Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,857 comments
No, I certainly don't want it.

+1
Nothing to do with my name or that the picture shows Audi's (I am long time Audi driver), but in my car roster there is only place for old and new RACE cars. I removed all street cars long ago (including Kunos' originals).
I usually give all weird, unexisting, concept, virtual etc... cars a few laps just out of curiosity, then delete them.

im surprised that nobody yet leaked these!
2019.07.19-12.39.png

I want to use it but it never looks right to me anymore. It seemed like it did at one point but I can't seem to get it back and it's dropping my fps by like 25 points. I'm just tired of the endless tweaking with AC I guess.

I see. Mine has always worked fine, always looked great. On really big/demanding tracks I might drop a few FPS but >90% of the time I'm usually at a pretty solid 90fps. But then again....

Hmmm I've definitely installed/uninstalled some things, different versions, etc. many times. Maybe I just uninstall AC completely and start over.

....I don't tinker around with anything other than the included settings. Sounds like it was more an issue of installing random things into it than an issue with SOL itself. I'd try starting over with a fresh install and maybe keep foreign elements out of SOL.

+1
Nothing to do with my name or that the picture shows Audi's (I am long time Audi driver), but in my car roster there is only place for old and new RACE cars. I removed all street cars long ago (including Kunos' originals).
I usually give all weird, unexisting, concept, virtual etc... cars a few laps just out of curiosity, then delete them.

I'm not much of a fan of racing street cars, but cruising various street cars around tracks like LA Canyons is one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done in this hobby. Especially when you throw some AI traffic on there and have fun blasting around the slowpokes and chasing the fast cars. Mega fun and very relaxing.....and when I thought it couldn't get any better the sun sets, the lights come on, and it's a whole new world. It's nice to be able to just enjoy it without having the pressure of having to be competitive and precise.

Thats how those cars were. Dont let purists tell you otherwise :D
Early to mid 90s was the era of driving aids
Ahem. Look at how “easy” it was for Michael Andretti to drive the MP4/8! These aren’t the same driver aids as what you’ll find on a family sedan. In particular, they used these aids to then set up the car to always be right on the razor’s edge of controllability in terms of aero and suspension settings.

Try the MP4/8 in rF2. It’s never easy to be quick in an F1 car.

Ahem. Look at how “easy” it was for Michael Andretti to drive the MP4/8! These aren’t the same driver aids as what you’ll find on a family sedan. In particular, they used these aids to then set up the car to always be right on the razor’s edge of controllability in terms of aero and suspension settings.

Try the MP4/8 in rF2. It’s never easy to be quick in an F1 car.
what car is easy to be quick in? I cant name one. Every car is "hard" if you drive it on the edge

what car is easy to be quick in? I cant name one. Every car is "hard" if you drive it on the edge
About 90-95% of the AC mods I see, with fake dumbed-down physics so that kids with Xbox controllers can keep the car on the road ;)

And it depends on what you consider hard. Momentum cars like a Spec Miata or Clio Cup are fairly easy to drive, both in-game and IRL, though they do demand a lot of discipline to avoid over-driving them. That's a very different challenge than, say, a Sauber C9.

So Yes, some cars are much easier to drive quickly, but I take your point that the last 1% of performance is always the hardest to extract from a car.

Whoops!
In that case I don't think there has ever been a GT3 version. How about someone tweaks the 458 GT2 or the URD Ferrucio to make it a GT3? That sounds like a great idea to me!
you just have to enable ABS in the data file and should be good to go. Takes one minute

I think 400 pages of this thread would suggest otherwise, one person will buy it and then share it all across the dark alleys of the internetz. :lol:

I used to buy lots of Flight Sim stuff from Flight1.com. They have an interesting piracy protected "Flight Sim Agent" process for taking delivery of mods and keeping them protected once installed in the game. I'm kinda wondering if this type of system would work for some enterprising Modders in AC? :confused: If it worked maybe we would see more and higher quality stuff in motorsport game simulations?

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=agent

I used to buy lots of Flight Sim stuff from Flight1.com. They have an interesting piracy protected "Flight Sim Agent" process for taking delivery of mods and keeping them protected once installed in the game. I'm kinda wondering if this type of system would work for some enterprising Modders in AC? :confused: If it worked maybe we would see more and higher quality stuff in motorsport game simulations?

If that now starts happening then you'll be to blame...

Anything can be circumvented.

Fairly sure some flight sim "mod protector" stuff like that turned out to be something of a keylogger and generally a shady bit of kit. I would never trust something like that, and would just rather not install the mod.

On that VK link, in that group is the Argentina TC group. I had it a while ago and deleted it because I couldn'd find the skins for it.
The four cars only come with like 5 or so skins. Any help on tracking down the skins? ty:dopey:

34zkhnr.png

Just a heads up , but the two pics they have there are for the same corrupted car set. Seems they are mad at some other mod group by what's painted on the cars in the game.

I've only found 1 of the 4 cars , which was on Velo's site ( the Falcon )........does anyone know where I can get the other 3? Like a non-corrupted file of what's on the VK site?

Nobody wants that crap :lol:

One man's trash is another man's treasure. 95% of my time with AC is mucking around with cars like those. I change everything about the internals - suspension, gearbox, brakes, engine, drivetrain etc, then polish up some issues and shader settings.

I must be close to 200 cars that I've rebuilt for the sole purpose of ragging them around on a virtual track day, seeing how they fare against much sportier cars.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. 95% of my time with AC is mucking around with cars like those. I change everything about the internals - suspension, gearbox, brakes, engine, drivetrain etc, then polish up some issues and shader settings.

I must be close to 200 cars that I've rebuilt for the sole purpose of ragging them around on a virtual track day, seeing how they fare against much sportier cars.

Well I'm deleting all kinds of oddities, homeless cars, etc. today. Let me know if I should upload them otherwise I'm just going to delete them.

Well I'm deleting all kinds of oddities, homeless cars, etc. today. Let me know if I should upload them otherwise I'm just going to delete them.

I have 1300 cars or so, mostly road cars, so I probably have all the vans, SUVs, station wagons, hatchbacks and kei cars that are easy to find. Thank you for your offer though! If there's anything that fits in the categories I mentioned that have been hard to find, I'll pinch them off, thank you.

has anybody found the Volkswagen GTi GR3 Gran Turismo Concept yet?
and the Fittipaldi EF7?

Yes, they've been found and are safe.
And? More posts of you hoping for more leaked cars from your wish list? We get it.

@Clubber_Lang hello man. Yeah I ran into that a month ago, the cars were botched.
This time, from that VK link, looks fine in showroom, but go drive them. :lol::lol:

Cars blacked out completely with the driver sitting on the hood or hanging out the drivers side window :D:lol::D:lol:

So apparently, someone doesn't want the real one out there. Oh well. :D

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back