Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,726 comments
some of them have a horrible slow AI. This fact makes them kind of useless for racing against the AI.
Looks to me like the perfect opportunity for you to start doing AI_lane, it is neither difficult or too demanding. We will be delighted to try them and tell you if they are too slow or just fine.;)

I appreciate your covertions of the swedish tracks very much. :bowdown:
But like i mentioned 2 days ago (no answer) some of them have a horrible slow AI. This fact makes them kind of useless for racing against the AI.
Is there any plans to improve the tracks ? Or how do the AI in this case? Thanks
I'm not an expert for AI lines, if someone wants to improve them I'll add in updates + credits

Assetto Corsa - Mantorp Park

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_mantorp_11-10-121-14-47-30.jpg

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_mantorp_11-10-121-14-49-22.jpg

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_mantorp_11-10-121-14-47-50.jpg

superbe !!!

Few month ago (when Hungaroring ACC(?) convert to rF2 is released), I mentioned, that there is a beta version available in AC too. But nobody interested....

The track and the objects is good, cameras is very well. Only the vegetables and some textures needs update.

More than 2 years, the project is not moving foward.
TomSteel made the conversion, if somebody update this version of the track please wrote him in the credits!

(From 2 years ago, I only use this Hungaroring, because this version is the most accurate.)

View attachment 1081241View attachment 1081242

HungaroringACC v0.3 Download https://sg.hu/forum/uzenet/1324301258/42401
Cameras: https://sg.hu/forum/uzenet/1324301258/42410
This track is excellent besides being Laser scanned, however it is unfinished, could any modder finish the graphic part of it?

Looks to me like the perfect opportunity for you to start doing AI_lane, it is neither difficult or too demanding. We will be delighted to try them and tell you if they are too slow or just fine.;)
I may be wrong, if yes excuse me, but it seems constructive criticism is taken personaly or as an attack here, isn`t it?
I see your sarcasm here. Indeed i already try´ed my luck with AI lines, but failed big time.

I don`t get the point whats wrong about talking about weaknesses of given tracks. This is a thread about mods and eveyone would like to see improved content or not?
So if a guy like me is not able to contribute be creating stuff, he is maybe allowed to share his experience or opinion.

I have spend thousends of hours racing against AI on hunderts tracks, so i can tell ya for sure which AI lines are definetly to slow.

Are there general guidelines on recording...ehm...AI lines?
I keep on reading that the car used matters (obviously) and the result will not be appropriate for every category, the first one that comes to my mind.
Any other one?
Is there a magic car that "averages" all driving styles? 😁 (thinking about the ford rs200 evo, hoho)

edit: oh, another one I just remembered, the use of a wheel controller.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting a stack of errors with this car? There's a warning to 'fix car' on the drive screen, which shows:

View attachment 1093018

Version 0 tyres on a new mod? This can't be right, can it?
This is using the separate data.acd update.

Edit: no such errors using the data.acd that's packed in with the car download, but the new data.acd apparently has "New Gearbox + Suspension.ini Fixed".

Edit: other weirdness too - headlights are just a dim dull grey when illuminated, Bruce Lee shift animation...
did you just drop the updated data.acd in the mod folder overwriting the original one? this file only contains the drivetrain.ini or suspension.ini so all other ini files are missing - both files need to be unpacked and merged together. Don‘t know why they didn‘t share the complete data.acd…

Last edited:
constructive criticism
Constructive criticism is always welcome here, if that was a constructive criticism, then please give us details, so we can verify and possibly act on it.
Which track, layout, if more then one, and which car grid. :)

Vague allegations and using words like "horrible" will no get you anything.

Yes, even a few post from Aris on the AC official forum. The best is to try some, it is really easy and helps understand faster than any explanation.
Often, the issues with AI_fastlane are due to track limits or other track issue, more than the AI line itself.

Last edited:
Hi guys, here's a question for you. I'm trying to create a new layout for a track. There is a tyre chicanne that I want to delete, so when I delete it with 3d max or 3dsimed, once on the track, you can see it has visually disapeared but you crash with 'the invisible'. Could someone explain me how to do it right?? Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 12
Constructive criticism is always welcome here, if that was a constructive criticism, then please give us details, so we can verify and possibly act on it.
Which track, layout, if more then one, and which car grid. :)

Vague allegations and using words like "horrible" will no get you anything.
For example:

ACTK_Sturup
ACTK_Karlskoga
ACTK_Falkenberg

There is always only one layout. Raced with touring cars like STCC, WTCR. The AI on that particular tracks is that slow - it makes no difference which car grid.
And i am not a elite driver who beats AI on 100% So for the most people (while running AI on 92-98%) these AI is too slow.

