Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,374 comments
Fix it !!! Immidiately :D

For real: i`ve asked politely if there are plans to fix it :)
:D

So I went back to Karlskoga with a 20 car grid BTTC 2019, and no issue this time, started fine, raced fine. In one of my previous try I had an error message. So apparently it is fixed on my side.

So it might be on your end. To be sure, I hope other will try to race the AI there and report if it is fine for them or not.

Told you we were making progress, if we all work together, communicating in a constructive manner, we can fix anything. In AC at least .:D

I'm sure this a very interesting conversation, but it is not really mod related.
So you're saying physics/handling/setups aren't part of the deal? That the mod should only be seductively parked in the pits for all to admire, never to turn a wheel? Like Ferris Buehler's dad, you just want the exquisite Ferrari to be on permanent display anywhere but on the road? I would like to think that the modding process takes into account the way the car drives. To each his own, I guess.

Last edited:
Assetto Corsa - Mantorp Park

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_mantorp_11-10-121-14-47-30.jpg

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_mantorp_11-10-121-14-49-22.jpg

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_mantorp_11-10-121-14-47-50.jpg

Nice ! looking forward to this one. always loved Mantorp.

Yeah but there is nothing achieved if the AI behave good with only few cars. Because there is no point racing a STCC or whatever grid with only few cars.
Where ever the problem comes from, there is still a problem. If i could solved it alone, i would not ask here, but would share the solution
It's a common problem in AC, that the AI cars start very slow and are not really competitve in the first lap. It's a problem of the game and not of a special track, but it's even worse on small tracks with a too small distance between the cars in the start grid. There're a few mod tracks with a large distance between the cars in the start grid and on these tracks the AI cars start very fast.
A track modder should be aware of this problem and increase the distance between the cars in the start grid for a better race start.
There is no other solution.

The BTCC mod has some very unoptimized cars with LODS with much too much objects. For example the Audi RS has a LOD_D with a crazy high number of 194 objects. 3-5 objects is normal for a well optimized Kunos or mod car. And the LOD_D is the most important LOD, as it is used for cars, that are more than 200 m away from your own car and that is the vast majority of AI cars during a race.

But CM has now the option under "manage car" to generate new optimized LODs for a car. You only have to install the free version of the "Simplygon" Software to use this option.

Good afternoon Would someone kindly provide the link for the Mazda Miata NA convertible (preferably with roof and wipers animations), from the 1990 - 1994 era? Thanks

1994-mazda-miata-specials-archived-instrumented-test-car-and-driver-photo-529209-s-original.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, is just for me that on estoril there is some type of "smoke" coming from tyres? i tested different cars and differente weather.
Its the estoril that Paulo Ribeiro shared.
1636666777686.png

Last edited:
Last question for today...Are the AI app included in AC and the AI Helper app on RD different apps?
Look sameish to me.
With the AI Line Helper App by Esotic on RD you can record new sidelines for a track, when the sidlines of a track are not well done and e.g. the AI cars crash in the pit wall at the race start and leave the track and cut corners over the grass in the first lap.
I've used the app to record the new sidelines for the Hero Sinoi Circuit.

The AI developer app included in AC, is used to record new fast_lane.ai or pit_lane.ai.
I've used this app to record the new pit_lane.ai for the Hero Sinoi Circuit.

New AI sidelines + pitlane AI for Hero Sinoi Circuit 1.0

Last edited:
Thanks. Improved over the Intent Sim Craft version, though it uses the same base.
Two things if I may:
  • the pit position is a bit strange: at the end of the pit lane and right in the driving lane,
  • the surrounding mountains look OK during a certain time window, but outside that the ones on one side of the track are white, while normal on the other.
That said there are no visible mountains IRL at Mantorp, so imo it would be better not to have them... :D

Last question for today...Are the AI app included in AC and the AI Helper app on RD different apps?
Look sameish to me.
Yes, they are different, The developers AC app are there to help us modify the AI line and add them to the mod tracks.
Some modders have developed tools to help further, as there are many parameters that can be tweaked in the ai.ini.
The goal is the same for both, get more lifelike AI in AC.

So you're saying physics/handling/setups aren't part of the deal? That the mod should only be seductively parked in the pits for all to admire, never to turn a wheel? Like Ferris Buehler's dad, you just want the exquisite Ferrari to be on permanent display anywhere but on the road? I would like to think that the modding process takes into account the way the car drives. To each his own, I guess.
Setup talk would be better suited to a setup thread. The setup techniques, and reading list you suggest, are not mod specific.

Attachments

• ext_config.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I have seen the same on various tracks
Same here, I thought it was a weatherfx glitch.

Anyway, I wrote that my newb AC questions were over for today, but technically it's a new day here. so... :D

a) Is it me or the Apricot Hill layouts from the same track make AC crash while loading? (Crash report says I can't have 0 cars in a race but I was hotlapping)
Midfield and Combined are ok though.

b) I spent some time tweaking the F6 cams on a car (actk version of alfa 8c gt3), pressed "save cameras" and they defaulted on the next session. Why?
That doesn't happen with Onboard Settings, recall works fine. :banghead:

c) Can cars' cameras.ini be swapped with other cars? No mention of the car name in the .ini so I suppose it's ok.

G'night GTP.

Just released Interlagos Formula 1 Grand Prix 2021 extension 😉

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back