Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,712 comments
Just a small one, the driver's head isn't hidden properly in the model replacement config in the skin folders, so his face can clip through your view in VR (and also in 2D I guess?) leading to floating nose nightmares.
Damned VR. :lol: One day I'll buy VR just to check such stuff. ;)

Fix the driver and I'll fix those things. :D Doesnt the fact his feet are in the pedals make you nutz in VR? :cheers:

I guess I really need to learn how to create proper drivers ....

Is there a bored modder in da house looking for a new project? 😙

Last edited:
Is there a bored modder in da house looking for a new project? 😙

Now that's a thing studios should be doing instead of banging subpar GT3's (compared to ACC's...), but I guess it wouldn't earn them as much money lol

Damned VR. :lol: One day I'll buy VR just to check such stuff. ;)

Fix the driver and I'll fix those things. :D Doesnt the fact his feet are in the pedals make you nutz in VR? :cheers:

I guess I really need to learn how to create proper drivers ....
You should be able to see it in 2D driving from the cockpit, with the driver visible, especially if you move your view backwards to check for any clipping.
Many of these (IMO awful) helmetless driver mods that seem to be all the rage these days don't have their heads hidden properly. I usually swap them for a helmet-wearing Kunos driver if I'm going to keep the car.

View attachment 1270002Released : GT by Citroen Race Car´08 V. 1.0
Converted from GT6 By F302
-Working Wipers (animeted)
-Interior Light
-interior AO (carbon parts only)
-sound (Kunos McLaren MP4-12C GT3)
-interior new mapping (carbon parts and alcantara)
-add digital display (incl. Headup)
-extension Folder(wipers)
-add lods
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
please give your opinion on the car
what is good and what is less good!

tested on CSP 0.1.80-preview115
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager.
Download:
don't use spaces in folder names, it bugs the information in AC

Does anyone know why a car's digital display hud disappear after exporting from ksEditor? This happens with any car with a digital display. You would imagine it would be a simple fix, but I have no idea how to re-enable it.

I used 3DSimED3 to export a car's KN5 file into a FBX file, then I open that same FBX with ksEditor. After I'm done making my adjustments, I then exported back to a KN5 file. Everything works fine except the digital display disappears. I'm assume ksEditor is making changes that I'm unaware.

Here I'm dabbling with RTM's Citroen GT Racecar (Not the newly released F302 version). Thanks in advance.

Before Editing
1688371446690.png

After Editing
1688371509131.png

Last edited:
Does anyone know why a car's digital display hud disappear after exporting from ksEditor? This happens with any car with a digital display. You would imagine it would be a simple fix, but I have no idea how to re-enable it.

I used 3DSimED3 to export a car's KN5 file into a FBX file, then I open that same FBX with ksEditor. After I'm done making my adjustments, I then exported back to a KN5 file. Everything works fine except the digital display disappears. I'm assume ksEditor is making changes that I'm unaware.

Here I'm dabbling with RTM's Citroen GT Racecar (Not the newly released F302 version). Thanks in advance.

Before Editing
View attachment 1270218

After Editing
View attachment 1270219
exported to fbx with CM rather than 3dsimed, which often loses things

I usually swap them for a helmet-wearing Kunos driver if I'm going to keep the car.
Just delete the config in Skin Alpine White. I've only added the non helmet driver to this skin. Driver3D.ini has a regular helmet driver as global setting. :)

Updating the skin config with
Code:
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME = driver_euro3
DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT = DRIVER:HELMET, DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE
should fix it tho.

I’m keeping the Lotus as the Lotus, but using the RSS 1986 for all the other cars.
I mean to be fair it's the lotus so it's obvious but for williams the RSS 1986 would be the best choice since it's based on that.
Greg, the SD 1986 cars are pretty decent to race the A.I
Except...it's just the lotus on the physics side of it...
Good idea. I’ll use the SD cars for the lesser grid-filler teams.
RSS - Williams, Lotus 98t, SD everything else lol

You're really still using AC vanilla? Why? Can't believe that... i would say that the most, or almost all Mods are now requires CSP. So why still using vanilla and not CSP with all the great features?🤔
I have both, vanilla on my laptop and CSP on my pc. I think the vanilla appeal is its simplicity.

Just delete the config in Skin Alpine White. I've only added the non helmet driver to this skin. Driver3D.ini has a regular helmet driver as global setting. :)

Updating the skin config with
Code:
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME = driver_euro3
DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT = DRIVER:HELMET, DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE
should fix it tho.
Ah, thanks - I only tried the default skin so assumed every skin had the bareheaded driver.

