Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,610 comments
This can be caused by an AI too aggressive (or) AI line TOO much aggressive too, you can try to reduce the AI aggressivity and see if something went better
I set the aggression to 0%, but still the Sauber C9 and Jaguar XJR-9 almost always go out of bounds in the same turn. I understand, this is a mistake in the settings of the track itself?

Masscot here is the link to my archive: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/y3gywz4wp7c52/Public_files
From there you can see all updates and sort them by date. DaBaeda is sending my the updates first now so no double releases anymore I hope.
@Rainmaker87 thanks for all those recent updates. May I ask you to add version numbers to the track json so that it's easier to keep track of the updates?

I would like to encourage all modders to make their mods available through Content Manager's updater (CUP) system.

Cw4liLT.png

I set the aggression to 0%, but still the Sauber C9 and Jaguar XJR-9 almost always go out of bounds in the same turn. I understand, this is a mistake in the settings of the track itself?
You could probably experiment with AI hints to slow the cars down...

Thanks. Mountains are stripeless now. 👍
Better looking background mountains would be welcome :D
Does anybody know if it is possible to extract skyboxes from Project Cars 1/2?
Project_Cars_Audi-Ruapuna-Park-Erweiterung_verfuegbar__2_-pcgh.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello everybody
This is my first time writing, but I've been reading you for a long time ...
I wanted to ask you a question:
Is it possible in some way to remove these artifacts that I often find on the surfaces of the car body but especially on the carbon parts?
__custom_showroom_1658322830.jpg
__custom_showroom_1658323084.jpg

Last edited:
Added a rear facing exhaust with shake,glow and flow.

View attachment 1174800View attachment 1174801

Download the mod from safi hellie's original post if you do not already have it.

Make a backup just in case,overwrite when asked.

edited sr5.kn5 and necessary .ini's.

Thank you! I hope anyone here will do the steer and shift ksanim, remove the passenger's seat and add roll bars.

what's the problem with them?
All sorts of problems. I guess that is why @Arturo4AGE has removed the download. The AO map is very flawed with overlapping mapping for example on the door sills, leading to an uncorrectable reversing (mirror image) of whatever is written on the sill on the opposite side, and a split rear spoiler whereby it is impossible to make the top side and the underside fit properly. As the top two sides meet there is a thin black line and the underside still shows a thin strip of what should be the top. No amount of nudging corrects this. There are other places where the mapping is erratic.

Rather more seriously, there are real issues with the 3d model. The windscreen doesn't fit properly for example. All in all It would take a lot of work to fix these issues. I would start the conversion again from scratch.

__custom_showroom_1658323835.png__custom_showroom_1658323850.png__custom_showroom_1658323928.png

All sorts of problems. I guess that is why @Arturo4AGE has removed the download. The AO map is very flawed with overlapping mapping for example on the door sills, leading to an uncorrectable reversing (mirror image) of whatever is written on the sill on the opposite side, and a split rear spoiler whereby it is impossible to make the top side and the underside fit properly. As the top two sides meet there is a thin black line and the underside still shows a thin strip of what should be the top. No amount of nudging corrects this. There are other places where the mapping is erratic.

Rather more seriously, there are real issues with the 3d model. The windscreen doesn't fit properly for example. All in all It would take a lot of work to fix these issues. I would start the conversion again from scratch.

View attachment 1174919View attachment 1174920View attachment 1174921
good news is, legion's is the same model (PC2) and is a full conversion so the skins is compatible with that one, it's just renaming them and getting the correct files in.

good news is, legion's is the same model (PC2) and is a full conversion so the skins is compatible with that one, it's just renaming them and getting the correct files in.
Yes you could do that, but the skins are of such dire quality I would need to redo every one in a decent resolution with new decals to be acceptable to me personally. Also Legion's model is not accurate to the 935/80 - most obviously in lacking the grilles above the front wings, which Arturo's model has. Arturo's model also has a bonnet like the 935/80 and the intakes on the rear fins.

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to make new ai lines for fiorano which works great...apart from this section. At first I thought I went over one of the red boundaries, but I redid it staying well clear, and it still messed up. What happens is that the red boundaries get moved all over the place (they are all neat and tidy before recording lines), making the ai cars jerk the wheel on the front straight and all sorts of crazy stuff.
Does someone know, why? Or how to fix this?
118.jpg

I guess this comes under mods discussion as a group have modded the hell out of Shutoko with a heavy traffic mod available on an online server. Seems to have a total of #75 cars including 20 online players at once.

Discord Invite : https://discord.gg/invite/nohesitation

Not my usual choice of cars, I'm a bit long in the tooth for the recent Japanese-inspired modding scene but it is a great bit of fun and the Camaro I drive in this vid is a 6-speed manual.

