Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Hey guys, how are we?

Is there any LMH packs out yet or recommended mods to make a 2023 pack? What about BOP? Looking to do some community races with them.

Thank you kindly.

Look on this Discord (if the invite works). They might be restricting access at the moment as there was an increase of new members. If I remember correctly, you have to take a snapshot of a Youtube channel and post it on the Discord, then you get access to the mod downloads. I think these are all BOPd for online races. Some of the mods could use a little more work.

preview.jpg

Last edited:
Look on this Discord (if the invite works). They might be restricting access at the moment as there was an increase of new members. If I remember correctly, you have to take a snapshot of a Youtube channel and post it on the Discord, then you get access to the mod downloads. I think these are all BOPd for online races. Some of the mods could use a little more work.

View attachment 1232880
search around for the scamdream LMDh's get thegosts Peugeot 9X8 and URD's Glicc and Toyota. FSR has the Vanwall aswell.
Thanks guys.

Nissan 300ZX JGTC - Castrol Racing Liveries

These fictional liveries are almost done - currently fiddling with rear-body irregular angles that require more than your average nip-tucks adjustments...

This is another favourite mod (thanks @Greg_ST ) - it just needs headlights and wipers to be a complete car-package. BTW - any news on these missing items?

View attachment 1232651

Nissan 300ZX JGTC - Rothmans Livery WIP

Another fictional livery that ought to be a 'classic' in our racing-ledger, and is also in the works... Well suited livery for the mod.

View attachment 1233064
WOW very nice Liveries and happy to add them if you like too
Now about the (headlights and wipers), I don't have the knowledge to make headlights like the one from Project cars 2 has IMAGE
or like the (GT Vortex v10) from RSS
The wipers are somehow easier and I know how to animate them in 3d max

I know that. The thing is by changing the front nose I will need to make a new AO, then update all the skin again to the new one, which leads me to the "pain in the A$$"
I think the RSS version is better like the (GT Vortex v10) has
oh yeah...just "simply" making another standalone car, since jgtc version had never ...would be great

Last edited:
I know that. The thing is by changing the front nose I will need to make a new AO, then update all the skin again to the new one, which leads me to the "pain in the A$$"
I think the RSS version is better like the (GT Vortex v10) has
Your combined feedback is of great interest regarding this model... Whilst working on another livery, I recalled VCR's Chevette had glasscovers on their model... I've no experience in 3D modelling (but keenly interested) and thought, how complex could it be to do something like VCR's mod???

If anyone out there (a 3D modeller preferably) could jump in to assist with doing some work on the headlights (not like the PC3 mod), but rather, like the VCR mod - that would be awesome...

Headlight Covers ON:
Nissan 300ZX - VRC ARC Chevrette 28__with-headlight-covers.png

Headlight Covers OFF:
Nissan 300ZX - VRC ARC Chevrette 28__without-headlight-covers.png

@Greg_ST - if and where possible (time dependent & no rush) you could plan to work on the wipers at your leisure...

I have a question

I have a collection of about 200 amazing cars, and I really enjoy driving them in vr. I have an issue at night though, a good majority of them are undriveable due to really bad headlights? I have turned the brightness up to 200% and it helped a little, but still is a challenge.

It's strange, as some cars have amazing headlights.

Is it because the original game didn't have night time?

I feel bad for moaning as it's so freaking amazing this game thanks to the incredible mods

I have a question

I have a collection of about 200 amazing cars, and I really enjoy driving them in vr. I have an issue at night though, a good majority of them are undriveable due to really bad headlights? I have turned the brightness up to 200% and it helped a little, but still is a challenge.

It's strange, as some cars have amazing headlights.

Is it because the original game didn't have night time?

I feel bad for moaning as it's so freaking amazing this game thanks to the incredible mods
Those headlights comes with CSP and they actually need to be configured in light configs. Some of those configs are default settings comming with CSP already, some of them are made by other people and they will be downloaded automatically by CM. Some light configs are made by the creators of the car and put into the car's folder and have then a higher priority to be used.
There is no real base to do those lights. Its always dependent on what weather script and ppfilter is used. If the ppfilter is gaining the exposure too much, then the people settings those lights to weak.
I try to bring a little bit of a standard to AC in terms of nighttimes and exposure levels.
But it relay misses a standard of light intensities, which needs to be set.
And then there is also another part, that some people don't know what to set in those light configs.
F.e. the people set RGB levels like this 255,240,128,1 . But the base is 1 and the 4th value is the multiplier. (1,0.94,0.5,10)
So there are many fluctuations why those configs are different.
It would need a standard, but some people don't realy care about and doing just stuff which looks good on their own pcs.

