Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Working on new gear ratios for an old car...until I messed up something badly and now shifting is broken for me and AI. :grumpy:

The ratios in drivetrain.ini are ok, I also made .RTOs although I'm not interested in choosing several preset ratios at the moment, just experimenting. I spent the last hour trying to find what's causing the problem with no success.

I'll leave the link HERE, if anyone is so kind to look into it.

Last edited:
Hi gents, how to lose your driving license:
A new beast in my garage:
__custom_showroom_1700071913.jpg

engine: Hayabusa 175hp, 145Nm, 11000 RPM with sounds, RPM indicator revised, weight: less than 600kg, new exhaust line, 6 gears Susuki gearbox, no chance for DS3, Clio IV and many others with (so much!) more power. 0-100 in 5.2s.
But I need Safi Hellie's authorization before I can upload it.
Have a nice day, Mike.

Last edited:
Working on new gear ratios for an old car...until I messed up something badly and now shifting is broken for me and AI. :grumpy:

The ratios in drivetrain.ini are ok, I also made .RTOs although I'm not interested in choosing several preset ratios at the moment, just experimenting. I spent the last hour trying to find what's causing the problem with no success.

I'll leave the link HERE, if anyone is so kind to look into it.
There's no first.rto, and the ratio values don't exactly match in drivetrain.ini and fifth.rto for fifth?
I would have used 0.816 for both.
The final stanza in drivetrain.ini is named [GEARS] should be [AUTO_SHIFTER]
Seems to work now, in a quick test here.

Well, at least single car seems OK now. AI in a race don't seem to get out of 1st gear, and keep trying till the blow the engine.
More looking.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting seasonal adjustments constantly on, after installing the new CSP shader preview?

I have turned off the option in the settings menu and my trackadjustments.ini from my documents folder shows everything deactivated like it should but gets forced on every time unless I chose "with date set" and select a summer month.

Might be one of those bugs I will just need to live with this version till the next, but curious to know if anyone else having same issue?
It's track dependent, yes?

There's no first.rto, and the ratio values don't exactly match in drivetrain.ini and fifth.rto for fifth?
I would have used 0.816 for both.
The final stanza in drivetrain.ini is named [GEARS] should be [AUTO_SHIFTER]
Seems to work now, in a quick test here.

Well, at least single car seems OK now. AI in a race don't seem to get out of 1st gear, and keep trying till the blow the engine.
More looking.
I've fixed the last stanza of drivetrain.ini and the fifth value, removed all the .RTOs from the folder, changed the header back to v2 (as it was originally).
Now the gears are displayed correctly in the car set-up page, and the AI goes in second gear but then goes back to first and so on, lol.

Last edited:
I've fixed the last stanza of drivetrain.ini and the fifth value, removed all the .RTOs from the folder, changed the header back to v2 (as it was originally).
Now the gears are displayed correctly in the car set-up page, and the AI goes in second gear but then goes back to first and so on, lol.
Yeah. I tried different tracks cos some peple suggest AI line as the culprit, but no help.
I did see one fella suggest that the AI shift point should be ~ 500 rpm less than the limiter, tried that too. No good.
Sorry, at the edge of my smarts-envelope here.

BMW M3 GTS (E92) v.1.7 2023

After 7 years from our first publication of the BMW M3 GTS E92 here is the updated version for you v.1.7 2023

Includes :

New Physics (aerodynamics, tyre model, power, setup, sound, engine).

Extension for extra shaders + wing animation + android auto.

New Shaders complete.

Lods B - C - D

Downloads:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/bmw-m3-gts-e92-v-92900661
View attachment 1303647
Ferrari F40 LM Kit v.1.5
Includes :
New tyre model, sound, engine F40 S3 Kunos.
New racing suspensions + setup
Extension for extra shaders, turn signal, light
New Shaders complete.
Skins
Lods B - C - D
Downloads:
preview.jpg

Quick request (to everyone): please update the version number in the UI when you update tracks*.
:)

*or cars.

