Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,711 comments
Hi guys! Sorry for ask but do You remember a bug whit estrange ligjths under/sides of the cars? I read is a issue whit csp but can't find the solución for this problem...i mean is not a problema of headlights..is a estrange ilumminated zone..thanks in avance!
Try again but disable "Light bounce estimation" in ExtraFX before.

@Jezza819

Strange, since this is the first time hearing this . You have the fsr mod ? Content manager and CSP?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

While we're on the topic of fsr_ligia_jsp320 mod, here is an update to the #28 MV2S racing P3 Ligier as well as a new skin, the #29 sister car as well.

https://mega.nz/file/LtoA3SgR#OCQs9-IwntTnCg0KxpYQ-EXRvLKGs1cV1NB2NTaj7wI

View attachment 1287723
View attachment 1287724
fsr_ligia_jsp320 Yes, CM Yes, not sure what CSP is.

Last edited:
FYI : track folder compress with CompactGUI gained me another 64 GB (on top of CM Compress tool)!

before compress (CM compress already executed)
View attachment 1287647

after compress w CompactGUI (not skipping any file types):
View attachment 1287646

Yeah it works better than the normal Windows compression tool, thanks for the tip man

trackz.png

I have an account, but can't load, I get this error message:
""""

General Error​

Illegal use of $_COOKIE. You must use the request class to access input data. Found in /home/clifda5/f1classic.net/cache/production/s9e_renderer_8d23dd1e351107ce88214c0e430a77094c473eeb.php on line 1. This error message was generated by deactivated_super_global.
""""
Web site is working again.

The shader is active in the shader tab?
View attachment 1287738
Yes, it was the first thing I checked. Tried toggling it on and off a few times too, but no difference.
I can imagine a few people missing that checkbox though. Is there any reason it's not grouped with the rest of the landscape controls, rather than in a separate tab where it could easily be missed?

One other thing I've noticed is that the first time I load a track after installing the new Pure, it crashes back to CM. Load it again and there's no problem, and no problem on subsequent loads of that same track. I'm wondering if a missing file gets created with tracks that the new Pure hasn't been used with yet, and that causes the initial crash? You can almost guarantee it happening.

One last thing: any chance of a randomiser for wind direction? I know it can be manually set, but it would be add some nice variety if wind direction (and strength) varied every time a track was visited, especially as so many now use FlagFX.

Oh, and daylight headlights continue to be a major annoyance. Still no progress there?

Cheers.

Edit: just a reminder about the feature discussed previously where we can elect to drive in mid summer, no matter where the track is located. This to avoid low default sun angles when driving in the southern hemisphere if your default date is set to June, for example.

Cheers again.

Last edited:
One last thing: any chance of a randomiser for wind direction? I know it can be manually set, but it would be add some nice variety if wind
If you set a range in a slider, it will be randomized in this range, the next time the slot becomes current slot.
So for wind direction, just make the range over the whole slider and it will randomize between 0-360°

Is there any reason it's not grouped with the rest of the landscape controls, rather than in a separate tab where it could easily be missed?
It is a shader, so it is listed there in the list. Actually it is always active. There was just a problem with Pure 0.190, which is fixed now (triple screen bug). So it can be active all the time, but it is controlled via track parameters. So the main control is in the "Track" tab.

"Is there any reason it's not grouped with the rest of the landscape controls, rather than in a separate tab where it could easily be missed?"

You could try this:
1694942713143.png

1694942750664.png

You should see such debug graphics then:
1694942783345.png

Last edited:
If you set a range in a slider, it will be randomized in this range, the next time the slot becomes current slot.
So for wind direction, just make the range over the whole slider and it will randomize between 0-360°

It is a shader, so it is listed there in the list. Actually it is always active. There was just a problem with Pure 0.190, which is fixed now (triple screen bug). So it can be active all the time, but it is controlled via track parameters. So the main control is in the "Track" tab.

"Is there any reason it's not grouped with the rest of the landscape controls, rather than in a separate tab where it could easily be missed?"

You could try this:
View attachment 1287775
View attachment 1287776

View attachment 1287777
Thanks for swift answer Peter.
Ticking the LANDSCAPE_COVER_NEGATIVE box seems to have solved it, even with debug mode deactivated. I'm sure I tried that tickbox during previous troubleshooting though. Weird!
What exactly is that tickbox intended to do?
@RMi_wood try this, it might also solve your issue.

Thanks as well for the tip about randomising the wind direction, it never occurred to me to use the range tolerance like that but it works a treat.

