Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Of course man, i know. But as a starting point, a setup would be nice to begin with instead using default setup and working on it.

But I agree to you, I need to set it up for my driving style.
Many--if not most--default setups are ill-advised. Someone who's good at graphics or sound or even physics may not have any real-world experience driving the car in question on the street, much less in competition. He/she/they may not know a good setup from a grilled-cheese sandwich...or even care. Even if they know that a given value (camber, toe, gear ratios, wing angle, whatever) isn't ideal, they may not know which direction to go. Doug Arnao taught me long ago (when we were working on the "Grand Prix Legends" beta) what to look for...and what to do with it when you found it. It's true that no one setup will work for everyone (Schumacher loved kart-like still setups, which are the hardest to control; a soft setup has more grip but demands more precision), but a greater truth is that a good setup will work for most venues. Taking a good base-line setup and tweaking it to the way you drive is fine tuning. Getting to the base-line itself is the hard part...and it helps if you've had real-world experience and if you understand the particular physics involved (hysteresis, camber thrust, rake, center-of-pressure vs. speed, etc.). Start with the classic "Technique of Motor Racing" by Mille Miglia-winner Piero Taruffi, then Carroll Smith's "Drive to Win," and if you're still hungry, the Millikens' massive "Race Car Vehicle Dynamics."

Last edited:
Many--if not most--default setups are ill-advised. Someone who's good at graphics or sound or even physics may not have any real-world experience driving the car in question on the street, much less in competition. He/she/they may not know a good setup from a grilled-cheese sandwich...or even care. Even if they know that a given value (camber, toe, gear ratios, wing angle, whatever) isn't ideal, they may not know which direction to go. Doug Arnao taught me long ago (when we were working on the "Grand Prix Legends" beta) what to look for...and what to do with it when you found it. It's true that no one setup will work for everyone (Schumacher loved kart-like still setups, which are the hardest to control; a soft setup has more grip but demands more precision), but a greater truth is that a good setup will work for most venues. Taking a good base-line setup and tweaking it to the way you drive is fine tuning. Getting to the base-line itself is the hard part...and it helps if you've had real-world experience and if you understand the particular physics involved (hysteresis, camber thrust, rake, center-of-pressure vs. speed, etc.). Start with the classic "Technique of Motor Racing" by Mille Miglia-winner Piero Taruffi, then Carroll Smith's "Drive to Win," and if you're still hungry, the Millikens' massive "Race Car Vehicle Dynamics."
My mistake. The three books I mentioned will give you an in-depth grasp of the fundamentals...but of course they don't get at the most important development in auto racing since 1966: that is, aero. (There have been two lesser areas of innovation: shock absorber tech, and vastly more-complicated differentials, are now integral to motor racing.). I'm sorry, I can't recommend any books on these subjects (most of my knowledge in these fields has been gathered piecemeal). If any of you can suggest further reading in these areas, I'm all ears,

Last edited:
ESTORIL 2021 by Edit 101creative
  • new ui, .kn5 name modified, error fix, modified models.ini files by @ClaudioWRC74
  • the Pit bug has been fixed by @pugsang :cheers:
  • and thanks to @unpierrot too 👍
@petercrill maybe you want to create an official link for the mod and grab our version ? Edit 101creative is that you ?

⚠️ NEW link !!! (corrected also in the original post) ⚠️
You can re-download the mod here:

View attachment 1092973
did you take the 1.3 estoril and update some of the textures with the new stuff from today? I am seeing some things missing. Mainly the flying stuff. just want to make sure I have the right one when Cris updates it with his extension.

OMGG TOP, MY LOCAL TRACK!

But it would be cool to add the new type of kerbs on the track
Are we getting there?

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_gtm_bayro_6_estoril_2021_11-10-121-0-27-5.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtm_bayro_6_estoril_2021_11-10-121-0-27-5.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 21
So sorry for the stupid question but which estoril is now the best one to download? I'm confused.. 🤯
Just forget the 1.05, 1.3, 1.9, 2.7.

Get this one, is my fixed one and it is working: Estoril 2021

The only thing I complain is the lack of accuracy on the surroundings and on track.
But it's better than nothing.

Last edited:
im trying to fix up a few tracks and will release them here in a pack once done (unloved tracks that never had ext_configs)

i had a question, does anyone know how to sort shadow issues. the shadows pop in and out and then disappear as you drive towards them. a good example is Alcombe Farm

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
From FB. This is not my mod. Support the creators and FB group if you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Suzuki Tgn TGN Modding™️

RELEASE: BMW M135i Tuned 2013 [1.1]

Collaborating with Opperslang, TGN Modding Presents this particular BMW M135i Tuned! This car has been coming for a long time, and it's finally ready for a public release!

*I do expect a few bugs, so please report them to me using the comments section. *

V1.1 Change Includes the following updates, I've probably forgotten something..

