Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,840 comments
It depends. There's a VERY GOOD model of the short tail from 1967 converted by the great ABSLM 1960s LM Mod for GTR2, but if you look for the long tail you must ask to MrLonguinha17 which is refining it among many others at the moment. You can find it in his latest Matra pack in any case, not the best quality but still better then not having it at all...
Good morning.
These days the "Matra" pack will be renewed with possible improvements in textures/shadows (made by our companion MrHunt) as well as details in the "DATA" folder with new changes and a better "Bop" compared to other cars of the time .

I'm finishing tests at LeMans 1974 with other cars.But without a doubt this Matra made by him is excellent.
You could even use it to adapt the models of other possible Matras (using this model as a base).
But for now I won't change anything. The sound of the V12 engine (it's also very good).

I feel the same way. They always take too much attention, and don't blend with the scenery at all.
The biggest problem I have with 3D trees, not only do I think they look horrendous, they kill performance with regards to VR, and this is the only way I race.

I have some amazing tracks, ruined and unplayable due to the trees

Totally agree. The only problem with 2D trees is the godawful low-re cartoony textures that are sometimes used, normally when just ported across from the ancient track source like GPL or GTR, or when the textures are mirrored down the length of the trunk, creating spooky faces.
Properly-done 2D trees can look fantastic.
Like they were done at Sainte-Croix and Bannochbrae.

Last edited:
It depends. There's a VERY GOOD model of the short tail from 1967 converted by the great ABSLM 1960s LM Mod for GTR2, but if you look for the long tail you must ask to MrLonguinha17 which is refining it among many others at the moment. You can find it in his latest Matra pack in any case, not the best quality but still better then not having it at all...
There is also a decent model of a Matra MS650 longtail on the following link, if there is anyone interested: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/matra-ms650-work-in-progress.218328/page-4 (its a patreon link, but its free).

+

Some extra info about the upcoming Bazza WSC modpack.

Last edited:
thx, these things will be fixed in the next update
👍
If an update is in the works for the BMW, can you please look at the black glass borders to the front and rear windscreens? There's a weird dirt texture on the borders that looks quite odd.

Screenshot_dw_bmw_z4mcoupe_gt3_imola_14-11-123-15-12-20.jpg

Anyone noticed random damage happening on random AI cars on pit exit on the good old Reboot/THR Interlagos '75?

Oh, and there's a "asrl_interlagos_75_V1.2" in Breathe's list.
T21's?
:odd:

Last edited:
Yas Marina Circuit 2021 mod v2.0, made by BAI Zhantang and so on.
·Model by BAI Zhantang and me, road mesh is converted from rfactor 1 and fix by me, other model files are copied from acu_yasmarina.
·Most of texture UV and lightfx are remade by ZHU Wushuang.
·Ai, real TV camera replay , rainfx and grassfx are made by GUO Furong.
Many thanks for the sponsorship of Tongfu Inn(Xi'an city, Shaanxi province, China), hoping you a great journey to Shaanxi someday, welcome to our inn.
View attachment 1301025
View attachment 1301026
View attachment 1301027
View attachment 1301029
View attachment 1301030
View attachment 1301033
Link:https://mega.nz/file/D1h1SKwC#lLhnLX3BNyrW1nDZNSm10rxMx7YQ-lQvIsiSILpXsWo(Fix some lights, add the Pit camera)
CSP 1.78 or higher is needed.
How to turn on lights? The race is at 5 Pm in the twilight. and I dont get any light from the posts!

I already posted this in the decal search section, but did get no answer. Maybe better luck here.

yet another decal I am searching for

1699735153756.png

The car has a sticker on the left side of the Yokohama sticker on the side skirts.
Car is: IMSA GT Sebring 12H 1994, Mark Sandridge #49, GTU, chassis 6081
1699735277862.png

Does anybody know this brand?

Thanx in advance.
Daniel

RSS cars and rain
Just noticed today that my RSS cars open seat i.e. 1979 v8 and the RSS Formula 4 cars, when driving in the rain, the drivers visor does not have rain drops on them. Is there a way to do this ? I have emailed RSS and they responded by saying :-
Thanks for your query. Unfortunately, this would be something to redirect to the CSP developers. Generally, skinned meshes do not get rain applied to them, but as we are using a standard Kunos driver here, it is up to the CSP developers to implement those features.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Regards

Mark

As we
I already posted this in the decal search section, but did get no answer. Maybe better luck here.

