Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Does anyone know why a car's digital display hud disappear after exporting from ksEditor? This happens with any car with a digital display. You would imagine it would be a simple fix, but I have no idea how to re-enable it.

I used 3DSimED3 to export a car's KN5 file into a FBX file, then I open that same FBX with ksEditor. After I'm done making my adjustments, I then exported back to a KN5 file. Everything works fine except the digital display disappears. I'm assume ksEditor is making changes that I'm unaware.

Here I'm dabbling with RTM's Citroen GT Racecar (Not the newly released F302 version). Thanks in advance.

Before Editing
View attachment 1270218

After Editing
View attachment 1270219
could be 3dsim export is breaking the dummies digital instruments refers to (which would be why it breaks with other cars as well)

though if it's just exporting to make adjustments in kseditor, it's easier to just make the adjustments in ext config instead

Peter, are you aware of an issue with the latest Pure build where daylight sessions sometimes start with headlights on (my own car AND AI drivers)?
Trying to work out what the heck the problem could be. I've toggled/untoggled all of the usual checkboxes regarding headlights and ambient light levels etc but nothing seems to work.
If it's not been widely reported then maybe it's not a general issue but something unique to me/my settings... but it's a bit of a bastard trying to solve it.
I just tried Sergio Loro's amazing (free) new Suzuka release and the track lights were on at midday for me, even though the weather wasn't dark. Didn't have much time to look into it though.

The AI headlights control is not realy different to Sol. Does it also happen with Sol?
It didn't used to, but then again it didn't used to happen with Pure either. I've not really used Sol since Pure was available.
Perhaps it's nothing to do with Pure at all, but it's been driving me bonkers for a few weeks now and nothing i seem to try fixes it. The total randomness of when it'll happen makes it even harder to pin down too.

I just tried Sergio Loro's amazing (free) new Suzuka release and the track lights were on at midday for me, even though the weather wasn't dark. Didn't have much time to look into it though.
Funnily enough, track lights are never on when it happens AFAIK. Only car headlights.

exported to fbx with CM rather than 3dsimed, which often loses things

could be 3dsim export is breaking the dummies digital instruments refers to (which would be why it breaks with other cars as well)

though if it's just exporting to make adjustments in kseditor, it's easier to just make the adjustments in ext config instead
Yep you're right, 3DSimED3 destroys everything you love and wasted six hours of my life, whereas content manager did it flawlessly the first time. It makes me wonder why I spend it $40 on this. :banghead:

Again thanks everyone :cheers:

EDIT: To be fair I did try it with CM the first time a few day ago, but it didn't work that time. That's why I started using 3DSimED3...

Last edited:
CM just updated and...

1688417726683.png

Memory leak finally fixed?
Yes please.

Can anyone help me remove dirt map?
thanks for sharing this wonderfull mod!

Here you go ,
just put the 2 files in each skin folder where you do not want dirt and/or damage to spoil the good looks...
:cheers:

enjoyed modding and driving this beast, based on a Drift mod by SSOFFICIALLY (recently pertained via ACTK garage).

As I could not keep it on track, I added TC , changed turbo and final gear ratio, added a 5th gear. Now more suitable for racing.
in case anyone wants to give it a go: DOWNLOAD
(does not overwrite the original, installs as seperate tune)
1688418562679.png

Last edited by a moderator:
CM just updated and...

View attachment 1270357

Memory leak finally fixed?
Yes please.
FWI, with CSP 0.1.79, after this version of CM (0.8.2561.39678) automatically installed, I had diffuse looking skies and sun, and the tracks were darker, almost like a heavy overcast lighting. I think I had SOL 2.2.8, so I downloaded and installed 2.2.9 from Racedeparment, and I was back to bright and sunny tracks with clouds.

Last edited:
I finished to update all the old tracks I have in my archive. So don't worry this is the last update massacre.

Please try Suzuka 1992 it's not at RD.

To make it short todays updates:

bgr00.jpg

Last edited:
Nevertheless for me useless if one of the cars is several seconds slower than the other.
Brought to real performance differences is better IMO, after all its a simulation, so something where cars were different, often by a reasonable difference in history, should remain as such,, otherwise it's not a simulation but a game. If you want things to be equal, plenty of 1 make series around to give that equality.
what?

Brought to real performance differences is better IMO, after all its a simulation, so something where cars were different, often by a reasonable difference in history, should remain as such,, otherwise it's not a simulation but a game. If you want things to be equal, plenty of 1 make series around to give that equality.

what?
I think we could discuss it endless.