Regarding the Curvelo update, nice job. You caught a couple of weird 'toxic swamp green' areas that I'd missed with my skin and was going to revisit, so you saved me the bother.
The trees still have floating artifacts directly above them which is kind of annoying... maybe these could be fixed in v1.x..?
Regardless, this is now a much-improved track. Thanks.
Hello

Is there a track with a larger number of pits?
Currently, only 18...
Hugs

trcb_curvelo

Last edited:
Yeah. I tried different tracks cos some peple suggest AI line as the culprit, but no help.
I did see one fella suggest that the AI shift point should be ~ 500 rpm less than the limiter, tried that too. No good.
Sorry, at the edge of my smarts-envelope here.
Yeah I was sure AI line wasn't responsible, track is ultra tested.
And I didn't touch the car AI, only setup.ini and drivetrain.ini
Damn, it was running so sweet this afternoon... :banghead:

The first cars tested for "100 years of History - Le Mans 1974"

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR - Gelo Racing Team
adapted model (as the skins were not compatible with the models I have). Our mate "MrHunt" managed to improve the textures/shadows

Ligier JS2 - Maserati - Automobiles Ligier

BMW 3.0 CSL - Jolly Club

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR Turbo - Porsche System / Martini

A little complicated in setting an approximate "BoP" for the cars, as I have to test the cars on the track (2 laps) and compare my time with the "AI" time and the real time (approximately for the season in an interval between the best/worst time for the car), after some fiddling with the files in the "DATA" folder, as I generally do with the basic "setup" of the car.

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR
my time=4m12, AI time=4m13, real time interval=4m11/4m34

Ligier JS2-Maserati
my time=4m02, AI=4m01, interval=3m56/3m58

BMW 3.0 CSL
my time=4m10, AI=4m11, interval=4m14/4m21

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR Turbo
my time=4m01,AI=3m59, interval=3m52/3m58

As I only do these two laps and return to the pit, I wait a few minutes for the other competitors to complete one or two laps too so I can see the times (20 minute qualifier).

Last edited:
Lime Rock Mountain 3.0

CSP is required

Original Track by Legion, updated with permission
AI by @sab001
Rainfx by @twobegreen
Cams by @DaBaeda
3D objects by the Reboot Team. If they request, I will gladly pull the track for using their objects.
Thanks to @RMi_wood , @pugsang , @flyingsaucer , @norms , @gunnar333 and @Mike08 for answering my stupid questions over at @Breathe discord channel.
Thanks to @skupz0009 , @SGETI , @sab001 and @andrevr for testing the track and input on improvements.
Special thanks to @gunnar333 for the help with the digital leaderboard and letting me use his flag light object from Sachsenring as well as @sab001 for the new AI.
This an update to my mod for Legion's Lime Rock Mountain. It was one of the first track's I ever tried to edit so the mod really wasn't that good. Since then i've learned a lot so I tried to make the mod better. It's still not great, but better than before. For the record, this is not supposed to be a period accurate mod. It's more of a 'what if' had the track existed today.

Lime Rock Mountain v3.0

Additional credits besides what's listed above:

AI tweaks and fixes to the terrain from @cammel
Sections file from @Fanapryde
Cable fix from @Masscot
Thanks to @Quikslvr , @Perico Lospa and @Fanapryde for testing and feedback.

There is a boat load of changes, but i'm only going to mention a handful because they are important.

-- I made changes to a bunch of objects. Some I made myself, some were borrowed from rt_lime_rock_park. I did not get permission to use the objects because honestly, I don't know who's involved in that team to ask. If it becomes a problem and they ask, I will pull the mod immediately.

-- The tree objects on this track are terrible and very hard to work with. I would love to replace all the trees with Y trees, but I have no clue where to even begin to do something like that for as many tree objects as this track has. So you will have to live with some goofy looking trees and trunks in some spots. Maybe some day i'll learn how to replace them all.

-- I added a raceday layout that is not really true to life. The real Lime Rock Park doesn't have grandstands as far as I could see in pictures, but the track seemed empty when I ran a race so I made a second layout with added grandstands so it didn't feel so empty.

