Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,840 comments
You will be losing quality on the skins that are dropping from 60 > 20MB. They're already likely compressed with DDS and you are just recompressing them into DXT5 format (there's a few different options when compressing/saving as a DDS). If you're happy with the quality loss, which in most cases is probably not noticeable then this sounds like a win win for you, but I can't think of an app that will do what is required in one motion. There may be apps out there that will convert your files to something lossless as a first step so as not to lose quality 2 times, and then repeat the process on those files back to DDS DXT5. There's plenty of apps out there that will convert from one format to another in a batch, google batch image converter and experiment. I'm just not sure about converting DDS * > DDS DXT5 🤷‍♂️

Oh and as said before, CM compress just uses windows built in file compression, it's nothing special. To save you some more space, download a program called CompactGUI https://github.com/IridiumIO/CompactGUI and with it, compress your "content" folder. Use LZX algorithm and even if you have already compressed your mods, you will be surprised at the amount of extra space you will gain. (still using windows compression so no compatibility issues etc)
thx, yes, I will explore that further... indeed much to be gained with nearly impossible to notice difference in quality.

So you mean CompactGUI LZX compress will give an extra gain over already compressed content folder with CM Compress (also uses LZX as per recommended)?
I will try that, thanks! EDIT: No, this doesn't give any gain on top of the compress of CM Compress tool.

Seems alot of improvement can be made still to the CM Compress Tool... :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Is there any guide/video/whatever to use HDR in AC via CSP (DXGI option)?

I'm really confused on how to properly use it. I'm currently using an HDR screen that lists "HDR10" (whatever that means), with Windows 11 HDR setting turned ON.

I just wanted to give it a proper go to make my mind before throwing it in the bin.

Hello everyone! Is there any guide/video/whatever to use HDR in AC via CSP (DXGI option)?

I'm really confused on how to properly use it. I'm currently using an HDR screen that lists "HDR10" (whatever that means), with Windows 11 HDR setting turned ON.

I just wanted to give it a proper go to make my mind before throwing it in the bin.
How to setup HDR
Setup Windows to use HDR
If you do not know, how to setup HDR in Windows, please have a look in this tutorial:
10.html

Important Settings in CM/CSP
Activate DXGI HDR in CSP
1687425388416.png

It is important you activate FXAA! It is the entry point of many things of CSP!!!

1687425456478.png

This is from the Pure install guide....

Last edited:

Go to settings/custom shaders patch/dxgi/ check: New DXGI flip model. Then check: HDR support (for HDR screens only)
In CM go to settings/assetto corsa/video/ Uncheck: Fullscreen. While you are there check your resolution and framerate are reporting correctly (adjust if not)
Finally check that you have HDR enabled in windows and your monitor.

Edit: Ninja'd by the Boese. Ignore my attempt.

Last edited:
Onboard settings is accessed in game when you move the cursor all the way to the Right of the screen a vertical bar will pop up. Once selected, you adjust the arrows to raise or lower the seat. @OooAhh Cantona - he shows what the icons appear like in the menu (in game). Pretty simple. Hit save and it is always the same when you launch the car. I do this on about 99% of all cars.

No need to edit config files etc.
This will ONLY edit the view with the steerinng wheel. He uses the view just before with the steering column and therefore can only adjust the FOV from that menu. So to be able to adjust the view, he need to unpack the data...

Hi guys, i need an help, some days ago my CM start show this message, and since that moment, country flags of tracks are not showing. don't know what to do, a reinstall doesn't work. CM vers. is 0.8.2561.39678
Thanks!

View attachment 1266955
right click on the folder and check Properties/Security/Users, you should have Complete autorizzations (ITA: Proprietà/Sicurezza/Utenti e Gruppi/autorizzazioni: Controllo completo)... seems that you don't have access permissions

Amazing, do you know also how to increase grassfx lod? On some tracks grass is generated everywhere but on others the grass is generated only to a certain distance and it's quite horrible
Sorry, there is imo no grassfx lod value that we can change. Seems to be hard coded by Ilya.

