Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,797 comments
Thanks. So @DaBaeda, Crystal Palace doesn't load without CM. ("TRACK NOT FOUND") Folder path checked and OK. Could you pls fix it?
It is load only if you use CSP!!
If it is turned off, the track not loading.
(There is a models.ini, I don't know it is working correctly only with CSP? or not?)

@Atticus
I think the folder name and the kn5 name should be the same.
So, you can load the track if you rename and delete the dm_ suffix from the folder name. Be sure, that you didn't have the original gplea crystal palace folder!

BUT! I don't know in this case, everything is loaded well as DaBaeda made (models.ini) or not.

Last edited:
@El Locho I've checked my v1.0 but i don't have any issue like yours :-/

View attachment 1175007View attachment 1175008
It looks as if (my) CM or CSP are messing up the fast_lane.ai when loading the track for the first time...

Blender import of fast_lane.ai straight from the download:
1658343753403.png

Blender import after starting a session:
1658343845923.png

It is load only if you use CSP!!
If it is turned off, the track not loading.
(There is a models.ini, I don't know it is working correctly only with CSP? or not?)

@Atticus
I think the folder name and the kn5 name should be the same.
So, you can load the track if you rename and delete the dm_ suffix from the folder name. Be sure, that you didn't have the original gplea crystal palace folder!

BUT! I don't know in this case, everything is loaded well as DaBaeda made (models.ini) or not.
Thank you, Tibi. (Köszi! :))

That worked!

From my experience, a newly created AI line creates its own sidelines (not very well) which is why you are seeing the inferior ones.
If your new sideline files exist in the data folder, load the track while pressing and holdng the shift key, and your new sidelines will bake into the AI file you created, replacing the inferior ones.
Yes, that's what I did. With the original ai line it shows my sidelines (as red, no yellow lines). When I switch to my new ai line, for some reason those new sidelines don't show, but there are the "track default"/scrambled ones.
Might it have something to do with the track crossing over/underneath itself? As I said, this bridge is the only area where the sidelines go crazy.

Trying to make some skins for myself for some of Fat-Alife's tracks. On my system some of his tracks always look faded to me. Need an opinion, did I go too far? I might have overdid it on the saturation and darkening of the textures. Any suggestions, like are things too yellow or blue tinted, where to add\reduce saturation, brightness, etc. Thanks for any suggestions...

No skin:
fonteny_no_skin.jpg

Skin:
fonteny_skin.jpg

I did improve my ext_config.ini for maebashi. Now there are more areas covered with 3D Grass. I did also animate the water on Lake Ono and the little river alongside the road.

I liked to drive the original track on Colin McRae: DIRT.
Thanks, I appreciate your patience and availability, in these days I will try your work!

Yeah, I had Colin McRae Dirt for Playstation.. I was fan of the saga form the first videogame... too arcade but much fun!
Have a nice rally days!! ;)

Trying to make some skins for myself for some of Fat-Alife's tracks. On my system some of his tracks always look faded to me. Need an opinion, did I go too far? I might have overdid it on the saturation and darkening of the textures. Any suggestions, like are things too yellow or blue tinted, where to add\reduce saturation, brightness, etc. Thanks for any suggestions...
It's Fat-Alfie, not Fat-Alive... :D
But after reading your post I drove on a couple of Alfies tracks and I really think it's your system/settings.
As an example I took a screenshot at Fonteny (latest CSP/SOL, clear and _Sol pp filter, no other changes) which looks perfectly good to me on my triples.
I believe there are too many variables involved (system, monitor(s), CSP and SOL settings etc.) to have one 'best' setting for everyone.
It's easy enough to change some of the parameters involved (even a simple change of track exposure in SOL) without the need for skins (which are probably pretty time consuming).
Just my 2cts though...:)

fonteny_st.png

But after reading your post I drove on a couple of Alfies tracks and I really think it's your system/settings.
As an example I took a screenshot at Fonteny (latest CSP/SOL, clear and _Sol pp filter, no other changes) which looks perfectly good to me on my triples.
I believe there are too many variables involved (system, monitor(s), CSP and SOL settings etc.) to have one 'best' setting for everyone.
It's easy enough to change some of the parameters involved (even a simple change of track exposure in SOL) without the need for skins (which are probably pretty time consuming).

View attachment 1175062
I have to agree with you here Fana, my Fat-alfie tracks look like yours and I've never felt like they are washed out or need improving with track skins etc.

@racinjoe013 Have you tried a ppfilter change or maybe SOL or Pure need updating - i dunno what settings you have or what pc you use though

RUAPUNA PARK 2012 update v2.2

-New physical road mesh

Please test it and tell me if you need me to lower down the bumps or if it is OK as it is

And here are options b and c. Choose wisely :)

And my personal favorite option d

I have just tried the first option (a?). Downloaded it when there was still only one :D
Feels pretty good to me. Now I have to get used to not having that nasty bump right before Kelford Camtech Corner...
Will have the check the others too now...choices, choices...