I try to explain my points again. No I don’t like to have everything equal. If the cars are historical balanced it’s even better. But we don’t know how the RSS is compared to the Kunos Lotus but it’s likely sure there will not match each other.
And if we speak of historical correctness- the lotus was just slightly under the top teams in that season 86 so if the RSS car is much faster or much slower it just do not fit together.

And if you fe. want even add scamdream cars as grid filler I doubt the whole grid will work well together.

Second issue at least for me is - I find that the lotus is hard to drive and like I know rss their car will probably much easier.

But for now it’s only just guessing and not a drama.
So I let you opinion and I stay with my. 😀

I think we could discuss it endless.

I try to explain my points again. No I don’t like to have everything equal. If the cars are historical balanced it’s even better. But we don’t know how the RSS is compared to the Kunos Lotus but it’s likely sure there will not match each other.
And if we speak of historical correctness- the lotus was just slightly under the top teams in that season 86 so if the RSS car is much faster or much slower it just do not fit together.

And if you fe. want even add scamdream cars as grid filler I doubt the whole grid will work well together.

Second issue at least for me is - I find that the lotus is hard to drive and like I know rss their car will probably much easier.

But for now it’s only just guessing and not a drama.
So I let you opinion and I stay with my. 😀
from what I understand of the cars of that era, they werent easy to drive. I haven't driven the RSS 86 car yet, but if their other mods are anything to go by, their cars do seem easy to drive. The RSS Formula 2 cars feel easy to drive hard and consistently. Is that how they are in real life, I dont know, I'm not likely to ever drive one, same with the Lotus or most mods if the truth be told. Yes it is nice to get a mod that is easy to drive, but if the real cars were hard to drive I would hope the same for the simulated ones. Talking BOP for a series that didn't have BOP I think is pointless, but to have them historically performing the same is far better, I mean would you really want to race in a Williams and have an Osella overtake you?

banner.png

Tashi's Car Data Reference Center 0.2b (The Munich Update)

This update containins 16GB worth of official BMW's "Technical Training Documents" for select BMW models and technologies. It's the Ultimate Driving Machine's Ultimate Database

Specific data
  • Added BMW 1 Series (E82/88) & 1M Coupe (E82)
  • Added BMW 2 Series (F22)
  • Added BMW 3 Series (E46, E90/92/93. F30/31)
  • Added BMW 5 Series (E60, F07, F10)
  • Added BMW 6 Series (E63/64, F12)
  • Added BMW 7 Series (E65, F01, F07, G12)

• Added BMW i3
  • Added BMW i8

• Added BMW M3 (E46, E90/92, F80)
  • Added BMW M4 (F82, F82 GTS)
  • Added BMW M5 (E39, E60, F10, F90 pre-LCI and LCI)
  • Added BMW M6 (E63, F12/13)

• Added BMW Z4 (E85, E89)
  • Added BMW Z8

• Added BMW X1 (E84, F48)
  • Added BMW X3 (E83, F25)
  • Added BMW X5 (E53, E70, E70 M, F85 M)
  • Added BMW X6 (E71, F86 M)

More Data
- Added BMW Technical Training Documents/Other (Folder containing documents of various BMW technologies and misc documents)

There should be an extra BMW update on top of this later next week covering the newer G-chassis BMW's, but this is already big enough imo. Enjoy! (Took me at least 4 hours to catalog all of this)

Hi Everyone!

This is my first time posting here so I would like to share my work.

The Honda NSX-R LM GT2.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Features of this mod:
• Model based on Gran Turismo 6
• Some parts are from Gran Turismo Sport (Front Lights, Rear Lights), Project CARS 2 (Digital Meter)
• Le Mans Kit, BPR Kit, and JGTC Kit (Except on 2nd Variant after Suzuka Race) (CSP Required)
• Liveries included from 1995 to 1996
• Working CSP Lights
• Working Animation
  • Driver
  • Wiper
  • Pop-up Headlight
  • Shifter
• Rumble Exhaust
• AO All Parts (Inside and Outside)
• Data and Physics based on "Claudio Cas" (need permission)
• Sound by Tripled Sevens (need permission)

This is the first mod I will release soon. Anyway, this mod was started in February 2022 when I was still modding in GTA. Then I decided to switch to Assetto Corsa to try to convert what I want. Around June to September 2022, I decided to create a video and showcase it for entertainment. After that, I focused on searching for more details to add to complete the mod. Moving forward, I was supposed to release this mod around March but for some reason, I stop and focus on my personal life for almost 4 months. But some people on my youtube ask when the mod will release, I decided to go back and finish so here it is.

Here are some videos I showcase.

