Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,710 comments
hi, anyone gets lightning using the new Pure? (0.205)
when using preset "heavy thunderstorm" , I do hear thunder , but do not see any lightning.
(I wonder is that not implemented yet in Pure , or just some settings on my end I need to fiddle with) I recall seeing lightning before (but that was still using Sol possibly)
Hi. As far as I know from Peter. Lightning is not available yet but is coming.

VR Driving on Fuji.

Does anyone get a flicker for Mt Fuji horizon (the top of the actual mountain (fuji) image flickers) on RT Fuji circuit in VR when driving?

CSP 180.p346 and Pure .205

VR Driving on Fuji.

Does anyone get a flicker for Mt Fuji horizon (the top of the actual mountain (fuji) image flickers) on RT Fuji circuit in VR when driving?

yes depending on which weather, if the top is visible I also see some flickering... same CSP and Pure , but I do not think this is something new ... flickering in the far distance has been a thing for quite some time and I see it on alot of maps (I will be so happy to see a solution posted here).

I have an account, but can't load, I get this error message:
""""

General Error​

Illegal use of $_COOKIE. You must use the request class to access input data. Found in /home/clifda5/f1classic.net/cache/production/s9e_renderer_8d23dd1e351107ce88214c0e430a77094c473eeb.php on line 1. This error message was generated by deactivated_super_global.
""""
Ah. Hosting environment most likely updated or changed, and now the website breaks.
¯\(ツ)

For those who would love to see the whole Indycar calendar on AC, the new Detroit street circuit can be done overlayed to the already released old Detroit CART track.

If someone want to waste the time to make the fences, improve it etc... my pc cannot handle the blender so well (I get lag) but I might try later in the future if nobody do that.

Detroit 2023 from RTT sucks (and it's pay)

yes depending on which weather, if the top is visible I also see some flickering... same CSP and Pure , but I do not think this is something new ... flickering in the far distance has been a thing for quite some time and I see it on alot of maps (I will be so happy to see a solution posted here).
Appreciate the confirmation. Been playing AMS2 and coming back to AC, these anomolies are taking away from an otherwise great game with amazing content.

VR Driving on Fuji.

Just increase your far clipping plane in CSP settings.

Hello, here is updated version of McLaren MP4/21 (2 of them) from CTDP (ACFL conversion)
ver 1.0
-fixed kn5 shaders
-real camera angles (all F1 & F6)
-realistic car performance
-driver suits and helmets by IcebergXD from RD
-sound by kudos_kudos from RD

ver 1.04c
increased car reflection - new chrome, helmets updated, new texture on tyres and some colors correction in general

ver 1.96
reworked suspension and updated car's 3d by Deploy
View attachment 1286625View attachment 1286626View attachment 1286628
in the next update:
-more realistic physics
-better skins (maybe)

link is on discord chanel
https://discord.gg/GxAYTSfU
new update for mclaren mp4/21 v1.96
  • fixed suspension
  • kn5 modified

Just increase your far clipping plane in CSP settings.
I have mine set to 95000 (=95 km ) (I don't know what is the max, and if we can safely set this to 200K and not have any downsides from this ... ?
But I don't think that mountain peak is more then 90 km away... so it must be something else causing that...
(edit : from Google maps I estimate it's near 20Km from the track)

Last edited:
I have mine set to 95000 (=95 km ) (I don't know what is the max, and if we can safely set this to 200K and not have any downsides from this ... ?
But I don't think that mountain peak is more then 90 km away... so it must be something else causing that...
If helpful, I can confirm this is specific to the Reboot track. I tested it on the MTS track and it does not happen.

Went back to test Fuji on AMS2 and you just cannot beat the graphics in VR on that game. Probably the engine. AC has so much content, but graphically just not the same in VR, even with Pure and CSP on my settings.

If someone have both and got AC to look close to AMS2 in VR, do you mind sharing your PP Filter, Pure import file, CSP file, and Video Settings file please? For the life of me I cannot get it to look as clean.

darn, the right mirror broke on one of my favorite mod, the Porsche 918 Spyder Roadster Weissach package
It just stays pitch black, while C en L mirrors work fine.
It used to work, that much I know (but I don't know from which update it broke)
Anyone can concur? Anyone an idea or fix? (I tried Real Mirrors off and the same)

Must be exclusive to VR.
Nothing flickering at rt_fuji_speedway here.
Triple screen setup.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know what to tell you.
I had exactly the same problem with wobbly distant mountains on many tracks including Reboot Fuji (which oddly enough didn't have the issue at all when we made the track a few CSP builds ago...), but weirdly only when looking through the cockpit glass and never in exterior cams.
These clip plane settings fixed it all instantly.

1694469504960.png

Remember, CSP updates almost always break things that worked perfectly before. We currently have headlights getting turned on in daylight, the hotlap ghost has vanished, windscreens randomly don't allow shadow-casting light through unless you restart the session etc etc etc.
If something suddenly breaks after an update you're often better off just reporting it on the shader patch discord rather than trying to change a setting to fix it, because if the next CSP update fixes it at source, your settings have changed for nothing and might actually bork the fix.
Incredibly frustrating we know, but CSP updates have always been three steps forward and two steps back.

Last edited:
I like the MTS Fuji but I still have some kind of timing issue with it and after pit stop the race position was like all jumbled up for laps....also I think it can use some help with AI lines and I keep having cars spinning on cold tires at turn 6 and the AI cars also like to pull hard to the right on the main straight to pass and sometimes that blocks the car trying to pit....

