Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
There is more than only a folder for cars. Drag and drop into CM then it will do the rest.
I thought you weren't supposed to use CM. I think I got chewed out for that early on when trying to load mods. There was a content file and a system file when I uzipped the main file. So move the entire content RSS file into AC content file?

If you wont use CM then you have to open that path YOUR-STEAMFOLDER\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa and then let overwrite the system folder and the content folder.

I thought you weren't supposed to use CM. I think I got chewed out for that early on when trying to load mods. There was a content file and a system file when I uzipped the main file. So move the entire content RSS file into AC content file?
Some people are over ambitious and assertive with the way they do things when there are a couple different ways to get it done. You need to make sure you put the fonts into the fonts folder.

Has anyone else had some car sounds broken since the last CSP updates? Cars like this E36 STW by PM3DM

Captura.JPG

Can someone please help me?

I want to know the reaction time (lapse time) between the start (from when the traffic light changes from red to green) and pressing the accelerator at the start of a race.

Is there any plugin, in lua or python to create this process?

Thank you so much.

Nah, racealot isn't a stranger here... and above all, he has not asked me for money... 🤣

Jokes aside, he has shown me to be a good person; he has had infinite patience helping me on more than one occasion with this whole mess of installing or fixing mods. Well, him and other members of the forum, I also have to say... Errr... actually like everyone who shares their work and/or helps solve problems with their answers. Yeah, it's nice to be part of this community!
(Peace and Love Mode, off).

It was a joke but no one catch it... perhaps I'm too old🥲

Can anyone help with this problem?
I was doing a race with a bunch of cars after updating CSP to the Preview346 and i've noticed that some of the cars don't move but instead stay still and slip while revving(if it's of help none of the cars have extended physics on including mine). Did anybody else have the same problem?

Screenshot_rize_ferrari_f355_challenge_persephone_sx_lemans_5-8-123-20-51-33.jpg

Last edited:
Hi @Rainmaker87 .
Using your Monza88 I saw that the last pits box are closed and I try to open them.
Editing the skin for 96 season I prefered to skin a generic white wall for every team because the box are never alligned to the car into the pit lane. This is a private modification of your mod to see the result but it would be good, if you want, update your track with this modfication.

EDIT: this is race with 22 cars

Before
Screenshot_f1_1996_forti_monza1988_5-8-123-20-55-27.jpg

After
Screenshot_f1_1996_forti_monza1988_5-8-123-21-1-17.jpg

And the final result will be this
Screenshot_f1_1996_forti_monza1988_5-8-123-21-21-0.jpg

Last edited:
Found it! In CM Showrrom select the gauge glasses, CHANGE VALUES, CHANGE MATERIAL, select glass_INT...
Sorry; I tried to fix the Bizzarrini fault following your indications; in this window of my mod I notice that the phrase "Bizzarrini5300_dash_glass_rpm" that appears in your screenshot is missing...

1.JPG

... and when I when I get to this step...

2.JPG

... I don't know what more I have to do... can you explain step by step (for dumbs like me) the correct procedure, please? 😥

Last edited:
Some people are over ambitious and assertive with the way they do things when there are a couple different ways to get it done. You need to make sure you put the fonts into the fonts folder.
I don't remember seeing a fonts folder but I'll check again. Just move the contents of the RSS fonts folder into the AC fonts folder or the entire RSS fonts folder? Because I didn't move the RSS cars folder into the AC folder, I opened up the RSS one and got the one labeled with the car name and moved that. I thought having two cars folders might cause some problem.

Can someone please help me?

I want to know the reaction time (lapse time) between the start (from when the traffic light changes from red to green) and pressing the accelerator at the start of a race.

Is there any plugin, in lua or python to create this process?

Thank you so much.
I think if you do a drag race, it will show you RT

Sorry; I tried to fix the Bizzarrini fault following your indications; in this window of my mod I notice that the phrase "Bizzarrini5300_dash_glass_rpm" that appears in your screenshot is missing...

View attachment 1285427

... and when I when I get to this step...

