Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
F1 1996 EUROPE TRACKSKIN BY JV82
For Nurburgring 2001 by shin956

A great season is coming back!

Thanks

JV82

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-1996-europe-trackskin-by-jv82.63148/

Screenshot_f1_1996_benetton_nurburgring2001_24-7-123-17-19-57.jpg
Screenshot_f1_1996_benetton_nurburgring2001_24-7-123-17-21-5.jpg

Screenshot_f1_1996_benetton_nurburgring2001_24-7-123-17-21-42.jpg
Screenshot_f1_1996_benetton_nurburgring2001_24-7-123-17-22-23.jpg

Screenshot_f1_1996_forti_nurburgring2001_24-7-123-17-29-30.jpg
Screenshot_f1_1996_forti_nurburgring2001_24-7-123-17-31-31.jpg

Screenshot_f1_1996_forti_nurburgring2001_24-7-123-17-32-39.jpg
Screenshot_f1_1996_jordan_nurburgring2001_24-7-123-17-23-30.jpg

Screenshot_f1_1996_jordan_nurburgring2001_24-7-123-17-25-25.jpg
Screenshot_f1_1996_mclaren_nurburgring2001_24-7-123-17-26-57.jpg

disagree for the following 2 reason:

1. having the same car made by 2 different company's is pretty pointless, lets use that logic and apply it to something else lets say a real car, would you want honda to make a car and then nissan come along and make exactly the same car? i would not as like i said its pointless to have 2 of the same

2. i don't see how that can be good for either the community or the bottom line of RSS and VRC, the community now has to pay twice for the same car? alot of people will just buy 1 or the other because it is the same car thus stopping alot of people spending money at either VRC or RSS for that paticular model, a breakdown of communication can never be a good thing in this kind of space (or any) for anyone involved, infact i am gobsmacked as to why they would choose to do this. as it is literally seconds out there day to do said communications

now i will say that i also get where you are coming from and the differences that we will see between the 2 will be cool, but i am just of a different opinion, i am not keen on having the same car twice
1. real life is meaningless in this contest. I'm talking about the different type of physics of the car in game due the fact the people who are working on it (without official data from the constructor) have different knowledge, different style of work and so on.

2. No one forces you to buy both, or from one of them. Based on your point of view no one should develop a racing game because there's already something on the market (or football one and so on)... No sense at all.

Then as said already, you can purchase one from RSS or VRC based on your precedent experience with their stuff (or not purchase anything and skip them).

Well, I've just seen this on RSS's discord and it's pretty convincing😅😅
View attachment 1282329

ninjad…:D

Last edited:
1. real life is meaningless in this contest. I'm talking about the different type of physics of the car in game due the fact the people who are working on it (without official data from the constructor) have different knowledge, different style of work and so on.

2. No one forces you to buy both, or from one of them. Based on your point of view no one should develop a racing game because there's already something on the market (or football one and so on)... No sense at all.

Then as said already, you can purchase one from RSS or VRC based on your precedent experience with their stuff (or not purchase anything and skip them).
i understand your point but i am not really fussed in terms of 1 is slightly different than the other, there both going to be good, i would much rather have them making different car's. if i drive lets say a porsche 911 from rss or vrc it is still a porsche 911 regardless, its not like they are going to look different its the same car, physics yes that can be a bit different but how different can it really be because again its the same car with the same engine e.t.c. Surely by now physics are pretty universal i mean there are thousands of car's already available...........i would argue that by now we have felt all the different types of physics the game has to offer?.

and to address number 2. i am not saying that nobody should make anything what i am saying is i don't see how it benefits anyone for some one like rss and or vrc to be making the same car when it can easily be avoided, this is not me saying "dont make anything" this is me saying "communicate so you don't have a duplicate" (which in turn could potentially lower there revenue and give less content for the community). This is very simple stuff that like i said it would take seconds to make that call (which they used to do) to not make the same car's

doing the same car's does not make sense weather it be in real life or in this space the same logic applies from the points i have already stated.