IROHAZAKA Uphill | Honda NSX-R LM GT2 | Touge Run | Assetto Corsa

Honda NSX-R LM GT2 at Tsukuba Circuit | 90s Style Filter | Assetto Corsa

Gran Turismo HD Edition | LM Edition Battle | Honda NSX-R LM GT2 | Trial Mountain | Assetto Corsa

Right now, there are a few minor updates to add and improvements and ready to go. I hope you will enjoy it once I release this mod.

I mean would you really want to race in a Williams and have an Osella overtake you?
No of course not. To avoid that I will take the same rss model with different skins and give the osella ballast and restrictor.

Do you want have the Lotus behind the osella ? Or way ahead of the whole field? Sure not.

It’s not the best solution to have a season skinpack on one model but at least I can controll the performance of the teams with ballast and restrictor this way.

sadly we only have 2 models of that season

View attachment 1270464
Tashi's Car Data Reference Center 0.2b (The Munich Update)

This update containins 16GB worth of official BMW's "Technical Training Documents" for select BMW models and technologies. It's the Ultimate Driving Machine's Ultimate Database

Specific data

• Added BMW 1 Series (E82/88) & 1M Coupe (E82)
  • Added BMW 2 Series (F22)
  • Added BMW 3 Series (E46, E90/92/93. F30/31)
  • Added BMW 5 Series (E60, F07, F10)
  • Added BMW 6 Series (E63/64, F12)
  • Added BMW 7 Series (E65, F01, F07, G12)

• Added BMW i3
  • Added BMW i8

• Added BMW M3 (E46, E90/92, F80)
  • Added BMW M4 (F82, F82 GTS)
  • Added BMW M5 (E39, E60, F10, F90 pre-LCI and LCI)
  • Added BMW M6 (E63, F12/13)

• Added BMW Z4 (E85, E89)
  • Added BMW Z8

• Added BMW X1 (E84, F48)
  • Added BMW X3 (E83, F25)
  • Added BMW X5 (E53, E70, E70 M, F85 M)
  • Added BMW X6 (E71, F86 M)

More Data
- Added BMW Technical Training Documents/Other (Folder containing documents of various BMW technologies and misc documents)

There should be an extra BMW update on top of this later next week covering the newer G-chassis BMW's, but this is already big enough imo. Enjoy! (Took me at least 4 hours to catalog all of this)
Good. We were lacking of BMW cars. :dopey:

No of course not. To avoid that I will take the same rss model with different skins and give the osella ballast and restrictor.

Do you want have the Lotus behind the osella ? Or way ahead of the whole field? Sure not.

It’s not the best solution to have a season skinpack on one model but at least I can controll the performance of the teams with ballast and restrictor this way.

sadly we only have 2 models of that season
can only hope we get the rest of the cars at a later date to the same high standards and not just left with SD gap fillers , but I doubt that will happen.

I finished to update all the old tracks I have in my archive. So don't worry this is the last update massacre.

Please try Suzuka 1992 it's not at RD.

To make it short todays updates:

Probably someone already asked you this and I'll be just another clown: have you considered the auto-update feature of CM? With you being so actively updating your work, it'd make life of us fans of your work WAY easier :lol:

PS: how much is a beer back in Germany? You must be thirsty of all that work!

Result after one weekend back at Racedepartment:

Mods uploaded: 46 :lol:
Downloads: 15.927 :banghead:
Donations: 3 :cheers:

So it wasn't actually bad to get back to RD ;)
don’t count on donations, I’m still waiting to be able to offer me the full version of Content Manager (I’m talking about 5 euros) and thus be able to make the lods a/b/c for the mods, after I bury myself I don’t need it ... :lol:

Donations are quit good at RD I must say. Edward a beer in Germany is around 3 Euro in a restaurant. Maybe will have a look for that Cm auto update thing. But the updates are now nearly finished and there will be new tracks coming.

Did someone say updates?

Changelog in Read Me or at RD.

Donations are quit good at RD I must say. Edward a beer in Germany is around 3 Euro in a restaurant. Maybe will have a look for that Cm auto update thing. But the updates are now nearly finished and there will be new tracks coming.

Did someone say updates?

Changelog in Read Me or at RD.
Thank you for filling my day.... The listing is up to date :boggled:

Probably someone already asked you this and I'll be just another clown: have you considered the auto-update feature of CM? With you being so actively updating your work, it'd make life of us fans of your work WAY easier :lol:

PS: how much is a beer back in Germany? You must be thirsty of all that work!
Noooooo !!! :scared:
While it may be easier, I dislike all these auto updates from which you never know what is happening exactly and even if has been done correctly.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back