I mean to be fair it's the lotus so it's obvious but for williams the RSS 1986 would be the best choice since it's based on that.

Except...it's just the lotus on the physics side of it...

RSS - Williams, Lotus 98t, SD everything else lol
I found that some SD cars look so bad, that I'd rather have an RSS skin version, such as the Benetton(rear wing too low) Brabham and McLaren.

anyone else finding the ai in the new URD Darche slow? Around Le Mans i'm lapping nearly 3 seconds quicker than them on the default setup.

UPDATE Bergrennen Remlingrade 2013

v1.1
  • fixed AI breaking before finish, thanks to RMi and norms for helping
  • cams and AI hints adjusted

first of all I want to thank you for you continuous work, you're amazing. Having said that, I'm having bad performance with your bergrennen remlingrade, i know I don't have a beast of a graphic card, but it's your only track in wich I have poor performance

Yes this one is hard on FPS. I converted it two times to have a better performance (new 3DSimed version could handle it better). We started with only 35 FPS after the start now we have 15 more. It's the trees that so heavy.

I've tried that but without luck, but your comment was very helpful to guide me on what exactly I had to do, thank you. Then I ended up going to discord where they also helped me and I could once and for all delete what I needed, finally I can enjoy this track without having some kind of OCD. :lol:

For those who wants this track (FM7 / sx_lemans) without the "groove marks" add this to the end of the ext_config.ini

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
MESHES = groove?
IS_RENDERABLE= 0

with groove marks

View attachment 1270101

And without
View attachment 1270102
There is always the Terra21 version kicking around which is a good version.

I've tried that but without luck, but your comment was very helpful to guide me on what exactly I had to do, thank you. Then I ended up going to discord where they also helped me and I could once and for all delete what I needed, finally I can enjoy this track without having some kind of OCD. :lol:

For those who wants this track (FM7 / sx_lemans) without the "groove marks" add this to the end of the ext_config.ini

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
MESHES = groove?
IS_RENDERABLE= 0

with groove marks

View attachment 1270101

And without
View attachment 1270102
Yes, you're right. My mistake. Glad you were able to fix it yourself. 👍

Sometimes the combination with other settings of SHADER_REPLACEMENT and IS_RENDERABLE= 0 works too, but I couldn't pin it down yet why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. 🤷‍♂️

MESH_ADJUSTMENT_... and IS_RENDERABLE= 0 is in any case the safer and obviously better variant. :)

Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 2007 Public Release !!!!
Download: https://sharemods.com/k0q1jaqlt1sg/toyota_vitz_rs_2007_1.0.zip.html
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Physics
-Driver Animation by Mascot
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@filemissing,@Mascot,and others

View attachment 1269502View attachment 1269503View attachment 1269504View attachment 1269505View attachment 1269506View attachment 1269507View attachment 1269508
thanks for this mod, and for all your other mods you shared so far.
Most rank 4+ in my CM, such quality and detail.
I have mostly only 1 big struggle with some of your mods (and in general with many mods), and that is
like with this Vitz and your Seat Leon Cupra for example as well:
the brake lights do not light up enough, and thus are hardly visible.

I must say this issue comes to light (pun intended) only when not using Postprocessing filter.
(always in my case, since I only use VR, and PP is a fps killer)

If you could tell me what to change in ext_config.ini (and/or lights.ini) to make those braking lights way brighter, I would truly appreciate it (as I could then do this for all the mods where I only miss good visible brakelights without having to resort to PP filter.)

Its a problem with CSP right now - only in Triple Screen mode. It will be fixed in CSP 0.1.80. On the Pure Discord Server is a temporaly fix for this, but you can also wait for the new CSP.
Peter, are you aware of an issue with the latest Pure build where daylight sessions sometimes start with headlights on (my own car AND AI drivers)?
Trying to work out what the heck the problem could be. I've toggled/untoggled all of the usual checkboxes regarding headlights and ambient light levels etc but nothing seems to work.
If it's not been widely reported then maybe it's not a general issue but something unique to me/my settings... but it's a bit of a bastard trying to solve it.

Last edited:
Peter, are you aware of an issue with the latest Pure build where daylight sessions sometimes start with headlights on (my own car AND AI drivers)?
Trying to work out what the heck the problem could be. I've toggled/untoggled all of the usual checkboxes regarding headlights and ambient light levels etc but nothing seems to work.
If it's not been widely reported then maybe it's not a general issue but something unique to me/my settings... but it's a bit of a bastard trying to solve it.
The AI headlights control is not realy different to Sol. Does it also happen with Sol?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back