Thanks for the update I want to use it in my championships. A question: is it possible in Mega upload to update a file with keeping the same link? Because I else had to update the download list every time you make a update. At mediafire I have to use the same file name and then I drag and drop it into the same folder. Then it says "replace", OK and fine.
Doesn't appear to be possible with Mega unless i'm missing something. Maybe I should switch all my mods over to Mediafire so I can update them from now on without having to change the link. Or maybe use the GT Planet download site from now on. That might work as well.

Donington Park 2018 Mod

This is an updated version of the test mod I put out a few days ago. Because of the number of changes, it got difficult to do it as a mod to the original track. I made it a standalone track so as not to fool with the original version. All credit for the track goes to the original author Brun. It will come up as Donington Park 2023 in your track list, but the year is not indicative of how the track is represented. I just needed some way to recognize which track was which. You can edit the ui files and give it whatever name you want.

Please let me know of any problems or suggestions so I can try and make it better.

Donington Park 2023 v0.95

Changes from past version:

-- Added original author's name and version number to the track ui files.
-- Made the 40 pit layouts from Paprika work with my changes.
-- Added geo tags to the ui files.
-- Animated all of the flags that were not animated. I'm not real happy with the new flags, but at least they are animated. I wanted flags that were attached to the pole and did not arc in heavy winds, but I couldn't figure out how to make them. Plus they have an odd shading. In some directions, they are very bright and in other directions they are darker. Most likely a fault in the way I made them from lack of knowledge. If I ever find a way to fix these issues, I will update the flags.
-- Some tweaks to the night lighting and also enabled the lights to turn on when it rains.
-- Incorporated my grass changes directly into the kn5 file so it would be easier for people to make their own track skins.

One thing I still want to do is find a way to bring back the mow lines that the real track has. I've got some ideas on a way to do it, but I didn't want to hold up the release just for that.

View attachment 1286295

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if you find the tree shadowing too dark, you can try unremarking the very last section in the ext_config file. I go back and forth between which way I prefer so I left the code in there for people to decide for themselves.
A little house cleaning update. Most people may not want\need this.

-- Switched download link to MediaFire to help with @Rainmaker87 championship mods so he doesn't have to update his mod when I update mine.
-- Little tweaks to the ai sidelines to keep them off the raised kerbs. If you use a 3rd party ai already, then you may not need this.
-- Re-made the starting position file for the 40 pit GP layout from Paprika. Thanks to @Quikslvr for pointing it out to me. It must have been created for online use because he had the cars lined up in a position of the road that wasn't part of the track. This caused the ai cars in the back not to move at the start. It's not perfect and the tail end cars take some time to get moving, but at least they move now.
-- Fixed blurry Paddock area texture
-- Added semaphore lighting to start lights

EDIT: You might want to hold off on downloading this update until tomorrow. I finally figured out how to fix the blurry inner paddock area. I want to run it through some tests before I release it to make sure it works right. Sorry about that. Didn't think i'd figure it out so quickly.

EDIT 2: Go ahead and download the update. I'm satisfied that the changes work correctly.

Last edited:
For those who would love to see the whole Indycar calendar on AC, the new Detroit street circuit can be done overlayed to the already released old Detroit CART track.

If someone want to waste the time to make the fences, improve it etc... my pc cannot handle the blender so well (I get lag) but I might try later in the future if nobody do that.

Detroit 2023 from RTT sucks (and it's pay)

This is the Grid Detroit originally no?

""""

General Error​

Illegal use of $_COOKIE. You must use the request class to access input data. Found in /home/clifda5/f1classic.net/cache/production/s9e_renderer_8d23dd1e351107ce88214c0e430a77094c473eeb.php on line 1. This error message was generated by deactivated_super_global.
""""
Loads fine for me - strange. Have you tried using different browsers or vpn?

A little house cleaning update. Most people may not want\need this.

-- Switched download link to MediaFire to help with @Rainmaker87 championship mods so he doesn't have to update his mod when I update mine.
-- Little tweaks to the ai sidelines to keep them off the raised kerbs. If you use a 3rd party ai already, then you may not need this.
-- Re-made the starting position file for the 40 pit GP layout from Paprika. Thanks to @Quikslvr for pointing it out to me. It must have been created for online use because he had the cars lined up in a position of the road that wasn't part of the track. This caused the ai cars in the back not to move at the start. It's not perfect and the tail end cars take some time to get moving, but at least they move now.
-- Fixed blurry Paddock area texture
-- Added semaphore lighting to start lights

EDIT: You might want to hold off on downloading this update until tomorrow. I finally figured out how to fix the blurry inner paddock area. I want to run it through some tests before I release it to make sure it works right. Sorry about that. Didn't think i'd figure it out so quickly.

EDIT 2: Go ahead and download the update. I'm satisfied that the changes work correctly.
Since you named it 2023, any chance of getting a proper track skin (updated billboards) as well?

Since you named it 2023, any chance of getting a proper track skin (updated billboards) as well?
If you read my initial post, it says that the 2023 does not indicate the year the track is supposed to represent. I just needed a way to separate the original and my version in the CM track list. I have no idea what the current track state is with regards to billboards and sponsors so I have no way to make a true 2023 version. Sorry, guess I should have named it differently.

""""

General Error​

""""
yeah, me too here

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back