Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,711 comments
For anyone else struggling to find his mods (a:greg doesn't yield anything) , search for "a:no one cares"

@Greg_ST : what will this change exactly?

the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO GT500 is one of my favorites by you, and I gave it 5 stars, not noticing anything wrong with it...

a few more mods from you which have 4.5 or 5 stars in my book:
Nissan 300ZX JGTC
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 JTCC
Rena Hayami McLaren F1 GTR
Suzuki SX4 rally

in none did I note anything about them having suspension issues...
I will try and see the difference, but can you give me a hint so I know what to look/feel for?

Thanks already and thanks for your wonderful contribution of great mods!
The problem (which is hopefully now fixed!) was pretty dramatic, so you'd notice:
1694771372342.jpeg

Looking forward to trying this out.

Last edited:
The problem (which is hopefully now fixed!) was pretty dramatic, so you'd notice:
View attachment 1287308
Looking forward to trying this out.
I took his Suzuki SX4 rally to the Suspension test track, and felt nothing seriously wrong (although some parts of bodywork do not collide with the floor, but that's maybe a good thing...)
Switching off extended physics I noticed nothing really different...
(I used the tick box on Drive ,
1694773212189.png
)

BUT with the Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 JTCC indeed there is something serieusly wrong,
as I could not even get to drive it.
The car would keep bouncing around when first dropped onto the map.
With extended physics off, still the same.
(and changing the version to 1 in car.ini, the car is still behaving erratically)

So I guess it's not on all his mods... and this isn't the correct fix most probably.

Since a couple of days I have a issue where my GPU (RTX 4080) is constantly at 100% usage with almost 16GB VRAM usage. No matter which filter I use of whatever track I use.

Any idea how to "fix" this?

Sendai Hi-Land Raceway v1.01

Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_sendai_hiland_15-8-123-20-42-14.jpg

Sendai Hi-Land Raceway was a 4.030 km motor racing circuit in 12 Hayasaka, Shinkawa, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan.
In the 1990s, Sendai hosted rounds of the Japanese Touring Car Championship and Japanese Grand Touring Championship.
The raceway was damaged by earthquake in 2011 until it was closed in September 2014. As of today the former raceway is now a solar-power park. (Wikipedia)

Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-2 layout (gp/kart)
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by Soramame
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by SON and @shi (shin956)
v1.0 update by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
"Powe Poles" (https://skfb.ly/6DBnO) by Gunnar Correa is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
tree, marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @Fanapryde

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.0 changelog;

-Added the cart layout that was in the original rF2 version.
-Added groove/skidmark.
-Added working scoreboard. (.lua based from gunner333)
-Added readme.
-Added logo.png and sections file by Fanapryde.
-Added camera facting crowds.
-Added terrain.
-Fixed a hole in the wall.
-Fixed normals on some objects.
-Updated shaders.
-Updated ext_config.
-Updated some textures.
-Updated VAO-patch.
-Updated UI.
-Changed poles and wires to new objects.
-Changed trees.
-Merge objects with the same material.
-Smoothed original terrain.
-Replaced Marshalls.
-Pit building window transparency.
-Other minor fixes.

v1.01 changelog;

-Adjusted the tint of the grass.
-Reduced number of utility poles.
-Added new AI by Viola_seven. (Thanks)

Last edited:
It's release Friday again! :)

This time with the long awaited modern championships. Enjoy months of work! Thanks again to all beta testers.

Release of
Modern Day Racing Series

About the series

The Modern Day Racing Series (short Modern Day or MDRS), is a career mod for the Assetto Corsa Content Manager. With the MDRS you will be able to drive all relevant international championships of the modern day, plus some exotic racing series. Most of the big names and events in motorsport like Daytona, Indianapolis, Nürburgring, Dubai, Le Mans, Monaco and much more are in. In total 27 championships with over 250 races and over 400 downloads in the catalogue, makes this a great experience for both AC newbies and veterans.