1699735153756.png

The car has a sticker on the left side of the Yokohama sticker on the side skirts.
1699735277862.png

Thanx in advance.
Daniel
I like a good logo challenge, but this one is hard. It seems that the team didn't even use this logo on the car for most of the race week, it was only put on in the actual race.

I found this graphic of the car which makes it a bit more legible:

I'm fairly certain it says "Baaron", which if I Google it combined with Ohio (where the team is from and most local sponsors on the car are from) brings me to this company: https://www.baaron.com/
Not the same logo obviously, but this could have easily changed in the last 30 years. According to the local chamber of commerce the company has been in business for over 20 years as per 2015, so that could match up: https://woosterchamber.chambermaster.com/list/member/baaron-llc-76

The small words underneath the name could be something like Fasteners, Cutting Tools, Abrasives, just like in the modern logo.

Just my best guess.

As we

I like a good logo challenge, but this one is hard. It seems that the team didn't even use this logo on the car for most of the race week, it was only put on in the actual race.

I found this graphic of the car which makes it a bit more legible:

I'm fairly certain it says "Baaron", which if I Google it combined with Ohio (where the team is from and most local sponsors on the car are from) brings me to this company: https://www.baaron.com/
Not the same logo obviously, but this could have easily changed in the last 30 years. According to the local chamber of commerce the company has been in business for over 20 years as per 2015, so that could match up: https://woosterchamber.chambermaster.com/list/member/baaron-llc-76

The small words underneath the name could be something like Fasteners, Cutting Tools, Abrasives, just like in the modern logo.

Just my best guess.
Legendary !!!

Found this via waybackmachine:
1699991049487.png

and a later version:
BRN_logo.png

Thanx again :-)
__custom_showroom_1699994328.png

Last edited:
For those who missed it, there's a new update for Reboot Paris (2.2). Downloading it now.

Paris 2.2 Reboot

Anybody have a changelog? The track is extremely true to Autosport, but I found the AI slow and accident prone (no surprise) and the FFB graininess of Sector 1 to be a bit too overbearing.

EDIT: Also, to prevent double posting, I'm looking at strobe8's Matra Park, which has been apparently updated at some point by ACTK. That link in Breathe's list is dead - if someone has this updated version, I'd appreciate it. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Can someone please explain me what that white thing in my mirrors is? (Pyyers' 2023 extension for rt_bathurst)

edit: looks like it is because of the pp filter. I was using the Reality Filter 3.0. Went back to 2.0 and its gone

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_gtm_mercer_v8_rt_bathurst_14-10-123-20-30-40.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtm_mercer_v8_rt_bathurst_14-10-123-20-30-40.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

1699735153756.png

1699735277862.png

Thanx in advance.
Daniel
Likely an older logo for Baaron Industrial Supplies and Services located in Wooster, OH. The driver of that car Mark Sandridge is from Medina, OH so that would make sense. I don't think you'll find a "logo" for this anywhere online.

X90
For those who missed it, there's a new update for Reboot Paris (2.2). Downloading it now.

Paris 2.2 Reboot

Anybody have a changelog? The track is extremely true to Autosport, but I found the AI slow and accident prone (no surprise) and the FFB graininess of Sector 1 to be a bit too overbearing.

EDIT: Also, to prevent double posting, I'm looking at strobe8's Matra Park, which has been apparently updated at some point by ACTK. That link in Breathe's list is dead - if someone has this updated version, I'd appreciate it. Cheers.
ACTK's Matra Park is located in the "Hungry" section on the website, here's the direct link:

Now released: Radical SR8 RX v.2.023 by MSC

<snip>

(v.2.023 indicates the year of this update)

View attachment 1303379
that is by far the strangest version numbering I have ever seen! :) So you plan on releasing one update each year? ;)
What happened to asphalt and grass in CSP 0.2.1 p2?
@spagna please tell me you moved the side mirror yourself between screenshots !
(I would hate to have to set the mirrors correct again on each and every car I drive , because they are moved automatically with the new version of CSP... )
1699993421578.png
vs
1699993446168.png

No issues here with Barcelona or grassfx.

