Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,708 comments
So, here I am after having invastigated a bit more. Probably it's something having to do with the sun rays since in the night everything work smooth... at the sunset and sunrise the situation is critic for my system

GPU: Nvidia 830M
CPU: Intel Core i5-5200U 2,20 GHz
RAM: 8GB

so as you can see not a very high performance PC.

Anyway, new day new bug:

I thing I'm the only one with this bug. Lights start on (as they should) but if I switch them off and try to turn them on again, they simply switch on for a second and then they turn off. This thing happened with the old version of CSP too but after some consecutive switches on everything was working fine.
All this happening with both mods and kunos cars (all)

Could you try to deactivate the "sunblinding" shader in Pure Config app "shader" tab?

Yeah, it's great!, thanks for making it known and for the improvement... The truth is that it is one of those circuits that at first seem easy, but in reality require several laps to be able to go fast without going off, with those fast curves and changes in gradient. Very entertaining, yes...

Only one question: does anyone else have this little glitch?

View attachment 1304175

The texture highlighted in red has the typical mirror behavior bug and I have tried to figure out something with "Objects Inspector" but I have no idea how to solve... 😅

Thanks in advance!
Just add the following section to the ext_config.ini of "actk_jops_siffert". It changes the mirroring shader.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION=
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = RMBL_01
SHADER = ksPerPixel

Could you try to deactivate the "sunblinding" shader in Pure Config app "shader" tab?
Yep that eliminated the stuttering problem. However, the problem is my rig... I think it's time for me for an upgrade (and to this send this 9 years old boy in retirement) to enjoy the new feature of CSP and Pure.
Anyway, jokes aside, thanks so much for your work in this new Pure update and I look forward to make a full usage of it once I'll get a more performing PC. Also again, thanks so much for your interest and helping.
And yes @Fall Guy, I will have a look in the dedicated section over CSP's Discord channel for that problem with the lights. Thanks to you too btw. Wish you all the best guys! :cheers:

KartCenter Campillos v1.0
Karting track in Spain.
Conversion from rFactor2.

Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_campillos_karting_15-10-123-15-16-54.jpg

-CSP recommended
-16 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by @LuisB
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Updated kic.dds by @Breathe
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @LuisB , erentuzci , @macko68 , @Breathe

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

GRiD2 Miami - v1.0 (codename: Smugglers Blues)

bgr_03.jpg

bgr_01.jpg

features:
  • 22 pit/grid w/AI
  • 2 layouts fwd/rev
  • CSP grassFX, lightingFX, rainFX, alltheFX
  • extensive night lighting with custom masks/textures
this track requires CSP >0.180 (0.2x prefered)

credits:

- beta testing by @Breathe, @Mike08 and above mentioned, thank you

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Mark Fish Motorsport Renault 5 elf turbo uk cup 6k/4k/2k

front and rear plates + spare wheel are removed on track

If you want it back just remove the "ext_config" from the skin folder

loose replica of the 1990 Renault 5 uk cup with 1 more addition coming soon which is another loose replica (but a whole lot more time consuming). For now though here is 1 finished skin.

to install: unzip and choose which res you want then drag and drop the "content" folder to CM.

link to the car in the D/L section aswell

Screenshot (288).png

Screenshot (289).png
Screenshot_renault_super5gt_turbo_fase2_group_a_ks_brands_hatch_17-10-123-20-15-14.jpg

After much searching, I finally found a currently working link for Aosta 3.5. Enjoy 👍

Speaking of Aosta - what other tracks are there with a lot of different configurations / variants? I'm thinking the likes of Sidewinder from FM3 for the lack of a better example. Thunderhill is another one that comes to my mind. (Paul Ricard is not a valid answer haha).

Speaking of Aosta - what other tracks are there with a lot of different configurations / variants? I'm thinking the likes of Sidewinder from FM3 for the lack of a better example. Thunderhill is another one that comes to my mind. (Paul Ricard is not a valid answer haha).
Real: Arad (10), Autodromo Buenos Aires (12), El Pinar (16), LA Canyons (16), Thunderhill (24)
Fictional: Dubai Circuit (7), Sainte Croix (8), Old Ring Park (9), Rio (10), Bella Vista route (11), Camino Viejo (20)

Hi guys,

I am looking for a logo again.
1700260124708.png

The car is Team A.R.E. 1996 Imsa GT car. The photo shows the car during the Texas 500. On the fender is the logo "Grand Prix Motorsports", which is if I remember right a company which sold automotive products like brake fluid, cleaning products etc. I have only the following logo:
1700260320812.png

and would like to avoid creating the logo on the car if somebody already has it in his collection.

Thanx for your help again :-)
Daniel

Some more:

Real: Adams Motorsports Park (12), Autodromo Buenos Aires(H22s version) (25), Autodromo Victor Borrat Fabini (16), Buttonwillow (12), Charlotte Speedway (10), Daytona (8), Codegua (8), Indianapolis Motor Speedway (10), Motorland Aragon (7), Slovakiaring 2023 (6)
Taupo International Motorsport Park (6), Virginia International Raceway (7)

Fictional: Apricot Hill + Midfield (9), Autodrome Lago Maggiore (8), Helsinki International Circuit 2023 (7), Horsma Raceway (6), Ottawa Motorsports Park (6), Tucuru Motorplex (9)

shi
KartCenter Campillos v1.0
Karting track in Spain.
Conversion from rFactor2.

View attachment 1304230
-CSP recommended
-16 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by @LuisB
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Updated kic.dds by @Breathe
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @LuisB , erentuzci , @macko68 , @Breathe

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

can't run this ... does not launch... anyone else experienced the same?