This addon brings you full seasons inspired by real modern championships. Cars and tracks used are combinations of real seasons and great available mods for Assetto Corsa. The races are set to have a duration of 15-20 minutes, except the endurance races that are up to one hour with mostly realistic starting times and day-night change 1:24.

The idea is to keep it simple. So I do not use all extensions by Pyyer or skins or whatever that is available. You can add more if you like. I focused on content that has a good quality and balance-of-performance.

This mod is using paid content! If you want to drive all the cars and tracks, you need a amount of approx. 200€ / $215 / £170 to buy them all.

Some mods need a good PC like the new Hypercars.

Features
  • 27 real championships with over 250 races of the best motorsport series in the world
  • full seasons with mostly real schedules
  • realistic point system for each championship
  • regular races 15–20 min., endurance races up to one hour
  • endurance events with realistic day-night change
  • balanced difficulty for each championship, fully customizable even in running season (note that AI is faster in championship mode, see additional information)
  • ALL downloads given in the download catalogue, use Notepad++ to make links clickable
  • fully customizable seasons
  • only best mods used, some paid
  • all files are named correctly (no “0a3980f1...champ.json” that cannot be assigned)
  • all races tested
  • including many fixes for tracks and cars to get the best possible experience
  • if you need a spotter for the oval races try Crew Chief by Britton IT Ltd
  • including grids for quick race mode
  • detailed user manual with many solutions for common issues
  • including comparison test spreadsheet for many car classes

Overview of all championships
overview1.png
overview2.png

Get the MDRS and access to many WIPs like Schottenring or Daytona 1970 + infos to Dundrod and Isle of Man here:

Impressions:
4er 1.jpg
4er 2.jpg

ADDITIONAL RELEASES:

UPDATE Magny-Cours 2011

v2.4
-fixed a VR bug
-added camera facing crowds by racinjoe013

Last edited:
Hi,
today as far as the Youtube-Video shows someone posted a really nice Soundmod for the Oreca car on racedepartement
Unfortunately the link is not working anymore (download results in an empty archive "removeme.zip").
Did anyone catch the mod before it was removed and can pass me a link?

in CM showroom you can show the driver model, and then click on "moveable driver".
Press "T" brings up a globe with arrows you can use for moving the driver up/down/forward/back...
You can scale him too by dragging a corner of the cube.

You make all valid points, and I never did say the Claudio version was any better... in fact I deleted it now as well :)
Perhaps some wizards here are willing to give the BE Modding one some extra TLC, and I will hopefully re-install it.
The handling and sounds were quite good already imho.
i agree the BE_MODDING one could do with some tlc absolutely, i did laugh at the ridge racer comparison there is some truth to that for sure, that comment took me down memory lane i forgot about that game.

but until the time when that model is either reworked or a scratch made car is presented to us, we have to make a silk purse out of a sour's ear unfortunately.

Fixing the problem with suspensions

I noticed that all my mods have suspension issues,the solution is. You'll need to make a small adjustment in the .ini file,

Here's what you need to do:

1. Locate the .ini File

• First, navigate to your Assetto Corsa installation directory. Usually, it's something like "assettocorsa\content\cars\car_name\data".
  • Inside this directory, you'll find a file named "car.ini".
2. Open with Notepad

• Right-click on "car.ini" and choose "Open with" or "Open" and select any text editor program you're comfortable with (Notepad works perfectly).
3. Edit the .ini File

• Once you have the file open, look for a section labeled "[HEADER]".
4. Change the Version

• Within the "[HEADER]" section, you'll see a line that says "VERSION=extended-2".
  • Simply change "extended-2" to "1", like this:
5. Save Your Changes

• After making this change, save the file. Just click "File" and then "Save" in the text editor.
That's it! You've successfully made the necessary adjustment to fix the suspension issues in my mods. Now you should be able to enjoy a smoother and more enjoyable driving experience.

If you encounter any difficulties or have any questions, please feel free to ask.