You can try to make the grass longer or use my settings to make the terrain less shiny. I actually use those by default because there is actually usually no shiny ground in nature.
Except maybe when covered in snow and ice, but then you don't see any grass either. ;)

Any idea how to increase the height of the onboard cam ?

but when you choose this cam (without steering wheel) it won't let you adjust the height position.
The adjustment is only possible in cockpit view (with the wheel), once you have the view you want you have to select save dash. If save dash is not available, you will have to unpack data first.
To see the result from save dash in on board cam view, you have to exit back to CM and re enter.
1687437258967.png

Last edited:
Probably something wrong with the settings of the cubes. You can do it with 3DSimed too:
Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

Would you recommend this 3DSimed program for making such edits as adding more pitboxes then? I'm wondering if Blender is not well-suited to such things, although I'm nowhere near experienced enough to really comment on it. I'm interested in knowing the simplest way to make such edits.

First of all, thanks once again for share...

I take this opportunity to comment on a small problem that happens with some mods, in this case with the interior rearview mirror of the Lancia Stratos (another of my wet dreams of youth)...

Sometimes, the image of the asphalt is reflected in some elements of the interior of cars; the white lines, the pianos, the grass (yeah, I'm always off track limits 😅), etc, etc, which is annoying and unreal. It usually happens in structures like carbon parts of the interior, or in the roll cage bars, usually with shiny surfaces, but it had never happened to me with the mirrors. In the interior rearview mirror of this Stratos, in addition to reflecting the correct rear image, you can also subtly see the texture of the asphalt, the starting lines, the pianos...

Is there an easy way to correct this effect? And if so, could someone explain how to do it step by step? I would like to learn how to solve these little nuisances...

I think this is caused by SSLR, and I believe there's even an option to disable SSLR in interior views somewhere in the CSP settings. I'm not sure if that would disable SSLR entirely (so no vehicle reflections on wet surfaces, etc).

Would you recommend this 3DSimed program for making such edits as adding more pitboxes then? I'm wondering if Blender is not well-suited to such things, although I'm nowhere near experienced enough to really comment on it. I'm interested in knowing the simplest way to make such edits.
Easiest way if you know how to do it is through Blender. You can do it also with 3DSimed but it is more time consuming

Last edited:
The adjustment is only possible in cockpit view (with the wheel), once you have the view you want you have to select save dash. If save dash is not available, you will have to unpack data first.
To see the result from save dash in on board cam view, you have to exit back to CM and re enter.
View attachment 1267112
Thanks, unpack data is the answer for this. Thanks to all for helping me.

Hi there,

I think this is caused by SSLR, and I believe there's even an option to disable SSLR in interior views somewhere in the CSP settings. I'm not sure if that would disable SSLR entirely (so no vehicle reflections on wet surfaces, etc).
You can disable SSLR either entirely or in cockpit view only (what I recommend)
I am not at Home now but it has to be somewhere under extra.fx

Hi there,

You can disable SSLR either entirely or in cockpit view only (what I recommend)
I am not at Home now but it has to be somewhere under extra.fx
Here:
sslr.png

DON'T UPDATE TO CM 0.8.2561.....

For all people who updated to the newest CM 0.8.2561....

This version will crash Pure and Sol !!!

Please uncheck this option: CM - settings - Content Manager - general - "update to untested versions" !!!

Please revert to this version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tUusPtFLF2CNTqZY_ElM338lVNqkiti2/view?usp=sharing
Replace your ContentManager.exe with the one in the zip file.

Then reinstall CSP 0.1.80p218 again MANUALLY!
Download the zip, open it and copy the dwrite.dll and the extension folder to your AC root folder (steampapps/common/assettocorsa).
it that still valid ? may I have a link no-patreon to download the CM version suggested by Boese ?

thx, yes, I will explore that further... indeed much to be gained with nearly impossible to notice difference in quality.

So you mean CompactGUI LZX compress will give an extra gain over already compressed content folder with CM Compress (also uses LZX as per recommended)?
I will try that, thanks! EDIT: No, this doesn't give any gain on top of the compress of CM Compress tool.

I worked with ImageMagick over 4 years ago as a batch converter or image editing tool for dds files. Cli command was mogrify imo. It worked very well then, and I'm sure it will be even better by now. :)

But I'm with what @norms said. Why would you recompress dds files? dds is a lossy format, like jpg or mp3. Every time you recompress, you lose a certain amount of quality. png files to dds, Ok, that makes sense. But it also means that the assignments to the dds files have to be recreated.

The CompactGUI will help a little, though probably not much.

Most and easiest, imo, it would certainly help to simply move the least used or worst mods to an external HDD and only reinstall if needed. :D

But you can also use this batch file.

