Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,712 comments
Hi,

Anyone can give me a pointer on how to make this halo default in the value of "1"? I'm hoping that I don't have to go into this page to change the halo setting everytime I load this car. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1287450
if you set it to the one you want in your setup, then it will stay there. You will have to load the setup everytime you load the car anyway, and wont need to go through all the settings, no need to alter ini files, once you find a setup you like, you can choose the setup from other tracks and modify it to suit the track, which you would no doubt do anyway.

Last edited:
You need to go into the car's data folder and change the halo value to 1 in setup.ini. If you can't find the data folder in the car folder then you need to unpack the data folder in CM.
Thanks for the info! That's what I want to do, however, I have no idea which value to change, can you give me a pointer again for the below code? Thanks!

[WING_10]
SHOW_CLICKS=2
TAB=VISUALS
NAME=HALO
MIN=0
MAX=90
STEP=90
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=1
HELP=Turns the halo on and off

Thanks for the info! That's what I want to do, however, I have no idea which value to change, can you give me a pointer again for the below code? Thanks!

[WING_10]
SHOW_CLICKS=2
TAB=VISUALS
NAME=HALO
MIN=0
MAX=90
STEP=90
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=1
hello we need to changethe min value from 0 to 100
[WING_13]
SHOW_CLICKS=2
TAB=VISUALS
NAME=Halo
MIN=0 / 100
MAX=100
STEP=100
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=3
HELP=NULL

Sorry, I wasn't trying to come off as mean or rude. I have seen stuff like the ETRC mod pack floating around but not much for Formula Truck Besides the Mercedes and Volvo. Again I'm sorry for coming off as rude, I can see why It looks like that. I apologize
When you refer to 12 racing trucks are you referring to that ETRC mod by chance?

Hi guys,

it has been a long time that I posted no updates concerning the BPR Recreation Project. Basically I have been falling far behind my schedule and real life got in my way as well. Part of the problem is the work on the Porsche 964 Carrera 2 Cup Car. I am just not enough of a physics guy to finish it with the level of quality Zoffty and I are aiming for. We collected a lot of data of the real car and are even fortunate enough to have access to a real one. But that does not change the fact, that we now have a very high quality 3D model, amazing real life skins, lots of data and only a working physics base.
That is why we are looking for help. We would like to find somebody who is experienced in Assetto Corsa physics and who would be willing to commit a fair amount of time to the project. For us nothing counts more than realism, which means the aim is not to create another set of car physics but the the most convincing sim counterpart to the real car.

1694850029351.png

Another reason why we are looking for help and have been hesitating to release the car in a questionable state is, that the 964 car was used in a lot of different variants in the 90's and in BPR. Just to name a few:

Porsche 964 Carrera 2 Cup
Porsche 964 Carrera 4
Porsche 964 RS
Porsche 964 RSR
Porsche 964 Bi-Turbo

The cars mostly used the same body and share also some parts of suspension geometry and other physics aspects. The aim is to create the best possible base in form of the 964 Carrera 2 Cup without any shortcuts or compromises to have a rock solid base to create the other cars on. It also means, that the person we wish to find would be involved in creating the whole range of 964 race cars.
It really depends on the perspective if seeing it negative or positive, but at least in terms of 3D a lot of specific aspects of the following 964 cars are already done waiting for the Cup car to be finally released.

Most of the data files of the car are very well commentated so that it should be easy to understand where data and calculations come from. I would be willing to invest more time to describe the work already done which means the person which we would love to work with could count on the best support possible.

1694849957025.png

picture shows the difference in driver side and passenger side mirror :-)

If you are interested in helping us or if you know somebody we could contact please get in touch with us.

Daniel

i agree the BE_MODDING one could do with some tlc absolutely, i did laugh at the ridge racer comparison there is some truth to that for sure, that comment took me down memory lane i forgot about that game.

but until the time when that model is either reworked or a scratch made car is presented to us, we have to make a silk purse out of a sour's ear unfortunately.

its funny you post this up i was doing a physics swap on another unrelated car just a few days ago and wondered what the difference is between version 1 and 2 or "extended". I would love to know if yourself or anyone else knows the answer to this
Well this was back when the rain mod first started to come, for some reason, I thought that if the car.ini has those lines "extended-2" and
[_EXTENSION] RAIN_DEV=1. then the mod is ready for the rain (raindrops on the windscreen and rain tires) and i left that as it is because of the many problems with the rain mod, sometimes no raindrops sometimes no rain tires it was a pain in the A**
The other thing is that i don't know **** about coding and 3d, I'm just a graphic designer i only use Photoshop good all other things that i do, i do with 0 knowledge, ah yes I'm also a level designer i do maps for a video game but is on Unity game engine.