View attachment 1287307
its funny you post this up i was doing a physics swap on another unrelated car just a few days ago and wondered what the difference is between version 1 and 2 or "extended". I would love to know if yourself or anyone else knows the answer to this

its funny you post this up i was doing a physics swap on another unrelated car just a few days ago and wondered what the difference is between version 1 and 2 or "extended". I would love to know if yourself or anyone else knows the answer to this
+1 on knowing what the heck the 'version number' in various INI files do. I've changed them to fix weird AI behavior before, but I have no idea what it does.

Thanks @Rainmaker87, I have been waiting for this set of championships to release. Looks really good quality, the previews look great.

I recently tried editing some championships I had made and others I had downloaded so they all looked uniform but for some reason CM just didnt like it and said there was no preview image even though I had linked them, one of them disappeared but I didnt touch the preview, only the name. I even used Notepad++ to edit the files so the naming etc was all matching but nothing worked.

If you had anything like that trouble creating all those championships then top work 👏

Paramount Ranch Raceway - v1.10

1694793389826.png

"Nestled in the rolling foothills of Agoura, a few miles north of Malibu in sunny California. Paramount Ranch Racetrack was the first purpose-built road racing course in California, created during the sportscar racing boom of the 1950s around a western movie set. Extremely short-lived, it served for less than two years (from 1956-1957) before tragedy forced its closure." - racingcircuits.info

features:
  • 18 pit/grid with AI
  • CSP required, lightsFX, grassfX, moarFX
  • historic feelings

credits:
  • original 3dmodel by @maeckie
  • converted to AC by RMi with permission of the author
  • 3d clean-up, bridge re-work and physical road mesh by @pugsang
  • logo and sections file by @Fanapryde
  • animated Cessna 150 courtesy of @Masscot
  • Betty Boop by @Breathe
  • beta testing and feedback by Steel , TITI, @leBluem and the above... Thank you all!

changelog v1.10
  • extra background by @pugsang
  • road shader by @shi
  • missing collision wall fixed
  • rotating windmill by @pugsang
  • big tires now have faux collisions (same as haybales)

:: DOWNLOAD v1.0 ::
:: DOWNLOAD v1.10 ::

changelog v1.10
  • road shader by @shi
  • new sign by @Masscot
  • Paramount sign removed

Last edited:
FINALLY!!

SEAT TOLEDO GT 24HR REPLICA SKIN IN 6K/4K/2K (for BE_MODDING), car link in download section

final version now in download section, wonky names and flags on right side window fixed and dunlop stickers now present that i missed

i have spent the best part of 140 hours on this skin in the last 9 days doing 16 hour days give or take, there are certain limitations i have with both my own personal skill (only my 4th skin) and the body of the car like for instance the light at the back should not be where it is but there is nothing i can do about it, tried painting it and putting the letters over and that was impossible to get to look good i also tried removing it through an ext_config but that did not work either. Also the "repsol" stickers on the top of the front bumper are not in exactly the correct position due to the map of the bumper, however it is not far off i have studies pics and got it as close as i can.

the car: its not the best its pretty low poly at 59k but it was a choice between that and claudio's and claudio's is a total mess and clealry a very old mod yes claudio's has skins but they look like there done on an atari 2600 they are utterly awful. So i chose the car from BE_MODDING as it was the best out the 2, I do understand picking between these 2 is like picking what sexually transmitted infection you want but hey its the only 2 we have in the game that i no of so i picked the "better one" and gave it a decent quality skin as there is literally none that i no of so why not

i get why people charge for skins now

in the download section as per usual

i will do a quick fantasy skin in the coming days aswell just so it has 2

View attachment 1287197
Thanks for creating the skin.
Feel free to use it.