i understand your point but i am not really fussed in terms of 1 is slightly different than the other, there both going to be good, i would much rather have them making different car's. if i drive lets say a porsche 911 from rss or vrc it is still a porsche 911 regardless, its not like they are going to look different its the same car, physics yes that can be a bit different but how different can it really be because again its the same car with the same engine e.t.c. Surely by now physics are pretty universal i mean there are thousands of car's already available...........i would argue that by now we have felt all the different types of physics the game has to offer?.

and to address number 2. i am not saying that nobody should make anything what i am saying is i don't see how it benefits anyone for some one like rss and or vrc to be making the same car when it can easily be avoided, this is not me saying "dont make anything" this is me saying "communicate so you don't have a duplicate" (which in turn could potentially lower there revenue and give less content for the community). This is very simple stuff that like i said it would take seconds to make that call (which they used to do) to not make the same car's

doing the same car's does not make sense weather it be in real life or in this space the same logic applies from the points i have already stated.
I agree, but you probably don't have understood my point of view in total.

I was meaning that if RSS did the BMW and VRC another one, probably we have two cars that maybe cannot have the same bop for physics reason, which ends in a need for data update in order to balance the races. That's the problem, only that.

Anyway, as said, they are doing this for work, they are two different studios and even i would love to see different projects (maybe some 80's formula indy cars and FOR SURE almost all the Group C cars), they are doing what the community ask for trying to keep stay on the market, that's it.

I agree, but you probably don't have understood my point of view in total.

I was meaning that if RSS did the BMW and VRC another one, probably we have two cars that maybe cannot have the same bop for physics reason, which ends in a need for data update in order to balance the races. That's the problem, only that.

Anyway, as said, they are doing this for work, they are two different studios and even i would love to see different projects (maybe some 80's formula indy cars and FOR SURE almost all the Group C cars), they are doing what the community ask for trying to keep stay on the market, that's it.
yep, i do see your point now and understand where you are coming from. I am sure they know what they are doing, i just dont want to see there revenue drop due to an easily avoidable decision, and of course i have my own bias aswell as i am a consumer of AC content and just want more more more!.

thanks for the conversation

ninjad…:D
Tested the car. It's good so far. Handling and optics are very good as usual for RSS. BOP to other good Hypercar mods (URD, Thegost, TRR) could be better. The BMW is one second slower then the Cadillac by Thegost.

But what really has to be fixed is the windshield. It looks like a frosted glass pane when heading towards the sun.

Bottom line is it's so far good but could be better.

20230824213638_1.jpg

Tested the car. It's good so far. Handling and optics are very good as usual for RSS. BOP to other good Hypercar mods (URD, Thegost, TRR) could be better. The BMW is one second slower then the Cadillac by Thegost.

But what really has to be fixed is the windshield. It looks like a frosted glass pane when heading towards the sun.

Bottom line is it's so far good but could be better.

View attachment 1282596
Agreed, I don't like the windshield milky tint either.
And at Le Mans this car is considerably slower than his mates, several seconds even. It can only compete with the FSR Vanwall Vandervell.
That said, the looks are fine, the sound also.

This is a question of the "correctness" of the implementation of physics.
Who has it "correct"? RSS? FSR? The Racing Rats? Thegost? ACFSK?
We cannot know how "it's right", cause LMDh class is fresh, very little data is known about cars, except for basic parameters. :)
True, but whoever is doing it 'right' or 'wrong' there should be some BOP between the virtual cars to make competition possible.
This RSS is limping behind atm...

Plus the car has the kers being deployed to the front wheels I believe.
The kers shouldn't be adjustable nor should you be able to turn it off as well.

Last edited:
That said, does anyone know a wiper config for the Shokeus ACT80's version (bmw_m_v8_hybride) ?
I have wiper sound but the thing doesn't move...

Practically all versions of Alfa Romeo (were made), some skins that will be available, still missing small tweaks (with help in texture/shadow improvements) of our mate "MrHunt".

Only the 1970 version ( Coda-Corta ) would be missing... let's hope that our other mate can adapt it.
Now do some final tests (then it's for everyone to have fun too).

I was forgetting the 1977 version (to be made)...
How did the final tests go? Are they ready for publishing?

