Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,797 comments
Should be good to go once some issues are sorted out (like my guy clipping through the seat, man's a magician). Oh and the non-functional wipers but I don't use RainFX so it doesn't bother me that much.

View attachment 1175152
View attachment 1175153

LM version was a right pain in the arse. Had to cut up the front so the lights would be visible.. And it's missing the glass mesh.

Should probably work on that next.
i didn't expect that. the Group 5s are finally coming. I still dunno what Group 5s are missing still lol

Feldbergring by FA has over 85 thousand downloads via RD.
The track fix extension with some colour corrections has just over 600 downloads.
Using some rough logic although not fail safe, granted.
If it was such a problem I'd guess those would be more equal or he'd of fixed it by now.
Well when I said "Maybe there's something in his configs that causes this" I meant just for racinjoe as they seem to be the only one suffering from this problem. Personally (and for everyone else too by the looks of it) I have never felt any of Fat-Alfie's tracks have needed tweaking as they always look damn good to me and the colours are always on point

And now, mine two...

Since for me Fat-Alfie is a GOD making mods, I don't consider myself worthy of altering his perfect works of art with external additions, so the only updates that I install on his tracks are the ones that he publishes himself.

In fact, if he decided to paint the trees pink it would seem perfect to me, such is my devotion to his work... :bowdown:

My take is that racinjoe is right, and its just that some filters like the stock sol and pure ones compensate for it with autoexposure (you can confirm this by checking the exposure level (e.g. in pp tab of pure config) on a fat alfie track vs a KS one, you will see that exposure is lower on the fat alfie one).

It's OK but the downside is that the sky and car interior will be darker at the same time of day/sunangle than on another track where the brightness of the environment is at a "normal" level.
Normalising the brightness as racinjoe is doing, means that the aforementioned is fixed, and that filters which avoid/minimise autoexposure usage (the point of which is that the sky isn't constantly getting brighter and darker as you drive in and out of the shade) work nicely as they do on KS tracks.

question for racinjoe, any ideas on how to make your work easier to consume? i'm never going to download and install all these fixes from RD, too much hassle. obviously "subjective" things like this one can't be shoved in the csp github without track authors permission, but yeah food for thought
I'm also on the side that those tracks have a higher gamma look. But i think, its because of the better compatibility with vanilla AC. At the end of all this discussions its the ksDiffuse shader which brings big differences to the look of the textures.
So it mainly depends on the parameters of the sunlight.
But to bring more confusion into this discussion, just look at some photos of landscapes with trees and bushes and then you realize the green and esp. its saturation in AC is nothing near what it could be on a screen.

But yes, the FAT ALFIE tracks are brighter/gamma like then other tracks. But imo i see this as kind of a style, because on the other side, they are all very consistent in their look.

Last edited:
Should be good to go once some issues are sorted out (like my guy clipping through the seat, man's a magician). Oh and the non-functional wipers but I don't use RainFX so it doesn't bother me that much.

View attachment 1175152
View attachment 1175153

LM version was a right pain in the arse. Had to cut up the front so the lights would be visible.. And it's missing the glass mesh.

omagad omagad omagad :drool:

Well when I said "Maybe there's something in his configs that causes this" I meant just for racinjoe as they seem to be the only one suffering from this problem. Personally (and for everyone else too by the looks of it) I have never felt any of Fat-Alfie's tracks have needed tweaking as they always look damn good to me and the colours are always on point
Yep i was agreeing and backing up your point hence the quote.
Clearly thousands aren't clamouring to alter it with the config on RD.
So it must be the many variations of filters and settings at play.
Change it for one and alters another's.

Yep i was agreeing and backing up your point hence the quote.
Clearly thousands aren't clamouring to alter it with the config on RD.
So it must be the many variations of filters and settings at play.
Change it for one and alters another's.
oof sorry, my bad for reading your reply wrong then. I blame just coming off a night shift and my brain not quite up to full speed (well half speed as it never quite runs at full speed 😁)

View attachment 1175152
View attachment 1175153

will there be a download link?