View attachment 1285399

... I don't know what more I have to do... can you explain step by step (for dumbs like me) the correct procedure, please? 😥

Last edited:
I don't remember seeing a fonts folder but I'll check again. Just move the contents of the RSS fonts folder into the AC fonts folder or the entire RSS fonts folder? Because I didn't move the RSS cars folder into the AC folder, I opened up the RSS one and got the one labeled with the car name and moved that. I thought having two cars folders might cause some problem.
Not on my rig but all these folders are in the "Contents" folder. You'll see a fonts folder in there. On top of that, looking through the RSS folder, you should be able to see and match all these locations. open two windows explorers next to each other and one will be Contents in AC, the other your downloads folder or wherever you're keeping the RSS car. You'll see all the things that go back and forth and match.

As I said: it's nice to be here. You're a boss, a tutorial like this is a luxury... Thanks!

EDIT: Yup... When I select the gauges like in your video, appears this window...

1.JPG

... not yours...

2.JPG

I guess I must have another version of that car, I don't know... ANYWAY, DON'T WORRY; trying to do the same method with other elements, I think I have solved the issue, although I have tried so many things that right now I couldn't say which parameter is the one that I changed to fix it... 🥺

Thanks again!

Last edited:
As I said: it's nice to be here. You're a boss, a tutorial like this is a luxury... Thanks!

EDIT: Yup... When I select the gauges like in your video, appears this window...

View attachment 1285447

... not yours...

View attachment 1285449

I guess I must have another version of that car, I don't know... ANYWAY, DON'T WORRY; trying to do the same method with other elements, I think I have solved the issue, although I have tried so many things that right now I couldn't say which parameter is the one that I changed to fix it... 🥺

Thanks again!
You can also solve the issue without changing material, just turn the transparency off and switch from alpha blending to alpha testing.

You can also solve the issue without changing material, just turn the transparency off and switch from alpha blending to alpha testing.
Thanks for the suggestion, but now that the issue seems to be resolved I don't dare try anything else; since I have no idea about these things, every time I try to modify something in a mod I think I'm going to cause a nuclear disaster. Someday the Secret Service will show up at my house to see what the hell I'm doing on the computer... 😬

And... suddenly RaceDepartment is down. great timing... Hopefully it'll be back up tomorrow.

I haven't tested it recently, but I remember seeing option earlier ago that help me with a similar problem.

CM > Setting > Custom Shader Patch > General Patch Setting

View attachment 1285294
You're right, it works! And I didn't know this shortcut. 9 years playing AC and I didn't know it lol. It is important to mention that Ctrl+P really turns AI off. However, when you turn AI on with Ctrl+C, all driving aids (abs, autoshift etc.) are turned off. So, one has to turn the aids on again after regaining control with Ctrl+P.

Last edited:
the issue I have with the car is this: any ideas? what seems strange to me is it work for you guys...

Las time I had this issue was because of a tyre file change. Just make sure that the tyres.ini file you're using aims at the right .lut files, both the WEAR_CURVE= and the PERFORMANCE_CURVE= values should point to valid .lut files that you should have in you data folder. For instance "soft_front.lut" or something like this.

I think if you do a drag race, it will show you RT
I thought that too, but there is no response time (lapse time) from the green light to stepping on the accelerator.

An unreal number 1,200 appears on the screen, that is not the value because it took me less than that time.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Can anyone else have any ideas on how to extract that response this lapse time?

Found it! In CM Showrrom select the gauge glasses, CHANGE VALUES, CHANGE MATERIAL, select glass_INT
I can't thank you enough for this simple bit of advice.

You set me on a very good path and I found I could take it a step further and fix the issue via an ext_config.ini, leaving the KN5 unadulterated. This just gives the dash glass the same texture and shader as the internal windscreen glass and the problem is resolved:

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = Bizzarini5300_dash_glass_rpm
RESOURCE_1 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_FILE_1 = INTERNAL_glass.dds
SHADER = ksWindscreen

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back