Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,726 comments
Is it possible for LOD's to be built into the main or a single KN5 model file?

I usually disable the LOD's but came across a car that the LODs.ini file only has the one KN5 file specified but I notice the roll cage pops in and out of view depending on view distances during a replay.
But I have noticed that the problem doesn't occur when in screenshot mode and no matter the view distance the roll cage is always shown. Very strange!
Could this be caused by something else perhaps?

It's a common problem in AC, that the AI cars start very slow and are not really competitve in the first lap. It's a problem of the game and not of a special track, but it's even worse on small tracks with a too small distance between the cars in the start grid. There're a few mod tracks with a large distance between the cars in the start grid and on these tracks the AI cars start very fast.
A track modder should be aware of this problem and increase the distance between the cars in the start grid for a better race start.
There is no other solution.

The BTCC mod has some very unoptimized cars with LODS with much too much objects. For example the Audi RS has a LOD_D with a crazy high number of 194 objects. 3-5 objects is normal for a well optimized Kunos or mod car. And the LOD_D is the most important LOD, as it is used for cars, that are more than 200 m away from your own car and that is the vast majority of AI cars during a race.

But CM has now the option under "manage car" to generate new optimized LODs for a car. You only have to install the free version of the "Simplygon" Software to use this option.
Yes Frank i am aware of all that. Like i said before i have 2500h of racing against AI on about 150 common tracks on the clock. The problems on the 3 tracks i pointed out have nothing to do with the start or first lap "game behaviour".

I can beat the AI here on 100% even spinning out once or twice i catch them again, where it is impossible for me doing so on the other 147 tracks.

And yes i know some cars are "heavy" and unoptimized but fortunately i have setup my AC good enough to have always 50-120 fps.
Of course its weather/daytime/track/cars depending... but i would exclude a performance issue for me there.

Last edited:
:D

So I went back to Karlskoga with a 20 car grid BTTC 2019, and no issue this time, started fine, raced fine. In one of my previous try I had an error message. So apparently it is fixed on my side.

So it might be on your end. To be sure, I hope other will try to race the AI there and report if it is fine for them or not.

Told you we were making progress, if we all work together, communicating in a constructive manner, we can fix anything. In AC at least .:D
Hmm never had an fps issue on Karlskogga. Nothing in life is 100% sure but i would exclude a problem o my side. Which AI strenght or agresivness did you drive and what was your result?
Would be cool if you or some other guy(s) could test Falkenberg and Sturup too...

I don`t belive i have an AI problem on those tracks because i am Senna-like on them :confused:
:D

ACTK Mantorp Park v1.0
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1372

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_mantorp_11-10-121-14-47-30.jpg

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_mantorp_11-10-121-14-47-50.jpg

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_mantorp_11-10-121-14-49-22.jpg
Merci @__EASY__ for your Swedish tracks and for the speed for mod orders !!!! :)
:cheers:

M1-Final.png

Original car created by SMS (Project CARS), ported to AC by [?] and edited to v1.2 by Mascot, July, 2020, the BMW M1 Procar has always been one of my favourites in Assetto Corsa, but it had some flaws.

So I decided for myself to change and add stuff to get a car to my wishes. And maybe you like it too.

I wasnt sure if I should keep it private or release it public, but my pals like what I've done with the car, so I decided to release it at GTP as version 1.3

All prior credits are still included, no really big changes to the physics were made, it's mostly visual stuff. But tbh I'm not the best in creating damage and dirt textures. I did my best and can only hope you'll like the outcome. Original LODs by Mascot are still in use, didnt even change the lods.ini. Maybe I'll change this someday but not now.

Code:
Changelog:
- Instruments fixed, there was a wrong mesh illuminated
- TC/ABS just on/off and not multiple anymore (this car had neither nor but if you cant handle it...)
- Turning and Hazard lights, including dash light (CSP required)
- Reverse lights (CSP required)
- Flashlights
- Damage and dirt textures
- Detached front and rear bumber in case of an accident
- 90s DTM slicks removed (this car was build 10y earlier!)
- A couple of minor changes and CSP stuff

Download: https://sharemods.com/c63vb62hcz89/bmw_m1_procar_80_v13.zip.html
Feel free to comment, criticise and spread this wonderful piece of german engineering.

