Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,841 comments
what difference with v1.3 ??? same track name and folders but more files and rain, grass FX ....
why not give the track another name ? estoril_reworked or estoril_2021 to be able to have the 2 versions

View attachment 1092867

I dont know what 1.3 version you guys are talking about its based on the original mitcha bonca version witch is the Rfactor 2 version

Comfig were done by redlex and me

Added the 3d surroudings and changed the tarmac texture all around since the track was been repaved :)

Any feedback on physiks are welcome on all the gt4's , this will give food to people making physik for those cars , when I don t know ^^ but they said , they will ;)
I feel - I could be wrong though - that the Ginetta is a bit too slow (as in about 4" at Brands GP e.g.) compared to real lap times for this car.
When I see the specs in the ui (440 bhp and 1406 kg !) and compare them to what I found on several sites, they seem to be off.
I saw BHP's between 355 and 380 and the weight difference seems to be huge since the actual car weight is only 1.085/1.100 kg for the GT4 model.
Shaun Clarke's (RIP) G55 GT4 (2020 model) is about 2.5" faster (specs 405 BHP, which is lower than real, and a 'correct' weight of 1.085 kg).
I have not altered tire pressure yet but at the default values it is relatively hard to keep them at temperature, even though the car is rather loose and is sliding quite a bit.

But that said, I really fancy Ginnetta's and this is a great car 👍

Last edited:
Excuse me for asking, I see your incredible work on these and on some of the many other balloons other have created. Is it possible to find out who do these? I am a student hot air balloon pilot and private fixed wing pilot and have been crewing for hot air balloons since I was 6 years old and am in contact with many east coast USA pilots. If I could learn how to recreate them and put them in the game or at least show off some designs for a future request that would be great! Attached is the one I crew for, Spellbound Spirit 3
Those both sound like really fun jobs. I've only been up in a hot air balloon a couple of times but absolutely loved it.
To reskin balloons in AC you basically need to extract a DDS texture from an existing balloon model using a 3D package (3DSimEd is fine for this), create a 'blank' 2D template at this stage for future use, edit the artwork in a graphics package like Photoshop or GIMP, then reapply the new DDS back onto the balloon model (again, 3DSimEd can do this).
It's not quite that simple though. You're wrapping a square DDS onto a complex 3D shape so the artwork (or template) needs compensating so that the aspect ratios of any logos etc look correct when mapped onto the balloon model, and remember that any art towards the base of the balloon (which is effectively an inverted cone) will get progressively 'pinched' the lower it goes. Balloon manufacturers use complex patterning software to manipulate complex artwork but that's not really necessary for AC balloons if you're careful with the design and placement.
You also need to consider clarity from quite far viewing distances and the fact that balloons are normally viewed from below. Some graphics that seemed suitable in 2D just don't look good when mapped onto balloons. Best ones use bold shapes and broad lines with solid colours rather than 'fine art' images.
It all gets a little more complicated if you want to add configs to make the balloons flare and light up randomly.

Last edited:
I dont know what 1.3 version you guys are talking about its based on the original mitcha bonca version witch is the Rfactor 2 version

Added the 3d surroudings and changed the tarmac texture all around since the track was been repaved :)
v1.3 (according to my ui (which I try to keep up to date) is from Mitja Bonca, updates by SilvAlfonso, Pestana58 and fixes by @slider666. Animated objects added (blimp, balloons, choppers and airliners) by @Masscot.
Your version overwrites the above.

Last edited:

The v1.3 version is the one I PM'd to you yesterday, it's an update that a few people here were involved in about a year ago when the RD version got abandoned. The link is still active.

edit: ninja'd by Fana.

Hey ya'll, I'm starting my next track skin for Reboot Team's Lime Rock Park. When I went to override the textures for the track, I received this error. Any suggestions on how to fix this without altering the file structure and getting in possible trouble would be greatly appreciated. And yes, it'll be a 80s Camel GT skin once again, who would have thought. :lol:
View attachment 1092851
I think you get this message if a kn5 referenced in models.ini can't be found.
The grass.kn5 was probably removed from the track folder when the track was 'rebooted' and GrassFX added but the reference to it got left in the models.ini
If you delete the reference in models.ini (you might need to renumber subsequent entries so they remain sequential) and try overwriting the textures again the error should be gone.

