Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,726 comments
Guys, I have an issue regarding tracks like rt_sonoma and vhe_interlagos. The issue is that I get very low fps on these tracks, like 25 to 40...instead in other tracks (kunos, and other mods) I get over 60 fps...I tried disabling SOL and CSP...but nothing. Those tracks are unplayable for me... Do you have some tips for me?

There are two different versions with "Bremkurve 2" chicanes:
1982-1991 has a quick right left chicane (which is in the 1988 version),if you look closely, there is a small chicane in the racingcircuits map for that time period.
Whereas the 1992-2001 (with slight first and third chicane reprofiles over time) layout has the full chicane as seen in another track mod (I got it somewhere in this thread ages go)
Fully agree. The layout 1992-2001 can be found in the Hockenheimring 2001 by Reiza Studios (included in the above-mentioned excel-list)

I managed to get on a few days ago - here U go

ACF - Diepholz DTM Update 1-grass Fixed.7z 27.6 MB
https://mega.nz/file/CxIxgQTB#MYBgd2RBZL-MFjZSbuHjlN3LZV0E-zdb6xMzZrFMqk8

and I also got these B4 not being able to connect any more -

ACF - Autodromo di Franciacorta Update 3.7z 89.0 MB
https://mega.nz/file/ysQFzSxA#yW5Oare4B68iIIWAq4pTNLP2IBwoMJAtZ9sdzvN0uGk

ACF - Magny Cours 2001.7z 25.6 MB
https://mega.nz/file/ftYBHYIb#cAGGbUli7QwEjyI9K2NOLRvsJYqEnaKcbe8ra12EDNc

ACF - Autodromo El Zonda v1.0.7z 53.4 MB
https://mega.nz/file/axRjxQbR#mt2bUsYX04DHqnthqJQVwNPId3HHEfqfCdaxpsZy4iE

ACF - Circuito da Boavista 2007.7z 72.3 MB
https://mega.nz/file/7xYBUAQL#6Yo5lEwo7j30gnlzysmdPcis3PCRhG_ZHk0mXokzpDI
Hi!
do u have original ACF_Franciacorta track to share?
thanks a lot

You're not alone. Estoril, COTA, Mexico... lots of tracks have received multiple updates from multiple sources in quick succession recently and it does get confusing unless you follow progress with forensic obsession.
Maybe some kind soul will upload the most complete and up-to-date versions of all these jigsaw tracks so that us old-timers can get back to our daytime naps.
My solution is simple: Just ignore them all and keep what I have. :)

You're not alone. Estoril, COTA, Mexico... lots of tracks have received multiple updates from multiple sources in quick succession recently and it does get confusing unless you follow progress with forensic obsession.
Maybe some kind soul will upload the most complete and up-to-date versions of all these jigsaw tracks so that us old-timers can get back to our daytime naps.
In fact i was hoping that Tiago was able to work with me in order to finish a final-2021-version, but is not happened.

I hope that the work i will do in the weekend will create the final-version, you're hoping for, even i'm not reboot team, LilSki or anyone which develop outstanding tracks.

Hi!
do u have original ACF_Franciacorta track to share?
thanks a lot
Yes I do and an AI package too, altho it's not one of mine, don't know who did the AI. I don't remember where I DL'd it from.

But I think that the updated version by CrisT86 is the better choice

Here's the original if needed tho.
TRACK

AI and track limits

And Greetings to all, I've been away for a while dealing with a death in my family. I think it will be a little while B4 I'm back in action.
My sister Sandy died from a bacterial infection that she was too weak to fight from having COVID for 2 months B4. So I'm not quite ready to start doing any serious AI work for a little bit yet. Both my parents are taking it really hard. I am taking care of their needs right now and have very little time for sim racing for the next several weeks.

Stay well every one
LSM

Yes I do and an AI package too, altho it's not one of mine, don't know who did the AI. I don't remember where I DL'd it from.

But I think that the updated version by CrisT86 is the better choice

Here's the original if needed tho.
TRACK

AI and track limits

And Greetings to all, I've been away for a while dealing with a death in my family. I think it will be a little while B4 I'm back in action.
My sister Sandy died from a bacterial infection that she was too weak to fight from having COVID for 2 months B4. So I'm not quite ready to start doing any serious AI work for a little bit yet. Both my parents are taking it really hard. I am taking care of their needs right now and have very little time for sim racing for the next several weeks.

Stay well every one
LSM
So sorry for your loss, for how big it can help, a big hug to you and your family for the loss of Sandy.

The problem is with the BMW M135i, not the Mercedes.
Yep, you're right. Long busy day yesterday. I replied to the FB post about the issues--he responded.

