Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Another one of those off and on projects of mine. Decided to take another stab at it. If I could just figure out why the trees don't cast any shadows.

From this:
dpb.jpg

To this:
dpa.jpg

Has anyone else had some car sounds broken since the last CSP updates? Cars like this E36 STW by PM3DM

View attachment 1285392
Same for me for at least 3 cars : golf_mk1_littlebird, alfa_romeo_gta_c_hillclimb & pddw_bmw_procar_m1

1693977280357.png

1693977299676.png

1693977320506.png

A friend of mine (thanks @TITI) found a solution, but it only worked for the Littlebird: unpacked the "data" folder...

Last edited:
Can anyone help with this problem?
I was doing a race with a bunch of cars after updating CSP to the Preview346 and i've noticed that some of the cars don't move but instead stay still and slip while revving(if it's of help none of the cars have extended physics on including mine). Did anybody else have the same problem?

View attachment 1285426
This actually happens to me too. When I open the AI app, It's the AI line (Yellow line) that's just got "left behind" in the pit lane, it happens sometimes but somehow the probability is just random

1693979851521.png

Also on preview346, but CSP 0.1.79 public also affected.

P.S: Ignore the graphics, I'm playing in a potato

Last edited:
This actually happens to me too. When I open the AI app, It's the AI line (Yellow line) that's just got "left behind" in the pit lane, it happens sometimes but somehow the probability is just random

View attachment 1285515

Damn you got the EA Sports F1 2001 PP Filter lol.

(This is a joke, I know you said it’s a potato)

Can anyone help with this problem?
I was doing a race with a bunch of cars after updating CSP to the Preview346 and i've noticed that some of the cars don't move but instead stay still and slip while revving(if it's of help none of the cars have extended physics on including mine). Did anybody else have the same problem?

View attachment 1285426
I have a similar problem for the last weeks. The AI seems to have problems crossing the start/finish line - not only at the start of a race but also any time they cross start/finish. It is NOT car related, but it only happens on the latest mod-tracks. Any old tracks (like the original Kunos tracks) are not affected. It looks to me like a collider-problem with the surface. I already tried every checkbox in CSP without success.

It looks like this (I choose original Kunos M3's to show that it has nothing to do with the car). I start the race from the last position. And of course I am on the latest CSP (346) and CM:

Problem solved: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-14118056

Last edited:
2) I had this issue with Nascars. Solution was to turn off the new ai behavior.
1) Can have multiple sources:
  • your CSP version (does it work with v179?)
  • a missing ideal_line.ai in the data folder of the track, if so copy and rename the fast_lane.ai
  • wrong AI hints

The hotfix? I have v1hf in my sellfy and that did not fixed it. I reported it after the hotfix release.

No comment. 😜
Thank you, I'm going to try that!

Same for me for at least 3 cars : golf_mk1_littlebird, alfa_romeo_gta_c_hillclimb & pddw_bmw_procar_m1

View attachment 1285511

A friend of mine (thanks @TITI) found a solution, but it only worked for the Littlebird: unpacked the "data" folder...
That reminds me, I did some tweaks to the Littlebird earlier this year. Can't remember if i shared them or not. It's on v1.81 now.

Through a car showroom lowered the value of ksSpecular on different materials of the car, and everything worked, but only when the car is close, at a distance the reflection of the sun is still too strong.

If the car has LODs and you didn't update them, then they are still using the old shader values, hence why the car changes at a certain distance. You will need to regenerate the LODs with the new values, or open each LOD and change the values manually.

Another bunch of semaphores for you.
Valencia Ricardo Tormo: there are 2 versions, one with one start green light semaphore, the other all red (as original)

