Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Why export to kn5 from blender?
(just because there is the option, does not assume it is the only/proper way)

try:
1. export model with CM
2. edit model in blender
3. export as FBX from blender, save file in the folder you extracted with CM (the one with model.fbx and model.fbx.ini)
4. load FBX in ksEditor (persistence model.fx.ini should load if filename matches (preserving all original shaders/values)
5. verify/modify shaders as needed in ksEditor
6. save as kn5 from ksEditor
Why indeed. This is why I ask questions :) I'm looking for the proper way. Thanks!

EDIT:
So that works, sort of. No errors on export. The transparency is all good, but now the wheels and steering wheel aren't rotating (locked) as the car is driven around. Something I forgot in the export? RMI? Anyone?

EDIT: Do I need to re-set up the wheel rotation in Blender? (or KSEditor?)

Last edited:
Finally, he opens the eyesView attachment 1233485
That's great news @Greg_ST... Who did you have to kill to get the headlights modelled into the car??? :lol: Or is that the 'customs emissive' function at work???

Great effort deserves great rewards... Well done!

WIP - Winfield Racing Livery

This is another classic livery from downunder and it looks mean...

300ZX__#01_2.png

300ZX__#01_3.png

Last edited:
Hello,
This track needs a big update 😏

circuit de Mornay
Author : unknown
Version : 2017

REAL
vues-davion-18-1140x595.jpg
REAL
Mornay.jpg

IN GAME
Capture1.JPG

This track is not finished. No updates for the CSP (GrassFX, TreesFX, .......) and problem with the pits (car at the start in the grass), track preview error, the information in the json file is not complete

A modder interested in making the update ???

No information about the original modder .....

THANKS A LOT GUYS !

Last edited:
He is probably a Bugatti EB110?
No, it is the Nissan 300zx JGTC, but with headlights now

That's great news @Greg_ST... Who did you have to kill to get the headlights modelled into the car??? :lol: Or is that the 'customs emissive' function at work???

Great effort deserves great rewards... Well done!

WIP - Winfield Racing Livery

This is another classic livery from downunder and it looks mean...

View attachment 1233560
View attachment 1233562
Somehow i take the headlights from another 300zx model from Gran Turismo 6, and somehow with my little 3ds knowledge i manage to put the headlights i move the air tube littlest down so they don't mess with the headlights (in good that you can see them) and now it has headlights "open eyes but with little eye gum on it:lol::lol::lol:"

Great... i'll DL it and try to drive it!
By the way, I read that you are converting from GT6, but I wonder if it is possible to convert tracks as well, like the original tracks like Cape Ring, Eiger Nordwand, Matterhorn, etc. or city tracks like Rome, Circuito de Madrid, etc. to Assetto Corsa. I'd like to drive on them as well.
Its all Japan. & i don't understand it.

Also, the new GT7 update came out with a new Vision GT car called the EXENEO by Italdesign. Im not sure when we'll be seeing this car ported to AC.
italdesignstreet-jpg.642128

Oh & speaking of GT tracks being ported to AC, i would also love to see Grand Valley Highway [AKA: GT7's Grand Valley Speedway] being ported to AC too.
gvh2-jpg.642091

Last edited:
Has anyone explored adding more pits for VheEth's Interlagos? The track is the best looking Interlagos imo, its a shame the pits are limited to just 23

Last edited:
Hey guys, the Radical SR3 XXR drop on RD is kind of a strange one. You would think that URD would pass on some info. to
radical_motorsport so they can address peoples problems installing it but nah, :lol:

Anyways, if anyone has a solution for someone using CM + base CSP with no SOL or Pure please help.

So I have determined that:
  • a CM export of the Lola B2k10 .fbx
  • loaded into Blender
  • exported from blender as .fbx (nothing changed for this test)
  • loaded into KSEditorAT V6
  • saved to .kn5
When this is opened in AC:
  • the wheels are not rotating
  • front wheels don't steer
  • steering wheel doesn't turn (the car turns when required though)
Inspecting the Lola's wheel hierarchy in Blender shows:
  • everything in the wheel hierarchy, from the top, has a Z-forward orientation
  • apparently there is no dummy at the top of the wheel hierarchy.
Comparing this to the KS Porsche 908 lh:
  • the top of the wheel hierarchy is Z-Forward
  • the disc (and other stuff at the first level down) (for example) below it is also Z-Forward (is this a dummy?)
  • everything below this (the meshes) are all Z-Upward (the blender orientation)

This obvious difference between the two says to me (low on the learning curve right now!) that the Lola's particular wheel structure isn't surviving this CM-fbx-blender-fbx-kseditor-kn5 process, and that's what's causing the wheel lockups. Does this ring any bells for anyone?
Now I will investigate whether I need to add a dummy layer to each wheel and manually rotate the axes for the bits below it. Sure hope I'm not spinning my wheels here. (haha).

