Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Vivement Skins for Assetto Corsa:

Ft7p-Km-TWIBg-Aht.jpg

Ft7p-Km-TWIBo-Hqz-M.jpg

Ft7p-Km-TWIAgc-NX5.jpg

as lost as your other friend, i stated that solely for the urd content used here. if you cant read that between the lines, shouldnt even comment in the first place. he got perms to use them and thats what matters, not where the car is, which origin it has or some other ass pulled bs you come up with. chem is doing his thing what and how he likes to, he helps me in my doing aswell, both on acc ports and urd mods. doesnt matter which circumstance, he got perms to use that stuff no matter what, or where beeing used.

lost case aswell, same thing said, only concerning urd assets. i dont even care about where acc ports are from, its obvious and accepted at this place. remember all those mods that came from the gtp modding team, which are all from acc, mind typing a mail for all those aswell? or mind you typing a mail to ferrari for using masterkeys acc port in their trailer, or dinamic for using crashs acc port for a livery showcase on their official socials? no. should we head out to sms to tell them what youre doing? guess they wouldnt be as happy to hear that. and putting yourself into a position trying to be a victim all of a sudden, but for certain haveing all of the cars and ports you listed on your ssd just shows crazy inconsistancy in every word youre telling. judgeing people for using models of a game, but doing the same aint beeing dumb is it? got better to do then looking at this burning place again, a 992 is waiting for a better fate...
Still missing the point, yet proving it at the same time.
You threaten me about URD, and say i take stuff that's not mine to take....whilst you take ACC models etc.

The difference with me is that i don't threaten people for daring to use a mod I've released.
That would be the definition of dumb....

It clear hypocrisy.

Added to that how do URD stop people using there tyres.ini for personal use?
Can Nike stop me buying a T Shirt and changing 'Just do it' to 'Just stop using slaves' for personal use?
No they can't.
Can Pepsi stop me buying a can of drink and mixing it with Sprite in a glass (its nice) for personal use?

No..... they can't.
If i buy a URD car i can do what the hell i like with it for my own use.
Its all very vey clear.
You ahve no moral high ground and what you've done is drag URD into it which i doubt on reflection they would be too happy with.
You are doing a good job of making them look stupid.
I for one will not judge URD on you as i don't think you represent their views, you are doing a Gerald Ratner right now...

Last edited:
I am lucky my English is that poor, I even can’t understand this whole drama 😂
I just wish a moderator would step in at some point and put an end to this pointless argument. I'm not even sure who's right and who's wrong. I just know it's getting old. Just just let it go and move on or take it to PM's. It's getting tough trying to find real content having to sift through all the BS.

Go ahead, no problem at all from my side, you're more than welcome to use my config. Hope it will be done well and it doesen't need my rework (i have too much tracks to update yet for another one in list :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:)
It will be done semi-well and will probably need a rework

Main area will be all the shaders for the greenery but ill try and do as much as I can.

Porsche 963 V1.1

Now includes
  • 3 tyre compound Soft, Medium, Hard.
  • Blue Flames
  • Modified Ext_Config from @MC-XXXX
  • Updated Screen

Last edited:
Like i said there was more to it as codemasters didn't need permission as they owned the license.
Not so much passing it off as there own as a multimillion pound developer has plenty of in house guys and have the resources to get models done.
I guess they saw a model and just took it as the modder had no official rights to complain.
It may of been an old fashioned FU.
Thing about encryption is that i guess the worst part of all of this is people being able to obtain pay mods, encryption doesn't stop that.
If i were a modder trying to sell stuff I'd be far more concerned about that than someone working out your encrypted data file is actually a URD GT3 car or the nice Sierra DTM car you scratch made is actually from PCars.

But again i fall into the bubble trap myself, i assume that because i see pay mods going for free on massive spread sheets, that everyone is getting them, but clearly they aren't.
I think you guys don't understand at all how "license" works

There is a difference though, releasing it as a Ferrari is the problem (with ferrari logo, skin, sponsors etc).
The 3Dmodel in itself is not a problem. You can create the 3D object that is as close as possible and make a random livery the car is yours alone. Granted you did that all by yourself and you did not have access to ferrari IP regarding how to model the car, just the pictures. Which is also why there is no problem for cars in real life to look exactly the same as another one granted no private information was used. For example the racing point 2020 which was an exact replica of the 2019 mercedes.