Attachments

• Valencia Ricardo Tormo Circuito 2021 valenciart - Semaphore fix.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Valencia Ricardo Tormo Circuito 2021 valenciart - Semaphore fix (start all red).zip
    656 bytes · Views: 16
  • Seven Hills - Semaphore fix.zip
    373 bytes · Views: 16
  • Ruapuna Park 2012 - Semaphore fix.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 18
  • R1-Circuit 24h 2003 actk_24h_of_r1_circuit_2003 - Semaphore fix.zip
    387 bytes · Views: 15
  • Pace Park - Semaphore fix.zip
    553 bytes · Views: 14
  • Obera Autodromo actk_obera - Semaphore fix.zip
    373 bytes · Views: 21
  • Monteblanco Circuito actk_monteblanco - Semaphore fix.zip
    846 bytes · Views: 22
  • Mendig Bergschleife - Semaphore fix.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Anneau du Rhin 2016 - Semaphore fix.zip
    643 bytes · Views: 13
  • DeepForest Raceway 2020 - Semaphore fix.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 14
  • EuroRing Hungary 2004 euroring - Semaphore fix.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Halle Saale Schleife 1967 - Semaphore fix.zip
    626 bytes · Views: 20
  • Jerez 1988 - Semaphore fix.zip
    739 bytes · Views: 17
  • La Vall Street Circuit la_vall_street_circuit - Semaphore fix.zip
    920 bytes · Views: 18
  • Magna Steyr Test Circuit 2014 - Semaphore fix.zip
    949 bytes · Views: 19
Last edited:
I have a similar problem for the last weeks. The AI seems to have problems crossing the start/finish line - not only at the start of a race but also any time they cross start/finish. It is NOT car related, but it only happens on the latest mod-tracks. Any old tracks (like the original Kunos tracks) are not affected. It looks to me like a collider-problem with the surface. I already tried every checkbox in CSP without success.

It looks like this (I choose original Kunos M3's to show that it has nothing to do with the car). I start the race from the last position. And of course I am on the latest CSP (346) and CM:

Yeah for that one it's not car-related but track-related. I got one in Rio Hondo.

I just reread the problem the OP has and realized that the problem isn't the same as mine. My original post was talking about another problem, but it has basically the same symptom.

I'm having a rather unusual problem. I updated pure to the latest version and since I did the light refraction stopped working. Specifically, when I want to apply it to a car it simply doesn't work anymore and for cars that already have it sometimes it bugs (basically the headlights get darker but they work, but as soon as I open the reflection fx app and everything comes back normal and the bug disappears). I don't know why this is happening.

Handbrake on ? the mechanic left the jack under the car ? :lol::lol:
disable extended physics :D

Donington Park 2018 Test

Donington Park 2018 Test

You can give this a whirl if you'd like to. It's a very early first draft so don't expect great things. There's still lots of things to add, but I think this at least makes the track more enjoyable to drive on. Plus, i'd like to get some feedback from people familiar with the track so I know where I went wrong. You do need CSP for it to work because the texture change is done through the config at the moment.

As always, backup your current track and if you have any track skins enabled, disable them before extracting just to be safe. You can always re-enable them later.

Changes:
-- Overhaul to the grass textures
-- Fixed missing tree shadows (thanks to @leBluem)

Things to do:
-- Animate the flags that currently don't work.
-- Change some things that are different now from 2018. Looked at some pictures of the current track state and some things need changed. For instance, the track was resurfaced so the road needs to be darker.
-- Figure out a way to get the mow lines back in the grass.

dp2018.jpg

just to let you know guys and sorry to all for this many updates in recent days (feedback was from discord), this is it now :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-14076410
Something very strange happens with the tyres when watching the car from further away (at least on my end). I watched a replay and the whole side of the tyres were appearing totally white... It gets better when the car gets closer to the camera. Could you please check?

Something very strange happens with the tyres when watching the car from further away (at least on my end). I watched a replay and the whole side of the tyres were appearing totally white... It gets better when the car gets closer to the camera. Could you please check?
Can you tell me which one or both of them? Hmm i'll check it when i have time for sure, maybe its lod bug but i didn't notice anything like that..

View attachment 1285515

...you have to be kidding us? ... this has to be a 90s retro filter ... No way AC can look such .... nostalgic :eek:

Sounds like it's a problem with LODS, perhaps?

For those who had asked for a new link (the old ones I had to delete).
Ford GT40 Mk II (1996) with some adapted skins.
Porsche 917 LH (1969) with Le Mans skins, adapted from the 908LH (added front and rear flaps), a model to complete the LM69 grid.

FORD GT40 Mk II
PORSCHE 917LH/69

Attachments

• Ford.Alan.Mann.png
    Ford.Alan.Mann.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Ford.Holman&Moody.png
    Ford.Holman&Moody.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Ford.Shelby-American.png
    Ford.Shelby-American.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Porsche917.LM69.png
    Porsche917.LM69.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back