Last edited:
Those headlights comes with CSP and they actually need to be configured in light configs. Some of those configs are default settings comming with CSP already, some of them are made by other people and they will be downloaded automatically by CM. Some light configs are made by the creators of the car and put into the car's folder and have then a higher priority to be used.
There is no real base to do those lights. Its always dependent on what weather script and ppfilter is used. If the ppfilter is gaining the exposure too much, then the people settings those lights to weak.
I try to bring a little bit of a standard to AC in terms of nighttimes and exposure levels.
But it relay misses a standard of light intensities, which needs to be set.
And then there is also another part, that some people don't know what to set in those light configs.
F.e. the people set RGB levels like this 255,240,128,1 . But the base is 1 and the 4th value is the multiplier. (1,0.94,0.5,10)
So there are many fluctuations why those configs are different.
It would need a standard, but some people don't realy care about and doing just stuff which looks good on their own pcs.
Learn something every day (with the base 1). Thanks! I'd love to see everyone chime in when they have (or can bestow) a lightbulb moment... (What did YOU learn today?)

I need a little insight (alot really) on uv mapping and such... I'm working on changing the Lola B2k10 Porsche body to the airbox (instead of air nacelles) version. When I export the .kn5 from CM to .fbx, I can load and look at it in Blender no prob. But even if I do absolutely nothing to it and export that .fbx out of Blender to .kn5 severely breaks it, texture wise (for example the center headlight and headlights loses its transparency), and otherwise (the steering wheel flips side to side when steered instead of rotating around its axis). The export also shows many errors for missing textures (but still exports ok), this could be fixed I guess.
Is this common when using Blender on the-files-of-others? Is there a better route (through other export formats) that can avoid these problems?

So now I'm trying to leave the original model .kn5 un-touched, and add the airbox with ext-config, but man, some hoop jumpin going on to develop it. I already did a detailed version that altered the original .kn5 but abandoned it for now. I suppose just normal when learning new software (Blender) but if anyone has any insights into the above I'd be grateful!

Test#1Million.jpg
B2k10-Champion-GARRC-Daytona2001-03.jpg

Last edited:
I need a little insight (alot really) on uv mapping and such... I'm working on changing the Lola B2k10 Porsche body to the airbox (instead of air nacelles) version. When I export the .kn5 from CM to .fbx, I can load and look at it in Blender no prob. But even if I do absolutely nothing to it and export that .fbx out of Blender to .kn5 severely breaks it, texture wise (for example the center headlight and headlights loses its transparency), and otherwise (the steering wheel flips side to side when steered instead of rotating around its axis). The export also shows many errors for missing textures (but still exports ok), this could be fixed I guess.
Is this common when using Blender on the-files-of-others? Is there a better route (through other export formats) that can avoid these problems?

So now I'm trying to leave the original model .kn5 un-touched, and add the airbox with ext-config, but man, some hoop jumpin going on to develop it. I already did a detailed version that altered the original .kn5 but abandoned it for now. I suppose just normal when learning new software (Blender) but if anyone has any insights into the above I'd be grateful!

View attachment 1233220View attachment 1233222
the transparency issue seems to be a random thing when exporting from blender where the transparency doesn't read from the persistence file for whatever reason. Simple fix tho, can just mark everything back to their original transparency in kseditor/showroom

Steering wheel sounds like an issue with the steering animation (though idk how blender would cause that) or the steer_HR dummy is not centered on the steering wheel for whatever reason. Never had that issue

Materials thing it could be a case of different materials having the same name, so blender organizes them like material.00x which kseditor recognizes as a completely new material with no info in persistence hence why textures would be missing. but again never encountered this problem normally

what settings are you importing/exporting with? seems like an issue is happening there

the transparency issue seems to be a random thing when exporting from blender where the transparency doesn't read from the persistence file for whatever reason. Simple fix tho, can just mark everything back to their original transparency in kseditor/showroom

Steering wheel sounds like an issue with the steering animation (though idk how blender would cause that) or the steer_HR dummy is not centered on the steering wheel for whatever reason. Never had that issue

Materials thing it could be a case of different materials having the same name, so blender organizes them like material.00x which kseditor recognizes as a completely new material with no info in persistence hence why textures would be missing. but again never encountered this problem normally

what settings are you importing/exporting with? seems like an issue is happening there
Exporting to .kn5 doesn't seem to have any setting/options. Is that what you meant? I noticed that .fbx exports have options to save by...
I'll check this steer HR dummy to see if that's affecting it. Thanks!

Exporting to .kn5 doesn't seem to have any setting/options. Is that what you meant? I noticed that .fbx exports have options to save by...
I'll check this steer HR dummy to see if that's affecting it. Thanks!
i mean importing/exporting from blender. I assume you're just unpacking kn5 from cm showroom and importing straight to blender?