For BEM_Seat_Toledo_GT
-Updated light.ini.
-Added emissive textures in ext_config.ini to make the rear lights work.
Screenshot_bem_seat_toledo_gt_ks_vallelunga_16-8-123-0-2-59.jpg
Screenshot_bem_seat_toledo_gt_ks_vallelunga_16-8-123-0-3-26.jpg

2023-09-16 000542.jpg

Attachments

• BEM_Seat_Toledo_GT.zip
    244.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Thanks @Rainmaker87, I have been waiting for this set of championships to release. Looks really good quality, the previews look great.

I recently tried editing some championships I had made and others I had downloaded so they all looked uniform but for some reason CM just didnt like it and said there was no preview image even though I had linked them, one of them disappeared but I didnt touch the preview, only the name. I even used Notepad++ to edit the files so the naming etc was all matching but nothing worked.

If you had anything like that trouble creating all those championships then top work 👏
Yeah I had issue with the previews too. In champs it mostly helps to use a second setting (pointing to another pic), save, close and then go back and switch to the original preview. It's also complicated to remove a car completly (also not in AC install). Or sometimes the first page of the editing (with the decription) dissapears.

changelog v1.10
  • road shader by @shi
  • new sign by @Masscot
  • Paramount sign removed
Don´t know if it is related to your track but like on others too, the AI just won´t start after green lights and / or suddenly do a hard brake when approaching the S/F line. Man I hate this crap in AC. Any fixes?

It's release Friday again! :)

This time with the long awaited modern championships. Enjoy months of work! Thanks again to all beta testers.

Release of
Modern Day Racing Series

About the series

The Modern Day Racing Series (short Modern Day or MDRS), is a career mod for the Assetto Corsa Content Manager. With the MDRS you will be able to drive all relevant international championships of the modern day, plus some exotic racing series. Most of the big names and events in motorsport like Daytona, Indianapolis, Nürburgring, Dubai, Le Mans, Monaco and much more are in. In total 27 championships with over 250 races and over 400 downloads in the catalogue, makes this a great experience for both AC newbies and veterans.

This addon brings you full seasons inspired by real modern championships. Cars and tracks used are combinations of real seasons and great available mods for Assetto Corsa. The races are set to have a duration of 15-20 minutes, except the endurance races that are up to one hour with mostly realistic starting times and day-night change 1:24.

The idea is to keep it simple. So I do not use all extensions by Pyyer or skins or whatever that is available. You can add more if you like. I focused on content that has a good quality and balance-of-performance.

This mod is using paid content! If you want to drive all the cars and tracks, you need a amount of approx. 200€ / $215 / £170 to buy them all.

Some mods need a good PC like the new Hypercars.

Features
  • 27 real championships with over 250 races of the best motorsport series in the world
  • full seasons with mostly real schedules
  • realistic point system for each championship
  • regular races 15–20 min., endurance races up to one hour
  • endurance events with realistic day-night change
  • balanced difficulty for each championship, fully customizable even in running season (note that AI is faster in championship mode, see additional information)
  • ALL downloads given in the download catalogue, use Notepad++ to make links clickable
  • fully customizable seasons
  • only best mods used, some paid
  • all files are named correctly (no “0a3980f1...champ.json” that cannot be assigned)
  • all races tested
  • including many fixes for tracks and cars to get the best possible experience
  • if you need a spotter for the oval races try Crew Chief by Britton IT Ltd
  • including grids for quick race mode
  • detailed user manual with many solutions for common issues
  • including comparison test spreadsheet for many car classes

Overview of all championships
View attachment 1287315View attachment 1287316

Get the MDRS and access to many WIPs like Schottenring or Daytona 1970 + infos to Dundrod and Isle of Man here:

Impressions:
View attachment 1287336View attachment 1287337

ADDITIONAL RELEASES:

UPDATE Magny-Cours 2011

v2.4
-fixed a VR bug
-added camera facing crowds by racinjoe013

This is absolutely incredible work, thank you so much

shi
Feel free to use it.