UPDATE HALLE-SAALE-SCHLEIFE 1967

v2.3
-reconverted vegetation for up to 15 FPS more performance
-changed a loading screens that was shown a fixed bug
-reworked night lights

FYI : a new automatic cam app came out few days ago. (for replays where there is no camtool available yet I suppose this can be handy to some who like to watch replays)

check it out here (youtube video + download in description)
I like this, if I understand correctly on any circuit that does not have a replay camera, it will be possible to have a camera angle outside the car (around the car).

I'm sorry but my foreign language level is poor so I use Google translate to understand.

@Greg_ST
your updated R32 JTCC still does not survive the Suspension test track...

To all who installed this one: I found the full skin pack of 1GB too much of goodness.
And since it was containing several skins with identical number, I made a "light" skin pack , keeping only about half of the skins,
with only distinct numbers. In quick races you will now no longer have several cars with the same number... (I've also put the number at the front of the folder name, so they are correctly sorted now.)
You can find the pack here .
1694857800259.png

Install instructions: remove any skins you had installed from the original full pack , and then install the skins via this 'lite' pack.
The skins themselves have not been touched, they only have better preview included (imho).

ps: don't forget to do a compress run after installing (saves over 400 extra MB of diskspace)
1694859372814.png

(u can also use CM Compress tool to accomplish the same, but I prefer using CompactGUI since it's quicker to do after an install ...
CM Compress tool needs to scan through the complete repository and this alone takes minutes. With CompactGUI you can compress a specific folder, it's done in mere seconds...)

Last edited:
wow that was quick ;):lol:
no I guess our posts crossed...
since the version number didn't increase , I guess this is merely a post to announce v9 update from this morning.
it doesn't fix the problem on the test truck map, i don't know why it happens only in this map i tested it on the remlingrade map, and it can pass the speedbumps after changing the ([HEADER]) version i thought that was the problem

Hi guys, one question for you. I really like to play AC with driver hands and steering wheel enabled, but there are some cars that have an horrible steering animation. so, is it possible to disable driver hands for some specific cars?

I know i can change it ingame but if i can set it for all the times i take that specific car would be fantastic

Thanx

I need your Help everybody!

I search the tool, I don't think it's know by lot of people but whatever.
It's like Car Tuner but we can edit the aerodynamic by %, same for the brakes etc, all the physics datas can be tweaked and edit. I can't manage to find it again.

I think i found the problem with the Nissan r32 JTCC
I just replaced the tires of the car, the thing is when you change the tire with CM it save in the tire.ini or not?
As you can see the tyres of the Nissan are "265/15/r21" and the Audi TT are "265/30/r18"
the tires in the Nissan Group A are "265/700-18 (10Jx18)" I don't know how to measure right
the car now can be loaded in the test track
Καταγραφή.JPG

12.JPG

once more I'd like to share here that CM Compress tool does not seem to be doing all it can ...
and if you have diskspace issues, try CompactGUI !

I compressed first w CM everything, so that as a base BEFORE using CompactGUI , the size of my cars folder on disk was 628GB

After recompressing w CompactGUI (v3) , I gained an additional 66 GB of diskspace!

1694864950600.png

ps: I tested this first on 1 car, to see if it still drove after the compress, and don't worry , it did.

Does anyone know why TMM's Slovakiaring does this for me? The polygons glitch in and out of view. Happens on all layouts.

It happens when the camera is aimed towards the area behind the pit stop complex and main building. Never seen this sort of thing in any of the other ~150 custom tracks I use.

