Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,840 comments
This car could be fun in spec races, but... no LODs.
Anyone able to add them? AC hangs when I try with CM on this particular car.
Or Lucas, if you see this.. can you please always include LODs?

View attachment 1267379
MacedoSTI does not respect kunos standards, no COCKPIT_HR, no LODs, is encrypted, car just good to throw away

Last edited:
Peugeot RCZ 2015 Public Release !!!!
Download: https://sharemods.com/1m9zpo62a44t/peugeot_rcz_2015_1.0.zip.html
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Physics by VR DRIVING
-Colors by vr driving
-Self Ligth
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@filemissing,@Mascot,and others

Screenshot_peugeot_rcz_2015_ascari_race_resort_22-5-123-15-55-17.jpg

Yep, but the original problem is that Kunos made a lousy standard PP-filter when they released the HDR thing with the v1.0RC. Before we did had all the same settings. Then all made their own PP filters and nearly all have had or have values I don't like (contrast, color, FPS, saturation), so I've made one closely to the previous v1.0RC versions with neutral color settings, which I use still today.

Here are original made screens with the old versions. See the v1.0RC is brighter but overcontrasted. Therefore v0.22 had blueish colors.

v0.22
View attachment 1267353

v1.0RC
View attachment 1267354
Hi,

To me, the second screenshot (1.0rc) looks more natural than the other ; and not overcontrasted...

To calibrate your screen, use this on a black background:
noir.jpgblanc.gif

Last edited:
It's nuances that can not quiet good seen on a screenshot. I'm using a monitor colorimeter for calibration. The screens are old I did some for many versions of AC (and also for rF2, where the oldest looked best).

Here you have some up-to-date screens, this one's my own PP-filter, and below the AC standard "natural".
Screenshot_peugeot_rcz_2015_pau_1967_23-5-123-23-33-40.jpg

Screenshot_peugeot_rcz_2015_pau_1967_23-5-123-23-34-26.jpg

Also I have another question - this time I'm knocking it down to 2 dimensions. With skins, what are the recommended compression settings for your DDS files? I tried using DXT5 when I saved a skin in GIMP and it looked super nasty in-game. So all of the skins I've made are way larger than I'd really want them to be because I'm saving them without compression.
You can always try saving as bc7, offers pretty nice compression - filesize balance

caveat though is that it's a csp thing so it'll not show up in kseditor/cmshowroom
sh.png

but in game it'll look fine
game.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I noticed that when tweaking some shaders, but the kn5 seemed kind of open so I thought LODs might work... especially when they all started generating.
No LODs is criminal, but not letting people make their own LODs is a hanging offence.

Speaking of LODs...
I love these Integras but have just noticed that the LODs are all fake. I wondered why performance in spec races was lower than it should have been...

edit: closer inspection reveals that the LOD kn5s are all there, but on a few cars (most cars?) lods.ini references LOD A for all four slots.
Easy fix then.

edit 2: mmmm... not so easy. LOD B (edit: and C, and D) seems to be the wrong model in many cases, with the wrong rear spoiler.
No wonder only LOD A is referenced in lods.ini... it's the only correct model type.
Looks like LODs will need generating from scratch for most of these cars...

Glass needs fixing too.
Code:
;fix shadow-casting sun in cockpit
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = INT_WINDSHIELD ; internal glass material name
CAST_SHADOWS = 0
Yes, sadly the integras package was too messy to survive to the recycle bin. I've tried tho.

fall leads GIF

Yes, sadly the integras package was too messy to survive to the recycle bin. I've tried tho.

fall leads GIF
The modder says people are free to work on the cars so I'm currently updating all 16 of them with tailored LODs (CM-generated, so not ideal but better than nothing), driver suits, shadow-casting glass, shifter animation timing tweaks, and anything else I spot.
I'll upload the full revised pack in the next day or so. People can then pick the bones out of it and keep which ever ones they want.