OR, can I just re-orient the existing stuff in KSEditor or CM?

My export settings, in case anyone sees an obvious problem...

In the meantime, the problem with the transparency and missing maps is cured. (Thanks RMI!) Modelling continues... (looks like I'm taking a whole page here... sorry! (pythonesque sorry)
Progressing.jpg
My-Blender-Export-Settings.JPG

Last edited:
Its all Japan. & i don't understand it.

Also, the new GT7 update came out with a new Vision GT car called the EXENEO by Italdesign. Im not sure when we'll be seeing this car ported to AC.
italdesignstreet-jpg.642128

Oh & speaking of GT tracks being ported to AC, i would also love to see Grand Valley Highway [AKA: GT7's Grand Valley Speedway] being ported to AC too.
gvh2-jpg.642091
Also reminds me that i didn't do any progress on the classic Grand Valley conversion...

• loaded into Blender
  • saved to .kn5
  • the disc (and other stuff at the first level down) (for example) below it is also Z-Forward (is this a dummy?)

This obvious difference between the two says to me (low on the learning curve right now!) that the Lola's particular wheel structure isn't surviving this CM-fbx-blender-fbx-kseditor-kn5 process, and that's what's causing the wheel lockups. Does this ring any bells for anyone?
Now I will investigate whether I need to add a dummy layer to each wheel and manually rotate the axes for the bits below it. Sure hope I'm not spinning my wheels here. (haha).

In the meantime, the problem with the transparency and missing maps is cured. (Thanks RMI!) Modelling continues... (looks like I'm taking a whole page here... sorry! (pythonesque sorry)
View attachment 1233669
can you link whatever fbx/kn5 you're working with. Because I can import/export a lola b2k10 without any issues (well apart from ****** normals from bad mod quality)

can you link whatever fbx/kn5 you're working with. Because I can import/export a lola b2k10 without any issues (well apart from ****** normals from bad mod quality)"

I PM'd you a link. (I think) Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
  • loaded into Blender
  • saved to .kn5

My export settings, in case anyone sees an obvious problem...

View attachment 1233669View attachment 1233729
You need to export the empties as well, because they define the rotation axis and are functional in game. I tried it yesterday, imported into ksEditor with all transparencies in place and worked fine in game.

1677136236706.png

Be aware that Blender has a 63 characters limit on object names, which is why objects with a longer name will get renamed on import. This can lead to problems, especially if those objects are referenced inside the data/ext files - and the materials/shader settings inside ksEditor might be messed up as well due to renamed object/mesh names.

Last edited:
@sab001

Your issue lied in how you exported it as I assumed
export.png

when you export, you're only exporting mesh objects, so things like steer_hr (which are empties) are being ignored, hence why the steering no longer works when you load it back in. As El Locho pointed out you need to select "Empty" when exporting. It's also good to have selected objects checked so in case you make backup meshes or extra objects it doesn't unnecessarily get exported

Another thing you should be wary of this mod in particular, the normals for the windscreens are all borked (common in lower quality mods) so make sure to fix them before publishing

normals.png

Not you. ACF don't want these unfinished cars out.
i know all this well, guys are crazy to share private mods on RD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway it will be deleted in a few minutes on RD lol and then the LMHd 2023 are shared on the discord everywhere ah ah ah each team takes over the ACF and makes updates... laughing out loud it's very hypocritical all that ... "ACF don't want these unfinished cars out" but their mod is everywhere on any site (discord, forum, reddit, komono...) wouldn't it be easier to share it publicly...? that way they wouldn't bother to police everywhere:lol:

Last edited:
i know all this well, guys are crazy to share private mods on RD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway it will be deleted in a few minutes on RD lol and then the LMHd 2023 are shared on the discord everywhere ah ah ah each team takes over the ACF and makes updates... laughing out loud it's very hypocritical all that ... "ACF don't want these unfinished cars out" but their mod is everywhere on any site (discord, forum, reddit, komono...) wouldn't it be easier to share it publicly...? that way they wouldn't bother to police everywhere:lol:
Aaaah, the never-ending subject of ownership in modding... I love it already.