EDIT : sorry never mind, not issue for this track , but a more general one I face...
I get "race cancelled" for every track /car combo it seems... need to find out what's going on.

Last edited:
New Question:
I'm working on a car, having trouble creating a .kn5 that works properly in game. The .fbx loads into KS Editor fine, everything looks correct. I can save the .kn5, no errors. The .kn5 loads into Content Manager correctly, e.g. the showroom. Everything looks correct in the CM showroom. The issue is when I load the car in-game, the wheels and tyres are not visible. This could be a scale issue, that the wheels and tyres are "there," just incredibly small, e.g., 1/100 correct size? I don't know. The .fbx objects are all set at scale=1.0. The dimensions of the car objects in the .fbx are all 1/100 normal size, as I imported it into Blender with scale 0.01 (as instructed elsewhere) and then applied scale to all objects.
I've tried everything I can think of. The car itself is fine in-game, drives fine, looks great, except it has no wheels and tires.

View attachment 1303767

View attachment 1303768

View attachment 1303769
If you open the car in CM showroom there should be an option to tick “align wheels with data” or something like that under the car params tab, if that causes the problem then it could be in the tires.ini or suspension.ini in the data. If that still doesn’t do anything try without CSP installed but I have a feeling it’s an issue with the physics.

This an update to my mod for Legion's Lime Rock Mountain. It was one of the first track's I ever tried to edit so the mod really wasn't that good. Since then i've learned a lot so I tried to make the mod better. It's still not great, but better than before. For the record, this is not supposed to be a period accurate mod. It's more of a 'what if' had the track existed today.

Lime Rock Mountain v3.0
New version posted, same link as before.

Sorry for the quick update, but I needed to fix some things that I overlooked with regards to the night lights. Since my system doesn't handle night races well, I always forget to check that because I almost never race at night.

-- Changed the night lighting for the areas with standing crowds. The original method I used was a poor way of doing it, but I didn't know any better back then. I had the ground underneath the crowds light up to put light on the people. My new way was to add light objects on the ground pointing at the crowds and project the light at the crowds. Much more realistic looking.
-- Used the same lighting trick in front of most of the billboards and turned off the lighting on the billboard materials. Again, much more realistic looking because only the front of the billboards are lit.
-- I made one change in the ext_config file that could be ppfilter related so you may need to change it back to the way it was. I found that the car's headlights seemed to really light up the trees making them way too bright. I changed the CAR_LIGHTS_LIT_MULT value from 1 to 0.5 in the LIGHTING section at the top of the config file. If you find the car headlights don't light things up enough, just change that value back to 1.

Last edited:
In addition to Fana's list, I have the following tracks for you. By the way: you can select the tracks with multiple layouts with the filter "layouts>XX". Here are all tracks I have with more than 10 layouts:

1700292110148.png

Hi guys,

I am looking for a logo again.
View attachment 1304290
The car is Team A.R.E. 1996 Imsa GT car. The photo shows the car during the Texas 500. On the fender is the logo "Grand Prix Motorsports", which is if I remember right a company which sold automotive products like brake fluid, cleaning products etc. I have only the following logo: View attachment 1304292

and would like to avoid creating the logo on the car if somebody already has it in his collection.

Thanx for your help again :-)
Daniel
GPMotorsports_logo.png

solved :-)

can't run this ... does not launch... anyone else experienced the same?

EDIT : sorry never mind, not issue for this track , but a more general one I face...
I get "race cancelled" for every track /car combo it seems... need to find out what's going on.
Check your PM ;)

Yas Marina Circuit 2021 mod v2.0, made by BAI Zhantang and so on.
·Model by BAI Zhantang and me, road mesh is converted from rfactor 1 and fix by me, other model files are copied from acu_yasmarina.
·Most of texture UV and lightfx are remade by ZHU Wushuang.
·Ai, real TV camera replay , rainfx and grassfx are made by GUO Furong.
Many thanks for the sponsorship of Tongfu Inn(Xi'an city, Shaanxi province, China), hoping you a great journey to Shaanxi someday, welcome to our inn.
View attachment 1301025
View attachment 1301026
View attachment 1301027
View attachment 1301029
View attachment 1301030
View attachment 1301033
Link:https://mega.nz/file/6h5GwbAB#TKiTsaP-Q7nYXrxKck08hni0UWddIkZ8pbHVSZlECq0
CSP 1.78 or higher is needed.
Yas Marina Circuit 2021
Update again.
New lights, more friendly to FPS,brighter on T9.
New painting on T9 ground.
New grid lights, less shadow.
Screenshot_formula_extreme_2016_yas_marina_2021_18-11-123-19-8-7.jpg

Screenshot_formula_extreme_2016_yas_marina_2021_18-11-123-19-7-38.jpg

Last edited:
EDIT /SOLVED : I found the culprate for my "race cancelled" for every track /car issue: the FFBClip app

inside assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\Config dir , deleted the 2 ini files (Combos.ini and FFBClip.ini)

(for me they were both massive big , +50Kb , and no longer readable via notepad, so I guess they got corrupted somehow)

Now I can run aC sessions again (also with the FFBClip app turned on).

Good weekend to all!

Last edited:
Update again.
New lights, more friendly to FPS,brighter on T9.
New painting on T9 ground.
New grid lights, less shadow.
View attachment 1304386
View attachment 1304387
Thanks. best version available imo.
Looks fine, also at night.
Still not very friendly on fps though: alone on track, one lap during daylight, on at night, I get 72.3 fps AVG and 36.5 fps MIN, which is really quite low, compared to other similar tracks.
(BAI Zhantang and so on v1.0 same conditions gives 98.9 fps AVG and 50.4 fps MIN - but there's quite some grandstand lights 'popping'.
Could you also provide a version number ?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back