Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,854 comments
hi everyone, I would like to ask the community a huge favor, on behalf of all f1 fans, if any talented modders are interested in finishing the Baku 2022 project, published on racedepartment by AlexMan005 here and abandoned after a first release. The track has great potential and is the only one with the updated Turn16 and kerbs, but unfortunately it suffers from major bugs and must be completed. @Pyyer is also clamoring for support for its completion..thank you very much.
Below is a list of issues:
-pit issues (now way to pit as pit box not showed, pit lane, etc),
-slow AI (turn 11 indeed has AI clipping through the geometry, deathly slow, particularly through Turns 2 and the final back straight chicane)
-transparent walls, ( t11 and t12 outside T15 inside 16 inside and outside)
-stuff on track out of turn 16,
-missing grandstands out of turn 16,
-pit limits, (T1 outside T6 inside T7 inside t11outside T15 inside 16 inside and outside)
-holes in asphalts turn 16
-hotlap start position

formula-1-azerbaijan-gp-2022-c-2.webp
I would add that as baku2019 the circuit is shorter than irl resulting in quicker lap times

shi
Hidden Valley Raceway v1.02
View attachment 1185037
Conversion from rFactor.
Hidden Valley Raceway is part of the Hidden Valley Motorsports Complex, located at 171 Hidden Valley Road, Hidden Valley, 10 km (6.2 mi) from Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia.
It is 2.870 km (1.783 mi) long and has 14 corners, with a main straight 1.1 km (0.68 mi) in length.
Hidden Valley Raceway holds an annual round of the International V8 Supercars Championship. (wikipedia)

-CSP recommended
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original rFactor Track by Kurt Stenberg and Thank you for gave me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by Eren Tuzci
logo.png, sections file by @Fanapryde
Edited texture by @twobegreen
Sideline textures and fixes RainFX by @Mike08
marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Fanapryde , @macko68 , @Mike08 , @twobegreen

Enjoy.

Converted upon request by Patreon member john brown.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
-Fixed an issue where pit white lines were flickering.
-Thick jagged power lines fixed by @Masscot .(Thanks)
-Changed marshall to kunos.

v1.02 changelog;
-Added cams and skin by @racealot . (Thanks)

Hidden Valley Raceway v1.02
The link is in the quote.

v1.02 changelog;
-Added cams and skin by @racealot .(Thanks)

hi everyone, I would like to ask the community a huge favor, on behalf of all f1 fans, if any talented modders are interested in finishing the Baku 2022 project, published on racedepartment by AlexMan005 here and abandoned after a first release. The track has great potential and is the only one with the updated Turn16 and kerbs, but unfortunately it suffers from major bugs and must be completed. @Pyyer is also clamoring for support for its completion..thank you very much.
Below is a list of issues:
-pit issues (now way to pit as pit box not showed, pit lane, etc),
-slow AI (turn 11 indeed has AI clipping through the geometry, deathly slow, particularly through Turns 2 and the final back straight chicane)
-transparent walls, ( t11 and t12 outside T15 inside 16 inside and outside)
-stuff on track out of turn 16,
-missing grandstands out of turn 16,
-pit limits, (T1 outside T6 inside T7 inside t11outside T15 inside 16 inside and outside)
-holes in asphalts turn 16
-hotlap start position
I wasn't familiar with this version as my forte is more on the sportscar racing side of things, but I took a look at the circuit to gauge the amount of work it would require. The modeling aspect of things is doable on my end - fixing the walls, holes in track, grandstands, pit boxes - but I'd need support from someone else for AI and limits. There are also significant issues imo with textures and UV mapping - texture tiling in T16, pitlane, Z-fighting with the painted lines. If I tackled it would probably be at least a month until a revised version could be released, though if I only focused on the issues presented above it would be less time.

Hey.
I need help. This time I get this message that doesn't allow me to have a field of similar hp and year.
It says that I have to chose cars to fit the starting grid.
1682778595326.png

Tried several cars already. It is very annoying. Anyone else got this issue?
I only can select the same car to have a race.
Any help would be appreciated, please. Thank you.

Spa Vintage Track Updates:

These are my updates to all three versions of the Spa Vintage tracks. They are all full stand alone tracks because it was suggested that I do it this way instead of config\track skin mods.