Hey everyone! I’ve been seeing this new modding group around called 1st Studio. Looks like they have some great cars that fill some holes in the AC roster, but their mods are ridiculously expensive. Is there a consensus here about the quality of this groups mods? Mostly interested in the LMP2 and 3’s.

Hey everyone! I’ve been seeing this new modding group around called 1st Studio. Looks like they have some great cars that fill some holes in the AC roster, but their mods are ridiculously expensive. Is there a consensus here about the quality of this groups mods? Mostly interested in the LMP2 and 3’s.
Pretty ok mods I guess. And the currency is Brazilian Real, it aint't expensive...;)

@Rainmaker87 I would be obliged if you could remove the new physical road meshes from your track update, maybe it is better to prepare them according to your needs. I also deleted my post with the download links in order not to spread it further.

Thank you

Any good street versions of the Nissan 240z out there? I did some searching and it looks like these two were shared 2 years ago, but the link is dead. Top one seems especially nice if anyone has it :)

1658409304969.png
1658409324396.png

If you actually convert from Brazilian currency their 15 dollars is actually £2.30.
I bulk purchased a load of them, all rips but good models.

@Rainmaker87 I would be obliged if you could remove the new physical road meshes from your track update, maybe it is better to prepare them according to your needs. I also deleted my post with the download links in order not to spread it further.

Thank you
Your updates and contributions are excellent. I don't think @Rainmaker87 was upset about you making them. He's making updates himself, other versions are being released, and everything can get confusing and messy real fast to the point that no one is sure which version of the track they should be downloading and using.

As this track is still in a state of "flux," with Rainmaker87 releasing updates, he wants anyone else that's making updates to PM him so he can include them with his next update. This reduces the confusion and having multiple versions of the track at different stages or versions of updates.

If you want to release your updates so everyone can try them, which I think you should, before Rainmaker87 releases another update, add your initials or something to the track and folder name so it's a separate version, and include information that this is an alternate, review, or test version until your updates are integrated into the the "main" version of the track.

Last edited:
Effectively 3 more cars.

First up, racing 2CV, loosely based on the UK series of nutters racing very slow French cars made for shopping for bread and croissants.
General idea is they stay pretty much the same bar roll cage, light tuning and fabricating a solid roof.
This Uncle M's race version so cage already in but removed the fabric roof and changed how it drives, made it 50 odd BHP as that is how they race, they have top speed of 80mph but i made it 100mph because sims feel 20mph slower (i made that up but 80 was too slow).
Aside from that some ropey skins, very hard to skin this car.
It is IMO fun around small tracks obviously.
Its hungry for some reason compared to other mods, not sure why yet, but i can still run 19 odd AI.

__custom_showroom_1658410302.jpg

Next up is an idea i had to make a USA Street stock type car.
Cheap form of racing and not as intense as a full blown NASCAR type job, so great for small ovals or short ovals as the teleprompter would tell Joe Biden.... repeat the line end of quote.

It also has a dirt track variant using legions great dirt tyres so be minded to before a race change your tyre's to the 'dirt' tyres and let the AI use the other ones, please you must do this..
The AI is rapid compared to you, so lower AI skills, honestly they will shame you on 100%.

Both have lights removed but i left the lower lights and rear lights because ovals look great at night.
Stripped both out and added cage, seat and the dirt one added dirt tyres.

Added dents to get the feel of some bashed up old budget oval car....

The standard one I real fun on Joesville short oval....

I changed the file names one my other computer so let me know if any problems as didn't check they all worked. If they do work nothing will overwrite anything else if you have the originals.

__custom_showroom_1658408436.jpg
__custom_showroom_1658408398.jpg

Screenshot_citroen2cv_70_race_ks_silverstone_21-6-122-14-19-16.jpg

Screenshot_buick_gnx_dirt_knoxville_2_21-6-122-14-28-17.jpg

Links:

Your updates and contributions are excellent. I don't think @Rainmaker87 was upset about you making them. He's making updates himself, other versions are being released, and everything can get confusing and messy real fast to the point that no one is sure which version of the track they should be downloading and using.

As this track is still in a state of "flux," with Rainmaker87 releasing updates, he wants anyone else that's making updates to PM him so he can include them with his next update. This reduces the confusion and having multiple versions of the track at different stages or versions of updates.