Edit: Please add the following code to the ext_config.ini:
Code:
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME = Object015
COLOR = 10, 10, 10, 0.15
OFF_COLOR = 0, 0, 0
LAG = 0.8
SIMULATE_HEATING = 0.3
BIND_TO_HEADLIGHTS=1
Missed the illumination of the needle. :banghead:

You look a thousand times not to miss anything and miss the obvious anyways. :indiff:

Last edited:
awesome job on this 260sp (there is no 260lm version at all)! though as a fan of venturi i find it kinda strange to see a simple 260 with spoiler and headlights from 400 trophy version) but nevertheless it's nice to see at least such venturi even a kinda fantasy one:)
Is that the LM 600
no, the only model of 600slm was in mod for gtr2 but it's horribly low poly and bulky
not unfortunately 😢 , it is a mixture of the 260 LM and the 400 GT ...
260sp and 400 trophy to be precise - 400gt is a road legal car with absolutely different kind of headlights (pop-up style) and of course this model lacks the very best part of all venturis since 400 lineup - the great side intake
too bad there is no absolutely even mid-poly model for at least 400 trophy in any game, such a loss:boggled:

Attachments

• 53597_258_755_ArtFile_ru.jpg
    53597_258_755_ArtFile_ru.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 15
GrassFX works for me (vhe version 1.1)
it is true that when we look from afar but when we look with a zoom we can see that the GrassFX is working ... in the ext_config_original.ini file there is the GrassFX and it is the ex_config.ini file that starts all the .ini files so logically you have an installation problem @Jodurson

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 29
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 26
GrassFX works for me (vhe version 1.1)
it is true that when we look from afar but when we look with a zoom we can see that the GrassFX is working ... in the ext_config_original.ini file there is the GrassFX and it is the ex_config.ini file that starts all the .ini files so logically you have an installation problem @Jodurson
Okay, thx for that! I will re-check my installation, hope this solve that.
Btw, GrassFX looking not so dense, on my opinion...

Original car created by SMS (Project CARS), ported to AC by [?] and edited to v1.2 by Mascot, July, 2020, the BMW M1 Procar has always been one of my favourites in Assetto Corsa, but it had some flaws.

So I decided for myself to change and add stuff to get a car to my wishes. And maybe you like it too.

I wasnt sure if I should keep it private or release it public, but my pals like what I've done with the car, so I decided to release it at GTP as version 1.3

All prior credits are still included, no really big changes to the physics were made, it's mostly visual stuff. But tbh I'm not the best in creating damage and dirt textures. I did my best and can only hope you'll like the outcome. Original LODs by Mascot are still in use, didnt even change the lods.ini. Maybe I'll change this someday but not now.

Code:
Changelog:
- Instruments fixed, there was a wrong mesh illuminated
- TC/ABS just on/off and not multiple anymore (this car had neither nor but if you cant handle it...)
- Turning and Hazard lights, including dash light (CSP required)
- Reverse lights (CSP required)
- Flashlights
- Damage and dirt textures
- Detached front and rear bumber in case of an accident
- 90s DTM slicks removed (this car was build 10y earlier!)
- A couple of minor changes and CSP stuff

Download: https://sharemods.com/c63vb62hcz89/bmw_m1_procar_80_v13.zip.html
Feel free to comment, criticise and spread this wonderful piece of german engineering.
Thank you for this, instrument lights look great now! Thanks also to everyone else that has worked on this so far, sounds/visuals and physics come together as an all round quality package now.