Your combined feedback is of great interest regarding this model... Whilst working on another livery, I recalled VCR's Chevette had glasscovers on their model... I've no experience in 3D modelling (but keenly interested) and thought, how complex could it be to do something like VCR's mod???

If anyone out there (a 3D modeller preferably) could jump in to assist with doing some work on the headlights (not like the PC3 mod), but rather, like the VCR mod - that would be awesome...

Headlight Covers ON:
View attachment 1233116

Headlight Covers OFF:
View attachment 1233117

@Greg_ST - if and where possible (time dependent & no rush) you could plan to work on the wipers at your leisure...
If you look at the Kunos Porsche 908 you'll find the combo to use for making the covers paintable. Need to be mapped though.

Does someone know how to fix a problem with bonny's mercedes amg gt3 evo that show the liveries with blancpain sponsors all over tha way ?
sorry if that's been question before.
Thanks

Wing is now fixed, seriously why would they put forza aero on this beautiful machine.
Drove this car yesterday and tbh it needs a lot of fixing!
  • Folder name too long
  • A lot of understeer with stock setup, not very DTMish
  • No Cockpit_HR, no LODs, no AO
  • Skin as PNG not DDS
  • No wiper, no inner windshield, no broken glass, nor damage or dirt textures, no extended physics
  • Some very odd shader settings

So I'd say the wing was the least problem of this car. :D

i mean importing/exporting from blender. I assume you're just unpacking kn5 from cm showroom and importing straight to blender?
Yes, I'm importing the .fbx generated by CM straight to blender. Everything looks great in blender (all transparencies in place) but exporting back to .kn5 breaks it (with 25+ errors incl. the dang steering wheel). I've decided to go back to altering the original. I'll make it right topographically, then I'll go after the errors. The other way (ext config) didn't allow enough changes to convince me. Airbox ended up looking like a foreign part. And this way I can fix all the niggles elsewhere in the model. Having lots of fun actually :) Been a long time (decades!) since I've modelled anything. Blender actually can do most of what my old Symbolics system could, just not as elegantly ;) And about $300,000. less :)(A little look at that software: )
B2k10-Blender.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I'm importing the .fbx generated by CM straight to blender. Everything looks great in blender (all transparencies in place) but exporting back to .kn5 breaks it (with 25+ errors incl. the dang steering wheel). I've decided to go back to altering the original. I'll make it right topographically, then I'll go after the errors. The other way (ext config) didn't allow enough changes to convince me. Airbox ended up looking like a foreign part. And this way I can fix all the niggles elsewhere in the model. Having lots of fun actually :) Been a long time (decades!) since I've modelled anything. Blender actually can do most of what my old Symbolics system could, just not as elegantly ;) And about $300,000. less :)View attachment 1233455
Why export to kn5 from blender?
(just because there is the option, does not assume it is the only/proper way)

try:
1. export model with CM
2. edit model in blender
3. export as FBX from blender, save file in the folder you extracted with CM (the one with model.fbx and model.fbx.ini)
4. load FBX in ksEditor (persistence model.fx.ini should load if filename matches (preserving all original shaders/values)
5. verify/modify shaders as needed in ksEditor
6. save as kn5 from ksEditor

Last edited:
If you look at the Kunos Porsche 908 you'll find the combo to use for making the covers paintable. Need to be mapped though.
Thanks for the heads up... Since we already know the lights don't work, did try to apply paint to the headlight covers for the Gulf livery, and as suggested, they weren't mapped - so the attempt was ineffective.

...thought I had recently read on this thread that lighting could be possible & applied by utilising the 'customs emissive' function via CSP... Might read up some more on that subject.

WIP - Gulf Racing Livery

300ZX__#43_1.png

BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2003 Release!!!!
Download:
Converted From Gran Turismo 6 By Peter Crill
-AO inside and out done
-Dashboard wip
-CSP Settings
-Physics BY VRDRIVING
-Factory Colors BY VRDRIVING
-Working Wipers
-Self Ligth
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@takum1,@Mascot,and others
View attachment 1231815View attachment 1231816View attachment 1231817View attachment 1231818View attachment 1231819View attachment 1231820View attachment 1231821View attachment 1231822
Great... i'll DL it and try to drive it!
By the way, I read that you are converting from GT6, but I wonder if it is possible to convert tracks as well, like the original tracks like Cape Ring, Eiger Nordwand, Matterhorn, etc. or city tracks like Rome, Circuito de Madrid, etc. to Assetto Corsa. I'd like to drive on them as well.

Attachments

• スクリーンショット_20230222_220742.png
    スクリーンショット_20230222_220742.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 15
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back