• 137,907 comments
first w.i.p. screenshots from our upcoming BMW M2 CS update

332743421_892728375266588_7880073604735874801_n.png
332464580_163593963185992_1838359166122026810_n.png
332543485_536672431679049_4216919531892621095_n.png
333391320_131418879643051_1639479228684448199_n.png
333912795_770301814133879_7285087685918186071_n.png

Release: Jaguar XJR-15 Race Car (FREE)

Ok so I was testing my old mod and realised it needed some improvement. Being the second mod I worked on I've learnt some since then.

The main issue was how the car felt. By all accounts its a difficult car on the limit being basically a group c race car with all that analogue goodness. The small rear wing always meant a slippery rear end however I felt this was too extreme in the first version which made it too slow in the highspeed corners. I've completely redone the aero profile which should allow more confidence when required.

The brakes were also way too weak which meant unrealistic braking zones. I've increased the brake power to compensate for this. They will still lock up if abused.

As far as quality of life fixes I've added smoke upon start up and some small flames. The real life car was never a fire breathing monster but a little small flame helps with immersion.

@TheAdmiester added some shader changes which I've incorporated into the ext file.

I've redone the lods so the car shouldn't turn black when in the distance.

Lastly and most importantly I've added the Personal badge on the wheel as per the real car.

Various other small changes made too which I've forgot but overall the car should be much better.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Ok so I was testing my old mod and realised it needed some improvement. Being the second mod I worked on I've learnt some since then.

The main issue was how the car felt. By all accounts its a difficult car on the limit being basically a group c race car with all that analogue goodness. The small rear wing always meant a slippery rear end however I felt this was too extreme in the first version which made it too slow in the highspeed corners. I've completely redone the aero profile which should allow more confidence when required.

The brakes were also way too weak which meant unrealistic braking zones. I've increased the brake power to compensate for this. They will still lock up if abused.

As far as quality of life fixes I've added smoke upon start up and some small flames. The real life car was never a fire breathing monster but a little small flame helps with immersion.

@TheAdmiester added some shader changes which I've incorporated into the ext file.

Lastly and most importantly I've added the Personal badge on the wheel as per the real car.

Various other small changes made too which I've forgot but overall the car should be much better.

Enjoy!

They originally showed off this car at the 1991 Monaco GP, with a celebrity driver race, in a selection of cars.
This car deserves a minor skin pack from that race. :cheers:

They originally showed off this car at the 1991 Monaco GP, with a celebrity driver race, in a selection of cars.
This car deserves a minor skin pack from that race. :cheers:
i spent over 100+ hours painting all the series skins, they are included. taken from a mixture of monaco & silverstone as the drivers and logos changed a few times during the series

Last edited:
Hi All. Does anybody fancy doing some close up to track action cams for the brilliant rt Oulton Park track. Original cams are great but in VR the car is too far away. This happens with most cams in VR unfortunately. Many thanks.

I have a little problem. When I assign a null to an analog instrument, it doesn't work as it should. For example needles turn on the wrong axis (I use blender). Does anyone know how to fix this problem? As always, thanks in advance :cheers:

Halloween started a bit late for me, suddenly got a bunch of floating heads with cars using driver_80.

Could anyone share the driver_80.kn5 ? Don't fancy making an integrity check just for one bloody element that's gone rogue lol.

Enjoy!

keep your car to yourself with your encryption, there is a non-encrypted version of this model, it is a shame

Sorry, but I have to turn once more to the wise men of this place.

The thing is that I install a mod of the Renault 5 Turbo R. I test it and it works perfectly. I quit the trackday and when try to start another one again, AC crashes (according to the message, because of the graphics card, blah blah blah..). If I make a clean reinstall of the car mod, on the first run works fine again, but when I try to start another session, AC crashes again... Can anyone tell me why?

My suspicion is that after the first use of the mod, AC, CM or CSP generate some file that later causes the game to crash, but who knows, I have no idea... and I think this has happened to me before with other mods, which I considered impossible to make work...

What is this International 2022 layout in Reboot's Oulton Park? (Without the Knickerbrook chicane, but with Brittens)

Was there a change to the track layout for some series that skipped the Knickerbrook chicane, or just a fun layout of what-could-be?

LIGIER JS2 - At least to compose the "Le Mans scenario" because it wasn't very good, it was done just last month. But as I always say, you can have some fun. Follow the link and credits of the group "Evolution GTR2"...

Antoniog7772
Jempy
Marco1990
Saxony
matteo
Der_jaguar
Commodore
Joeschmoe
Prostriker92
almafera
nickM

Maybe later I'll redo the models, because internally it was very bad, but as I said, for now to compose the "grid" you can have fun.
Link is Dead 😅

What is this International 2022 layout in Reboot's Oulton Park? (Without the Knickerbrook chicane, but with Brittens)

Was there a change to the track layout for some series that skipped the Knickerbrook chicane, or just a fun layout of what-could-be?
For some reason, Oulton Park's official web site states the new International layout does not use the 2nd chicane, either there has been a mistake somewhere or this is a coming change? :confused:

Maybe just use International Hislops layout instead, you can set this as the default layout by assigning a higher "layout priority" number in CM if you didn't know.

Last edited:

Enjoy!

Thank you. Great update. Works in CM showroom!

For some reason, Oulton Park's official web site states the new International layout does not use the 2nd chicane, either there has been a mistake somewhere or this is a coming change? :confused:

Maybe just use International Hislops layout instead, you can set this as the default layout by assigning a higher "layout priority" number in CM if you didn't know.

Hmm, indeed - weird! As much as I hope to see the original Knickerbrook restored (it was a proper balls-out corner!), and notwithstanding Paul Warwick's memory, I guess this was just an oversight from MSV.

I guess Reboot saw it the same way hence why they added the 'old' both-chicane International layout next to the International 22 one.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if you do lets say, a practice session first, it works, you switch off/on the PC and try again ?...

I think I already did it; I tried various combinations uninstalling and installing the mod, restarting the pc, trying different sessions... I don't even remember how many ways I did it.

Anyway, I'll try again exactly as you say, to see how it goes.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back