20230916150001_1.jpg

20230916150003_2.jpg

Last edited:
I think i found the problem with the Nissan r32 JTCC
I just replaced the tires of the car, the thing is when you change the tire with CM it save in the tire.ini or not?
As you can see the tyres of the Nissan are "265/15/r21" and the Audi TT are "265/30/r18"
the tires in the Nissan Group A are "265/700-18 (10Jx18)" I don't know how to measure right
the car now can be loaded in the test track
265/700/18 is slick tyre dimensions, the 700 being the diameter of the tyre in this case.

In AC tyre.ini it would look like this:

Code:
WIDTH=0.265
RADIUS=0.350
RIM_RADIUS=0.2413

Note: Changing the tyre radius can cause the car to float above the track, so an adjustment in the 3d may be required, possibly....Maybe....

UPDATE HALLE-SAALE-SCHLEIFE 1967

v2.3
-reconverted vegetation for up to 15 FPS more performance
-changed a loading screens that was shown a fixed bug
-reworked night lights

Thanks!

SMP Sochi WIP

As said, i've updated all of the SMP tracks, and i was allowed by them to release my updates as standalone. I'm now re-check all their tracks in order to re-update them to the latest CSP features.

View attachment 1287548View attachment 1287549View attachment 1287550View attachment 1287551View attachment 1287552View attachment 1287553View attachment 1287554View attachment 1287555View attachment 1287556View attachment 1287557
Isn't Russia at night dangerous? 😏😄

It's release Friday again! :)

This time with the long awaited modern championships. Enjoy months of work! Thanks again to all beta testers.

Release of
Modern Day Racing Series

About the series

The Modern Day Racing Series (short Modern Day or MDRS), is a career mod for the Assetto Corsa Content Manager. With the MDRS you will be able to drive all relevant international championships of the modern day, plus some exotic racing series. Most of the big names and events in motorsport like Daytona, Indianapolis, Nürburgring, Dubai, Le Mans, Monaco and much more are in. In total 27 championships with over 250 races and over 400 downloads in the catalogue, makes this a great experience for both AC newbies and veterans.

This addon brings you full seasons inspired by real modern championships. Cars and tracks used are combinations of real seasons and great available mods for Assetto Corsa. The races are set to have a duration of 15-20 minutes, except the endurance races that are up to one hour with mostly realistic starting times and day-night change 1:24.

The idea is to keep it simple. So I do not use all extensions by Pyyer or skins or whatever that is available. You can add more if you like. I focused on content that has a good quality and balance-of-performance.

This mod is using paid content! If you want to drive all the cars and tracks, you need a amount of approx. 200€ / $215 / £170 to buy them all.

Some mods need a good PC like the new Hypercars.

Features
  • 27 real championships with over 250 races of the best motorsport series in the world
  • full seasons with mostly real schedules
  • realistic point system for each championship
  • regular races 15–20 min., endurance races up to one hour
  • endurance events with realistic day-night change
  • balanced difficulty for each championship, fully customizable even in running season (note that AI is faster in championship mode, see additional information)
  • ALL downloads given in the download catalogue, use Notepad++ to make links clickable
  • fully customizable seasons
  • only best mods used, some paid
  • all files are named correctly (no “0a3980f1...champ.json” that cannot be assigned)
  • all races tested
  • including many fixes for tracks and cars to get the best possible experience
  • if you need a spotter for the oval races try Crew Chief by Britton IT Ltd
  • including grids for quick race mode
  • detailed user manual with many solutions for common issues
  • including comparison test spreadsheet for many car classes

Overview of all championships
View attachment 1287315View attachment 1287316

Get the MDRS and access to many WIPs like Schottenring or Daytona 1970 + infos to Dundrod and Isle of Man here:

Impressions:
View attachment 1287336View attachment 1287337

ADDITIONAL RELEASES:

UPDATE Magny-Cours 2011

v2.4
-fixed a VR bug
-added camera facing crowds by racinjoe013

Thank you for all your work you do for AC and us. I have a short question: how is the final classification done at the WEC championship, for example, if you are with a GTE that does not collect any points due to the lower class? Or you didn't make the championship for this class!? thx.

[WING_10]
SHOW_CLICKS=2
TAB=VISUALS
NAME=HALO
MIN=0
MAX=90
STEP=90
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=1
I'm not sure what car you're using - so I will say make a copy of the default setup.ini file and have a play around with it. Although the solution that Maxxi gave looks like it will work.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back