Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Yeah I feel exact the same, even I know nearly everything from rss is good/superb.

I do not have the feeling to need another gt3 car.

I would absolutely love early - mid2000 WTCC cars from RSS
I would love a properly made 70s/80s touring serie, Group A, or trans AM. But i'm not fooled. They do what sells. Can't blame them for having a job to keep and mouths to feed.

Pisses me off when they do that, nowadays I ain't buying a RSS mod because of that. They changed the M4 GT3 and all the skins I made I had to bin

M4 wasn't RSS. Also, both have reasons the front ends weren't right.

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed to learn team RSS spending his time to create a car we already have for AC (and I think good ACC convertions) ...
Also, id rather have hand made models etc over ported over stuff no matter how good.

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed to learn team RSS spending his time to create a car we already have for AC (and I think good ACC convertions) ...
i agree with you, infact i see many other people doing the same thing. re hashing what we already have is a waste of time and talent

edit i do love RSS and i do now feel a bit mean, like people have already said they are scratch made and lovely to look at so i get it. But i will still stand by my op post.

Last edited:
Ugree that URD are unboubtly good and well-done.

For other cars it was advise about RacingRats pack. So i visited their discord and tried few cars. Ferrari seems pretty pleasant, but Porsche is far off. Its unstable and have /2 downforce then URD Toyota and RacingRats Ferrari. Already out of balance.
Then they had link for my fav LMH car - Peugeot by TheGhost. ver 2.0.
Initially it gives you good feeleing, but taking close look to details...it hase same amount (big amount) of downforce (i tested on Suzuka circuit) ~1700 kg. However it's known to have less downforce then Toy, Por,Fer. And the last drop was - what if i raise ground clearance to the maximum, will the downforce change? Answer - NO. actually same huge downforce even on max ground clearance.

really hope it will be fixed
any plans to balance them all?

M4 wasn't RSS. Also, both have reasons the front ends weren't right.

Also, id rather have hand made models etc over ported over stuff no matter how good.
Oh yeah, it was URD... So many studios releasing the same GT3 crap all the time it gets confusing.

And you'd rather have potentially unrealistic 'hand made' models (proportion wise etc) than realistic ported models ? To each their own, really.

Last edited:
might get ready to skip a bunch of their releases then. Got a ton of GT3 cars coming it seems. Ohhh and you cant compare those converts with a scratch built RSS car. It drives, looks and sounds awesome.
That was not my point. Even I am satisfied with the ACC conversions I probably will buy also the next RSS gt3s BUT

I would much more welcome if they would make fe. touring cars from 70-00s

In my opinion they have too many open wheelers but they proved they can do the other stuff as well.

I mean there rss gt pack (fia gt1) belongs to the best you can get in AC

v2.0
  • completely rebuild AI, 0.3 sec faster (which is 8 positions on this tiny track), optimized for NASCAR '71 mod
  • less dirt in pits + better behavior of the cars

Screenshot_scn_torino_asheville_nwc71_15-5-123-16-8-16.jpg

Oh yeah, it was URD... So many studios releasing the same GT3 crap all the time it gets confusing.

And you'd rather have potentially unrealistic 'hand made' models (proportion wise etc) than realistic ported models ? To each their own, really.
This is why RSS don't post tho. They get the best available to make everything look, sound and feel right.

Also, Kunos' cars could be miles off but we don't know.

This is why RSS don't post tho. They get the best available to make everything look, sound and feel right.

Also, Kunos' cars could be miles off but we don't know.
everyone appreciates RSS's work. to the point many are disappointed they didnt focus their skills towards something "new". there are many series that could use their attention. the AMG GT3 was converted from ACC which therefore should be very accurate as officialy licenced content. also it was ported over by a skilled modder.

anything RSS does will sell well as they have a good reputation but honestly this is a semi disappointment. also who is going to redo all the tons of skins the ACC convert already has?