(already have their mods, use them, like them, if a better version comes out i'll get it, use it, like it. The end)

they are not meant to be around like this. They were made for the Daytona 24h but still people will find a way to put the blame on the organizer and not who goes around and shares mods dedicated to the drivers only.

Calling anyone who can change the driver helmets.
Please PM me, I have a really cool good Simpson bandit helmet (think stig)
I have followed a guide for 3dmax which says it'll work for blender, but every time i get it in game either the helmet is in wrong place, or the the driver body is missing
or the driver arms just don't move but helmet is in the right place.
I would really appreciate someone seeing where I'm doing it wrong if i send them the driver file.
Please help.
There is a stig helmet in AC but its awful.
I really wanted to do this on my own but i now need help before i chuck my PC out of the window, and there are no windows in here so it would smash against the wall.

Aaaah, the never-ending subject of ownership in modding... I love it already.

(already have their mods, use them, like them, if a better version comes out i'll get it, use it, like it. The end)
et oui la vie "des mods" un éternel recommencement chaque saison c'est comme une série NETFIX LOL

and yes the life of "mods" an eternal restart each season it's like a NETFIX series LOL

I have a question

I have a collection of about 200 amazing cars, and I really enjoy driving them in vr. I have an issue at night though, a good majority of them are undriveable due to really bad headlights? I have turned the brightness up to 200% and it helped a little, but still is a challenge.

It's strange, as some cars have amazing headlights.

Is it because the original game didn't have night time?

I feel bad for moaning as it's so freaking amazing this game thanks to the incredible mods
I use an app called blm lights to overcome the same issue, is pretty old now and dosnt work on some new tracks

they are not meant to be around like this. They were made for the Daytona 24h but still people will find a way to put the blame on the organizer and not who goes around and shares mods dedicated to the drivers only.
the eternal problem of public, paid, private, stolen, shared mods .... anyway when you create a private mod you know very well that one day or another it will circulate here and there ... each time it's the same ... Bonny's GT3, ACF's LMP-GTE, SIM DREAM paid mods, ............. all I see is always a lot of controversy but I understand that a modder's work should not be stolen! ... but frankly it's not my problem there are more serious things in our lives with the war in Ukraine, the price of fuel and food, the pollution of the planet, etc .... so understand that personally these mod sharing issues are really the least of my worries .... 😏

Last edited:
Nissan 300SX JGTC - Winfield Racing Livery (release)

300ZX JGTC__#01_1.png

Nothing like a video to showcase the release of two mods for this tripping game... BTW, this car thrives on this particular track and only gets better with more laps. Aside from the livery, there's also a set of replay-cams for the Comodoro Circuit by H22 (as shown in video). Download details available in the description.

Works are from yours truly - @Raceabit & @Racealot - Enjoy!

Credits to @Greg_ST & H22 (feel good car & track combo)

Last edited:
the eternal problem of public, paid, private, stolen, shared mods .... anyway when you create a private mod you know very well that one day or another it will circulate here and there ... each time it's the same ... Bonny's GT3, ACF's LMP-GTE, SIM DREAM paid mods, ............. all I see is always a lot of controversy but I understand that a modder's work should not be stolen! ... but frankly it's not my problem there are more serious things in our lives with the war in Ukraine, the price of fuel and food, the pollution of the planet, etc .... so understand that personally these mod sharing issues are really the least of my worries .... 😏
Private mods only exist if the modder doesn't share them with anyone at all, or use them to annoy people by flexing images of unobtainable cack. As soon as anyone else is aware of it, it's no longer private. And if it's shared with a 'trusted internet stranger' (lol, what a paradox) then nobody should feign surprise when it inevitably leaks. And if you want to increase the chances of it leaking, even when it's utter garbage, then slap a price tag on it. Seems to work wonders.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, after fruitless research here and elsewhere, I rely on a good soul. It happens all of a sudden without having touched anything in content manager, I simply installed a circuit and I can't solve my problem. all my solo sessions take place at night even those of my championships. I haven't changed anything at all. I tried with parameters set to days, unchecked my filters, checked , unchecked the season mod in weather fx. please help me thank you.

Private mods only exist if the modder doesn't share them with anyone at all, or use them to annoy people by flexing images of unobtainable cack. As soon as anyone else is aware of it, it's no longer private. And if it's shared with a 'trusted internet stranger' (lol, what a paradox) then nobody should feign surprise when it inevitably leaks. And if you want to increase the chances of it leaking, even when it's utter garbage, then slap a price tag on it. Seems to work wonders.
__custom_showroom_1677157442.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back