Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,708 comments
it would be interesting if this version, the first ever, were also madeView attachment 1173174
I still haven't seen the version of the Porsche Carrera '73 they've put up for download. A few weeks ago I was trying to do "something" with the existing Porsches to try to make the rear spoiler more "enveloping", I was adapting it with parts from other cars, but the correct thing, of course, was for someone to model it in 3d.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1657983577.png
    __custom_showroom_1657983577.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 17
  • __custom_showroom_1657983593.png
    __custom_showroom_1657983593.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 18
FYI, Fat Alfie updated Thomson Road.

View attachment 1173166

From Fat Alfie -------------------------
I was asked to increase the number of grid slots from the original 24 to 36 so the track could be of more use in online racing, and it seemed like a good opportunity to correct a few small flaws that were in the track.

Changes:
  • increased gridslots to 40
  • added 3D dead leaves
  • added bitumen joints where tarmac is patched
  • increased grip for new tarmac / reduced for old
  • brand new physical road mesh with better feel
  • updated tree models for better shading
  • new textures for white lines / start line
  • improved a few shader settings
  • CSP cfg for night and rain

This was only ever going to be a 'light touch' update, and not a ground-up rebuild, so there are lots of things I would do differently now, but I'm still proud to say that this is the first track I made for AC :)
Great update as always (is an insta download everything he do), but, as for other his realeases, they have some problems with CSP config not done properly. Due to the fact in past i've did and released (i think so, but not sure about it) my update, i rebuild it from scratch in order to have a proper working config.

I will put the update online as soon as ready as always

Great update as always (is an insta download everything he do), but, as for other his realeases, they have some problems with CSP config not done properly. Due to the fact in past i've did and released (i think so, but not sure about it) my update, i rebuild it from scratch in order to have a proper working config.

I will put the update online as soon as ready as always
Thank you, Cris.

BTW, any news about this one? Passion Meca

Have you repacked tha data folder into data.acd and delete data folder keeping only data.acd?

Remember:

-copy app into app folder (automatically app will be loaded, it's lua app)
-unpack data by CM
-delete original data.acd (or move to backup folder)
-copy script.lua into data folder of the car
-repack data and delete data folder keeping only data.acd
-into CM main drive setting
View attachment 1172839

-into CM quick race for every car selected you have to active extended physics (deselected by default)
View attachment 1172840

Tested with:
-RSS Formula Hybrid 2022
-RSS Formula Hybrid 2022 s
-RSS Formula Hybrid 2021
-RSS Formula Hybrid 2020
-RSS Formula Hybrid 2019
-RSS Formula Hybrid 2018
-RSS Formaul Hybrid 2017
After running some tests it appears the script only works with RSS cars only, even then the rear wing flaps open and closed rapidly when in a DRS zone. The mod is still in alpha though so hopefully it'll be fixed and be made more accessible to other mods.

Hi all; long time lurker, old school racer, first time poster.

Does anyone know if the tracks for a game called Viper Racing have ever been recreated, i know it's old af but boy what a racing game back in the day!?

Viper Racing

Also, my favourite track ever Ascari, so far i have got hold of the rfactor conversions (and even learnt the basics to do a quick and dirty conversion myself). There was however a new version being worked on by a guy called Jebus (or it might have been someone who worked with him on it); i believe he had issues and never got to finish the track which looked great! Has anyone heard any further on the project?

Thanks all!

I had a lot of work on other tracks (today probably i release another collab with @pugsang) and i left that one on hold due also a tendinitis which keep me away from simracing for 15 days :)

I hope to find time and fix that one too
I hope you feel better. :)
No worries about the Passion-Meca and thanks for your answer.
I thought you were part of a Disney or Marvel subsidiary with your teasing a month and a half ago.

Hi all; long time lurker, old school racer, first time poster.

Does anyone know if the tracks for a game called Viper Racing have ever been recreated, i know it's old af but boy what a racing game back in the day!?

