Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,711 comments
From Facebook...

Released : Porsche 911 GT2 (993) 3 Car Pack

Converted from FM4 By F302
- some parts by different games (GT7....ect)
-Working Wipers (animeted)
-Interior Light
-interior AO
-sound (Kunos Porsche 935/78)
-interior new mapping (carbon parts and alcantara)
-add digital display
-extension Folder( refraction lights,wipers)

hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
please give your opinion on the car
what is good and what is less good!

tested on CSP 0.1.80-preview115
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager.

354867743_6291974144188990_271248793519317335_n.jpg

Last edited:
From Facebook...

-Interior Light
-interior AO
-add digital display

hope u enjoy the Car

View attachment 1266282
no download link?

Has anyone messed with making their own 'Garage 56 Camaro' from Le Mans? I spent some time today creating 'Assetto Corsa Car Tuner' variants of both the Hyperion and TA2 Chevrette w/Hyperion engine swap, adding 5 gears, paddle shift, but I don't really know what I'm doing. It's enough for a rough imitation, but was curious if anyone more skilled did anything similar?

(disclaimer: since i'm not a known-regular here, I'm not suggesting exchanging proprietary, paid-mod material. only .ini file adjustments, etc.)

Ferrari F50 GT'96(V1.3) by F40 LM Lover and Dan Bucsa who made Perfect F50 already is Released.

View attachment 1266187
View attachment 1266188
View attachment 1266189
View attachment 1266190
CreditsF40LM Lover - Creator / Convertor
KINGLIAM2004 - Immersive Sound
UolterUait - CSP/PBR Shaders, Feedback and Help
Dan Bucsa - Full Mod Remaster... (See read_me.txt)

This Pack includes two versions.One of them is Master it has High Quality Textures and LOD_A only.
If you want to drive without Visual Impacts, You can choose Master version.
Another is Normal version. It has optimzied textures and Lods/COCKPIT_LR.

As you know My friend Dan is the Master of F50s.
He did rearlly awsome works! It was honor for me with him.
He has Very advanced skills of Modding! Thanks to him!

v1.3 Release Candidate
Change Logs (F40LM_Lover)
1. Split objects and prepared them for animations
2. Made all driver animations
3: Remade door animations
4. Made All COCKPIT_LR objects
5. Made all LODs

Change Logs (Dan Bucsa)
1. Full 3d Remaster
1. Full Texture Remaster
2. Full Shader Remaster
4. Full CSP Config Remaster
5. Added Optimised version, renamed HQ main version Master
6. Added Brake FX, exhaust glow and exhaust shake
7. Corrected and updated ambient shadow
8. Added high quality previews
9. Optimised 3d objects and textures
10. Split 3d objects to allow for better pedals animation
11. Changed Fogs and Brake Lights operation
12. Built VAO for Master and Optimised versions
12. Built Optimised Personal version, with no LODs

Thanks for the updates, but rear lights on the previous v1.2 looked better to me - they are now so bright and blown out the refractive effect is totally killed. The subtle effect of the refraction in the previous version allowed the lens detail to be seen. Now it's just a nuclear glow?

Not sure either why having no LODs makes one version 'superior'? Surely having LODs can only be a good thing?

Last edited:
Not sure either why having no LODs makes one version 'superior'? Surely having LODs can only be a good thing?
Separate lods is going to result in a quality loss (which is understandable, you're deliberately reducing the quality of the model) in particular with reflections. Also some csp features like refractions are kinda broken on lod b

so technically a no lod model is the best from a quality standpoint, even if practically it isn't very efficient

tho before lods object and material counts should be priority, lod b means jack if it has like 300 objects and 400 materials

Pack Le Mans 2023 V0.1a (Shokeus Act80's update)

View attachment 1266193

Link : https://mega.nz/file/95AREJTL#sw8Ik6K-F91coLHGMn4qmlgLnu6zDMlW92_XWoV3yPU

the first goal is not realism but a perfect competitivity for a championship , this is only the first version but the physics should be good , there is still a lot of work to do on the 3d .... :(

there are 2/3 things that I can not manage to regulate like the exterior rear-view mirrors of the 499p for example ..., the b/c/d lods because I only have the free version of CM ...