And let's take an example, porsche. EA had the porsche license, so there couldn't be any porsche on other games while EA had the license. What did they do? Use porsche model, rename them as ruf and they could release porsche cars on other game (just without the name and logo, which is replaced by ruf)
The ruf cars you have on assetto corsa by kunos is just unlicensed porsche that are 3D model of real porsche cars.

The modder has the right to complain about the 3D model being used commercially by codemaster. After all its an "original creation". The reason it didn't happen and that codemaster gave a small payement afterward is because the modder cannot afford starting a legal case against codemaster and buy a lawyer. And this is how some company abuse modders creation.

Specifically rockstars who sends cease and desist to modders with legal threat to shut down some modding activity although on a pure legal point they have no real stand. And on the case the modders goes through, they win. Just like the re3 teams that reverse engineered the GTA game (recreated the engine from scratch based on study of how the game work, can be the same as recreating a car based on photos) and released an exe that allows to play gta games granted you provide the game files yourself. Rockstar decided to take legal action against them, and lost the case.

Last edited:
Well, please remember this is a mod discussion thread, not a content library. As per the advice given to people who disagree with encrypted mods, just ignore and keep scrolling.
I'm just frustrated that this current encrypted argument has gone on for 2 or 3 pages now. I think everyone has made their points abundantly clear and should realize that they are not going to change anyone's minds and move on to something else. But I see your point and i'll just sit back and wait for this one to blow over like they eventually do. Hopefully some time soon.

Last edited:
I'm just frustrated that this current encrypted argument has gone on for 2 or 3 pages now. I think everyone has made their points abundantly clear and should realize that they are not going to change anyone's minds and should move on to something else. But I see your point and i'll just sit back and wait for this one to blow over like they eventually do. Hopefully some time soon.
It will die a natural death, but you and me have just injected four posts of life support into it. It's like waking someone up to ask them if they are asleep. ;)

There is a difference though, releasing it as a Ferrari is the problem (with ferrari logo, skin, sponsors etc).
The 3Dmodel in itself is not a problem. You can create the 3D object that is as close as possible and make a random livery the car is yours alone. Granted you did that all by yourself and you did not have access to ferrari IP regarding how to model the car, just the pictures. Which is also why there is no problem for cars in real life to look exactly the same as another one granted no private information was used. For example the racing point 2020 which was an exact replica of the 2019 mercedes.

And let's take an example, porsche. EA had the porsche license, so there couldn't be any porsche on other games while EA had the license. What did they do? Use porsche model, rename them as ruf and they could release porsche cars on other game (just without the name and logo, which is replaced by ruf)
The ruf cars you have on assetto corsa by kunos is just unlicensed porsche that are 3D model of real porsche cars.

The modder has the right to complain about the 3D model being used commercially by codemaster. After all its an "original creation". The reason it didn't happen and that codemaster gave a small payement afterward is because the modder cannot afford starting a legal case against codemaster and buy a lawyer. And this is how some company abuse modders creation.

Specifically rockstars who sends cease and desist to modders with legal threat to shut down some modding activity although on a pure legal point they have no real stand. And on the case the modders goes through, they win. Just like the re3 teams that reverse engineered the GTA game (recreated the engine from scratch based on study of how the game work, can be the same as recreating a car based on photos) and released an exe that allows to play gta games granted you provide the game files yourself. Rockstar decided to take legal action against them, and lost the case.
You do know that RUF is a real car brand, right ? There was RUF and Porsche in AC since the beginning, as in many other games outside of EA... They look similar for a reason, but those are 2 separates things.
If your "original creation" based on a replica of an existing license is used commercially by a company, you can defend yourself, but gonna have a hard time doing it, as you may obtain a copyright on it as a 3D model, but as such you're facing the license of the actual model itself, and assume the fact that it is a copy. Nobody claims licensing on a counterfeit for a reason... And the small payment, if there is, is more likely to assume a common agreement (pretty usual in thoses cases), to prevent bad press.