Last edited:
Running pure 1.90 csp 1.80 preview 218
Does anyone know why pure ppfilter or any filter I try does not load automatically?
When I'm in game I can select all the different ppfilters and then load that way.
I've tried using older versions of content manger without solution.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot (43).png
    Screenshot (43).png
    376.9 KB · Views: 8
Hi mates. Some historical things this Saturday 🇲🇴🇭🇰

Lotus 49 1968 - "Theodore racing", fictional livery
Download

Inspired by legendary team of Teddy Yip

Watch onboard of Lotus 49 attacking Macau Guia Circuit

By the way, week ago i made a small walk aroung Guia circuit . And made almost each cornar photo comparison to the track we have in AC (Reboot version is the best i think). For those who like Macau GP it would be interesting. Actually the virtual track is really veru very close to real life. Looking forward for October Macau GP rawe ceek. Can see the photos here

1.jpg

1.jpg

Macau GP Touring 1972 race winner - John Macdonald - Mini Cooper S livery
Download

tiny and legendary Mini Cooper S, driven by British Hong Konger John Macdonald who won the production cup race in 1972. Enjoy ^_^
1.jpg

1.jpg

And here is my favourite
Macau GP Touring 1970 race winner - Anne Wong - Mini Cooper S livery #70 & #142
Download

In 1970 Anne Wong (racing driver from Singapore) made an astonishig race from the last place on the grid to the WIN! And became a legend and super star in one day. It was #70 Cooper S. It was the first and only woman who win Macau race.

Year later same Cooper with Anne behind the wheel #142 took seventh place.

If interested can read more detailed story about Anne Wong racing career.
1.jpg

anne-wong-a-participant-in-the-sports-car-racing-session-of-the-17th-macau-grand-prix-27.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
... I spend far more time trying to sort out random issues than driving lately...
The story of my life... but simply trying to keep up with all the new mods and upgrades that are coming out, since I have the time consuming habit of testing each and every one of the things that I download at the same time that I install it, at least a couple of laps... That's why I keep using the public versions of CSP and so on; I don't even want to imagine what would happen to me if I also messed with the preview versions and such...

Really I don't know how people can make mods, reviews for forums, edit videos and photos for 20 social networks... and sleep eight hours a day...
I wish they had hired the same sculptor for Alonso waxwork... 🫣

14919283498613_640x0.jpg

Last edited:
I can't run acs.exe in 64 bit, I have to force launch in 32 bit to be able to get into a race session, therefore no fx, no extended physics and no can play large map like Shuto. Is it because of a problem with the graphic card drivers? I've tried it all but I really don't want to reinstall windows...

Hi mates. Some historical things this Saturday 🇲🇴🇭🇰

Lotus 49 1968 - "Theodore racing", fictional livery
Download

Inspired by legendary team of Teddy Yip

Watch onboard of Lotus 49 attacking Macau Guia Circuit

By the way, week ago i made a small walk aroung Guia circuit . And made almost each cornar photo comparison to the track we have in AC (Reboot version is the best i think). For those who like Macau GP it would be interesting. Actually the virtual track is really veru very close to real life. Looking forward for October Macau GP rawe ceek. Can see the photos here

1.jpg

1.jpg

Macau GP Touring 1972 race winner - John Macdonald - Mini Cooper S livery
Download

tiny and legendary Mini Cooper S, driven by British Hong Konger John Macdonald who won the production cup race in 1972. Enjoy ^_^
1.jpg

1.jpg

And here is my favourite
Macau GP Touring 1970 race winner - Anne Wong - Mini Cooper S livery #70 & #142
Download

In 1970 Anne Wong (racing driver from Singapore) made an astonishig race from the last place on the grid to the WIN! And became a legend and super star in one day. It was #70 Cooper S. It was the first and only woman who win Macau race.

Year later same Cooper with Anne behind the wheel #142 took seventh place.

If interested can read more detailed story about Anne Wong racing career.
1.jpg

anne-wong-a-participant-in-the-sports-car-racing-session-of-the-17th-macau-grand-prix-27.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg
Fantastic report ! Loving the pieces of history so far, I've always been fascinated by the Macau Grand prix. Just like Monaco, it's a sort of "why, and how" kind of race track which survived the history. And the tiny bits of hints here and there of a world class racetrack along the tiny road must make people smile everytime. Are you a local of Macau ?

Can anyone explain to me how to stop maps looking like this when I use CSP to draw a new one? Any possible solutions greatly appreciated!
View attachment 1267599
Just simply convert it from jpg to png and replace it in track folder.
Jpg´s don´t have an alpha channel, so the transparent background looks ingame like your example.
Sometimes, they are just renamed to png, but they are still jpg´s.
Open it for example with IrfanView, and the program will ask you: "Hey this uses the wrong extension png instead of jpg, should I rename it for you?" Or something similar... :)

1687595161075.png

Last edited:
Just simply convert it from jpg to png and replace it in track folder.
Jpg´s don´t have an aplha channel, so the transparent background looks ingame like your example.
Sometimes, they are just renamed to png, but they are still jpg´s.
Open it for example with IrfanView, the program will ask you: "Hey this uses the wrong extension png instead of jpg, should I rename it for you?" Or something similar... :)
Thanks slider666. I'll try that. Cheers!

edit: I ended up using GIMP and had to remake the alpha channel, but it works, so thanks again. :cheers:

Last edited:
What adjustment in CM does activate the appearance of “road-dust”. Did try lots off adjustments, but in one old CM preset-adjustment its showing the roaddust, but using my latest preset not.