Anyway, for anyone who didn't know this is a thing here's a vid

Hello everybody
This is my first time writing, but I've been reading you for a long time ...
I wanted to ask you a question:
Is it possible in some way to remove these artifacts that I often find on the surfaces of the car body but especially on the carbon parts?
View attachment 1174916View attachment 1174917
This usually isn't an easy fix. The best solution is to load the model in 3D Studio Max or Blender, use the UVW editor to "cut apart" and "flatten" sections of the model, and reapply materials to them. Very likely what you're seeing are some "stray" polygons that got separated from the hood shape. They need to be "re-stitched" to the hood polygons that make up the shape.

These edits usually don't involve editing the models in 3D (XYZ) unless there's actually "loose" polygons that need to be "welded" into a larger shape. If the model itself doesn't have any issues, then the fixes will be with the materials and how they're applied with UVW.
This guy on Youtube has produced some excellent tutorials over the past few years for 3DsMax and Blender. The learning curve is steep, but it's so rewarding to expand your knowledge, and really start using 3D software without having to "guess and hack" things together.

Are the lines okay? It is strange, that the problem occurs only with C9 and XJR-9, all other cars drive correctly.

View attachment 1174922
Watching the replay shows that the AI expect to make the turn just by lifting the throttle instead of braking, they only start braking after touching the grass. I don't think it's a problem with the sidelines nor with the fast lane. Since most other cars can make the turn just fine, it's probably something that must be tweaked in the car data instead of reducing the AI speed through the corner globally through ai_hint.ini.

I'm currently trying to make new ai lines for fiorano which works great...apart from this section. At first I thought I went over one of the red boundaries, but I redid it staying well clear, and it still messed up. What happens is that the red boundaries get moved all over the place (they are all neat and tidy before recording lines), making the ai cars jerk the wheel on the front straight and all sorts of crazy stuff.
Does someone know, why? Or how to fix this?
View attachment 1174966
you need to create AI sidelines

Nice updates! While everyone is improving it...

Road Surface Update?
Can the road surface finally be improved to add some "road feel" bumps to the smooth segments, and more importantly, remove or significantly reduce the small cliffs and drop offs just before some of the turns. I can understand maybe the pavement becoming deformed in areas where's there's a lot of heavy braking, but these bumps are extremely harsh and unrealistic. If it were a real life track, it would be closed until repaired.

Super Bright Lights on Vehicles in the middle of the day
The flashing lights with a glow are a nice feature to add--even though emergency vehicles usually don't flash their lights if there's no emergency. On my system, with CSP 0.1.78, if the time of day is set to noon, these vehicles "glow in the light." Maybe it's my CSP, or maybe they're too bright?

Regardless, Keep up the good work. Looking forward to more releases.
I can rework the physical road mesh. Is anyone after it or can I proceed?

Are those red lines supposed to be looking like that (or did I miss an update)? It sure makes for an interesting game mode though...

View attachment 1174134View attachment 1174135

Edit: recording some quick sidelines did the trick. It'll work for me but maybe somebody more experienced can provide some proper sidelines to replace the ones in the mod...
@El Locho I've checked my v1.0 but i don't have any issue like yours :-/

2 (1).jpg
2 (2).jpg

Last edited:
you need to create AI sidelines
I did that, unfortunately, it didn't do anything. I can record them, and they are present as a file, but when I then record my ai line as soon as I cross the finish line ALL red/yellow side boundaries vanish, such that I only see the previous pink fast line. When I then exit and load back in with the new ai line, there are no more yellow sidelines and the red is all scrambled again :/

Watching the replay shows that the AI expect to make the turn just by lifting the throttle instead of braking, they only start braking after touching the grass. I don't think it's a problem with the sidelines nor with the fast lane. Since most other cars can make the turn just fine, it's probably something that must be tweaked in the car data instead of reducing the AI speed through the corner globally through ai_hint.ini.
The problem was solved, just forced the cars to slow down a little in this turn, now they pass it on the edge, but stay on the track.

[HINT_0]
START=0.8660
END=0.8701
VALUE=0.9

Thanks all.

I did that, unfortunately, it didn't do anything. I can record them, and they are present as a file, but when I then record my ai line as soon as I cross the finish line ALL red/yellow side boundaries vanish, such that I only see the previous pink fast line. When I then exit and load back in with the new ai line, there are no more yellow sidelines and the red is all scrambled again :/
From my experience, a newly created AI line creates its own sidelines (not very well) which is why you are seeing the inferior ones.
If your new sideline files exist in the data folder, load the track while pressing and holdng the shift key, and your new sidelines will bake into the AI file you created, replacing the inferior ones.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back