-- You can use the track without any of the track skins enabled and it will be fine. The Grass skins are self explanatory as to what they do. The Trees skin just changes a couple of the tree textures. The Seasonal skins will change the trees too look like they should for the time of year.

As always, please let me know of any problems so I can try and fix them.

Last edited:
GPL link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/cf8l2iz0wb3i02r/indyrp67.zip/file
GT6: Download link on GTP is broken. I contacted the author of the post to send me a working link.
RF: the rfactor track I have contains only the Oval track but sadly not the road course.

So we have to chances to save this historic track from disappearing not only in real life, but also in the sim world :-)
The GPL source is old and not good.
I don't think it can be converted from GT6 (course editor?).
Sorry to hear about the rFactor source.

There does not seem to be a good source at this time.

and the AI goes in second gear but then goes back to first and so on, lol.
Drive the car yourself with automatic gearing (STRG-G) and check if its working. If it works use those two data points from drivetrain.ini in ai.ini.
Code:
[AUTO_SHIFTER]
UP=7200
DOWN=4200
If it doesnt work, change those values until they are working and add them to ai.ini under [GEARS] afterwards.

Last edited:
Hi gents, how to lose your driving license:
A new beast in my garage:
View attachment 1303832

engine: Hayabusa 175hp, 145Nm, 11000 RPM with sounds, RPM indicator revised, weight: less than 600kg, new exhaust line, 6 gears Susuki gearbox, no chance for DS3, Clio IV and many others with (so much!) more power. 0-100 in 5.2s.
But I need Safi Hellie's authorization before I can upload it.
Have a nice day, Mike.
Good idea, I always hoped to see this type of preparation for a Citroën 2cv.
A mod like in this video

I've already seen this car for real on the track, it's the best

It's probably a private mod or can you share it here

Last edited by a moderator:
If you discover such things ALWAYS open the ingame Lua Debug app and look if there are red dots! Red dots are errors. And like with Pure, if there is an error it could mean the weatherFX Lua system halts and this can cause a serious FPS loss.
Checked and no red dots so the assumption, as in the beginning, is that is a problem related to the new version of CSP... I don't know maybe some new setting which is automatically activated by default. I need to keep investigating 'cause with the old combo of CSP (0.1.80 preview 442) and Pure (0.205) everything was smooth like never before.
I've also re-done a clean installation and stuttering is still there. It's unplayable for me with such a problem 'cause it's not like a FPS drop, it simply jumps the momentum and while you're underbraking you completely lose the braking point and the most annoying part is that this happen randomly and frequently
It's not something related to a specific car or track btw. In the following video you can see that even the digits of the lap time get stuck for some tenths of a second...

Drive the car yourself with automatic gearing (STRG-G) and check if its working. If it works use those two data points from drivetrain.ini in ai.ini.
Code:
[AUTO_SHIFTER]
UP=7200
DOWN=4200
If it doesnt work, change those values until they are working and add them to ai.ini under [GEARS] afterwards.
Solved! Yes, that was the only thing left to check...thanks. ;)
And many thanks @andrevr too.

Checked and no red dots so the assumption, as in the beginning, is that is a problem related to the new version of CSP... I don't know maybe some new setting which is automatically activated by default. I need to keep investigating 'cause with the old combo of CSP (0.1.80 preview 442) and Pure (0.205) everything was smooth like never before.
I've also re-done a clean installation and stuttering is still there. It's unplayable for me with such a problem 'cause it's not like a FPS drop, it simply jumps the momentum and while you're underbraking you completely lose the braking point and the most annoying part is that this happen randomly and frequently
It's not something related to a specific car or track btw. In the following video you can see that even the digits of the lap time get stuck for some tenths of a second...

Actually it just looks like if Pure or some other thing causes an error. Could you please open Lua debug app and show me?
Please also sho the Pure Config app!
Also what CSP do you use? If you use a preview version, did you install it manually?

As I already wrote, do a clean install of pure. Have you used uninstallpure.bat to get rid of old files before installing new pure 0.222?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back