Viper Racing

Also, my favourite track ever Ascari, so far i have got hold of the rfactor conversions (and even learnt the basics to do a quick and dirty conversion myself). There was however a new version being worked on by a guy called Jebus (or it might have been someone who worked with him on it); i believe he had issues and never got to finish the track which looked great! Has anyone heard any further on the project?

Thanks all!
No for Jebus, but you can find a version of Ascari here: ACTL v3.0 - Real" tab - line 95

It's awesome how someone mentioned they'd like to see a car updated that they found online, the ´73 Porsche Carrera RS, and a few on this thread went after it. The end result, a pretty good mod. It could maybe still use some tweaks, but I think it delivers most of what you'd expect with this model and year.

HD version may still be processing, and there's a strange "thunderclap" when starting the replay.

FYI, Fat Alfie updated Thomson Road.

View attachment 1173166

From Fat Alfie -------------------------
I was asked to increase the number of grid slots from the original 24 to 36 so the track could be of more use in online racing, and it seemed like a good opportunity to correct a few small flaws that were in the track.

Changes:
  • increased gridslots to 40
  • added 3D dead leaves
  • added bitumen joints where tarmac is patched
  • increased grip for new tarmac / reduced for old
  • brand new physical road mesh with better feel
  • updated tree models for better shading
  • new textures for white lines / start line
  • improved a few shader settings
  • CSP cfg for night and rain

This was only ever going to be a 'light touch' update, and not a ground-up rebuild, so there are lots of things I would do differently now, but I'm still proud to say that this is the first track I made for AC :)
Some fixes and at personally improvements.
Extract in AC root folder. Original config is still there as ext_config_orig.ini
If you don´t like it, rename it ext_config_orig.ini to ext_config.ini and you´re done.

1657990308065.png

1657990446866.png

Edit: Upps, sorry just saw it, @CrisT86 is about to make a complete new config.
Maybe you should better wait for it.... :odd: :)

Attachments

• thomson.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
After running some tests it appears the script only works with RSS cars only, even then the rear wing flaps open and closed rapidly when in a DRS zone. The mod is still in alpha though so hopefully it'll be fixed and be made more accessible to other mods.
I don't know with other cars but it works with RSS Formula Hybrid from 2017 to 2022 and with RSS 2 V6 2020.
And RSS Formula V8 2013.

Last edited:
Last edited:
... long time lurker, old school racer, first time poster...
Good lapidary phrase for posterity... :dopey:
... my favourite track ever Ascari... Has anyone heard any further on the project?...
No for Jebus, but you can find a version of Ascari here: ACTL v3.0 - Real" tab - line 95
And, if it hasn't been said, it doesn't hurt to add this skin if it´s not already included in the Teddie version: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13389457. The mod would need a lot more love, but with that skin, at least improves a little.

This mod is one that I would like that some of the modding wizards out there would choose for a good overhauling, for sentimental reasons; my father was born in Ronda, where the circuit is, and my mother in Jimera de Libar, another small town about 25 kilometers away.

Last edited:
I changed that for myself (not a criticism, just adapted to my taste). Otherwise very good work. As always.

ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS = grass2
With that one (if i'm not remember bad) you will hide the fake 2d grass, but also some small trees, that's why i didn't removed the 2d grass ;)

Last edited:
With that one (if i'm not remember bad) you will hide the fake 2d grass, but also some small trees, that's why i didn't removed the 2d grass ;)
I could almost guess that. But the 2d grass had annoyed me more than the missing smaller trees. I'm currently considering adjusting the brightness values of grass2 using shader replacement and maybe finding a compromise for myself.

thank you all the same, but the skins you gave for the 935/77 works, are from another car, they are for the 935/80. They are cars with different body.
similar body but irl it would be a 935 J aswell but it's still compatible so if you want to create an ACT and rename it the 935/80.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back