For BEM_Seat_Toledo_GT
-Updated light.ini.
View attachment 1287350View attachment 1287351
View attachment 1287354
no problem, thankyou for doing something that i had no clue how to do, until now :)

yet again the community comes up with little tweaks e.t.c and just keeps on improving

its the main reason i enjoy this place more than any other, because of people like you

edit: i have popped this as an external link in the updates section with another external link to different tyre wall as the ones i used from RD (should of creddited the maker ooppsss) i noticed the tyre wall's turn't bright white sometimes in sunlight so i just quickly swapped for kunos ones

thanks again @shi

Last edited:
Don´t know if it is related to your track but like on others too, the AI just won´t start after green lights and / or suddenly do a hard brake when approaching the S/F line. Man I hate this crap in AC. Any fixes?
Just retested without issues.
You are also the only one to report this issue after 1500+ downloads.

'extended-2' simply enables the use of extended physics to be implimented on the car (which is necessary if you're planning on making anything "realistic") and also if you want to use lua physics scripts ala vrc F1

small fix for MDRS

-fixed wrong Cayman GT4 in Dubai 24h

+

I found a new way to fix the black tires bug for the F1 1973 by SimDream. You can turn of the TyresFX but then you will have black tires for other mods in the rain like ASR F1 1991. Better is to delete following files from the skins folder of the gp_1973 cars:
gp_1973_tireside.dds
gp_1973_tireside_DIRT.dds
gp_1973_tireside_nm.dds

shi
Feel free to use it.

For BEM_Seat_Toledo_GT
-Updated light.ini.
View attachment 1287350View attachment 1287351
View attachment 1287354
Thank you for improving it and giving us a CSP Light fix.

The Position of the Lights wasnt fitting in my Opinion and the Reverse light was red. I edited the .dds of yours to make it fit better.
Screenshot_bem_seat_toledo_gt_rmi_paramount_ranch_15-8-123-21-25-39.jpg
Screenshot_bem_seat_toledo_gt_rmi_paramount_ranch_15-8-123-21-25-13.jpg

*Only DDS File is attached, need to Download the Fix from Shi first.

Attachments

• BEM_Seat_Toledo_GT.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
small fix for MDRS

-fixed wrong Cayman GT4 in Dubai 24h

+

I found a new way to fix the black tires bug for the F1 1973 by SimDream. You can turn of the TyresFX but then you will have black tires for other mods in the rain like ASR F1 1991. Better is to delete following files from the skins folder of the gp_1973 cars:
gp_1973_tireside.dds
gp_1973_tireside_DIRT.dds
gp_1973_tireside_nm.dds

thanks you for the great job ! just amazing ! you restore interest in the single player mod

You are so nice and polite that I will not give you my ~12 racing trucks. :irked:
Sorry, I wasn't trying to come off as mean or rude. I have seen stuff like the ETRC mod pack floating around but not much for Formula Truck Besides the Mercedes and Volvo. Again I'm sorry for coming off as rude, I can see why It looks like that. I apologize

There are a few trucks in AC yes... a pick of some I have given 4.5 or 5 stars (with only 1 preview for each):

freightliner_race_truck by Legion (freightliner_race_truck) --> LINK
View attachment 1280716

Scania Camion Cross by Legion (scania_camion_cross) --> LINK

View attachment 1280727

MAN TGS Variante E by ? (etrc_man_variante_e) --> link to the whole ETRC_ collection
View attachment 1280719
Thank you! This helps

Last edited:
Hi,

Anyone can give me a pointer on how to make this halo default in the value of "1"? I'm hoping that I don't have to go into this page to change the halo setting everytime I load this car. Thanks in advance!

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2023.09.16 - 07.34.46.90.png

Hi,

Anyone can give me a pointer on how to make this halo default in the value of "1"? I'm hoping that I don't have to go into this page to change the halo setting everytime I load this car. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1287450
You need to go into the car's data folder and change the halo value to 1 in setup.ini. If you can't find the data folder in the car folder then you need to unpack the data folder in CM.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back