I've been trying to find a pattern, a logic, or a method to trigger the 'daylight headlights' issue.
You could try this, it seems to trigger it but still has certain randomness:
1. start a dry daylight hotlap session, and restart it a few times. (Car and track don't seem to matter).
2. assuming headlights haven't come on, manually toggle them on and of a few times. Then leave them off.
3. start a race against AI on the same track, same conditions, using the same car
4. headlights for your car and AI cars might now be on.

Not 100% effective, but seems to trigger it more often than not.
And sometimes just changing tracks will mean that the session starts with headlights on, which then seems to be the default state until CM is shut down and restarted.
Spooky.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
The trick for me is to quit upgrading to every new CSP version that comes out. I'm still using 180.preview9 with Pure .190. No bugs, no problems. I just get to race or edit tracks and enjoy myself.
The risk with this is that things that might look good on older CSPs don't necessarily look the same with later builds if various shaders (and a gazillion other things) get updated.

Last edited:
Thanks for swift answer Peter.
Ticking the LANDSCAPE_COVER_NEGATIVE box seems to have solved it, even with debug mode deactivated. I'm sure I tried that tickbox during previous troubleshooting though. Weird!
What exactly is that tickbox intended to do?
Which track do you try with the landscape shader?
If this is not checked, the landscape shader does not overdraw any track objects, so it will only draw something beyond the farplane value. If it is checked, the landscape shader will overdraw all track objects below the chosen "LANDSCAPE_HEIGHT". So maybe you just use a map, which already had very far geometry?!

Last edited:
The AC experience in 2023 :

30% installing mods
50% solving bugs
10% playing the game
10% swearing this is the last time I'll ever touch the game (lasts 10 mins)
You forgot time wasted reinstalling, testing and deleting old crappy mods that you'd previously deleted, all because some numbskull has rehosted them years later because they were dropped on their head as a baby.

Which track do you try with the landscape shader?
If this is not checked, the landscape shader does not overdraw any track objects, so it will only draw something beyond the farplane value. If it is checked, the landscape shader will overdraw all track objects below the chosen "LANDSCAPE_HEIGHT". So maybe you just use a map, which already had very far geometry?!
I got it working on SMP's Sochi track (recently updated on Race Department) as that just happened to be my current loadout, but did previously try it with a few different tracks... none of which I can currently remember.
Maybe I just got unlucky?

hi gents, anyone can help me out with this Chameleon skin that does not want to stick ?
1694954166218.png

It's for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Euro.Sp by TW (Emfini)...

Here you can download my altered version (it's the complete car mod, as I altered the general extconfig.ini - removed the general paint settings there, and added individual config files in the skin folders. Then I added an extra skin, in which also a extconfig.ini but the parameters that are supposed to give it a chameleon paintjob do nothing in this case).

And also trying to launch this car in Showroom (to see with CSP ) , it fails showing:
1694954049931.png

(if you want to revert back to original , here you can find it - but the original skins are way to shiny imho and look better in my version.)

Latest everything here (paid version of csp and pure) and the only bug I got (for now) is that the game wont register my progress in career mode... :scared:

For me the trick is to avoid CM. So no auto updates, always stick to stable CSP and Pure versions.
That's basically what i'm doing. Newer Pure versions are not the problem. All his versions are stable. Problem is, the newer Pure versions require newer CSP and CM versions. And that's where the problems come from. The new CSP\CM versions are very unstable so I stick with the version where everything just works. Maybe i'm missing some nice new feature that i'm unaware of by using an old CSP version, but the way I look at it, if I don't know i'm missing it, then am I really missing it.

Last edited:
Well this was back when the rain mod first started to come, for some reason, I thought that if the car.ini has those lines "extended-2" and
[_EXTENSION] RAIN_DEV=1. then the mod is ready for the rain (raindrops on the windscreen and rain tires) and i left that as it is because of the many problems with the rain mod, sometimes no raindrops sometimes no rain tires it was a pain in the A**
The other thing is that i don't know **** about coding and 3d, I'm just a graphic designer i only use Photoshop good all other things that i do, i do with 0 knowledge, ah yes I'm also a level designer i do maps for a video game but is on Unity game engine.
that's fair enough, i would of thought the same thing to. thankyou for your reply

There's a simple solution to all these problems; stick with vanilla game and enjoy racing the stock product... Easy peasy! 😁
That's exactly what i'm doing mate. I enjoy it without any problems... I also do mods in a simple way, everything works for me. I've used plenty of rF1's, GTL's, GTR's, GTR2's, Race07's...never experienced the fixes I see on this forum - I stick with the stock AC and it's cool.

The risk with this is that things that might look good on older CSPs don't necessarily look the same with later builds if various shaders (and a gazillion other things) get updated.
The question is: do we build mods for AC or CSP...

You could try this:
View attachment 1287775
View attachment 1287776

View attachment 1287777
landscape_negative indeed fixes it!!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back