Just another adaptation. Lotus Indianapolis 500 '63, Jim Clark and Dan Gurney. As I didn't adapt to the version by Legion (asymmetrical), I decided to adapt it to the Lotus 25 (with data from Lotus by Legion), I still need more tests, but the skins were satisfactory...the next ones will be those of the Indy 500 ( 1966), and a few more adapted cars from the late mid to late 60's (Lola, Eagle, Brabham) since the 70's (it's another project).

Attachments

• livery.png
    livery.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 13
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 12
  • __custom_showroom_1692915488.png
    __custom_showroom_1692915488.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 16
  • __custom_showroom_1692915499.png
    __custom_showroom_1692915499.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 17
  • __custom_showroom_1692915518.png
    __custom_showroom_1692915518.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 14
  • __custom_showroom_1692915526.png
    __custom_showroom_1692915526.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 16
  • __custom_showroom_1692915557.png
    __custom_showroom_1692915557.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 15
  • __custom_showroom_1692915571.png
    __custom_showroom_1692915571.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
How did the final tests go? Are they ready for publishing?
There are two missing (for texture/shadow improvements) with our mate "MrHunt", the 1977 version (I'm having problems), I'll have to redo some things.

When the missing ones come (I'll adjust the engine data, so I don't have to go through with problems and have to redo after sharing).

Some I will test in Le Mans (where they raced) and from the results (I will check if I will have to decrease or increase the power, in my standard driving) and maybe in Monza (where practically these versions) ran and then "close the pack" of the Alfa ( there must be 10 different versions ).

Would you mind sharing this?
The ai for melbourne_2019 you asked for. It should race the same as the original ai, but hopefully not pileup in that one spot on the first lap. If you have any problems with it, there is a folder with the original ai in the ai directory so you can quickly revert back.

I also made one small change to the track's config to put some lights on the grandstands if you'd like a copy of that as well. The track always had lights, but the stands were pitch black and looked odd during a night session.

acs 2023-08-24 20-58-16.jpg

Attachments

• melbourne_2019_ai.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Cosworth logo + BMW V8 LMDh Display for the RSS MP-H Bayer Hybrid

Install it by just dragging the files into the extension folder of the original car. Simple as that. Don't complain your life.

TODO (but I'm not sure I'll update, you guys are free to do it)

-BB number is black, idk why
-Improve the font? or maybe the intensity of ilumination of the data in the display.
-Other things, I'm always open to suggestions.

fd2fCur.png

Last edited:
We cannot know how "it's right", cause LMDh class is fresh, very little data is known about cars, except for basic parameters. :)
Well you can certainly take out fsr and acfsk from that discussion :P

but in seriousness while it can be difficult to tell whose is the most accurate, you can tell to a degree whose is more likely accurate than others based on the values they use

Has anyone ever figured out how to get kerbs and grass through bass shakers in AC?

I use SimHub and it seems to have never been possible from there natively.

If I recall, I briefly chatted with the guy who develops it a few years ago and he said that because the kerb and grass data isn't sent through telemetry, it's simply not possible on any platform. I never followed up on whether that was the case - one would think that there's an alternative solution, like using the "canned" kerb effect that AC sends to the wheel.

Figured I'd give the forum an ask to see if anyone ever figured it out. It's the last missing piece of my shaker profile - I have under/oversteer, elevation changes, engine rev and the like all fine tuned.

Thanks to anyone who may know.

X90
Has anyone ever figured out how to get kerbs and grass through bass shakers in AC?

I use SimHub and it seems to have never been possible from there natively.

If I recall, I briefly chatted with the guy who develops it a few years ago and he said that because the kerb and grass data isn't sent through telemetry, it's simply not possible on any platform. I never followed up on whether that was the case - one would think that there's an alternative solution, like using the "canned" kerb effect that AC sends to the wheel.

Figured I'd give the forum an ask to see if anyone ever figured it out. It's the last missing piece of my shaker profile - I have under/oversteer, elevation changes, engine rev and the like all fine tuned.

Thanks to anyone who may know.

aren't these shakers also getting their input from sound rather then from telemetry? As such they should shake when hitting a curb, no?

