Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,712 comments
Youtube's API broke the surprise, some people don't see that thumbnail and got the mod spoilered/leaked
There must be a market for these godawful modern F1 cars otherwise they wouldn't keep churning them out, but does anyone here actually find them remotely interesting to drive?
PM3DM seem increasingly unlikely to make any further progress on their super touring cars so there's a massive gap in the market there for cars that are actually involving and rewarding to drive.
I wonder if a lot of modding groups have been dissuaded from making full suites of touring cars because PM3DM stuck their flag in the series all those years ago, even if the project now seems pretty much dead on the tarmac?

Last edited:
RELEASE: Ferrari FF

Link is in video description. Free and unencrypted.
I hope you like it!
😄

Last edited:
@LeGeNd-1

I share your point of view, except about some paimods.
When I took my first paimod for AC (Formula 79 by RSS which is the Lotus 79), I was extremely joyful and excited and some further (not all RSS) gave some real emotion by history and/or engineering.

That’s just my way and I’m not in some proselytism.

@Masscot
Definitely about the last F1, It’s boring by sound and driving.

Last edited:
ODRT Ring v1.01

Screenshot_ks_toyota_supra_mkiv_odrt_ring_25-7-123-18-38-52.jpg

Fictional circuit in Italy.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-28 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by Gianfranco
GTR2 Conversion by BillBro
-Thank you for giving me permission (BillBro)

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png by @Fanapryde
some objects and textures by kunos

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

Billboards and distance markers created by @Masscot are now included in kn5. (Thanks)
The original billboards are now included in the file as skins.
Changed one of the tree texture.
Changed grass textures.
Changed crowds textures to those created by @Kniker97 . (Thanks)
Fixed floating tree.
Fixed mapping of terrain.
Updated semaphore.ini by @Quark67 . (Thanks)
Updated preview.

Last edited:
There must be a market for these godawful modern F1 cars otherwise they wouldn't keep churning them out, but does anyone here actually find them remotely interesting to drive?
PM3DM seem increasingly unlikely to make any further progress on their super touring cars so there's a massive gap in the market there for cars that are actually involving and rewarding to drive.
I wonder if a lot of modding groups have been dissuaded from making full suites of touring cars because PM3DM stuck their flag in the series all those years ago, even if the project now seems pretty much dead on the tarmac?
I enjoy both and we're having a couple of successful cups and time attacks with the newer F1 cars. preferably RSSs version. Actually wish they would update the RSS F2 mod.
I enjoy the the touring cars just as much, but most of the guys i race with hate the fwd cars so i'm still hoping we could get a done E36 BTCC mod that BOP with the VRC cars.

Sucks that PM3DM haven't done more with them.
and while you mention the PM3DM cars, is there any updated ext files for the existing ones to get them more up to 2023 state?

RELEASE: Ferrari FF
(link is in video description, free and unencrypted)
Quick disclaimer: I made this in 10 days. It's only my second mod. I don't know what I'm doing, I just followed the MNBA tutorial.
Let me know if you find any issues, I will try to fix it.
I hope you like it!
😄

Cheers for this!
Which tutorial is it may I ask? I've loads of models I'd love to do but never knew how. Would love a step by step guide and if it comes out half as good as that I'd be delighted.

Hi !

I just received an email from RSS about some modifications on the Bayer V8 Hybrid LMDH.

I’m not able to give you more accurate information because I’m on my smartphone and the readme is inside the mod folder.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_7846.png
    IMG_7846.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I enjoy both and we're having a couple of successful cups and time attacks with the newer F1 cars. preferably RSSs version. Actually wish they would update the RSS F2 mod.
I enjoy the the touring cars just as much, but most of the guys i race with hate the fwd cars so i'm still hoping we could get a done E36 BTCC mod that BOP with the VRC cars.

Sucks that PM3DM haven't done more with them.
and while you mention the PM3DM cars, is there any updated ext files for the existing ones to get them more up to 2023 state?
someone was trying to update them but PM3DM did a cease and desist on them.

Cheers for this!
Which tutorial is it may I ask? I've loads of models I'd love to do but never knew how. Would love a step by step guide and if it comes out half as good as that I'd be delighted.
That's exactly what I thought. I've followed it now twice, and both cars came out suprisingly good if you ask me. Anyway, the tutorial is (unfortunately) a patreon-only post on the MNBA site: https://www.patreon.com/mnba/posts?filters[tag]=How to Convert

It consists of 9 x 3 hour long video's, and some files and tools. Honestly, the first time I started with zero knowledge about modding, and I wouldn't have been able to follow it, if it wasn't a step-by-step hold-your-hand guide.