1636640916269.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
I kinda' like it. Could be a mod candidate.

Assetto Corsa - Mantorp Park

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_mantorp_11-10-121-14-47-30.jpg

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_mantorp_11-10-121-14-49-22.jpg

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_mantorp_11-10-121-14-47-50.jpg

I appreciate your covertions of the swedish tracks very much. :bowdown:
But like i mentioned 2 days ago (no answer) some of them have a horrible slow AI. This fact makes them kind of useless for racing against the AI.
Is there any plans to improve the tracks ? Or how do the AI in this case? Thanks

Technically RCVD covers those "new" things just fine, since its really a physics textbook about cars and all that involves in a moving car(and tires). The new things(especially on the dampers and diffs), are that they are no longer limited by their mechanical make up, but the fact that they can adapt to their immediate state. The understanding of what is ideal and then how to get to the ideal dynamically(especially in road cars, since racing is very much purposely restrictive) is what really moves the game in the recent years.
The laws of physics are, of course, fixed and immutable, but what we're talking about here is mechanics, i.e., applied physics. Items like differentials, which used to be simple devices consisting of a ring gear and a pinion only a couple of decades ago are now as complicated as a Large Hadron Collider. ACC reflects some of this, but AC remains, for the most part, as simple as a brass ruler.

Last edited:
From FB. This is not my mod. Support the creator and FB group if you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Suzuki TgnTGN Modding™️

31m ·

RELEASE: Ferrari 458 V1.2 TGN Edition!

If you've been in this group for awhile, you'd know that I released a Kunos 458 Edit a couple months ago! - I decided to update it! - Now it actually features PBR mats, and proper glass with self-lighting!

Enjoy the physics, this thing handles like a dream!
Thanks to Scibsound for creating one of the best soundmods out there, y'all should downshift at 5.500 RPM. Sounds like heaven.

Download Link:

255053190_376610950921167_1823491081780256659_n.jpg
Something is wrong with back lights, no working?

Anyone have update for this?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Many--if not most--default setups are ill-advised. Someone who's good at graphics or sound or even physics may not have any real-world experience driving the car in question on the street, much less in competition. He/she/they may not know a good setup from a grilled-cheese sandwich...or even care. Even if they know that a given value (camber, toe, gear ratios, wing angle, whatever) isn't ideal, they may not know which direction to go. Doug Arnao taught me long ago (when we were working on the "Grand Prix Legends" beta) what to look for...and what to do with it when you found it. It's true that no one setup will work for everyone (Schumacher loved kart-like still setups, which are the hardest to control; a soft setup has more grip but demands more precision), but a greater truth is that a good setup will work for most venues. Taking a good base-line setup and tweaking it to the way you drive is fine tuning. Getting to the base-line itself is the hard part...and it helps if you've had real-world experience and if you understand the particular physics involved (hysteresis, camber thrust, rake, center-of-pressure vs. speed, etc.). Start with the classic "Technique of Motor Racing" by Mille Miglia-winner Piero Taruffi, then Carroll Smith's "Drive to Win," and if you're still hungry, the Millikens' massive "Race Car Vehicle Dynamics."
In my opinion, this is unnecessary for the user. It is enough to understand how each suspension element in the game works. What does he do and what changes the car will receive. Based on this knowledge, you can experiment in the game. That's all! There is no point in reading technical literature, because in the game all the elements are simplified and may work differently than in reality. Books from real racers can help in driving technique, but in tuning - I doubt very much.

Last edited:
In my opinion, this is unnecessary for the user. It is enough to understand how each suspension element in the game works. What does he do and what changes the car will receive. Based on this knowledge, you can experiment in the game. That's all! There is no point in reading technical literature, because in the game all the elements are simplified and may work differently than in reality. Books from real racers can help in driving technique, but in tuning - I doubt very much.
Willful ignorance is always an option, but I prefer to know what effect stiffening the right rear fast rebound setting, say, has on turn-in at Riverside's Turn 9, say. Hopefully, the mod maker understood this during the creative process, and hopefully, the car will respond the way it would IRL. An understanding of what should be happening is the first step in analyzing what, exactly, is going on.

Last edited:

Willful ignorance is always an option, but I prefer to know what effect stiffening the right rear fast rebound setting, say, has on turn in at Riverside's Turn 9, say. Hopefully, the mod maker understood this during the creative process, and hopefully, the car will respond the way it would IRL. An understanding of what should be happening is the first step in analyzing what, exactly, is going on.
I'm sure this a very interesting conversation, but it is not really mod related.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back