• New HRE rims with HRE or BMW badge (Opperslang)
  • Reworked Physics! (TGN)
  • Decreased file size (Opperslang)
  • Carbon BMW badges (Opperslang)
  • Added maps (Opperslang)
  • Shader tweaks (Opperslang)
  • New paints (Opperslang x TGN)
  • Navigation (Opperslang)
  • Interior AO mapped (Opperslang)
  • Ext plastic AO mapped (Opperslang)
  • Akrapovic exhaust (Opperslang)
  • Tinted rear glass (Opperslang)
  • Exhaust smoke (Opperslang)
  • Exhaust Flames (TGN)
  • Self-Lighting (TGN)
  • Turn Signals (TGN)
  • Cluster (TGN)
  • Updated Materials (TGN)
  • Content Manager Paintshop (TGN)
  • PBR Materials (TGN)
  • PBR Glass (TGN)

This car features as replaced BMW M135i Facelift cluster, which wasn't originally fitted in this model year.

*I accept all kinds of feedback, but please make sure you're informative and respectful. *

Enjoy!

Updated data folder.
New Gearbox + Suspension.ini Fixed.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://mega.nz/file/ux9mVTaA?fbclid=IwAR1FLDPxGkn2NfAY4aLaD4RPrbPdmIp1DsFABZx5sY_3AB3e5RY4Tb3M5RU#YYcqAG7PiIQsol6RMdNY-T2nwy9O573QYEsyr8uJQhw&h=AT2vaha5bo1GlM5verTU3OAN3ivKdArEP4axcT-rT91r721iBebSgHc4bSso7ZrrNdac7DbRFdunp-Hrekajj2qgUh1ze8tRu-ym_OyVwA8Qa2NKqq_t-8SvZ0OH_xmKWYDLnFRSHqI-nH0jOA&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT0RPr4EAbvGqv1OUnvMWJ8iEH3Axs0eZBNcPdCd0aqatrOTV4LosRakCk1Fxs_WEbxdmehFfAhTnsm3eup0-DeeknfBvYE4-S-6lXGpmDPEGSHgNaXV9l9xt3eccFSu3_gF9Rwe8xpEoCJvL4Xm4YK0Kr-lvRxDw7EDCLjIRWJdvcgwM833Cjrm3SG0vCrvrZA1c_gIYiCyVWMYvuVahlw

Anyone else getting a stack of errors with this car? There's a warning to 'fix car' on the drive screen, which shows:

1636587021760.png

Version 0 tyres on a new mod? This can't be right, can it?
This is using the separate data.acd update.

Edit: no such errors using the data.acd that's packed in with the car download, but the new data.acd apparently has "New Gearbox + Suspension.ini Fixed".

Edit: other weirdness too - headlights are just a dim dull grey when illuminated, Bruce Lee shift animation...

Last edited:
Hey guys, silly question here but I drive a lot more older cars so I tend to use a more conventional round steering wheel which has no buttons.
My issue is I have the head lights assigned to a keyboard button but that doesn't seem to work in game? Instead I have to switch out my steering wheels to my Fanatec F1 wheel so I can press the assigned button on that wheel so the head lights will switch on.
Once I do that the keyboard assigned button then works but only to switch between high and low beams but not on or off. Is there a way around this or am I doing something wrong here?
I'd much rather not have to switch my steering wheels constantly just to be able to switch on my head lights. Why woulnd't the keyboard assignment work?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
Not at the rig at the moment but I think there's a button called "combine keyboard input" on the "buttons" page of the "controls" menu of "assetto corsa" tab in CM settings. Have you got this option checked or unchecked? I think you need to have it checked to map a button on your keyboard for lights rather than a button on the wheel. Even if you keep the wheel button for lights mapped there's an extra column on the right for keyboard buttons to map it.

Good morning guys.
I am asking a question, does the 1990 version of the Hockenheimring track exist for Assetto Corsa .
Thanks for the kind answers.
What exactly do you mean by the 1990 version of Hockenheim?
From research, Hockenheim's layout did not change until 1992, into it's last long-layout (not including run-off area changes)

Anyone else getting a stack of errors with this car? There's a warning to 'fix car' on the drive screen, which shows:

View attachment 1093018

Version 0 tyres on a new mod? This can't be right, can it?
This is using the separate data.acd update.

Edit: no such errors using the data.acd that's packed in with the car download, but the new data.acd apparently has "New Gearbox + Suspension.ini Fixed".
I added the updated data.acd file after installing the mod. No issues.

1636588271898.png

CORRECTION: I was analyzing the wrong car. Yes, it has issues. Replying with this to the FB post.

1636636498839.png

Last edited:
Agree but according to https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/germany/hockenheimring.html, the 1982-1991 has no chicane on Bremskurve2 but all the outline.jpg files are with a chicane. I suspect the "1988" versions are from "1992".
I can't check at this time (complete reinstallation of my AC...).

If anyone can check... :)
There are two different versions with "Bremkurve 2" chicanes:
1982-1991 has a quick right left chicane (which is in the 1988 version),if you look closely, there is a small chicane in the racingcircuits map for that time period.
Whereas the 1992-2001 (with slight first and third chicane reprofiles over time) layout has the full chicane as seen in another track mod (I got it somewhere in this thread ages go)

Last edited:
I added the updated data.acd file after installing the mod. No issues.

