Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
More handy UI for the GTPC (Virtua_LM) conversion by GTsupreme

What happened to the Virtua_LM GTPC mod? Many old sim racers will know that this kind of vapoware was a bit of a disappointment when it finally came out for rFactor. Later TonyBarracuda and GTsupreme took on a conversion to AC simply called "Group C 80s". The latest version is now free to have and this mod is finally worth a try. The physics might not AAA+, but it finally makes fun to drive this unique experience of early 80s prototype cars.

Patreon link:

direct link to the cars:

here is the Le Mans 1982 track (original Virtua_LM)

This add-on patch wants to help to get the best possible experience from the status we have at the moment.

What it does?

All cars now in one brand "GTPC (Virtua_LM)" to have them all together.
They splittet into two categories by tags. One for cars with lights "#gtpc_virtua_lm" and one without "#gtpc_virtua_no_lights", so there will be no cars that have no lights while driving at night.

The tags give you the opportunity to drive them all together:
For cars with "#gtpc_virtua_no_lights" use "Grid type → Random → Same brand & class" to run with all.
For night races use a "#gtpc_virtua_lm", car with lights, and choose "Grid type → Random → Same subclass only" and you wont have cars without lights in the grid.

PS: I also had to create a third category "#gtpc_smoker" for cars with a physics bug that makes them do heavy smoke from the wheels.

View attachment 1284596
UPDATE More handy UI for the GTPC mod

v2.0
-fixed missing entry in drivetrain for traction type that made some cars to do heavy smoke from the wheels

Released : Courage-Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet
Author:
3D Model: Turn 10
3D Model Wheels :Kunos (R8LMS)
Skins: Turn 10
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.1.80-preview115
PP filer GT Sport 1.4

have fun!

To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager.
Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ciz8e7x0z8idl8m/f302_oreca_flm09.zip/file

__custom_showroom_1697821591.jpg

windsadash.png

I need your help, a mod I'm working on has the same file as Diffuse and Map, not bad with light colors but the shine is completely lost in dark ones.

That's stupid in that they don't have shiny paint, I can't open the FBX with the KS Editor, it crashes, I'm looking for someone to replace a duplicate file for me so that I don't have a duplicate name and the same file used for 2.

Yes, I know it's stupid to explain, it's not my native language, so who can help me?

View attachment 1297057

I need your help, a mod I'm working on has the same file as Diffuse and Map, not bad with light colors but the shine is completely lost in dark ones.

That's stupid in that they don't have shiny paint, I can't open the FBX with the KS Editor, it crashes, I'm looking for someone to replace a duplicate file for me so that I don't have a duplicate name and the same file used for 2.

Yes, I know it's stupid to explain, it's not my native language, so who can help me?
Click the small dotted icon to the right of the txMaps: file, then click the arrow next to replace and click 'fork texture for material xxx' and then rename said texture. You can now change that texture without impacting the txDiffuse texture.

Side note, if a car doesn't load in KS Editor it's almost always because you don't have a particular shader installed correctly. You either need to download the missing shaders from the CSP github or go into the fbx.ini in your 'unpacked' folder and change the shader types of those that aren't standard to the game, just by editing the text. For example you might change 'ksPerPixelMultiMap_emissive' to just 'ksPerPixelMultiMap'.

Click the small dotted icon to the right of the txMaps: file, then click the arrow next to replace and click 'fork texture for material xxx' and then rename said texture. You can now change that texture without impacting the txDiffuse texture.

Side note, if a car doesn't load in KS Editor it's almost always because you don't have a particular shader installed correctly. You either need to download the missing shaders from the CSP github or go into the fbx.ini in your 'unpacked' folder and change the shader types of those that aren't standard to the game, just by editing the text. For example you might change 'ksPerPixelMultiMap_emissive' to just 'ksPerPixelMultiMap'.
Thank your for the tips the one thing is that some textures which will be replaced automatically with the other one that has the same name. And it's a real shame that v6 of the ks editor doesn't have a ksbrakedisc shader and other missing ones

__custom_showroom_1697926673.jpg__custom_showroom_1697926763.jpg__custom_showroom_1697926778.jpg
Now it worked, I did it with 3dsimed, completely forgetting that it even existed.
Now I can continue working, I'm looking forward to publishing it for you all.