Extract this batch file in the content directory of AC and start it when needed by double-clicking it.
In any case, make a complete backup of your AC directory beforehand. I and some others have been using this file for a while without any problems, but who knows.... 🤷‍♂️
I think most of these people only use the harmless basic part of the batch file anyway. :)

The batch file is divided into two parts.
Code:
:: Base Version
del /S /Q /F /a "Thumbs.db" "Desktop.ini" "*dropbox" "*DS_Store" "*picasa.ini" "~*" "pspbrwse.jbf"

:: Extentended Version
::del /S /Q /F /a "*template" "*.psd" "*.rar" "*.7z" "*.zip" "*backup"

The first part (base version), deletes only small completely unnecessary files, and is mainly for my OCD. ;)
I have deliberately not armed the second part (extended version), which could free up way more memory. The people who have to "armed it" themselves usually know what can happen.

It's in the 5th line and to activate it you have to remove the first two colons.

So from
Code:
::del /S /Q /F /a "*template" "*.psd" "*.rar" "*.7z" "*.zip" "*backup"

becomes

Code:
del /S /Q /F /a "*template" "*.psd" "*.rar" "*.7z" "*.zip" "*backup"

If you then double-click the batch file inside AC content folder, all files named as "template" ".psd" ".rar" ".7z" "*.zip" "*backup" or with these extensions are deleted. That's why my tip is to back up everything at least once to another hard drive BEFOREhand.
You can also divide this batch file into 2 different ones, but a batch file is easily unintentionally clicked, and could harm you. I prefer to actively arm or unarm it manually, when needed and intentioned.

Depending on what you have installed and how, this should free up a lot of storage space, as some of these files can be very large and are usually rarely or never used.

Think carefully beforehand whether this also applies to you.
So be aware that these files will be deleted without asking for your consent first. So only use the file where you consciously want it to be. Otherwise, it can cause immense damage, for which of course I cannot or will not accept any responsibility. :D

Attachments

• del_dumb_files_in_AC.zip
    334 bytes · Views: 15
Last edited:

I find that very strange. It ALWAYS has gained me quite a few hundred MB at least. CompactGUI on the content folder or even the full AC folder will compress every file it finds possible, whereas CM compress does not touch a lot of the files such as PSD/PDF files etc etc. But if you say you gained no extra space then that's just unlucky (or you already have removed all PSD files and such and left nothing else in your content folder available to compress :)) But at least all it cost was a little time to check 👍

Circuit de Pau-Ville
by TMM

shader overhaul, new AI and fixing​

Get the base track here: https://cloud.zalohuj.eu/index.php/s/oE9J3rx6fmgMB3f

Changelog:
  • new AI
  • shader overhaul
  • added hot lap starting point
  • added support for time attack mode
  • fixed trees
  • fixed missing curb in second hairpin
  • added loading screens
  • new UI and maps
  • reduced intensity of the groove
  • new GrassFX
  • fixed shadow for red track side car
  • added geo tags

preview before.jpg
preview after.jpg

Circuit de Pau-Ville
by TMM

Changelog:
  • new AI
  • shader overhaul
  • fixed trees
  • added loading screens
  • new UI and maps
  • new GrassFX
  • added geo tags

View attachment 1267231View attachment 1267232
Nice stuff brow, once again!!!

What we now need a similar treatment for Pau 1967 and 1974, by Ginot Team. Those versions of the track are a mess of textures.

I have a issue recently with texture flickering on some billboards or trees or car parts the texture flicker very badly, does anyone know how to fix this?

Circuit de Pau-Ville
by TMM

Changelog:
  • new AI
  • shader overhaul
  • fixed trees
  • added loading screens
  • new UI and maps
  • new GrassFX
  • added geo tags

View attachment 1267231View attachment 1267232
Nevermind, my bad.

Last edited:
Alo..alo..I was adapting skins for the 1973 Ford Capri Le Mans ( not quite the same for the ACL mod ), but I don't know how to make the windows transparent again.

I edited to leave (the colors: yellow, red and blue). On the onboard camera, no problem, but when I "replay", I can't see anything from the pilot. If I put the file "windows.dds" without editing "it's perfect", but as I wanted to leave it with the colors I commented (after editing), they are mirrored (you can't see anything from the cockpit through the showroom), as you can see in the print .

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1687493523.png
    __custom_showroom_1687493523.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 16
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 13
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 10
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 13
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back