Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,855 comments
is anybody in the mood to port the SRT TOMAHAWK X?
http://gamemodels.ru/files/file/8476-srt-tomahawk-x-vision-gran-turismo-15/
latest
Yeah i would like to have that beast in AC. That thing is fast as the RedBull X20XX series!

Re: all these requests for new scratch-built mods. You guys do understand that the physics alone can take months of tweaking, right? If people just want to see a car in-game without (much) regard to driving realism, I highly recommend trying Forza 7, FH4 or GT.

A lot of the requested cars I'm seeing are already in those games - for free. And they'll almost certainly drive better than some hacked-together AC mod using (you better hope) Kunos-original suspension bits, aero and engines (which is what you're likely to get, unless the modder is willing to put in literally hundreds of hours of effort just to get the suspension, engine and aero right).

Overall, there seem to be more AC mods than ever, and about 95% of them drive nothing like a real car - any real car. I don't get the point of doing that in a relatively hardcore simulator like AC.

Is it possible to compile a short list of which cars are the best examples of what does or at least what might feel like a real car?

and pricing at $6-10 a car.... bet they'd sell a LOAD more.

I think 400 pages of this thread would suggest otherwise, one person will buy it and then share it all across the dark alleys of the internetz. :lol:

In a game. I cant understand how people can like cars that arent even real

I managed to get through 6 years of GT5/6 (playing nearly every day for those 6 years) without ever driving one of those silly RedBull X cars. And I'm quite proud of that! :D

and why not? im actually bummed why people rarely ever port concept cars into ac
I also love concept cars but there is a difference between lets say a Ford GT90 and a Redbull X-cross 2010 or how that thing is called.
The Ford had an actual engine, aero etc so it is a real car which actually can do the things it claims. A GT Concept car like the tomahawk or the Red Bull is completley made up. They just can say it has 1000000 horsepower and a Top speed of 800 kmh but never actually proving it (like the Devil Sixteen lol).

IMO a car that doesnt even exist has no place in a Simulation like Assetto Corsa. It may be fun for the mostly child players of GT-Sport to drive a fast car but not in a game which tries to be realistic. To be honest Gran Turismo actually triggeres me because the cars get ridiculous BOPed so Group C cars and LMP1 cars are on the same pace or GT1 cars drive with GT3s.
And Than all these fictional GR.3 cars from Mitsubishi, Renault etc 🤬
How this game can call itself the "real driving simulator" is beyond me.
Dont mind me driving my Bugatti Veyron with 500hp:D

EDIT: I dont even know how Bugatti agreed to let Gran Turismo DOWNGRADE their car.... and then comes Hammer Studios Gaming and calls it a "smart decision" that the Bugatti was downgraded....:dunce:

Last edited:
Is anyone else over SOL and the shaders patch for the most part? I am. I'm just trying to find some replacement clouds for the Kunos originals and then I'll be back to where I was when I first started playing AC which was a happy time. I'll just keep a couple things from shadders patch like neck extension and new AI behavior.

I also love concept cars but there is a difference between lets say a Ford GT90 and a Redbull X-cross 2010 or how that thing is called.
The Ford had an actual engine, aero etc so it is a real car which actually can do the things it claims. A GT Concept car like the tomahawk or the Red Bull is completley made up. They just can say it has 1000000 horsepower and a Top speed of 800 kmh but never actually proving it (like the Devil Sixteen lol).

IMO a car that doesnt even exist has no place in a Simulation like Assetto Corsa. It may be fun for the mostly child players of GT-Sport to drive a fast car but not in a game which tries to be realistic. To be honest Gran Turismo actually triggeres me because the cars get ridiculous BOPed so Group C cars and LMP1 cars are on the same pace or GT1 cars drive with GT3s.
And Than all these fictional GR.3 cars from Mitsubishi, Renault etc 🤬
How this game can call itself the "real driving simulator" is beyond me.
Dont mind me driving my Bugatti Veyron with 500hp:D

EDIT: I dont even know how Bugatti agreed to let Gran Turismo DOWNGRADE their car.... and than comes Hammer Studios Gaming and calls it a "smart decision" that the Bugatti was downgraded....:dunce:
oh well in that matter yes but come on at least something fun for ac?
i also wonder as well but i would like to see a lot of gran turismo 4 cars come to ac the Audi le mans quattro ,nuvolari quattro,pikes peak quattro and some other concept cars! im surprised that NOBODY yet ported the original veyron into ac! all we got was the super sport!

Is anyone else over SOL and the shaders patch for the most part? I am. I'm just trying to find some replacement clouds for the Kunos originals and then I'll be back to where I was when I first started playing AC which was a happy time. I'll just keep a couple things from shadders patch like neck extension and new AI behavior.

"Over SOL", as in tired of it? I don't think I'll ever get tired of it, totally transformed the game and brought me back into sim driving. I continue to be in awe of what those guys achieved.

What? Sol and the shader patch completely changed the way AC looks , in a great way. I mean , if you don't want to run it , then don't. But why the heck would you "not " want to make your game look better? I guess it's all preference , and my personal one would be , I'll keep running them both until something better comes along.

"Over SOL", as in tired of it? I don't think I'll ever get tired of it, totally transformed the game and brought me back into sim driving. I continue to be in awe of what those guys achieved.

I want to use it but it never looks right to me anymore. It seemed like it did at one point but I can't seem to get it back and it's dropping my fps by like 25 points. I'm just tired of the endless tweaking with AC I guess.

I want to use it but it never looks right to me anymore. It seemed like it did at one point but I can't seem to get it back and it's dropping my fps by like 25 points. I'm just tired of the endless tweaking with AC I guess.

You didnt by chance replace your "particle" textures or ini with some modified one from RD did you? Because I had done that, then went back to default recently and its way better, instant FPS bump.

You didnt by chance replace your "particle" textures or ini with some modified one from RD did you? Because I had done that, then went back to default recently and its way better, instant FPS bump.

Hmmm I've definitely installed/uninstalled some things, different versions, etc. many times. Maybe I just uninstall AC completely and start over.

On that VK link, in that group is the Argentina TC group. I had it a while ago and deleted it because I couldn'd find the skins for it.
The four cars only come with like 5 or so skins. Any help on tracking down the skins? ty:dopey:

34zkhnr.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back