Last edited:
Le Mans 1967

Le Mans 1967 v1.02

This is my take on the le_grand_circuit_1967 track done by Terra21 and updated by WooChoo and Virtua_LM. All credit for the track goes to those guys. I simply added some CSP features and altered a few textures\meshes to give it a look I prefer. It is a standalone track so as not to mess with the original and will come up as Le Mans 1967 in your track list. If you have a preferred ai you use with the original track, just copy it over to this version if you decide to use this. I'm not sure which ai version the track currently has right now because I was swapping out different versions.

Additions:

-- Seasonal changes.
-- Animated flags.
-- Animated CSP smoke in the fall and winter.

-- Reworked sand areas to give them some character and eliminate the monotonous look. I took some creative liberties with this so it's not 100% accurate to the real track at that time. There are two ways you can have the sand areas look on the Mulsanne Straight. By default it has more green grass than it probably should, but it helps to break up the look. The second way has less grass and more of a brown tint. To enable the alternate version, open up the models.ini file and in the [MODEL_2] section, change the line that reads FILE=le_grand_circuit_1967_terrain.kn5 to FILE=le_grand_circuit_1967_terrain2.kn5.

-- New pine trees texture. This one has some faults because the trunks don't quite line up with the uv mapping correctly. The original pine tree texture had slightly curved trunks. Mine doesn't so you can see some double trunks in spots if you are really looking for them. It doesn't bother me, but if it does for you, just enable the Original Trees track skin.
-- The Green Grass track skin does just what it says. Makes the grass look greener. Nice for a spring race.
-- The Misc track skin doesn't need to be enabled. It's a skin created by Instevs36 that I got from RD that I use at times. As mentioned.

-- If you find the ambient feel is a bit dark, you can go to the track's extension folder and rename the ext_config_lighter file to ext_config. It's not a drastic increase in brightness but enough to make a difference. It's actually the one I use.

View attachment 1248085
View attachment 1248086
Link has been updated with a new version. You can thank or blame @Rodger Davies for the quick turnaround. Just kidding. He shared some info with me that makes the track more accurate for the time period so I think it's worth it. Please delete or backup your existing version until you are sure you like the changes.

Changes:

-- Added white to the bottom of the tree trunks at the start of Mulsanne Straight.
-- Added period correct flags for Spain and South Africa.
-- Darkened the tree trunks for the pine trees. They kind of stood out too much.
-- Fixed Esso advert coming down the front stretch so it doesn't look like a billboard.
-- Increased the LOD_OUT value for homes along Mulsanne Straight to eliminate the homes popping into view.
-- Added an alternate terrain folder that might be worth trying. It changes the look of the areas along Mulsanne Straight. Basically, it makes them a little darker and a little browner. Personally, I like it better because it doesn't look so bright. To try it, copy the contents of the Alternate_Terrain folder to the main track directory and overwrite when it asks. Might be smart to make a backup of the files that get replaced so you can revert back if you don't like the new look.
-- Still has the lighter ext_config alternative from the last update in case you preferred that one. Just need to rename the file.

I think that's it...

lm67.jpg

Last edited:
Link has been updated with a new version. You can thank or blame @Rodger Davies for the quick turnaround. Just kidding. He shared some info with me that makes the track more accurate for the time period so I think it's worth it. Please delete or backup your existing version until you are sure you like the changes.

Changes:

-- Added white to the bottom of the tree trunks at the start of Mulsanne Straight.
-- Darkened the tree trunks for the pine trees. They kind of stood out too much.
-- Fixed Esso advert coming down the front stretch so it doesn't look like a billboard.
-- Increased the LOD_OUT value for homes along Mulsanne Straight to eliminate the homes popping into view.
-- Added an alternate terrain folder that might be worth trying. It changes the look of the areas along Mulsanne Straight. Basically, it makes them a little darker and a little browner. Personally, I like it better because it doesn't look so bright. To try it, copy the contents of the Alternate_Terrain folder to the main track directory and overwrite when it asks. Might be smart to make a backup of the files that get replaced so you can revert back if you don't like the new look.
-- Still has the lighter ext_config alternative from the last update in case you preferred that one. Just need to rename the file.

I think that's it...

View attachment 1297091

Legend, that white paint on the trees might seem like a small detail but it's a huge improvement to the immersion level for me personally. The other improvements (especially the rotation of the flags) are great too, looking forward to trying the other updated textures and details tomorrow. Thanks again!

Looks like the next one of the URD GT3 car is out....