Last edited:
Thanks slider666. I'll try that. Cheers!

edit: I ended up using GIMP and had to remake the alpha channel, but it works, so thanks again. :cheers:
You can also try this app to recreate maps. Personally, I had no problems at all with this app.
And you can also enable additional s / f line and pitlane if you want. Imo a really very good job and has as an additional app also an excellent added value.
1687604360035.png

The story of my life... but simply trying to keep up with all the new mods and upgrades that are coming out, since I have the time consuming habit of testing each and every one of the things that I download at the same time that I install it, at least a couple of laps... That's why I keep using the public versions of CSP and so on; I don't even want to imagine what would happen to me if I also messed with the preview versions and such...

Really I don't know how people can make mods, reviews for forums, edit videos and photos for 20 social networks... and sleep eight hours a day...

I wish they had hired the same sculptor for Alonso waxwork... 🫣

View attachment 1267604
ahah) it reminds me wax museum from recent The Grand Tour video. (still windering is it real thing or was it displayed for the show purpose only ) xDDD

Looks like these excellent Integras were updated (and added to) at the end of March 2023.
No mention of physics changes but the Spoon v1 definitely seems to drive differently. It previously cocked its leg more often than a bulldog with a bladder infection, but now seems to skip and skitter under lateral load instead.
Anyway, it's a comprehensive 16-car pack to pick the bones out of. Should be something for everyone here.
All cars are unencrypted (you might want to slow down the shifting animations).
Download link is in the video description

Further to recent posts, the original modder stated that the pack was "unencrypted, feel free to use it for whatever you want, I don't care".
So here's all 16 cars updated to 1.26m, complete download, with original credits intact and:
  • LODs added, specific for each car to include different body kits and spoilers, roll cages, deleted seats etc. CM/Simplygon generated, so not as good as hand-built but certainly better than nothing.
  • All cockpit glass changed to now allow shadow-casting light in, which makes a huge difference to the ambience and immersion in the cockpits when driving.
  • Race suits/gloves/helmets added by config to every skin.
  • Shifting animation adjusted for a more natural action.

1687606991477.png

It'd be good if the texture mapping on the dashboard could be improved, especially in front of the passenger seat. Hopefully the original modder will continue to develop these cars.

Sharemods used not to make pennies, but for permanent hosting and to avoid 'yo fam reup plz' begging from drive-by posters in three months time.
Edit: forgot about the new GTP hosting service...

@Masscot : How did you do this -
  • All cockpit glass changed to now allow shadow-casting light in, which makes a huge difference to the ambience and immersion in the cockpits when driving?
I have a mod where in regular flat screen mode sunlight comes through the windshield, but in VR it does not. Seems weird that it would not work the same for VR as it does regularly. Or is that a different function? Thanks!

@Masscot : How did you do this -
  • All cockpit glass changed to now allow shadow-casting light in, which makes a huge difference to the ambience and immersion in the cockpits when driving?
I have a mod where in regular flat screen mode sunlight comes through the windshield, but in VR it does not. Seems weird that it would not work the same for VR as it does regularly. Or is that a different function? Thanks!
Add this to the config, including the internal glass material name in place of 'XXX' (click on the glass in CM Showroom from inside the cockpit)

Code:
;fix shadow-casting sun in cockpit
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = XXX ; internal glass material name
CAST_SHADOWS = 0

... but if it already works in 2D, not sure why it's not also working in VR. I vaguely remember something about this from a year or two ago. Try searching this thread if that config doesn't work, I think it was discussed before somewhere.

Last edited:
Minor tweaks to the fun "fake" versions of the Gulf Mirage. Two versions for the Mirage M6 and two versions for the Mirage Gr7.
Hello MrLonghuinha, how are you? Is it possible for you to share with me these beauties? also if you have some Matra's of 70's Le Mans like 630, 650. Thank's very much, have a nice day. Eric

The modder says people are free to work on the cars so I'm currently updating all 16 of them with tailored LODs (CM-generated, so not ideal but better than nothing), driver suits, shadow-casting glass, shifter animation timing tweaks, and anything else I spot.
I'll upload the full revised pack in the next day or so. People can then pick the bones out of it and keep which ever ones they want.
Lovely.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back