View attachment 1303610
But the grass became unrealistically bright even in the rain. And the asphalt, on the contrary, darkened. With 1.80 it was more natural

that is by far the strangest version numbering I have ever seen! :) So you plan on releasing one update each year? ;)

@spagna please tell me you moved the side mirror yourself between screenshots !
(I would hate to have to set the mirrors correct again on each and every car I drive , because they are moved automatically with the new version of CSP... )
View attachment 1303611 vs View attachment 1303612
This can be done in the app Car Mirrors

A question:
Car.ini file
Full=50 l
If I drive, there is 50l of fuel by default
If driving the AI, there is 30l of fuel by default
Why? Thank you

What happened to asphalt and grass in CSP 0.2.1 p2?
Its custom championship ?:) Seasonal adjustments are now in "Track Adjusments" option "Use Seasons". Specific date option no longer works for custom championships, so, for custom championships you will always have a real season and real time.:/

Last edited:
Please delete previous versions and do a clean install!

View attachment 1303253

DW BMW Z4 M Coupé GT3 v1.7

Changelog:

• side mirrors got 3d model smoothing
  • new tyres
  • reworked suspension
  • reworked material and shader settings
  • reworked engine power and gears
  • added some details
  • optimised AI behavior

Download: https://mega.nz/file/ZVRh0BpQ#Yko1URDxzZ0sQyaI7vh5Ah92ShYK0QIrvzJhxPe0wc4
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 1303254

DW Gillet Vertigo Streiff v2.04

Changelog:

• new tyres
  • reworked suspension
  • optimised AI behavior
  • added new skin (credit and big thx to DavidDGA from GTPlanet)

Download: https://mega.nz/file/RRBhTQSB#gWuHyhy3-wAHbi26hZoHdT0dHFWgDyWLI7op38RIp8Q
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 1303255

DW Marcos Mantis GT3 v2.04

Changelog:

• new tyres
  • reworked suspension
  • optimised AI behavior
  • fixed rim color settings

Download: https://mega.nz/file/dZxiWAzR#pOzs4JesmL1lJztJWs-a9YYGu57BwLULYvVvJ6tD62g

View attachment 1303256

DW Ultima GTR v0.6

Changelog:

• added V8 Chevrolet engine version
  • closed gap between door and cockpit
  • new tyres
  • reworked suspension
  • optimised AI behavior
  • changed to correct sequential shift/gearbox

Download: https://mega.nz/file/0IRh0AyI#ZltkFL84LN54QMueNTXnpNZfzeedP-F8MIM-M5XSJHc

Will add the cars to the gtplanet download section too. 🙂
@DaWallace thanks so much for your wonderful contributions to AC!!!
I've been testdriving the new versions and here my notes of things that should be improved imho:
on the Gillet Vertigo : the brakelights are not noticable anymore when the lights are turned on
on the Z4: the wiper "cuts" through the sun visor strip (also little bit on the Marcos)
for the Ultima's: the ai seems to find the gravel too easily... which is actually cool to see them crash (but it's a bit too much ) :)

Top notch mods , keep 'm coming! ;)

X90

Paris 2.2 Reboot

Paris 2.2 - light update, nicer Eiffel tower lights and added light to some corner arrows

https://mega.nz/file/mOpS0KiZ#EJYeXfXtES3oaZaOejiC17JOPaAM7x5M_yNfxVxyrog

Last edited:
Now released: Radical SR8 RX v.2.023 by MSC

With this mod we want to pay homage to the beginning of modding on AC by taking one of the first mods created for AC and updating it with all of today's news. We have not found the name of the first author who created this mod to pay homage to one of the oldest and most famous AC mods. I hope you like it and give us some feedback.

Includes:

Accurate new Physics (aerodynamics, tire model, power, flames, setup etc..)

Extension for directional lights + reverse light

New Shaders complete

Lods B - C

(v.2.023 indicates the year of this update)

Free downloads:
View attachment 1303379
BMW M3 GTS (E92) v.1.7 2023

After 7 years from our first publication of the BMW M3 GTS E92 here is the updated version for you v.1.7 2023

Includes :

New Physics (aerodynamics, tyre model, power, setup, sound, engine).

Extension for extra shaders + wing animation + android auto.

New Shaders complete.

Lods B - C - D

Downloads:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/bmw-m3-gts-e92-v-92900661
preview.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back