I have to agree with you here Fana, my Fat-alfie tracks look like yours and I've never felt like they are washed out or need improving with track skins etc.

@racinjoe013 Have you tried a ppfilter change or maybe SOL or Pure need updating - i dunno what settings you have or what pc you use though
I've tried all things mentioned and his tracks are the only ones that I have such a faded look with. Thomson looks fine, but for some reason tracks like Fonteny, Bremgarten, etc. all come out faded. I actually made a ppfilter just for those tracks that made things less faded, but I got tired of always having to switch so I decided to go the skin route this time.

Oh yeah, sorry about the typo on his name. I'll pay closer attention from now on with so many spell checkers around here.

Last edited:
This one ? https://sharemods.com/cmojrmbz5kdo/nr_mazda_miata_gingium.7z.html

This link gave me no issues (just downloaded it to check).

View attachment 1175067
No the big fat MX5 i posted up few days ago, he added lods and all sorts, I have it now thanks to a member here, my windows security didn't like it.
Screenshot_mazda_m5_race_hellie_lilski_road_america_19-6-122-0-9-49.jpg

Obviously a false positive but it totally stopped me from downloading it.

For me I like what EASY does as i don't care about my original links or whatever or who made what, I like though that he does add stuff that i can't at present.
Granted it could make me lazy as i know he'll add stuff so i don't need to learn that bit.
For me its a bit like that old tale of the Elves and the shoemaker....

But i totally get why many aren't keen.

Last edited:
... Just my 2cts though...:)...
And now, mine two...

Since for me Fat-Alfie is a GOD making mods, I don't consider myself worthy of altering his perfect works of art with external additions, so the only updates that I install on his tracks are the ones that publishes himself.

In fact, if he decided to paint the trees pink it would seem perfect to me, such is my devotion to his work... :bowdown:

Last edited:

My take is that racinjoe is right, and its just that some filters like the stock sol and pure ones compensate for it with autoexposure (you can confirm this by checking the exposure level (e.g. in pp tab of pure config) on a fat alfie track vs a KS one, you will see that exposure is lower on the fat alfie one).

It's OK but the downside is that the sky and car interior will be darker at the same time of day/sunangle than on another track where the brightness of the environment is at a "normal" level.
Normalising the brightness as racinjoe is doing, means that the aforementioned is fixed, and that filters which avoid/minimise autoexposure usage (the point of which is that the sky isn't constantly getting brighter and darker as you drive in and out of the shade) work nicely as they do on KS tracks.

question for racinjoe, any ideas on how to make your work easier to consume? i'm never going to download and install all these fixes from RD, too much hassle. obviously "subjective" things like this one can't be shoved in the csp github without track authors permission, but yeah food for thought

question for racinjoe, any ideas on how to make your work easier to consume? i'm never going to download and install all these fixes from RD, too much hassle. obviously "subjective" things like this one can't be shoved in the csp github without track authors permission, but yeah food for thought
Basically stuff like this in extension file... that's it. You could do it yourself in 5 mins.

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION = trees darker
MATERIALS = TREES_A01,TREES_A02,
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.1
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.275

DESCRIPTION = trees brighter
MATERIALS = c430c021.dds, fc3fa4fc.dds, bc5b29fa.dds, 9f7ee498.dds, b0c0d7c0.dds, 56ed511e.dds,
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.525
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.175

DESCRIPTION = grass darker
MATERIALS = GRASS,
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.14
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.125

Last edited:
I've tried all things mentioned and his tracks are the only ones that I have such a faded look with. Thomson looks fine, but for some reason tracks like Fonteny, Bremgarten, etc. all come out faded. I actually made a ppfilter just for those tracks that made things less faded, but I got tired of always having to switch so I decided to go the skin route this time.

Oh yeah, sorry about the typo on his name. I'll pay closer attention from now on with so many spell checkers around here.
That's weird that it's only a few of his tracks that do that. Maybe there's something in his configs that cause this. But as you said, doing it via a skin does mean less switching of ppfilters each time you wanna drive one of his tracks.

Last edited:
That's weird that it's only a few of his tracks that do that. Maybe there's something in his configs that cause this. But as you said, doing it via a skin does mean less switching of ppfilters each time you wanna drive one of his tracks.
Feldbergring by FA has over 85 thousand downloads via RD.
The track fix extension with some colour corrections has just over 600 downloads.
Using some rough logic although not fail safe, granted.
If it was such a problem I'd guess those would be more equal or he'd of fixed it by now.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back