Ok using tha word "horrible" was maybe not perfect choice. Sorry my english is just basic. Did not think someone react that sensitive.

I keep on reading that the car used matters (obviously) and the result will not be appropriate for every category, the first one that comes to my mind.
Any other one?
Is there a magic car that "averages" all driving styles? 😁 (thinking about the ford rs200 evo, hoho)

For the AI lines, it is better to chose a car where you can see the front tires well. Not a fast one.
The aim of lines is to create borders (left wheel left side of tarmac, right wheel...).
Although, I sugest - depending on which kind of track - to drive always inside tarmac.
Fast tracks with left/right, or left/left, or left/right/left sections where you can flat out, we can set the border lines
over the track limits.

Example:
Sem título.png

For the Fast Lines, depending on the kind of track (again!).
Better chose an easy handling car, maybe a GT3 or GT4.

This is all very nice, but nothing better than try, try and try.

did you just drop the updated data.acd in the mod folder overwriting the original one? this file only contains the drivetrain.ini or suspension.ini so all other ini files are missing - both files need to be unpacked and merged together. Don‘t know why they didn‘t share the complete data.acd…
That's exactly what I did - thanks for checking it out. Crazy decision to upload an incomplete data.acd and expect the user to not only notice this, but also unpack it and unpack the original then manually merge them then repack them.
Using mods is exhausting these days. If you're not jumping through hoops you're doing jigsaws. It's like a modern Krypton Factor game show.
😆

That's exactly what I did - thanks for checking it out. Crazy decision to upload an incomplete data.acd and expect the user to not only notice this, but also unpack it and unpack the original then manually merge them then repack them.
Using mods is exhausting these days. If you're not jumping through hoops you're doing jigsaws. It's like a modern Krypton Factor game show.
😆
45BBFACC-0ECC-439F-A639-1E43AFE1A52D.jpeg

ACTK_Sturup
ACTK_Karlskoga
ACTK_Falkenberg

There is always only one layout. Raced with touring cars like STCC, WTCR. The AI on that particular tracks is that slow - it makes no difference which car grid.
I tried a 20 opponents BTTC 2019 grid at Karlstoga, very sluggish at the start and slow on first lap, still slow but improving on subsequent laps. So, there is an issue, but it is not the AI line.
Tried again with a grid of only 4 cars, no issue.
Something on that track, with 20 opponents BTTC 2019 grid is dropping the FPS, creating issue with the AI cars.
Please try your grid with only 2 or 3 cars and see if the AI behave as expected.:)

For example:

ACTK_Sturup
ACTK_Karlskoga
ACTK_Falkenberg

And i am not a elite driver who beats AI on 100% So for the most people (while running AI on 92-98%) these AI is too slow.

Ok using tha word "horrible" was maybe not perfect choice. Sorry my english is just basic. Did not think someone react that sensitive.
It's quite easy to record a new fast_lane.ai or pit_lane.ai.

First you have to activate "Developer Apps" in CM under "Assetto Corsa/Apps".
Then you start a practice session on the circuit, you want to record a new AI line for.
You should always choose a car you normally want to drive on the track, e.g. a WTCR car for the swedish tracks, a F1 car for a F1 circuit and so on.
In the next step you should practice several laps on the circuit to learn the track, the racing line and brake points and adjust the setup of the car, so that you can drive comfortably equal fast laps. It's like preparing for a qualifying session.
If you have a working qualifying setup with low fuel, you can start the recording.

Open the App with the AI Icon. The app has buttons to start the recording of fast_line.ai or pit_lane.ai.
Go on the track, drive some laps and then start the recording of a new fast_lane.ai in the middle of the lap.
The app will automatically start the recording when you cross the start-finish line. You can drive as long as you need to do a perfect lap. If you think, that the last lap was OK, you just have to exit the track. Then the app will save the last completely driven lap as "fast_lane.ai.canditate" in the "ai" folder of the track. Rename "fast_lane.ai.canditate" to "fast_lane.ai" and start a race weekend to test your new AI. The new AI should now at least race as fast as you.