while waiting for the next update, enjoy !
I'm gonna update steering wheel / displays & do some tweaks in the cockpit for the Cadillac (and soon the BMW)

Also some csp features like refractions are kinda broken on lod b
Not if some time and effort goes into making the LODs, CSP features and refractions work absolutely fine. No good reason not to include a decent set of LODs in a public released mod. Then anyone can chose to manually disable them for maximum quality, CM/CSP even has this feature now to extend massively the visibility of LODA etc etc for those with beefy machines or just like to hot lap/screenshot. But yeah, object count is a very major player as well.

Last edited:
Not if some time and effort goes into making the LODs, CSP features and refractions work absolutely fine. No good reason not to include a decent set of LODs in a public released mod. Then anyone can chose to manually disable them for maximum quality, CM/CSP even has this feature now to extend massively the visibility of LODA etc etc for those with beefy machines or just like to hot lap/screenshot. But yeah, object count is a very major player as well.
From RSS latest release:
refA.png

refB.png

Pretty clear the break in reflection between lods

And if that wasn't obvious enough,
A2.png

b2.png

As for refraction:
reA.png

reB.png

refractionA.png

refractionB.png

As mentioned practically it's not super important. Hardly likely to see these things at the regular distance in game. LODS should be included sure (unless the car is ~<100k poly, not really needed), but it's not wrong to say a "quality" version having (unnecessarily) larger texture size and only a single lod. Those aren't meant for racing anyways (unless you like to pointlessly waste resources)
Then anyone can chose to manually disable them for maximum quality
The biggest issue with this is not everyone is aware of how to modify data files (even if it is a simple procedure) and trying to get people to read and apply instructions is a challenge in and of itself. Just look at how many people still are confused about Sol and rain even though on the RD page one of the first things it says is sol does not bring rain

Last edited:
From RSS latest release:
View attachment 1266298
View attachment 1266299

View attachment 1266300
View attachment 1266301

As for refraction:
View attachment 1266302
View attachment 1266303
View attachment 1266304
View attachment 1266305

As mentioned practically it's not super important. Hardly likely to see these things at the regular distance in game. LODS should be included sure (unless the car is ~<100k poly, not really needed), but it's not wrong to say a "quality" version having (unnecessarily) larger texture size and only a single lod. Those aren't meant for racing anyways (unless you like to pointlessly waste resources)

The biggest issue with this is not everyone is aware of how to modify data files (even if it is a simple procedure) and trying to get people to read and apply instructions is a challenge in and of itself. Just look at how many people still are confused about Sol and rain even though on the RD page one of the first things it says is sol does not bring rain
I totally undrrstand your meanings now.
If i made lod_b with meshes which is for refracting of CSP. it looked better at long distances. I should make lods manually instead of Lod generator of CM.
Thanks for the info.
I will make lods even better than before later!
Thanks for the updates, but rear lights on the previous v1.2 looked better to me - they are now so bright and blown out the refractive effect is totally killed. The subtle effect of the refraction in the previous version allowed the lens detail to be seen. Now it's just a nuclear glow?

We(Me and Dan) believed that someguys wants to drive alone without visual impact. So we just include lod_a and it has no cockpit_lr.

And i have learned from many guys.
Object counts of lods are the most important.

Last edited:
From RSS latest release:
View attachment 1266298
View attachment 1266299

View attachment 1266300
View attachment 1266301

As for refraction:
View attachment 1266302
View attachment 1266303
View attachment 1266304
View attachment 1266305

the idea of LODs is to reduce frame rate hits when the model is far enough away that you arent going to see it up close like in your screenshots, so at the end of the day, no LODs is just a cop out

the idea of LODs is to reduce frame rate hits when the model is far enough away that you arent going to see it up close like in your screenshots, so at the end of the day, no LODs is just a cop out
that's just completely missing the point tho. The argument was never whether lods should be included or not, which I have mentioned that stance twice now