There are other public tutorial video's available on youtube as well, but this is the one I followed.

It's release Friday! 😀

Today with a brand new track along with infos and access to many WIPs.

RELEASE of MONTREAL 1982

Drive Montreal with the old box area. This 3D-track was made for rFactor by Endor Team. It was converted and enhanced to Assetto Corsa by Rainmaker.

Features:
  • working AI
  • working track map
  • support for hot lap mode
  • replay cameras by DaBaeda
  • support for time attack mode
  • 30 pit boxes with working pit lane
  • CSP support: RainFX, GrassFX, water shader
  • upscaled textures
  • vao patch
  • night lights
  • option for bumpy and smooth road meshes in extras folder, standard is bumpy
  • added option to removed 2d crowds: open the ext_config.ini in the extension folder scroll down to last ";remove 2d crowds" and set ACTIVE = 1

Download via my new Patreon page:

bgr00.jpg
bgr01.jpg
bgr02.jpg
bgr03.jpg

Some WIPs I'm working on:
vorschau wips.jpg

More infos and beta access here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/rainmaker-now-at-88179054

Don't worry all my work will stay free after official release!

That's exactly what I thought. I've followed it now twice, and both cars came out suprisingly good if you ask me. Anyway, the tutorial is (unfortunately) a patreon-only post on the MNBA site: https://www.patreon.com/mnba/posts?filters[tag]=How to Convert

It consists of 9 x 3 hour long video's, and some files and tools. Honestly, the first time I started with zero knowledge about modding, and I wouldn't have been able to follow it, if it wasn't a step-by-step hold-your-hand guide.

There are other public tutorial video's available on youtube as well, but this is the one I followed.
Brilliant thank you - if it's a good guide it's worth it to me!

It's release Friday! 😀

RELEASE of MONTREAL 1982

Drive Montreal with the old box area. This 3D-track was made for rFactor by Endor Team. It was converted and enhanced to Assetto Corsa by Rainmaker.

Features:
  • working AI
  • working track map
  • upscaled textures
  • vao patch
  • night lights
  • added option to removed 2d crowds: open the ext_config.ini in the extension folder scroll down to last ";remove 2d crowds" and set ACTIVE = 1

View attachment 1282689View attachment 1282690View attachment 1282691View attachment 1282692

View attachment 1282693
More infos and beta access here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/rainmaker-now-at-88179054

is this close to Montreal 79 sources? (im WIP on that)

It's release Friday! 😀

RELEASE of MONTREAL 1982

Features:
  • working AI
  • working track map
  • upscaled textures
  • vao patch
  • night lights

View attachment 1282689View attachment 1282690View attachment 1282691View attachment 1282692

View attachment 1282693

I waited so long for this one to come into AC, thank you so much man, hope of 1985 Zandvoort is still there hehe

Love your tracks!!

Nissan R32 JTCC Update&Livery skin Navan
View attachment 1282001

fixed all the errors

• Suspension
  • Doors
  • Model Refinement: removed any empty dummy elements from the model, resulting in a more optimized.
Fixed front wheels snap

Front Wheels Stability, the instability issue with the front wheels has been resolved.

-Now the front wheels won't break when you turn the steering wheel at a max rotation angle

Download update/skin GTPlanet
download version 8 if you got confused
Download Patreon
skin pack
!! Remember that the mod now comes only with the (test car livery skin) and you have to download the rest of the skins separately!!

Things got a little confusing, I know that I will try to fix them soon.
I don't have the time now
This still seems pretty broken to me, unfortunately. I tried having a race and it somehow managed to roll on its roof, and then just blinked out of existence. Trying to go to the pits or even restarting the session didn't help. :(

Here's a screenshot:
20230825143130_1.jpg

And another one; you can see the a wheel has completely detached from the model in this one:
20230825143459_1.jpg

Last edited:

this looks awesome , the features look incredible.

edit : this was a leaked Formula Alpha 2023 video wich was scheduled to release today on youtube.. but youtube spoiled the video..

so its not the jordan as shown in this video, stay tuned for later today.. brake magic , diff settings , multiple selectible steering wheels and so on are only some of the features

Last edited:
It's release Friday! 😀

RELEASE of MONTREAL 1982

Features:
  • working AI
  • working track map
  • upscaled textures
  • vao patch
  • night lights

View attachment 1282693

Has this got the original twisty section before what is now turn 1, and the super fast chicane rather than the slow one of now?

I know most versions still didn't have the pre-1988 additions.

It's release Friday! 😀

RELEASE of MONTREAL 1982

Features:
  • working AI
  • working track map
  • upscaled textures
  • vao patch
  • night lights

View attachment 1282693

Schottenring!!!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back