I tried a 20 opponents BTTC 2019 grid at Karlstoga, very sluggish at the start and slow on first lap, still slow but improving on subsequent laps. So, there is an issue, but it is not the AI line.
Tried again with a grid of only 4 cars, no issue.
Something on that track, with 20 opponents BTTC 2019 grid is dropping the FPS, creating issue with the AI cars.
Please try your grid with only 2 or 3 cars and see if the AI behave as expected.:)
Yeah but there is nothing achieved if the AI behave good with only few cars. Because there is no point racing a STCC or whatever grid with only few cars.
Where ever the problem comes from, there is still a problem. If i could solved it alone, i would not ask here, but would share the solution :)

It's quite easy to record a new fast_lane.ai or pit_lane.ai.

First you have to activate "Developer Apps" in CM under "Assetto Corsa/Apps".
Then you start a practice session on the circuit, you want to record a new AI line for.
You should always choose a car you normally want to drive on the track, e.g. a WTCR car for the swedish tracks, a F1 car for a F1 circuit and so on.
In the next step you should practice several laps on the circuit to learn the track, the racing line and brake points and adjust the setup of the car, so that you can drive comfortably equal fast laps. It's like preparing for a qualifying session.
If you have a working qualifying setup with low fuel, you can start the recording.

Open the App with the AI Icon. The app has buttons to start the recording of fast_line.ai or pit_lane.ai.
Go on the track, drive some laps and then start the recording of a new fast_lane.ai in the middle of the lap.
The app will automatically start the recording when you cross the start-finish line. You can drive as long as you need to do a perfect lap. If you think, that the last lap was OK, you just have to exit the track. Then the app will save the last completely driven lap as "fast_lane.ai.canditate" in the "ai" folder of the track. Rename "fast_lane.ai.canditate" to "fast_lane.ai" and start a race weekend to test your new AI. The new AI should now at least race as fast as you.
ok i was using a slightly other guide. Will try it with your advice once again some time. Thanks

😆
He's posted a "1.2" update--new link
The 1.2 download gives you a COMPLETE acd file, and the mod doesn't report issues, and doesn't crash AC.

Original Car Mega download

1.2 Download -- Replace current files with these

If this is a paddle shift, the shifting animation is wrong. Also, the audio/sfx does not sound good at all.
Here's an alternate sfx--copied from anther M135i mod.

bmw_m135i_tuned sfx alternate

254573839_377865767462352_9080923495581575959_n.jpg

Being that I produce detailed instructional videos, it's so frustrating when someone provides a mod, update, or a skin, and assumes everyone will know exactly what to do with it. What's happened with this mod is an example of that, though I've never seen anyone release a new acd file with only one ini file in it, with no clear explanation that both acds need to be unpacked, copy the one file over the other in the complete acd, then repack it... and I wouldn't assume anyone would provide the update that way.

The most common thing I see again and again is an update or a skin mod in a rar, zip, or 7z that's only named extension, skin, or some other non-descriptive title. There's often no folder structure inside as well. If you're not paying attention, you may return to your downloads to install them later, and you have no idea what they're for.

It only takes a minute to create a faux folder structure for the compressed file to be provided, and appropriately name the compressed file so there's no question what it is, and what to do with it.

An example of doing it right would be...

Download Archive Name: RSS Formula Supreme skin Redbull 2021
Not the other way around--easier to find the downloaded backup file if needed.

Folder structure inside archive: rss_formula_rss_supreme > skins > Redbull 2021
or a more complete structure that starts with assettocorsa or content.

Last edited:
Yeah but there is nothing achieved if the AI behave good with only few cars. Because there is no point racing a STCC or whatever grid with only few cars.
Where ever the problem comes from, there is still a problem. If i could solved it alone, i would not ask here, but would share the solution
I disagree, we have achieved something, many things actually.
  • We now know it is not AI-fastlane related, so not an AI issue per say
  • It might be car related, as non lod cars are heavier on the FPS
  • If might be an issue in the way the track is built, someone might look at it, find the issue and fix it.
There will always be issue, small or big, If when we signal them, we are as precise as possible, explain to the best of our knowledge, we have a lot more chance to get them improved, for our self and everybody else.
Saying, this is horrible, fix it, not so much.

Any other one?

This covers most of what you need: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13480889

@Paulo Ribeiro is also correct regarding side lines and using a car where the front wheels are visible, I use the Lotus 49.

I suspect that most slow AI lines are as a result of people following 'good' advice from people that have no idea what they're talking about, albeit with the best intentions. If you're a half decent driver and know what buttons to press it's genuinely one of the easiest things to do in AC.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back