No experience here with actual bass shakers nor SimHub... I just attached some Bose speakerset to my wheelbase to feel vibrations of engine etc., plus my gamechair has a subwoofer in the back, and a shaker built into it (X Rocker).
These both rely solely on audio input to do their thing and not telemetry. But I guess this is kids/toy stuff compared to what you are enquiring about...
I do feel it when hitting curbs! ;)

cheers and I hope someone else here gives you the propper answer you are hoping for. (and I'm curious to read what is said on this topic , as I might be looking into upgrading some day and going for the real stuff).

We (at work) use Buttkickers with their software and it just... works.
They actually vibrate when going on kerbs, out of track and with the gear changes (more effects are available, but sometimes can feel weird) so aren't "stupid": there's more going on behind the curtains of the software which, unfortunaly, I don't know.

Personally, on a motion simulator (if properly done) they don't make such a big difference that justifies the purchase. And I wouldn't put those on my rig at home, neither.

I often wonder about this. Why are people so willing to pay premium price for mods, when physics is so subjective and it's unlikely to be 100% correct?

The best case scenario, modern road cars have lots of documentation and driving impressions info but even then you can't know every variable. And different model years often have slight changes that manufacturers do that are not documented (unless you're the type to trawl the specific forum relating to that particular make and model).

Old road cars and new cars that were just announced a few weeks ago often have incomplete documentation. Build quality may vary because of lack of Q&A in the old days (e.g. you don't expect all 250 GTOs to be build to the same standard). New cars still go through testing phase and have lots of changes in driving dynamics, and sometimes concept performance targets are not met (or exaggerated claims).

Race cars are even worse because of the amount of stuff that are swappable and the constant development race. Like in F1, teams keep bringing new parts to every race. Even in the same weekend, cars can handle completely differently from quali to race just because the track temperature changes and affects the very sensitive Pirelli tyres. Even the biggest brains like Adrian Newey can't comprehend why sometimes they lose or gain performance so drastically. Don't mention porpoising which confused almost every team last year and doesn't come up in their wind tunnel/simulator predictions (which costs many times more than even the most sophisticated home simracing rig). LMDH, most of the cars are still new and specs are highly guarded. Manufacturers can claim x downforce levels but on race day it might be slower than expected. Let's not mention BOP as well which can change from race to race.

Old race cars like historic F1 cars have even less documentation available. You're basically just basing the performance off engineers and drivers recollections which are several decades old. Lots of these constructors don't even exist anymore, so the chances of finding actual blueprints are nil.

Then there are performance differences between teams. It's all well and good for RSS/VRC/ASR to release a 2023 F1 car, but which team? A Red Bull and Williams are going to have drastically different performance and driving feel. Even for spec series, sometimes there are little things the top teams do that makes it slightly faster than lower teams.

So when all is said and done, physics wise nothing is guaranteed. None of the mod makers and us players will ever get to drive the real thing back to back to compare and know for sure. Maybe the Simdream model is closer to reality, who knows? Or even a free mod someone just cooked up in their bedroom. Hell even ACC, with all the data from actual teams and driver input can still get things wrong.

Maybe it's just me, but personally I don't see the point in ever paying for a mod, no matter how good it is. A few months later I can find a free equivalent that looks just as good, and drives just as good subjectively (no such thing as objective here because of all the reasons above). Ironically the paid mods also have fake names and logos that you have to swap yourself too. If you make it paid then the least I expect is an official license, or something giving it credibility.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm not hating on anyone making paid mods. I've driven some of these cars (when it was still possible to find leaks back in the day) and they're genuinely amazing. But I've also driven lots of free stuff that are just as amazing, if not more so. And with the amount of stuff out there you don't really miss 1-2 cars that you can't get. In the long term, you have to wonder if these premium mods are making things better for the community? Will we see as much stuff being locked behind paywalls and patreons if not for these trailblazing premium modders? And for the modding companies too, their choice of what to make will have to be market driven now. That means "safe" choices like GT3/LMH/Formula cars when we could've gotten interesting quirky oddball cars or lesser known race series like DRM or Mille Miglia.

Just my 2 cents :)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back