All versions now have a vao patch, animated flags, working clock tower and new grass and tree textures. They also have two additional track skins that get a progressively bluer tint and less saturation. The skins also have only the files I altered from the original so you can edit them to make a skin that fits your liking. There are also new ext_configs for each track that add seasonal changes, some shader adjustments and a few other things.

Explanation about each one so you know which one to download. They each represent a specific version of the track:

Spa-Francorchamps 1938:

Spa-Francorchamps 1938

-- Based on the Spa_Faux_Pre_War version. All credits for the track go to Legion.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus removal of floating flag poles that had no flags and scaling of flag poles that were floating off the ground. Plus I added collision physics to most of the haybales. Some I left without to help with AI behavior. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Spa-Francorchamps 1966:

Spa-Francorchamps 1966

-- Based on the Spa_1966 version. All credits for the track go to the Reboot Team.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus collision physics to most haybales. Some I left without to help with AI behavior. Also included the Spa 1966 AI done by Parri. The original AI is still included in the ai_original and data_original folders. Just rename them to ai and data to revert back to the original AI behavior. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Spa-Francorchamps 1934 & 1966:

Spa-Francorchamps 1934 & 66

-- Based on the Spa_THR version. All credits for the track go to the Reboot Team and Waffles for the THR updates.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus a new AI line for the 1934 layout done by me. The original AI was unusable. It was my first attempt at an AI line so don't expect perfection. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Please point out any and all mistakes. I'm sure there are a few. Was kind of hard managing three versions of the same track. I was never sure if I made the same changes on all three tracks.

View attachment 1216445
Updated links for all three versions with the new grass look I posted a picture of yesterday. Make sure to delete the old version folders to avoid any conflicts, although you might want to save your ai files first. The ai files in these updated versions may be different than what you have. If you find you liked the old versions better, I kept those links active for the time being.

Notes:

-- If you don't care for the changing trees based on the time of year or you want to make your own track skin, open the ext_config file and delete the bottom section labeled SCRIPTS / EXTRAS. This will disable that feature.
-- There are some alternative looks to the grass you can try if you find the grass looks too dark and/or too yellow. Go to the track's extension folder and you will see some folders named for what they do. Just copy the three files from the version you want to try and paste them into the csp_textures folder. Don't worry about overwriting the originals because there is a folder that contains the original files so you can revert back to them.

Last edited:
Just installed CSP 1.80 preview-218 and the upper portion of the sky is black. Can someone help? Thanks.
I fixed this as follows; (i) install CSP version 1.79 (ii) install the latest version of Content Manager (iii) DRAG and DROP zip file containing CSP version 180 preview 218 into Content Manager (iv) install CSP version 180 preview 218 from Content Manager. I tried to install using Content Manager load from a file to install ---it creates a black sky problem. You have to DRAG and DROP the zip file into Content Manager and then install it. Hope this helps others.

... I would like to propose Majura Valley. It is a very good track for an unfinished beta*, but the grass can use a serious 2022 update.

* Last I heard, the modder is out of the AC modding game, and the track has been removed from RD.
Dreams do come true!
Majura Valley Motorsports Park from IC updated DaBaeda
New Trees and Objects, GrassFX, RainFX, TreeFX and Cams
Have Fun
DaBaeda

Download:
View attachment 1251928View attachment 1251929View attachment 1251930View attachment 1251931View attachment 1251932View attachment 1251933View attachment 1251934

:drool: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I fixed this as follows; (i) install CSP version 1.79 (ii) install the latest version of Content Manager (iii) DRAG and DROP zip file containing CSP version 180 preview 218 into Content Manager (iv) install CSP version 180 preview 218 from Content Manager. I tried to install using Content Manager load from a file to install ---it creates a black sky problem. You have to DRAG and DROP the zip file into Content Manager and then install it. Hope this helps others.
Interesting, I installed from file without black issue. I think the issue isnt due to installing from file but the procedure of doing the install. I had black screen after drag n drop to CM.. reverted to 1.79, installed 1.80 Preview 218 from file, then pressed update and it went back to normal sky.