Looks like the next one of the URD GT3 car is out....
can't wait for vrc to come out saying they also made a 296. followed by rss

Hello! Everything is fine? This is my first post. My name is Guilherme (Willian, Willhelm in others countrys), I'm 37 years old and I'm from Brazil. I live in the city of Viamão/RS, a city where there is the TARUMÃ track, one of the fastest in the country.
(🤣)

I would really like to know where to find a decent tutorial on chrome and/or "chameleon" skins. My research only led me to bad tutorials.

Thanks.
Hello Friend be welcome! First of all, a pleasure, another fellow countryman, I'm from Acre, If I may, I want you to know that this is the BEST forum about AC, and rest assured that any and all solutions will be available here, welcome! ps My profile name here on the forum has changed, it was Wlynsan, but, for some reason, I can no longer access that profile, now it's Piresdiogo ok... We need a BMW Z3 mod, if anyone knows.. Hugs from Brazil !!

So trying out the latest CSP preview seems to have fixed RSS car's issue with freezing wheel motion in photomode.....at least so far in the last few RSS cars I've tried I've not had that happened....

Changes:

I think that's it...
Even though the graphics look gorgeous, my problem with that updated version is on the race starts.

Racing against the AI - with period correct cars -, on the Le Mans start option (whatever with 36 or 54 grid-slots), half of the AI-controlled cars get stuck on the pits. Anyone knows a fix to this?

Even though the graphics look gorgeous, my problem with that updated version is on the race starts.

Racing against the AI - with period correct cars -, on the Le Mans start option (whatever with 36 or 54 grid-slots), half of the AI-controlled cars get stuck on the pits. Anyone knows a fix to this?
I will have to look into it. I never run the LM start layouts so I never knew they didn't work. Since they came with the original track, I just assumed they worked and never tested them. Lesson learned, always check everything out. Sorry about that.

My suggestion would be to find a copy of the original track and the 54 pit lm layout and copy the ai from those. Could be something I did borked the lm layouts. I know I recorded some new sidelines so that might be what did it, although the sidelines were only for the normal start layouts. Still worth a shot. I might even try it myself to see if it fixes it.

EDIT: Yeah, I screwed it up. Let me fix it and re-upload the package. I'll be back in a few minutes to let you know when it's safe to download the track again.

EDIT2: Go ahead and download again. The LM layouts should work. Let me know if they still give you problems.

EDIT3: The 54 pit lm layout still doesn't work for some reason and it's too late here to dig into it right now. I'll try and figure it out over the next few days.

Last edited:
MDRS update
v1.22
-changed Losail 2021 to Losail 2023 in download catalogue, removed the obsolete fix, thanks to Zen Pat for reporting
NOTE: If you have issues with the COTA version by Fenryr you can download the v1.2 in the History tab at Racedepartment and install the old Cozy version.

or here:

I never use the LM start anyway, because the AI just suck with it (they don't use GeorgeRed or Joe's full track AI improvements), but:

shi
Rainmaker created better AIs for Montreal and Silverstone in the 1992 Track Pack. Thank you.
If ai_hints.ini exists in Montreal's data folder, delete it.
I usually don’t post videos here, as I’m active in the AC Videos thread already, but I just wanted to say, the work @shi & @Rainmaker87 have done recently is AAA strong!
The ai line fix Rainmaker made to Montreal, is simply wonderful and makes racing on this track a total joy.

Last edited:
I implemented the 2019 sponsors and texture updates by Pepperoni in a small update of Croft 2019.
I also did a few small fixes.

View attachment 1296220
Thanks very much for this update @Zwiss.
A couple of things might need attention if you're planning any further updates.
The rear windows of one of the pit buildings are bricked up, but still have reflective glass. I thought the windows might be bricked up IRL, but found a lap video which seems to suggest they aren't.
The other thing is that off-line tarmac doesn't currently take skidmarks.
I'll probably also keep Legion's version in tandem because the different routes in his are really interesting and worthwhile, but your track has a lot more polish. It would be great if you did decide to add those routes to yours to make it the only one worth keeping.
Thanks again.

Screenshot_blz_mazda_mx5_ncfl_zw_croft_22-10-123-10-8-52.jpg 1697966783150.png Screenshot_blz_mazda_mx5_ncfl_zw_croft_22-10-123-10-8-24.jpg Screenshot_blz_mazda_mx5_ncfl_zw_croft_22-10-123-10-8-13.jpg Screenshot_blz_mazda_mx5_ncfl_zw_croft_22-10-123-10-10-22.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back