Last edited:

@petercrill @CrisT86 v1.3 by Slider (28.11.2020) with VOA Patch, Pit based from Mitja Bonca.
I will try to change some information in the ui folder and change the KN5 files so that we can also install your version 1.05 with version 1.3 in our game, then we can use the 2 versions in Assetto Corsa

Last edited:
v1.3 by Slider (28.11.2020) with VOA Patch, Pit based from Mitja Bonca
in the past i have updated the original conversion (don't remember if shared or not) and i was waiting for an update of the 3D sorround by Tiago Lima in order to update it to the new standard of my ext_config, but it's been a while since i spoke with him. The track i worked on was the base of Mitja Bonca and enhanced or reworked by SilvAfonso and it was a 1.0

Basically all this track are based on the same base conversion, which is the one of Mitja.

most of issues are mine, i agree. but some tracks, the car is just on ice, couldn't be drive on.

it'll very helpfull at least to get some tips on how to set it up
Buddy, no one will give you the settings that satisfy you! Absolutely every person, in different ways, feels the same car, you are no exception. Therefore, for example, my settings will not help you in any way. You need to learn to understand this yourself! Read the information on Google, and then experiment in the game, based on the information received. It is a pity that English is not my native language, I could explain a little about the settings of the car.
And finally, on different tracks you have to drive differently, even in almost the same turns. This is a Formula 1, not a serial sedan!
Good luck, everyone started with this, so I wish you patience! :gtpflag:

Good morning guys.
I am asking a question, does the 1990 version of the Hockenheimring track exist for Assetto Corsa .
Thanks for the kind answers.

ESTORIL v1.05
shared by @petercrill here

I modified the files from v1.05 so that we can install both versions in Assetto Corsa because the shared v1.3 already here had the same names and files. Now you can install @petercrill v1.05 without overwriting v1.3
I also fixed an error in the ui_track.json file so that the track is correctly recognized in the country Portugal and change .kn5 name and modified models____.ini files ....
Maybe other modifications are needed I don't know ....

@petercrill you can use my version for another update if you want
You can download this "estoril_2021" here :

Capture.JPG

v1.05 and v1.3 now in the game ;)

Capture2.JPG

Last edited:
Hey ya'll, I'm starting my next track skin for Reboot Team's Lime Rock Park. When I went to override the textures for the track, I received this error. Any suggestions on how to fix this without altering the file structure and getting in possible trouble would be greatly appreciated. And yes, it'll be a 80s Camel GT skin once again, who would have thought. :lol:
View attachment 1092851
CM is searching for a file called grass.kn5 since this must be somewhere mentioned in the models.ini.

Delete the line in the models.ini, extract all the textures and then do it vise-versa. Should be fine then.

I've downloaded estoril 2021 and...can anyone help me with this little mechanic? 😂

I do not know which file to correct this, otherwise hire real mechanics and not children :lol:
Umpa Lumpa mechanic mode on😂
thanks mate :D

There are several versions of 1988, but don't think 1990 exists... Have a look at this list:

Sure, there is no explicit 1990 version. But the 1988 ones cover the years 1982 (installation of a chicane before ostkurve) to 1991 (same chicane altered for the 1992 season, now entering from the left). See racingcircuits.info or wikipedia for further information.

ESTORIL v1.05
shared by @petercrill here

I modified the files from v1.05 so that we can install both versions in Assetto Corsa because the shared v1.3 already here had the same names and files. Now you can install @petercrill v1.05 without overwriting v1.3
I also fixed an error in the ui_track.json file so that the track is correctly recognized in the country Portugal and change kn5 name et modified models____.ini files ....
Maybe other modifications are needed I don't know ....

@petercrill you can use my version for another update if you want
You can download this "estoril_2021" here :
View attachment 1092886

v1.05 and v1.3 now in the game ;)

View attachment 1092887
What makes this "better" than 1.3? If it is just the background scenery could someone not combine boath since they are from the same source?

Sure, there is no explicit 1990 version. But the 1988 ones cover the years 1982 (installation of a chicane before ostkurve) to 1991 (same chicane altered for the 1992 season, now entering from the left). See racingcircuits.info or wikipedia for further information.
Agree but according to https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/germany/hockenheimring.html, the 1982-1991 has no chicane on Bremskurve2 but all the outline.jpg files are with a chicane. I suspect the "1988" versions are from "1992".
I can't check at this time (complete reinstallation of my AC...).

If anyone can check... :)

Last edited:
What makes this "better" than 1.3? If it is just the background scenery could someone not combine boath since they are from the same source?
I do not know I just made changes to be able to install the two versions in order to be able to compare, after my participation stops there everyone will do as they want ... ;)

Really, I lost the tracker with Estoril. Which one is the best version now?
some links for you skins expired and i cant find them anywhere, is it possible you could reupload links for;

1. "real life" track skin for VRC California (Willow Springs)
  2. 2007 grand prix of cleveand skin galore for Burke Lakefront Airport Track

cheers

Last edited:
Great stream of updates :cheers:

I don't seem to be able to maintain tyre temp in the Ginetta G55 GT4. Might just be telementry cos lap times and driveability are not wildly different from others? I mean it's a tiny bit oversteer-y but.. expected, right?
As it should be IRL. Not too much tho.
It is a caracteristic from GT4 Ginetta. Nimble, short wheelbase and a bit (just a tiny bit) more oversteer than others GT4.

BTW.
Sem título.png

Sem título2.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back