Hi again people. So, I owned a citroen ax some time ago, and when I found it for assetto corsa I downloaded it, but the car was far off from the real thing, it only reached 142 km/h and had more grip than a f1...
Being the fact that it wasn't the first time I come through those type of mods, I get tired of it and have updated all my cars library with real data taken from https://www.automobile-catalog.com/browse.php#gsc.tab=0
...I have adjusted all I have learned to do: inertias and other measures, heights, power and torque, max. velocity, weight and tyres.(some other minor fixes, like the substitution of capital letters)
I started this project some eight months ago with the intention of having a library of cars that drive the most close to the real counterparts, and I thought it would be a good idea to share it, in case someone is interesed.
If someone tries some car and have a opinion or correction/song/whatever, let me know, it would be awesome to build it between us all. In case there's a mod not allowed, please let me know to take it down; I've gotten 'em from so many sites that maybe I let slip one paid mod without notice.
All the credits to the original modders
PT1:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KetUARiwNNp5QvBSb-KQLWjeAqipO99h?usp=share_link

Majura Valley Motorsports Park from IC updated DaBaeda
New Trees and Objects, GrassFX, RainFX, TreeFX and Cams
Have Fun
DaBaeda

Download:
View attachment 1251928View attachment 1251929View attachment 1251930View attachment 1251931View attachment 1251932View attachment 1251933View attachment 1251934

Not a criticism and it doesn't only apply to this track, just curious - I've been wanting to ask for a long time... does the use of GrassFX, 3d grass exclude the use of track edges, grass edges, concrete edges, i.e. edge blending? There is 3D grass, 3D trees to make it more real, but
the connection of the textures is rough, ugly cut, far from the real thing... and as I used to see in the preview photos, it makes the rainy asphalt even uglier... the GTR, GTR2, GTL, rFactor tracks were prettier than this already in 2005...

Last edited:
preview.jpg

I have a problem with preview images using the latest CM. the reflection is always blurred when the image is generated, it lok ok when adjusting the preview setting but is always generated blurred

Help please anyone

View attachment 1251861

i tried following this but the preview reflections still come out blurred. only happening since latest cm and csp. any ideas whats wrong?

IGNORE: I FIXED IT
how did you fix it? same problem, unchecked blurr mirror but still the same

Settings ----> Content Manager ---->Custom Showroom ----> Use CSP for Final Previews Render (uncheck)

For some reason it causes the blur so I generated previews for the handful of encrypted cars I keep and its been off ever since.

Last edited:
Settings ----> Content Manager ---->Custom Showrrom ----> Use CSP for Final Previews Render (uncheck)

For some reason it causes the blur so I generated previews for the handful of encrypted cars I keep and its been off ever since.
Yeah, it's a great thing to have but seems bugged ATM. Exposure is way too high too.
Hopefully it'll be fixed to exactly match non-CSP previews.

I wasn't familiar with this version as my forte is more on the sportscar racing side of things, but I took a look at the circuit to gauge the amount of work it would require. The modeling aspect of things is doable on my end - fixing the walls, holes in track, grandstands, pit boxes - but I'd need support from someone else for AI and limits. There are also significant issues imo with textures and UV mapping - texture tiling in T16, pitlane, Z-fighting with the painted lines. If I tackled it would probably be at least a month until a revised version could be released, though if I only focused on the issues presented above it would be less time.
Any improvement you could do, it will be amazing, no matters how much time you need. It’s a pity that a funny and iconic f1 track like Baku still haven’t a good counterpart in assetto corsa.. thanks a lot and thanks a lot to other modders will eventually help you too

RELEASE!

Elaintarharata 1960s
by
Sergio Loro
and
Rainmaker

This tiny track was the Grand Prix of Finland in the 50s and 60s. "Eltsu" was even hosting two Formula 1 GPs in 1952 and 1953. It has a nice flow and is great to drive with slow and small cars. Sergio gave me the permission to update his old track. Thanks!

Changelog:
  • complete new AI
  • shader overhaul
  • faced up normals of the trees, made them brighter
  • added GrassFX and RainFX by DaBaeda
  • new extra cams by DaBaeda
  • new hotlap starting point
  • added dirt animation to pit lane
  • added loading screens
  • new UI and track map, corrected track length
  • added track description by Fanapryde
  • fixed some lods
  • corrected position of sector timers
  • fixed some missing walls
  • added four new pit positions
  • corrected some object keys
@Rainmaker87 here's a new complete config and DDS to thin out all of the power line/telegraph cables so they look more subtle and more true-to-life. Quite important on this track as there are a LOT of suspended cables.
Unzip the extension folder and replace the existing one with it. Note: the extension folder contains a DDS so don't just replace the ext_config.ini - it needs the DDS too.