As for Rockstar, They are used to make lawsuits. They loose one in a country, they win 10 in another. If you reverse engineer the game engine to do the same, it is not a copyright infrigement, but if you declare as it being the said game engine, it is then. Same as a car model, just don't claim a "license" as being the car's model itself.

@Masscot , @racinjoe013 HEY GUYS, ARE YOU ASLEEP ?

Update to version 1.0. Final version for now. I may revisit it in the future. Everything is packaged together now, including the 54 pit optional layouts.

-- New ext_config and replay cams created by @CrisT86 with improved track lighting for night races. He did other things as well, but I couldn't tell you what they are. I just know it looks good. Thank you @CrisT86.
-- Some minor tweaks to correct a few floating trees and very small adjustments to some material values. Nothing I think anyone will pick up on.
many thanks mate ! would you be willing to work on kyalami 67 (1976) next? or maybe spa 1970

Porsche 963 V1.1

Now includes
  • 3 tyre compound Soft, Medium, Hard.
  • Blue Flames
  • Modified Ext_Config from @MC-XXXX
  • Updated Screen
Just me or ... ?
Before and after adding your data replacement:

bef_after.png

:scared:

Last edited:
That bug has been present in many ScamDream mods, whenever you hit the 'align with car data' button in CM
(Or whatever it is called) it would create this unholy mess.
Their A480, this one, the Ferrari 499. Something to do with the front wheels / suspension nodes bundled as HUB_LF that just bugs out if you try to edit it.

Yup looking at kn5 file now.
That bug has been present in many ScamDream mods, whenever you hit the 'align with car data' button in CM
Their A480, this one, the Ferrari 499. Something to do with the front wheels / suspension nodes bundled as HUB_LF that just bugs out if you try to edit it.

(sorry to bother you) which one is among these two?
View attachment 1248649

EDIT: maybe this is the latest update: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13926218
Personally I like the “FN” version since it has the blue wave sculpture (the thing that looks like a roller coaster) and overall just has the most accurate “feel” for Long Beach to my taste. The 3D Trees one is nice but has WAY too much foliage, none of the night lighting configs are particularly accurate but that’s just me being picky since I used to live there.

None are perfect, none are terrible, all of them are more or less based off of the same forza rip so lighting configs and rain configs all work for each other. The only thing we need now is added ramps for Stadium Super Trucks to really experience the pinnacle of motor sports 😂

As already said above, RUF is a brand in itself so they still needed a license for RUF, who in turn need permission from Porsche to use the base for the real life cars i assume.
But Porsche cant stop RUF allowing a game to use RUF....
And anyway RUF just isn't the same as Porsche, horrible things with AWD and brash body kits.
EA keeping official Porsche pixel cars locked away was a big loss over the years, cant the understated.

Last edited:
many thanks mate ! would you be willing to work on kyalami 67 (1976) next? or maybe spa 1970
I'm always looking for something to fool around with so I guess I could have a look at Kyalami. I see the Reboot Team has a version though. They do amazing work so I wouldn't think there would be a need for any changes. I haven't downloaded the track yet, but looking at some videos, it looks really good. Is that the version you are talking about or is there another one out there that you use?

Just me or ... ?
Before and after adding your data replacement:

View attachment 1248874

:scared:
same here...

didnt happen with previous version
Yeah, surely a bug, a couple of others reported the same thing on RD.
So sorry guys. Hotfix is now up

I'm always looking for something to fool around with so I guess I could have a look at Kyalami. I see the Reboot Team has a version though. They do amazing work so I wouldn't think there would be a need for any changes. I haven't downloaded the track yet, but looking at some videos, it looks really good. Is that the version you are talking about or is there another one out there that you use?
If you reaaaally don't know what to do, You could take a look into "Passion meca circuit". It's an old fantasy track, modern layout style, very fast flowing, good AI, really cool to drive but... The grass, the trees... It's... Horrendous. It could be so much better

yeah thats the version i was talking about..

So turns out AO is like much of modding, really hard till you work it out.
Never realised till now how blender will make whole new mesh for skinning and everything.
Problem now is do i go back and re do stuff, or just doing it going forward.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back