Willful ignorance is always an option, but I prefer to know what effect stiffening the right rear fast rebound setting, say, has on turn-in at Riverside's Turn 9, say. Hopefully, the mod maker understood this during the creative process, and hopefully, the car will respond the way it would IRL. An understanding of what should be happening is the first step in analyzing what, exactly, is going on.
The last answer, so that you would understand me correctly! I wrote that it is not important for the USER!
You shouldn't load an inexperienced player with all this - I think my answer was correct in this situation.
Thank you all! :gtpflag:

Is it possible for LOD's to be built into the main or a single KN5 model file?

I usually disable the LOD's but came across a car that the LODs.ini file only has the one KN5 file specified but I notice the roll cage pops in and out of view depending on view distances during a replay.
But I have noticed that the problem doesn't occur when in screenshot mode and no matter the view distance the roll cage is always shown. Very strange!
Could this be caused by something else perhaps?
My guess would be it's the HR cockpit changing, not the main model. If that's listed at the top of the lods.ini try changing it to see if it has any effect.

Hi everyone. Do you know how can I change the name of any of the outdated guerrilla gt4 mods but without happening this? I don't want to lose my previous skins...
maxresdefault.jpg

Hi everyone. Do you know how can I change the name of any of the outdated guerrilla gt4 mods but without happening this? I don't want to lose my previous skins...
maxresdefault.jpg
They just completely changed models altogether, so unfortunately you won't be able to readapt previous skins for the latest ones at all.

Just released Interlagos Formula 1 Grand Prix 2021 extension 😉

Thx, track mesh (surface) buggy ! Please fix

Mosport has been updated by Johnr777:
(installs as a new track)

- 2021 specifications - advertisements/logos updated, re-did some of the older billboards as well with better photo references;

- Y trees rotated to follow the track, something I should have done much earlier, fixed a few that poked through walls;

- Asphalt visual mesh back to a more "patchy look" as per 2021 references, and repainted lines;

- Asphalt physical mesh - cleaned up rogue vertices that were causing some cars to launch into the air;

- FPS improvements - approximately 10+ gain from LODS and re-uv of that massive 8K texture to 4 - 4K to help those with stuttering or micro-stuttering issues;

- Shader / texture / color updates were I felt was needed;

- Optix VAO;

- More night lighting - added animated generators (from my Road Atlanta project) to maintain a realistic setting.

Last edited:
Some changes coming next year
Please remove this post if it's 'off topic' - however I think a few modders will be interested
via https://twitter.com/theracingblog_
View attachment 1093286
Yeah, the Chalet has already been demolished a couple of weeks ago to make place for the changes...

FBl4tQoX0AIym9v-pek4ekzhljens4xnvpmnqhz4x219vs19xafsibmoi0.jpeg

Major renovation works have started on the Spa-Francorchamps circuit on top of Eau Rouge/Raidillon. One of the icons of the legendary circuit also fell: the chalet.

The major renovations on the Spa-Francorchamps circuit have already been proposed and will cost around 80 million euros. The investments and renovations are spread over a period of ten years.

The total cost of 80 million euros will be borne by the government of Wallonia (29.5 million euros), the circuit itself (21 million euros) and a loan of 29.5 million euros.

At the top of Eau Rouge/Raidillon, the iconic chalet has already been demolished. It has to make way for a new permanent grandstand that gives a better view of the corner combination and also improves safety. There had been a lot of discussion about this, especially in recent months, after several serious crashes had taken place.

Spread over the circuit there will be some new run-off lanes, but also gravel pits. La Source, Raidillon, Pouhon and Blachimont, among others, will be adapted.

Last edited:
Talking about changes to famous tracks, I noticed while re-watching last summers Le Mans that the nasty sausage/banana curbs have been removed from Terte Rouge. Could we use a extension/config to remove them from sx_lemans ? Just wondering :)

did you take the 1.3 estoril and update some of the textures with the new stuff from today? I am seeing some things missing. Mainly the flying stuff. just want to make sure I have the right one when Cris updates it with his extension.
Rainfx not working on this track?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back