I included some notes in the config so it can be used to the same effect on other tracks where cables are produced this same way.
Some other tracks (like DDM's Tsubuka) need a slightly different DDS but the effect is the same: no more thick, jagged, shimmering cables.

1682846191137.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 1252125
I have a problem with preview images using the latest CM. the reflection is always blurred when the image is generated, it lok ok when adjusting the preview setting but is always generated blurred

Help please anyone

Hi Neil, where did you get that 963 Jota skin?

@Rainmaker87 here's a new complete config and DDS to thin out all of the power line/telegraph cables so they look more subtle and more true-to-life. Quite important on this track as there are a LOT of suspended cables.
Unzip the extension folder and replace the existing one with it. Note: the extension folder contains a DDS so don't just replace the ext_config.ini - it needs the DDS too.

I included some notes in the config so it can be used to the same effect on other tracks where cables are produced this same way.
Some other tracks (like DDM's Tsubuka) need a slightly different DDS but the effect is the same: no more thick, jagged, shimmering cables.

View attachment 1252149
Thanks for this. One of the little things that irks me is ugly jaggy power lines. I must have spent hours sifting through forums and trying different antialiasing settings trying to sort this out.

I've read the instructions and tried to fix the cables in 60's Stardust but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I must be doing something wrong. Any chance of a fuller explanation please of exactly how to do this for the less tech able.

Thanks for this. One of the little things that irks me is ugly jaggy power lines. I must have spent hours sifting through forums and trying different antialiasing settings trying to sort this out.

I've read the instructions and tried to fix the cables in 60's Stardust but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I must be doing something wrong. Any chance of a fuller explanation please of exactly how to do this for the less tech able.
Let me take a look at 60s Stardust, it might need a different DDS.
BRB.
Edit: @goldtop it works fine for Stardust 60's, with the correct MATERIALS names.
You just need to insert the correct MATERIALS name for the cables (which you get from CSP object inspector).
For this track change this line in the config:
Code:
MATERIALS= cableado1, highvolt ;cable material name from object inspector
(there are two cable materials in Stardust 60's, called 'cableado1' and 'highvolt')

1682850454712.jpeg

Oh, hang on, looks like Sergio has the poles and cables grouped together, so the poles have also been affected.
Try removing 'highvolt' from the above. It might leave one thick cable, but also leave the poles solid.

Edit: yep, that's done it. You'll have to live with one thick cable, but the rest look much better.

1682850723179.jpeg

Edit: oh, hang on, seems Serio grouped the other cables and poles too, so the poles are also transparent.
Cables and poles need separating first for this to work properly on this track.
No idea why Sergio grouped these together.

1682850968365.jpeg

You might still prefer this solution to thick jagged powerlines.... or just hide the cables altogether?

Last edited:
RELEASE!

Elaintarharata 1960s
by
Sergio Loro
and
Rainmaker

This tiny track was the Grand Prix of Finland in the 50s and 60s. "Eltsu" was even hosting two Formula 1 GPs in 1952 and 1953. It has a nice flow and is great to drive with slow and small cars. Sergio gave me the permission to update his old track. Thanks!

Changelog:
  • complete new AI
  • shader overhaul
  • faced up normals of the trees, made them brighter
  • added GrassFX and RainFX by DaBaeda
  • new extra cams by DaBaeda
  • new hotlap starting point
  • added dirt animation to pit lane
  • added loading screens
  • new UI and track map, corrected track length
  • added track description by Fanapryde
  • fixed some lods
  • corrected position of sector timers
  • fixed some missing walls
  • added four new pit positions
  • corrected some object keys
update v1.01
  • fixed fat cables by Masscot

Link stays the same as usual:

Screenshot_gpl67_cooper_eltsu_f3ct_30-3-123-13-15-9.jpg

PS for Masscot: Windows virus stuff blocked all two downloads.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back