View attachment 1093024
Weird. I don't understand it. Could you please PM me your build of the whole car, I'll try to fix the shifting animation at least.
No idea why modders don't reupload the fixed car rather than do piecemeal downloads when there's an update. Seems like a fast track to chaos.

My mistake. The three books I mentioned will give you an in-depth grasp of the fundamentals...but of course they don't get at the most important development in auto racing since 1966: that is, aero. (There have been two lesser areas of innovation: shock absorber tech, and vastly more-complicated differentials, are now integral to motor racing.). I'm sorry, I can't recommend any books on these subjects (most of my knowledge in these fields has been gathered piecemeal). If any of you can suggest further reading in these areas, I'm all ears,
I would like to suggest Niki Lauda's "The Art and Science of Grand Prix Driving".

I would like to suggest Niki Lauda's "The Art and Science of Grand Prix Driving".
Thank you. Excellent choice, but even it is a bit antiquated: his last F1 race was in 1985. (Originally, I was also going to mention the piece Jim Hall and David E. Davis wrote--and I edited--on race car handling in CAR and DRIVER, but that was another whole generation earlier.)

Last edited:
So sorry for the stupid question but which estoril is now the best one to download? I'm confused
Thank you for this excellent question, particularly about Estoril, but not only. We are a little bit victim of the wealth of content available to us. It is great but like you, for a while now, even though I am here daily, I have often a hard time figuring what update goes where and super seed which version.:confused:

Technically RCVD covers those "new" things just fine, since its really a physics textbook about cars and all that involves in a moving car(and tires). The new things(especially on the dampers and diffs), are that they are no longer limited by their mechanical make up, but the fact that they can adapt to their immediate state. The understanding of what is ideal and then how to get to the ideal dynamically(especially in road cars, since racing is very much purposely restrictive) is what really moves the game in the recent years.

im trying to fix up a few tracks and will release them here in a pack once done (unloved tracks that never had ext_configs)

i had a question, does anyone know how to sort shadow issues. the shadows pop in and out and then disappear as you drive towards them. a good example is Alcombe Farm

View attachment 1093017
There's a bit of a thread about random shadows appearing, a little way back. @RMi_wood said:

sometimes 3dsimed messes with shadows... try this:

export track via CM to .fbx (enter+shift)
import .fbx with ksEditor
save .kn5
test
Helpful?

Can somebody share his/her setups for FH21? If it possible can you describe them by F1 game's presets? (Very HDF, HDF, Base, LDF, Very LDF, Quali) or based on tracks of the last 2 seasons?

I'm so bad at configuring the car, every track at 2nd gear I'm spinning out and messing the lap up.

At least can you group them? Thit one goes for this, this, this track and that one is good for that, that, that...
I know this is more of "give a man a fish and you feed him today, teach him to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" advice/help, and I know you just.want.a.fish 😂 but here are two Youtube channels that I have found really, really helpful:

Aris is the Vehicle Dynamics guy at Kunos. Enough said. A lot of the advice is ACC focussed, but the methodology is still relevant:

Scott at Driver61 teaches racing and SIM racing drivers every day. Whole channel in general, but two vids in particular:

and

Good luck

Not at the rig at the moment but I think there's a button called "combine keyboard input" on the "buttons" page of the "controls" menu of "assetto corsa" tab in CM settings. Have you got this option checked or unchecked? I think you need to have it checked to map a button on your keyboard for lights rather than a button on the wheel. Even if you keep the wheel button for lights mapped there's an extra column on the right for keyboard buttons to map it.
excellent! thanks for you help!

did you take the 1.3 estoril and update some of the textures with the new stuff from today? I am seeing some things missing. Mainly the flying stuff. just want to make sure I have the right one when Cris updates it with his extension.
I think modders interested in making improvements here, it is not up to me, I hope this circuit will be of interest to simracers

Thank you for this excellent question, particularly about Estoril, but not only. We are a little bit victim of the wealth of content available to us. It is great but like you, for a while now, even though I am here daily, I have often a hard time figuring what update goes where and super seed which version.:confused:
You're not alone. Estoril, COTA, Mexico... lots of tracks have received multiple updates from multiple sources in quick succession recently and it does get confusing unless you follow progress with forensic obsession.
Maybe some kind soul will upload the most complete and up-to-date versions of all these jigsaw tracks so that us old-timers can get back to our daytime naps.

Just forget the 1.05, 1.3, 1.9, 2.7.

Get this one, is my fixed one and it is working: Estoril 2021

The only thing I complain is the lack of accuracy on the surroundings and on track.
But it's better than nothing.
work for me, but just a little error in your ui_track.json it's Portugal" and not "Potrugal" to find the track in Portugal list in the CM
Capture.JPG

and which file should I use? I leave it like this ? thanks
Capture2.JPG

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back