5, new models.ini files that include the mountains KN5, and the ext_config.ini with lines added to hide the old terrain in ext_config.

Try raising the diff preload and/or diff power.

Having said that, set ups are so personal that asking for someone else's setup will probably not help you. I encourage you to start playing with all the setting's adjustments, one at a time, and document what you perceive that changes. Make large changes so it exxagerates the adjustment. Search the internet for general tips on real or virtual car setup to help you understand what the adjustments do.

Last edited:
Hey guys, silly question here but I drive a lot more older cars so I tend to use a more conventional round steering wheel which has no buttons.
My issue is I have the head lights assigned to a keyboard button but that doesn't seem to work in game? Instead I have to switch out my steering wheels to my Fanatec F1 wheel so I can press the assigned button on that wheel so the head lights will switch on.
Once I do that the keyboard assigned button then works but only to switch between high and low beams but not on or off. Is there a way around this or am I doing something wrong here?
I'd much rather not have to switch my steering wheels constantly just to be able to switch on my head lights. Why woulnd't the keyboard assignment work?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Hey ya'll, I'm starting my next track skin for Reboot Team's Lime Rock Park. When I went to override the textures for the track, I received this error. Any suggestions on how to fix this without altering the file structure and getting in possible trouble would be greatly appreciated. And yes, it'll be a 80s Camel GT skin once again, who would have thought. :lol:
oops.PNG

Since you are spinning out in second gear it sounds like you have a driving issue, not a setup issue. However, if you need general setup help, I can probably help you with some basics, to get a good foundation.
most of issues are mine, i agree. but some tracks, the car is just on ice, couldn't be drive on.

it'll very helpfull at least to get some tips on how to set it up

The squashed logo on the Dunlop balloon at Knockhill was giving me kittens (I know you weren't responsible Kev) so here's a direct replacement if anyone wants it.

View attachment 1092706

This Kwik-Fit balloon might be more appropriate than the Rockstar one on this track too.

View attachment 1092707

Excuse me for asking, I see your incredible work on these and on some of the many other balloons other have created. Is it possible to find out who do these? I am a student hot air balloon pilot and private fixed wing pilot and have been crewing for hot air balloons since I was 6 years old and am in contact with many east coast USA pilots. If I could learn how to recreate them and put them in the game or at least show off some designs for a future request that would be great! Attached is the one I crew for, Spellbound Spirit 3

Attachments

• Spellbound_Spirit_3.jpg
    Spellbound_Spirit_3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 12
Any feedback on physiks are welcome on all the gt4's , this will give food to people making physik for those cars , when I don t know ^^ but they said , they will ;)
Great stream of updates :cheers:

I don't seem to be able to maintain tyre temp in the Ginetta G55 GT4. Might just be telementry cos lap times and driveability are not wildly different from others? I mean it's a tiny bit oversteer-y but.. expected, right?

I'm looking for A GOOD SOUL who can do me this favor, I tried but I can't, also because I don't know how to use editing programs. I would like to have these two skins on this car, Audi 80 Competition (I have the mod link). I know this is a tough job, so thank you very much to anyone who wanted to help me. 🙏❤️
marcel-erner-custom-showroom-1529768066.jpg
15330785175_4a8b3b5cea_b.jpg

1992_Audi_80quattro25DTM1.jpg
Do you have a DL link for the car? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back