Hi does anybody know what is happening to this car's shadow? the shadow is there but there seems to be a big black blob all along the bottom of the car permanently. thanks :)
Screenshot_yugo_trophy_ks_brands_hatch_15-5-123-16-26-13.jpg

I would love a properly made 70s/80s touring serie, Group A, or trans AM. But i'm not fooled. They do what sells. Can't blame them for having a job to keep and mouths to feed.
There is some...key word: some okay is Group A mods but some looks wise are crap the ATCC Group A's drive nice but looks subpar to other Group As like the E30 (which is ironic cause that's kunos), You got Bazza's AC legends Trans-am mod which is fantastic to be fair. I believe there is an okay ish Tank (volvo 240 Turbo) out there but i can't remember if it was made by ATCC or somebody else. I know a Starion for Group A is out too. The best Group A i've seen atm is the Cossie which is on RD
^ this doesn't count Tommy78s Group A DTMs

I know ATCC did the Aussie Group C touring cars which is 70s/80s before they started Group A cars in the championship

@carTOON i did not realise that, thankyou i will have a play about

edit i adjusted the values in that file and it didn't make any difference, is there anything else i can try? if i remove the ambient shadow file altogether the blob of doom is still present. thanks :)

Last edited:
There is some...key word: some okay is Group A mods but some looks wise are crap the ATCC Group A's drive nice but looks subpar to other Group As like the E30 (which is ironic cause that's kunos), You got Bazza's AC legends Trans-am mod which is fantastic to be fair. I believe there is an okay ish Tank (volvo 240 Turbo) out there but i can't remember if it was made by ATCC or somebody else. I know a Starion for Group A is out too. The best Group A i've seen atm is the Cossie which is on RD
^ this doesn't count Tommy78s Group A DTMs

I know ATCC did the Aussie Group C touring cars which is 70s/80s before they started Group A cars in the championship
That's pretty much what I said : a properly made. You have a bunch of cars from different years, with a quality range going from crap to gold, and some modders (thanks to them) were able to balance them in a racing serie : the atcc A and C are quite good, but with a lot of problems and lets be fair, quite ugly for today's standard. Bazza's TA is really good too, especially on the physics/BOP side, but he has to work with what he got : some models are nice, other's seriously old, and most are not race-prep (racing in full customer-ready interior is... not efficient, to say the least). I did my own "trans Am" serie with I-don't-remember-which Mustang I had, a beautiful model, full race prep, superb sound, but a bit too modern physics so I tweaked it a bit, and combined with a Camaro I like (one full race prep, really "old school racing" looking), that I had to modify quite a lot to enjoy (physics, sound, shaders, etc).

Racing the 70's or 80's touring scene is not a problem in today's AC, but we are still far from the quality range delivered for F1, GT3 or modern LMP's. And it's mainly because of public interest. We're a niche, that's all ^^

On a brighter note, VRC's release of late 90's BTCC combined with the ones we already had from F302, PM3DM and co., with the quality of the british tracks around, is even more than we could ever have hoped for.

Does it only happen to me or does the ac crash all the time with the latest csp? I can't save two lines in ext_config that ac crashes. When the weather changes, it crashes. When I try to create the animation with the wiper csp it crashes. If it starts to rain in the race it gives me the error "ai spline is missing or broken". It's frustrating :banghead:.

Does it only happen to me or does the ac crash all the time with the latest csp? I can't save two lines in ext_config that ac crashes. When the weather changes, it crashes. When I try to create the animation with the wiper csp it crashes. If it starts to rain in the race it gives me the error "ai spline is missing or broken". It's frustrating :banghead:.
Did you read this?

@carTOON i did not realise that, thankyou i will have a play about

edit i adjusted the values in that file and it didn't make any difference, is there anything else i can try? if i remove the ambient shadow file altogether the blob of doom is still present. thanks :)
It should change, that's why there's a separate file... I don't really understand. It always works for me...
"align usign data" should be marked in the CM.
You will see the result immediately...
sh.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back