Separate lods is going to result in a quality loss (which is understandable, you're deliberately reducing the quality of the model) in particular with reflections. Also some csp features like refractions are kinda broken on lod b

so technically a no lod model is the best from a quality standpoint, even if practically it isn't very efficient

tho before lods object and material counts should be priority, lod b means jack if it has like 300 objects and 400 materials
Oh, I know how LODs work and all that, I just wondered why it was felt necessary to have a separate car with only LOD A for single player hotlapping when no other content creators think it's a good idea to do this. If it really was worthwhile then Kunos (and every other developer, and every other modder) would surely do it too... and we'd need double the bandwidth, time and storage space for additional LOD-free duplicate cars in our collections, AND have to remember to pick them for hotlapping, and the proper version for racing.

It all just seems unnecessarily complicated and wasteful when good LODs, when created properly, are seamless. Why would you need a bloated highly-detailed model when it's 100m away, even if it's only for looking at? If you're actually driving the car with LODs then you'll be seeing LOD A anyway. That's what I meant when I said LODs can only be a good thing. Some modders don't add them because they don't have the skill or can't be bothered or the cars are for photographing instead of driving, but this obviously isn't the case with @Young78, he's proved this in the past.

It just seems odd when I can't think of a good reason to have two almost-identical versions of the same car... one with LODs (as per normal good practice and established convention) and an extra one that will perform badly. Unless it's all a gimmick to dress one version up as somehow 'better, with no compromises' than the other one, when it's actually a lesser car with worse performance.

It's hard enough getting modders to embrace LODs and take the effort to include them (especially when the cars are encrypted, which these thankfully aren't), and this seems to be sending the message that LODs aren't actually necessary, which we all know is nonsense.

Last edited:
that's just completely missing the point tho. The argument was never whether lods should be included or not, which I have mentioned that stance twice now
missing the point about as much as you are missing the entire point of LODs and their use, probably because your argument has no point

Last edited:
Oh, I know how LODs work and all that, I just wondered why it was felt necessary to have a separate car with only LOD A for single player hotlapping when no other content creators think it's a good idea to do this. If it really was worthwhile then Kunos (and every other developer, and every other modder) would surely do it too... and we'd need double the bandwidth, time and storage space for additional LOD-free duplicate cars in our collections, AND have to remember to pick them for hotlapping, and the proper version for racing.
I assume based on what Young is saying:
We(Me and Dan) believed that someguys wants to drive alone without visual impact.
as well as mentioning "High Quality Textures" which I assume is just uncompressed 8888 and maybe higher resolution too (again completely useless for regular use), I presume the purpose of this version is more for screenshots and completely prioritizing visuals above all. In this specific scenario, LODS aren't necessarily needed, because the model is (likely) incredibly unoptimized for regular racing use anyways

If it's just higher res textures, then yeah a whole entire separate car is rather mute, because you can still get really good results with pipeline standards. If it was an entire higher poly model, then I can see the purpose of having 2 individual entries. one for driving and one for screenshots. hard to say where this falls without actually looking at the model itself

It's hard enough getting modders to embrace LODs and take the effort to include them (especially when the cars are encrypted, which these thankfully aren't), and this seems to be sending the message that LODs aren't actually necessary, which we all know is nonsense.
I don't necessarily think so. Young says

This Pack includes two versions.One of them is Master it has High Quality Textures and LOD_A only.
If you want to drive without Visual Impacts, You can choose Master version.
Another is Normal version. It has optimzied textures and Lods/COCKPIT_LR.
which doesn't really push the message that lod's aren't necessary

Question: Which version of Le Mans do you prefer?

Version Tiamo Lima / Jim Lloyd / Terra21

Or

Version Fm7

Jim Lloyd/Terra21. The surface is much more alive for me. I have a pathological hatred towards AC tracks that are like pool tables. The FM7 one is quite smooth, plus I think the JL/T21 looks fantastic at night with the little camp fires/track side lights.