If you want to release your updates so everyone can try them, which I think you should, before Rainmaker87 releases another update, add your initials or something to the track and folder name so it's a separate version, and include information that this is an alternate, review, or test version until your updates are integrated into the the "main" version of the track.
I didn't and won't ever put my stamp, initials etc. on another's work or seal approve it for my personal profit. Like it or not since I altered the models.ini it is a new version which I didn't claimed as mine. I left it to the forum and the author to decide the final next version of the track. The author could decide which of the meshes likes and issue v2.3. That simple, without pointing the finger to anyone.

I am terribly sorry to stand at this situation, so let's remove my meshes and continue from 2.1 or whatever number the author likes. Let's say it was an unfortunate parenthesis.

Last edited:
I didn't and won't ever put my stamp, initials etc. on another's work or seal approved for my personal profit. Like it or not since I altered the models.ini it is a new version which I didn't claimed as mine. I left it to the forum and the author to decide the final next version of the track. The author could decide which of the meshes likes and issue v2.3. That simple, without pointing the finger to anyone.

I am terribly sorry to stand at this situation, so let's remove my meshes and continue from 2.1 or whatever number the author likes. Let's say it was an unfortunate parenthesis.
It really needed a new mesh I'm glad you made some options. Hopefully this can be sorted as its many people offering solutions that makes this place what it is.
New shades of trees and such like is all well and good but if the road surface is fundamentally broken (which it was) its rendered useless.
I'm just glad I downloaded them before you pulled them.
I say if you find someone who works magic on road meshes, hold on to them for dear life.

i didn't expect that. the Group 5s are finally coming. I still dunno what Group 5s are missing still lol
I mis the zakspeed capri the big wing car(supercapri 2 turbo).
The one that is illegal. .

And the zakspeed lotus europa.

The k4 drm not the gtp spec.

The simca 1000 gr 5

Attachments

• 277753798_511232917174912_846138533790611675_n.jpg
    277753798_511232917174912_846138533790611675_n.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 216515111_854972488767985_1219231250888603592_n.jpg
    216515111_854972488767985_1219231250888603592_n.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 19
  • tumblr_msjnx4GeAG1r0brpio1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_msjnx4GeAG1r0brpio1_1280.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 22
  • b14fac6fe86ed0e187711032f81e0036--group-lotus.jpg
    b14fac6fe86ed0e187711032f81e0036--group-lotus.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 22

Exactly that´s the point.

Thank you
As you wish. Restored v2.1 again.

Exactly that´s the point.

As you wish. Restored v2.1 again.
I really don't get it. Pugsang made this track drivable as in several spots there were unusual bumps and have to excuse for his great job? His post was a form of contact and proposal. Dabaeda is shooting with his updates (which are great) and you don't have a problem with that. This is ridicuolus. Version 2.1 is a bin for me oppose to a version with new road mesh which is definitely a keeper. Road mesh and kerbs are most important for driving on any track. And I have high respect for you and all your contributions.

I didn't and won't ever put my stamp, initials etc. on another's work or seal approve it for my personal profit. Like it or not since I altered the models.ini it is a new version which I didn't claimed as mine. I left it to the forum and the author to decide the final next version of the track. The author could decide which of the meshes likes and issue v2.3. That simple, without pointing the finger to anyone.

It appears that a misunderstanding will prevent others in this group from enjoying your contributions and excellent work.

Releasing a separate full track mod test-version is perfectly fine, and it's nothing like taking full credit for someone else's work. Someone else did that all the time, and he's still doing it, but not allowed to post here. What you're doing is NOTHING at all like that.

You're offering your talents and providing your work for the benefit of all, including @Rainmaker87. If you want feedback and release a full-working version of the track, you might label it "v2.1-pugtest01" or something to indicate it's for others to test your work and contribution to the mod. Also include information in the .json file that this it's your test version, ask for feedback, and add that your version's features will be added to the main version when it's updated.

I hope you understand that your work is appreciated by everyone, and again, I don't think anyone believes you're trying to take credit for anyone else's work. You're improvements are needed.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back