I assume based on what Young is saying:

as well as mentioning "High Quality Textures" which I assume is just uncompressed 8888 and maybe higher resolution too (again completely useless for regular use), I presume the purpose of this version is more for screenshots and completely prioritizing visuals above all. In this specific scenario, LODS aren't necessarily needed, because the model is (likely) incredibly unoptimized for regular racing use anyways

If it's just higher res textures, then yeah a whole entire separate car is rather mute, because you can still get really good results with pipeline standards. If it was an entire higher poly model, then I can see the purpose of having 2 individual entries. one for driving and one for screenshots. hard to say where this falls without actually looking at the model itself

I don't necessarily think so. Young says

which doesn't really push the message that lod's aren't necessary
I still don't get the reasoning behind it, it seems like unnecessary bloat and unnecessary duplication to me. Kunos, PD, Turn 10, Studio 397... hell, even RSS and URD... none of these think it's a good idea or they'd all be doing it too. Instead, they kill two birds with one stone by making LODs.
Having two versions of the same car with one self-proclaimed as 'visually better' just seems gimmicky to me.
But I guess cars do have smoke and mirrors... so why not use them?

From Facebook...

-Interior Light
-interior AO
-add digital display

hope u enjoy the Car

View attachment 1266282
As mentioned by others, download link? Or Facebook link? I tried unsuccessfully to find it on FB.

@Young78 unfortunately this excellent skinpack no longer works with your F50GT update. Any ideas for a quick fix? Changing the skin names to body.dds doesn't work.

edit: changing the RD skin dds format and renaming to body.png seems to work for the main exterior paint, and body_2.png for the engine cover etc.
It'd be better if the skins accepted DDS format? PNGs seem to be the skin defaults on this car, but on the previous version were in the proper DDS format. Did this change happen during the 'remastering'?
If you change the format back to DDS on the KN5 then the skinpack should hopefully work again with simple renaming of the DDSes in the skinpack. Even better if you rename them back to the original names from v1.2 in the kn5, then the skin pack should work without any adjustment necessary.

Last edited:

Patch for this track: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hecm079rut623ir/teretonga_park.zip?dl=0

Changelog:
  • fixed all trees, mirroed them in Blender, new normals, shadows and shader
  • shader overhaul
  • shadows for track side cars
  • added loading screens

preview 1.jpg
preview 2.jpg

NEW WIP, thanks for permission Andre f1_edition!

bgr00.jpg

Last edited:
From Facebook...

-Interior Light
-interior AO
-add digital display

hope u enjoy the Car

View attachment 1266282
link please

@Young78 unfortunately this excellent skinpack no longer works with your F50GT update. Any ideas for a quick fix? Changing the skin names to body.dds doesn't work.
Animated GIF

Jim Lloyd/Terra21. The surface is much more alive for me. I have a pathological hatred towards AC tracks that are like pool tables. The FM7 one is quite smooth, plus I think the JL/T21 looks fantastic at night with the little camp fires/track side lights.
It's also easier on the fps. I find myself regularly racing both, but if I had to choose one, I'd also go with JL/T21. 👍

I tend to agree but the AI is not as good as FM7 so for testing physics FM7 is a good base to test the AI lap speed. I think both have their place in AC.
I reached out to Parilla about updating it but I think he's swaying more towards updating the FM7 version, which is very sad face.

Anyone else having terrible FPS loss with Pyyer's 2023 Le Mans extension ? First part of the circuit (chicane, pit straight, up until Dunlop bridge) my FPS tank from 120+ to 65... And I'm alone on track.

Only track that does it.
Never noticed that, so I went driving. My AVG fps after two laps is 140, with a MIN of 115,6. Must have missed the MIN while driving because my counters showed 123 fps on the start/finish until after the first corner.
Alone on track, SOL clear weather, noon.

Patch for this track: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hecm079rut623ir/teretonga_park.zip?dl=0

Changelog:
  • fixed all trees, mirroed them in Blender, new normals, shadows and shader
  • shader overhaul
  • shadows for track side cars
  • added loading screens

View attachment 1266381View attachment 1266382
Does your update include, or improve, DaBaeda's update?
Reworked Teretonga Park from Neil Shaw
Added GrassFX,RainFX,New Trees,Cameras,Blimp and Balloons from Masscot
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Download:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back